Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9131&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:06 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sacrificing Yourself For "the Ministry", another 3ABN spinoff
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Johann @ May 7 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]129617[/snapback]

According to my observations throughout this whole affair, and my dealings with the main individuals affected by the ordeal, this question has often come to the surface. Linda was told - and this has been verified by others who witnessed it - that regardless if she had done something wrong or not, she must be ready to be sacrificed for the benefit of the "ministry". In this case the "ministry" was evidently one person.

At an early stage one of the head administrators of 3ABN informed me that regardless if Danny or Linda were telling the truth, Linda had to be sacrificed because Danny was able to collect more funds for 3ABN. The songs Linda wrote and sang about grace were considered too liberal for the conservative supporters, and therefore she had to leave 3ABN.

bump.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Mar 19 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Isn't this the equivalent of offering a human sacrifice to a ministry (or person) that's been made into an idol?

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Mar 19 2007, 02:48 PM

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 19 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Mar 19 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]186402[/snapback]

Isn't this the equivalent of offering a human sacrifice to a ministry (or person) that's been made into an idol?

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 19 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Mar 19 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]186402[/snapback]

You may have been to the offering places where they cut the heart out of a living girl to use as a sacrifice. Idolatry is still not too far from us, and it will be getting worse as we come closer to the Second Coming of Christ.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 19 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 18 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]186098[/snapback]

Mr J;

Mr J; All of this is entirely my opinion.

Fran, If your last little line was to cover your rear, don't worry about it. It's too late. Your nasty little posts and accusations go waaay back.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 19 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 19 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]186455[/snapback]

Fran, If your last little line was to cover your rear, don't worry about it. It's too late. Your nasty little posts and accusations go waaay back.

As do yours.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 19 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 19 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]186462[/snapback]

As do yours.

In His service,
Mr. J

Sorry, only you guys have been careless enough to make statements calling people, thieves, molesters, murderers, adulterers etc...Pretty big risk when you don't even know them.

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 20 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 19 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]186466[/snapback]

Sorry, only you guys have been careless enough to make statements calling people, thieves, molesters, murderers, adulterers etc...Pretty big risk when you don't even know them.

Another lie. You don't know me and have made accusations against me. First I am Linda, because how else could I know so much about the Sheltons and be so accurate. Then when you could not prove that, all the other accusations began of how I am a liar, etc. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?

Sister

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 20 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #54

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ May 4 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]129262[/snapback]

To what extent should we sacrifice ourselves for the sake of "the ministry" or "the church?"

Listening to the dialogue now about the conditions at 3ABN, I believe that well meaning christians felt they were doing the right thing for the sake of that "ministry." My question though is this, if there is something morally or spiritually wrong with a ministry or a church, what obligation does a christian have to continue sacrificing themselves for that ministry?

At what point can it be said, this is wrong and should not be allowed to continue? Or are christians to keep silent and hope for the best?

These are all good questions. And here is another one. Is it the "ministry" folks are sacrificing themselves for, or is it for the ego of those who claim to be "called of God"? Are people sacrificing their conscience out of obligation to the "ministry" or are they allowing themselves to be manipulated to keep peace while they themselves have no peace of mind or heart? scratchchin.gif

Is the sacrifice they think they are making, for the "ministry", worth what it will cost more victims? Please do not fool yourselves, because there are and will be more victims sacrificed as long as you continue to sacrifice your conscience. no.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Mar 20 2007, 06:27 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 20 2007, 04:59 AM) [snapback]186499[/snapback]

These are all good questions. And here is another one. Is it the "ministry" folks are sacrificing themselves for, or is it for the ego of those who claim to be "called of God"? Are people sacrificing their conscience out of obligation to the "ministry" or are they allowing themselves to be manipulated to keep peace while they themselves have no peace of mind or heart? scratchchin.gif

Is the sacrifice they think they are making, for the "ministry", worth what it will cost more victims? Please do not fool yourselves, because there are and will be more victims sacrificed as long as you continue to sacrifice your conscience. no.gif

I have noticed that when guilt is pretty well proven, people are called to let the guilty one off because it will hurt his or her family, the ministry, the reputation of the church etc. It is like them holding someone hostage, pointing a gun at this person's head and saying, "Let me do what I want or I will shoot and it will be your fault". Now whose fault would it really be?

This post has been edited by lurker: Mar 20 2007, 06:30 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 20 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 18 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]186098[/snapback]

Mr J;

Lee was the name I saw on almost all of the top posts when I came to read on Friday night. I believe Lee's motivation was quite different from Ser|phm's motives! It is kind of like bidding on eBay. The last one to bid wins the prize!

Ser|phm's motivation was NOT malicious. Lee, on the other hand, takes delight in belittling others. She/he has been doing it for years. She/he has had a lot of practice! I have followed her/his career of trashing people for years now.

