Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9131&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:09 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sacrificing Yourself For "the Ministry", another 3ABN spinoff
Lee
post Mar 20 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 20 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]186541[/snapback]

When sister said...
    Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?
...here's what first came to mind: what's worse, calling someone you don't know an adulterer (and being wrong), or calling someone you do know an adulterer (and being wrong)?

Obviously, for someone to call their wife an adulterer, based on wishful thinking, is worse than a stranger calling a man an adulterer based on deductive logic.

Adultry is not spiritual adultry. If you think Jesus was hard on the Pharisees for dragging up a woman caught in the act, imagine what he would have said if they drug her up caught in the act of fantasizing? Only God can judge that.

(back to work now as I don't have much time for this anymore)

Hello LaurenceD--what kind of work do you do? Perhaps you are a computer engineer?

The correct spelling for adultery has an "e" in it...it isn't adultry. You're right though, only God can judge certain sins. That is why we are told not to "judge" others hearts. However, we can tell an awful lot by the "fruits." If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Mar 20 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]186566[/snapback]

Hello LaurenceD--what kind of work do you do? Perhaps you are a computer engineer?

The correct spelling for adultery has an "e" in it...it isn't adultry. You're right though, only God can judge certain sins. That is why we are told not to "judge" others hearts. However, we can tell an awful lot by the "fruits." If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?

If you want to nitpick spelling, tell Bystander that "babtism" should actually be "baptism" and there's no such thing as being sued for "liable."

This post has been edited by ex3ABNemployee: Mar 20 2007, 10:43 AM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 20 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]186566[/snapback]

However, we can tell an awful lot by the "fruits." If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?

Please help me out here, since I don't have anyone to call and ask. What would be some dates of such trips taken by Linda? I have read that there are supposed to be "many", so 4 or 5 examples would suffice.

(dates is all that is necessary at this point, I'm sure that with that info, I can research the two viewpoints on those occurrances, since most aspects of this has already been discussed ad nauseam on this forum.)

Thanks.

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Mar 20 2007, 11:27 AM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 20 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]186566[/snapback]

Hello. I work at several different jobs, busier that your average person, but am able to wander past this computer from time to time, and look in...it varies.

Thanks for the correction on the spelling. I don't use the spell check feature and sometimes the keys on my computer have such a soft touch, they don't depress far enough to register the letter I attempted. But, and in good mutual humor, and as my grandfather use to say, "same distance to ya!" I thought I'd look back through your own posts for spelling, and lo and behold halfway throught the first page, what do I see? You spelled intelligent with one l! That's almost an oxymoron!
QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 12 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]184818[/snapback]
Any "reasonable" inteligent person reading my post could see that.

Just a little advice: don't become so wise at detecting what's wrong with everyone else, to the tiniest degree. That kind of mindset is the soil in which off-shoots grow, and it's sure to boomerang on ya!

Re your comment, "If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?" Yes it should, but how different is that from impugnment by presupposition?. Your statement is loaded with judgementalism and unwarranted implication. How do you know it's intended to be romantic? How do you know you know? What's your definition of "romantic?" How far can you apply your definition to the case? What if the intentions actually headed south from the start, and were never fulfilled?

See why it's best to leave fantasizing, and so-called fantasizing, to God, and not some human fact-finding committee that is obviously way off base even trying to reach a conclusion through such an endeavor? What would Jesus do? Warn against lust of the heart, and wait till someone is actually caught in adultery before the stoning begins. And then, let those who are w/o sin cast the first stone.

See how different Christ is?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 20 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #65

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 20 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]186562[/snapback]

Tommy Shelton admitted to what he did in a letter to one of the victims. He had sex with a child; therefore he is a molester. What's the lie in that?
dunno.gif

Why not ask Duane, before you run your mouth, as the only letter from T.S. was to him? Hint: you just claimed two things he denied, and that he got upset about.

But I am sure you'll never believe me, so here you go:

Duane Clem:
"I have never used the words "child molestation" in reference to myself. You're beating a dead horse."
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=175102

"There was a lot of inappropriate touching, but nothing further. He wanted much more out of it, but I couldn't let it happen because in my heart I knew it wasn't right."
http://www.save3abn.com/tommy-shelton-vict...m-statement.htm

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 20 2007, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 20 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]186566[/snapback]

If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?

Who went on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, and can you prove it?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 20 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]186599[/snapback]

Why not ask Duane, before you run your mouth, as the letter was to him? Hint: you just claimed two things he denied, and that he got upset about.

No, Aletheia, Duane is the wrong one to ask. One should instead ask Roger and Greg regarding child molestation, since they claim to have been victims of that.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 20 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Mar 20 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]186574[/snapback]

If you want to nitpick spelling, tell Bystander that "babtism" should actually be "baptism" and there's no such thing as being sued for "liable."

Well Duane, just like there is a difference between a typing error and a misspelled word--I believe Bystander was just typing fast and got those words wrong. But LaurenceD spelled adultery several times the incorrect way. It is too bad we don't have spell check on here to make it easier. But I wasn't trying to nitpick at all.

from-the-pew--for an answer to your question, I'm sure if you phoned 3abn, someone there perhaps could tell you the facts.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 20 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 20 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]186599[/snapback]

Why not ask Duane, before you run your mouth, as the only letter from T.S. was to him? Hint: you just claimed two things he denied, and that he got upset about.

