Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9131&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:02 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sacrificing Yourself For "the Ministry", another 3ABN spinoff
Clay
post Jul 10 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 9 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]138374[/snapback]

Thanks. Its been a long month and much has slipped my mind.

not a problem.... threads get long and wander all over the place..... my original thought was that it is dangerous to commit yourself to a ministry to the point that you cannot see its fatal flaws....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 10 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ May 4 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]129262[/snapback]

To what extent should we sacrifice ourselves for the sake of "the ministry" or "the church?"

Listening to the dialogue now about the conditions at 3ABN, I believe that well meaning christians felt they were doing the right thing for the sake of that "ministry." My question though is this, if there is something morally or spiritually wrong with a ministry or a church, what obligation does a christian have to continue sacrificing themselves for that ministry?

At what point can it be said, this is wrong and should not be allowed to continue? Or are christians to keep silent and hope for the best?

These questions seem very important in this discussion, because at one point the message was given to Linda by one of those counsellors 3ABN is referring to so often, that regardless if she was guilty or not, Linda should be willing to be sacrificed for the benefit of this ministry which means so much to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Danny indicated, also in letters to me, that Linda could be restored if she would admit that she had comitted adultery. Why should she admit she had done something she never had? Why did Danny need this admission from her so badly?

I was in e-mail correspondance with both Linda and Danny before they went for counselling in Kansas. Walt Thompson makes the statement that 3ABN chose those non-SDA counsellor for Linda's sake. Danny refused to go there, because it was Linda's sister who suggested they go there, as far as I recall.

It was after Danny was assured the counsellors were Bible-believing Christians he agreed to go there, and he told me that he would go there for one purpose: If they were Bible-believing they would agree with him that he had a Biblical mandate to divorce Linda and marry someone else.

You can therefore imagine that the reports I received after that counselling session from Danny did not agree with the reports Linda gave me. What Linda told me as they returned home was that Danny had offerend to give the counsellors a donation for the benefit of their ministry, and from then on most of the counselling, which lasted many hours, was done by Danny.

People who know Danny Shelton, or have been interviewd by him on TV, will recognize the situation, and know who gives a good portion of the answers during those interviews. Danny has a special way of insisting that someone else said what he actually said himself.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 10 2006, 05:12 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 11 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 10 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]138414[/snapback]

These questions seem very important in this discussion, because at one point the message was given to Linda by one of those counsellors 3ABN is referring to so often, that regardless if she was guilty or not, Linda should be willing to be sacrificed for the benefit of this ministry which means so much to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Danny indicated, also in letters to me, that Linda could be restored if she would admit that she had comitted adultery. Why should she admit she had done something she never had? Why did Danny need this admission from her so badly?

I was in e-mail correspondance with both Linda and Danny before they went for counselling in Kansas. Walt Thompson makes the statement that 3ABN chose those non-SDA counsellor for Linda's sake. Danny refused to go there, because it was Linda's sister who suggested they go there, as far as I recall.

It was after Danny was assured the counsellors were Bible-believing Christians he agreed to go there, and he told me that he would go there for one purpose: If they were Bible-believing they would agree with him that he had a Biblical mandate to divorce Linda and marry someone else.

You can therefore imagine that the reports I received after that counselling session from Danny did not agree with the reports Linda gave me. What Linda told me as they returned home was that Danny had offerend to give the counsellors a donation for the benefit of their ministry, and from then on most of the counselling, which lasted many hours, was done by Danny.

People who know Danny Shelton, or have been interviewd by him on TV, will recognize the situation, and know who gives a good portion of the answers during those interviews. Danny has a special way of insisting that someone else said what he actually said himself.

....so, why don't the people see this? It makes me ill just knowing this form of minipulation is going on and every one just sucks it up....again I say, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. EYES ARE FOR SEEING. yikes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 11 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 11 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]138813[/snapback]

....so, why don't the people see this? It makes me ill just knowing this form of minipulation is going on and every one just sucks it up....again I say, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. EYES ARE FOR SEEING. yikes.gif

Well Sonshine, manipulation is meant to keep people's eyes closed to the obvious. that is its function, and Danny is a master manipulator.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 12 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 12 2006, 07:01 AM) [snapback]138841[/snapback]

Well Sonshine, manipulation is meant to keep people's eyes closed to the obvious. that is its function, and Danny is a master manipulator.

Some feel that the Lord could use Danny's ability to manipulate to do a specific job for HIM, estabishing a world-wide TV network. The question is now if Danny is justified in using his great ability to manipulate to justify his desire/need to rid himself of his wife and marrying a much younger woman. He has manipulted his pastor, his conference president, his staff, his board, and incountable others to paint a distorted picture of what happened and justiftying his actions.

Stay tuned for a verification. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 12 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 12 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]138978[/snapback]

Some feel that the Lord could use Danny's ability to manipulate to do a specific job for HIM, estabishing a world-wide TV network.

Those who believe this completely miss the point that God doesnt work from the devil's toolbox. The end does not justify the means.

Of course since those that believe it seem to be in a trusting state of mind I might have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale... cash only, in small bills...danke

Seems to work for Danny, sooooo....

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 16 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

While reading through some posts from almost a year ago, I came across this thread. I saw enough discussion in here that I thought it might be educational for some of the newbies who may not yet have had time to read all the posts on this subject.