She/he can change their names, but the character always shines through. Her/his motives are highly suspect in my opinion!

This is Lee's way of casting the blame for her/his actions onto her. She/he falsely sees everything that way. It is called, being blind to your own faults. You see, Lee, like Danny, has no faults, in there eyes at least.

Mr J; All of this is entirely my opinion.

Interesting, when I came to post on Friday evening, every post but one had Sera's name on it, and all were old... Most she was just adding a smiley or a few words to, to bump them up, and adding nothing as far as content. I responded to one and had to go back to find the current thread I wanted to reply to. From what I noticed, all three that Lee brought back up, were actually current discussions, which had been buried due to Sera hijacking the entire board..

But then you all see and report things the way you want to.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 20 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 20 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]186489[/snapback]

Another lie. You don't know me and have made accusations against me. First I am Linda, because how else could I know so much about the Sheltons and be so accurate. Then when you could not prove that, all the other accusations began of how I am a liar, etc. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?

Sister

pot - kettle - black

You just wrote: "another lie"

"Bystander: even Danny Shelton, whose behavior is akin to a hick, red-necked, Southern con artist who steals the nickles and dimes from old ladies on fixed incomes, while using God as his frontman; even he should not be ignorant enough to write the above. Or on second thought, perhaps he did make this very mistake?... You were definitely the last person I expected to verify my statement, although I am sure that was not your intention...
Is the great "anointed one" here among us? rofl1.gif

"It is getting so deep around Bystander that even waders are not high enough to keep out of the muck. It must be all those years Dan spent on the "Honey Truck", I can still smell the aroma in these posts."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 20 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 20 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]186466[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I forgot... your camp only calls people adulterers and homosexuals...trying to run interference for the aforementioned molesters, adulterers, thieves et al.

If Tommy is not a molester, why the apology... and the loss of his ministerial credentials... and the similar allegations from different places?

If Danny was truly the cuckold, why not show it 3 years ago? Why not show it today?

These questions and others continue to be raised and your camp has had no answers for them.

None. Whatsoever.

If you want to silence the critics, and make the discussion of the sheltons and 3abn go away, all you have to do is give the evidence for your claims.

You have been invited to do so time and again... and you have provided squat... because squat is all you have.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 20 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 19 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]186466[/snapback]

When sister said...
    Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?
...here's what first came to mind: what's worse, calling someone you don't know an adulterer (and being wrong), or calling someone you do know an adulterer (and being wrong)?

Obviously, for someone to call their wife an adulterer, based on wishful thinking, is worse than a stranger calling a man an adulterer based on deductive logic.

Adultry is not spiritual adultry. If you think Jesus was hard on the Pharisees for dragging up a woman caught in the act, imagine what he would have said if they drug her up caught in the act of fantasizing? Only God can judge that.

(back to work now as I don't have much time for this anymore)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 20 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #60

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 19 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]186466[/snapback]

Tommy Shelton admitted to what he did in a letter to one of the victims. He had sex with a child; therefore he is a molester. What's the lie in that?
dunno.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 20 2007, 07:55 AM) [snapback]186508[/snapback]

Interesting, when I came to post on Friday evening, every post but one had Sera's name on it, and all were old... Most she was just adding a smiley or a few words to, to bump them up, and adding nothing as far as content. I responded to one and had to go back to find the current thread I wanted to reply to. From what I noticed, all three that Lee brought back up, were actually current discussions, which had been buried due to Sera hijacking the entire board..

But then you all see and report things the way you want to.

We tend to "bump up" old post from time to time. I even have a old thread about "I can't post anymore!!!" because I had posted on like 30 different threads in one day (old and new)! Why? I was bored at my house, I dug up some "old stuff" that I had asked/commented on, and I wanted to see what else could be said about the subject.

It's not all about Danny, 3ABN, and Molestation you know....there's health, there's regular old "news", there's LIFE people! Why now can somebody not LIVE IT by posting on something else?

You want a thread brought back up? Go find it using the "search option" and post on it. It's just as easy as posting in the 3 ABN threads.... dunno.gif

Mountains outta molehills..... doh.gif

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 20 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]186541[/snapback]

When sister said...
    Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, Bystander... What is written upon your forehead?
...here's what first came to mind: what's worse, calling someone you don't know an adulterer (and being wrong), or calling someone you do know an adulterer (and being wrong)?

Obviously, for someone to call their wife an adulterer, based on wishful thinking, is worse than a stranger calling a man an adulterer based on deductive logic.

Adultry is not spiritual adultry. If you think Jesus was hard on the Pharisees for dragging up a woman caught in the act, imagine what he would have said if they drug her up caught in the act of fantasizing? Only God can judge that.

Exactly!

Now I'm off to "flood" my board with other posts as I am bored, on Spring Break, and having a good day!
thankyou.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church