But I am sure you'll never believe me, so here you go:

Duane Clem:
"I have never used the words "child molestation" in reference to myself. You're beating a dead horse."
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=175102

"There was a lot of inappropriate touching, but nothing further. He wanted much more out of it, but I couldn't let it happen because in my heart I knew it wasn't right."
http://www.save3abn.com/tommy-shelton-vict...m-statement.htm

excuse me? not today Cindy... if you cannot answer politely, do not post..

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]186602[/snapback]

Well Duane, just like there is a difference between a typing error and a misspelled word--I believe Bystander was just typing fast and got those words wrong. But LaurenceD spelled adultery several times the incorrect way. It is too bad we don't have spell check on here to make it easier. But I wasn't trying to nitpick at all.

from-the-pew--for an answer to your question, I'm sure if you phoned 3abn, someone there perhaps could tell you the facts.

Lee not today for you either... your two recent posts in this thread could be interpreted as personal attacks.... I am sure that is not your intent....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 20 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 20 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]186601[/snapback]

No, Aletheia, Duane is the wrong one to ask. One should instead ask Roger and Greg regarding child molestation, since they claim to have been victims of that.

You should pay attention. PrincessDrRe was claiming Tommy Shelton admitted to having sex with a child in a letter. That is false.

As for your other two, got anything concrete in writing or with their signature on it yet??
Get to work!

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 20 2007, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 20 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 20 2007, 02:54 AM) [snapback]186489[/snapback]

Another lie. You don't know me and have made accusations against me. First I am Linda, because how else could I know so much about the Sheltons and be so accurate. Then when you could not prove that, all the other accusations began of how I am a liar, etc. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?

Sister

Sister, you would be shocked at what I know. Please, let me encourage you, just keep right on posting in the pattern you are accustomed...... smile.gif

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 20 2007, 05:54 AM)

Another lie. You don't know me and have made accusations against me. First I am Linda, because how else could I know so much about the Sheltons and be so accurate. Then when you could not prove that, all the other accusations began of how I am a liar, etc. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?

Sister

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 20 2007, 06:14 AM) [snapback]186513[/snapback]

pot - kettle - black

You just wrote: "another lie"

"Bystander: even Danny Shelton, whose behavior is akin to a hick, red-necked, Southern con artist who steals the nickles and dimes from old ladies on fixed incomes, while using God as his frontman; even he should not be ignorant enough to write the above. Or on second thought, perhaps he did make this very mistake?... You were definitely the last person I expected to verify my statement, although I am sure that was not your intention...
Is the great "anointed one" here among us? rofl1.gif
"It is getting so deep around Bystander that even waders are not high enough to keep out of the muck. It must be all those years Dan spent on the "Honey Truck", I can still smell the aroma in these posts."
Sister

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif You gotta admit Aletheia, no one can defame a person quite like sister. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 20 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

ok... we have gotten offtrack...... starting over from this point on... personal attacks will not be allowed... if you engage in that behavior you will get no warning your posting privileges will be suspended...

this thread is closed... we need to pause....

No name calling It is rude and uncalled for and also unscriptural. Name calling of another member will get your post removed.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated This board has an edit button enabled. Once you have posted read what you wrote. If you think it could in any way offend, go back and edit it. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with any potentially offensive material. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. Flaming, putting other's down etc all fall into this category. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 21 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

topic reopened..... mind the rules.... address the topic.....thank you....

--------------------

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 4 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 20 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]186597[/snapback]

Hello. I work at several different jobs, busier that your average person, but am able to wander past this computer from time to time, and look in...it varies.

Thanks for the correction on the spelling. I don't use the spell check feature and sometimes the keys on my computer have such a soft touch, they don't depress far enough to register the letter I attempted. But, and in good mutual humor, and as my grandfather use to say, "same distance to ya!" I thought I'd look back through your own posts for spelling, and lo and behold halfway throught the first page, what do I see? You spelled intelligent with one l! That's almost an oxymoron!

Just a little advice: don't become so wise at detecting what's wrong with everyone else, to the tiniest degree. That kind of mindset is the soil in which off-shoots grow, and it's sure to boomerang on ya!

Re your comment, "If a person who is married is going off on a romantic trip with someone other than their spouse, that should tell an awful lot, don't you think?" Yes it should, but how different is that from impugnment by presupposition?. Your statement is loaded with judgementalism and unwarranted implication. How do you know it's intended to be romantic? How do you know you know? What's your definition of "romantic?" How far can you apply your definition to the case? What if the intentions actually headed south from the start, and were never fulfilled?

See why it's best to leave fantasizing, and so-called fantasizing, to God, and not some human fact-finding committee that is obviously way off base even trying to reach a conclusion through such an endeavor? What would Jesus do? Warn against lust of the heart, and wait till someone is actually caught in adultery before the stoning begins. And then, let those who are w/o sin cast the first stone.

See how different Christ is?

AMEN -AMEN -AMEN AND AMEN!!!!

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 10 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 20 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]186602[/snapback]

- - -

It would be interesting to get the "facts."

Before Danny divorced Linda she made one trip to Norway to visit her son, and Brenda was along. It lasted three and a half days. I met them all there at the time, and I never saw any romance.

What other facts can be told that are not pure fiction?

This post has been edited by Johann: Apr 10 2007, 05:23 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
inga
post Apr 11 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

With all the mud slung at Linda, Johann's note is a good factual reminder.

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 10 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]190710[/snapback]

Before Danny divorced Linda she made one trip to Norway to visit her son, and Brenda was along. It lasted three and a half days. I met them all there at the time, and I never saw any romance.

What other facts can be told that are not pure fiction?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church