I have found the posts about LS needing to be sacrificed and the counselling recommendations she received interesting in view of some of the recent discussions on these issues.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 17 2007, 09:21 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 16 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]185741[/snapback]

While reading through some posts from almost a year ago, I came across this thread. I saw enough discussion in here that I thought it might be educational for some of the newbies who may not yet have had time to read all the posts on this subject.

I have find the posts about LS needing to be sacrificed and the counselling recommendations she received interesting in view of some of the recent discussions on these issues.

nw
C"i"

NW;

I am appalled at the behavior of some to bury honest posts to make them disappear. There should be ruled about people burying posts of others at their whim!

Calvin, please do not let this happen next Friday. NW has a valid point to post in her posting here and in the Sexual Assault thread.

This is totally uncalled for! It takes a lot of time to dig and find the honest post vs the manipulative posts! This is not for you, NW, but for those rude and crude posters trying to bury valid, serious posts! . blowup.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 17 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #39

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 17 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]185995[/snapback]

NW;

I am appalled at the behavior of some to bury honest posts to make them disappear. There should be ruled about people burying posts of others at their whim!

Calvin, please do not let this happen next Friday. NW has a valid point to post in her posting here and in the Sexual Assault thread.
This is totally uncalled for! It takes a lot of time to dig and find the honest post vs the manipulative posts! This is not for you, NW, but for those rude and crude posters trying to bury valid, serious posts! . blowup.gif

I don't know what you are talking about, nor am I going to take the time to investigate. I don't share your interest and that of many of those who regularly (many exclusively) post in these threads. There are a lot more interesting and certainly more timely discussions going on at BSDA than somebodies 3 year old messy divorce. Maybe Clay or Di will be interested in honoring your request.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Mar 17 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(lurker @ May 7 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]129643[/snapback]

I'm not sure where to ask this but does anyone know when Pastor Samuel Thomas was employed at 3ABN and why he left? I know his is pastoring at the Orchard Park Adventist church in Chattanooga, Tennessee currently.

I am so glad that I read this thread. My husband and I have been wondering what has happened to Pastor Thomas and his wife.
Thanks NW for the suggestion to read this thread. clap.gif Thanks BSDA for the good information. spoton.gif

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 17 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 17 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]185995[/snapback]

NW;

I agree Fran. I also noticed Seraphim trying to bury some of the threads by bringing up dozens of old ones with nothing to say about them. I thought that was a strange thing to do just before Sabbath.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 17 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]186031[/snapback]

I agree Fran. I also noticed Seraphim trying to bury some of the threads by bringing up dozens of old ones with nothing to say about them. I thought that was a strange thing to do just before Sabbath.

Lee;

If the shoe fits,
WEAR IT !

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 17 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 17 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]186038[/snapback]

Lee;
If the shoe fits,
WEAR IT !

My goodness Fran, you are yelling. Well, just go count how many old threads Seraphim brought back up--dozens. I only brought up three. And I only did it because they were important to me to read through later that evening. But I don't think its worth breathing fire about....

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 17 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 18 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]186047[/snapback]

My goodness Fran, you are yelling. Well, just go count how many old threads Seraphim brought back up--dozens. I only brought up three. And I only did it because they were important to me to read through later that evening. But I don't think its worth breathing fire about....

Ok... we'll play connect the dots for you...

You are a professed Christian and as such you should be striving to live the golden rule... which is "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

You and Ser|phm have done the same thing; she has simply done it more than you...

You want people to believe that your doing it has no ulterior motive or intent...but you presume and proclaim Ser|phm's motivation and intent to be different than your own in a negative manner with no evidence to show that to be the case and in spite of the golden rule...

And then you proclaim that you don't think it's worth breathing fire about... but apparently it is worth shouting fire in a crowded theater about... whether or not said fire actually exists... as long as someone other than yourself is being accused of being the fire starter...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 18 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 17 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]186071[/snapback]

Ok... we'll play connect the dots for you...

You are a professed Christian and as such you should be striving to live the golden rule... which is "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

You and Ser|phm have done the same thing; she has simply done it more than you...

You want people to believe that your doing it has no ulterior motive or intent...but you presume and proclaim Ser|phm's motivation and intent to be different than your own in a negative manner with no evidence to show that to be the case and in spite of the golden rule...

And then you proclaim that you don't think it's worth breathing fire about... but apparently it is worth shouting fire in a crowded theater about... whether or not said fire actually exists... as long as someone other than yourself is being accused of being the fire starter...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr J;

Lee was the name I saw on almost all of the top posts when I came to read on Friday night. I believe Lee's motivation was quite different from Ser|phm's motives! It is kind of like bidding on eBay. The last one to bid wins the prize!

Ser|phm's motivation was NOT malicious. Lee, on the other hand, takes delight in belittling others. She/he has been doing it for years. She/he has had a lot of practice! I have followed her/his career of trashing people for years now.

She/he can change their names, but the character always shines through. Her/his motives are highly suspect in my opinion!

This is Lee's way of casting the blame for her/his actions onto her. She/he falsely sees everything that way. It is called, being blind to your own faults. You see, Lee, like Danny, has no faults, in there eyes at least.

Mr J; All of this is entirely my opinion.

This post has been edited by Fran: Mar 18 2007, 04:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church