Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9174&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:12:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is Happening With Linda?
Observer
post May 8 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

About two hours ago, Mr. Matthews posted the following in another adventist forum.

"1) I still have people coming to me and telling me that the satellite problems that 3-ABN has had are related to Linda.

Let me say again, Linda is not powerful enough to take 3-ABN off of the satellite. I accept as truth what 3-ABN, and others have said that the problems are problems with the satellite.

2) This week-end the story went out that Linda had married the Doctor. At one point it was published on the Internet. That story is 100% false. Linda has not remarried. She does not have any plans to remarry. She is not planning to marry that Doctor.

3) At the present, Linda is actively engaged in ministry. This last week, she was in Kansas, and she is available for booking in SDA Congregations throughout North America. If you would like to discuss the possibility of her presenting a program in your area, you may contact her at her website. www.lindashelton.org/

4) Linda is also developing in connection with others, a ministry to abused women. As I write this, plans are being made, in connection with an official organization of the SDA Church for Linda to produce a series of television programs on this subject. You will hear more about this as these plans develop.

5) While things seemingly are going well for Linda, I encourage you to remember her in your prayers. In the past public announcements of concerts that had been arranged with Linda has resulted in some attempting to have them cancelled. It is for that reason that I have not be specific in statement # 4.

6) Let me share something quite personal with you-all. At an earlier time in this sad sage, at a time when Linda was quite down on what was happening to her, she felt that the Lord was very close to her, and impressed her with a message. That message was the she had more to endure, but that the time would come when the Lord would restore her to her place in ministry. She has not understood this to mean that she would be restored to ministry at 3-ABN, a ministry that she, with Danny co-founded. But, she has understood this to mean that she would be restored to ministry, as God felt best. She believes that she is seeing this take place.

7) Remember her in prayer, as there are probably those who will attempt to prevent her from doing ministry.

8) God is in charge, and His purpose will be accomplished.

--------------------
Gregory "

I have posted it here as it may be of interest to you.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 8 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Of course that has NOTHING to do with it! doh.gif This same thing happen with 10 of SkyAngels contracted satelites...10 ...7 were restored on their same frequency, and three had not--HOWEVER 3ABN was given an alternate Satelite frqeuncy so that the 10 Commandments Weekend Program would be aired....Please ask whoever it is to relax and let go of the "conspiracy theory"--it is not Christ-like at all...

QUOTE(Observer @ May 8 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]129745[/snapback]

About two hours ago, Mr. Matthews posted the following in another adventist forum.

"1) I still have people coming to me and telling me that the satellite problems that 3-ABN has had are related to Linda.

Let me say again, Linda is not powerful enough to take 3-ABN off of the satellite. I accept as truth what 3-ABN, and others have said that the problems are problems with the satellite.

2) This week-end the story went out that Linda had married the Doctor. At one point it was published on the Internet. That story is 100% false. Linda has not remarried. She does not have any plans to remarry. She is not planning to marry that Doctor.

3) At the present, Linda is actively engaged in ministry. This last week, she was in Kansas, and she is available for booking in SDA Congregations throughout North America. If you would like to discuss the possibility of her presenting a program in your area, you may contact her at her website. www.lindashelton.org/

4) Linda is also developing in connection with others, a ministry to abused women. As I write this, plans are being made, in connection with an official organization of the SDA Church for Linda to produce a series of television programs on this subject. You will hear more about this as these plans develop.

5) While things seemingly are going well for Linda, I encourage you to remember her in your prayers. In the past public announcements of concerts that had been arranged with Linda has resulted in some attempting to have them cancelled. It is for that reason that I have not be specific in statement # 4.

6) Let me share something quite personal with you-all. At an earlier time in this sad sage, at a time when Linda was quite down on what was happening to her, she felt that the Lord was very close to her, and impressed her with a message. That message was the she had more to endure, but that the time would come when the Lord would restore her to her place in ministry. She has not understood this to mean that she would be restored to ministry at 3-ABN, a ministry that she, with Danny co-founded. But, she has understood this to mean that she would be restored to ministry, as God felt best. She believes that she is seeing this take place.

7) Remember her in prayer, as there are probably those who will attempt to prevent her from doing ministry.

--------------------
Gregory "

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 8 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Observer @ May 8 2006, 07:18 AM) [snapback]129745[/snapback]

--------------------
Gregory "

I've spent hours talking to Linda - what continues to amaze me is her stillness, quietness, patient spirit. She could be saying and doing things to deliberately hurt or bash many who have betrayed and her her(and not just Danny) but she doesn't. She knows this isn't her battle. This is God's battle. She has a confidence and PEACE that can ONLY be a gift of the Spirit of God. I would only hope to be in this kind of christian spirit if I were in her shoes. God is working in her, and He will have His will done concerning her because she has stayed close to him, and is so committed to His will that she is not shaken. People could learn so much by her example if they could see. Their mouths would be shut like the lions mouths were. She has been a blessing to me, her witness of Jesus is nothing short of a miracle.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 9 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 8 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]129788[/snapback]

I've spent hours talking to Linda - what continues to amaze me is her stillness, quietness, patient spirit. She could be saying and doing things to deliberately hurt or bash many who have betrayed and her her(and not just Danny) but she doesn't. She knows this isn't her battle. This is God's battle. She has a confidence and PEACE that can ONLY be a gift of the Spirit of God. I would only hope to be in this kind of christian spirit if I were in her shoes. God is working in her, and He will have His will done concerning her because she has stayed close to him, and is so committed to His will that she is not shaken. People could learn so much by her example if they could see. Their mouths would be shut like the lions mouths were. She has been a blessing to me, her witness of Jesus is nothing short of a miracle.

Yes, indeed. My first contacts with her were within only a few months of the divorce, and even then I was impressed by her attitude of confidence in the Lord and her forgiving spirit to all who had wronged her.

What most don't know is the burden she carried for Nathan during the last 5 or more years of her TV ministry when his drug addiction was so out of control it was endangering his very life. 3ABN watchers only saw a calm, serene Linda, holding her Bible, reading promises, and giving her little comments about them. Who could have guessed that she was reading those and clinging to them as a very literal life-line for herself while the concern for her son and the turmoil of her seemingly complete inability to do anything to help him raged within her, totally hidden from viewers.

Small wonder then, when she heard of a doctor who was having success in working with young people, including those with problems like her son's, that she grasped at the opportunity to get the two of them together.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 9 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(Observer @ May 8 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]129745[/snapback]

--------------------
Gregory "

Shame on those who are bearing false witness if that's what it is. You sound as if you are an official, iei approved spokesperson for Linda. If so, please just state for the record so I can take a closer interest in what you write.

Spokesperson or not I think it is a bit careless make definitive statements as to Linda's marital future. If Linda's turns around and marries the doctor that would not necessarily shed light on the problems she and Danny were having.

Danny divorced Linda and he bears full responsibility if she ends up in an adulterous marriage.
If you want to be the head you have to bear the headaches.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 9 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 9 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]129931[/snapback]

Shame on those who are bearing false witness if that's what it is. You sound as if you are an official, iei approved spokesperson for Linda. If so, please just state for the record so I can take a closer interest in what you write.

Spokesperson or not I think it is a bit careless make definitive statements as to Linda's marital future. If Linda's turns around and marries the doctor that would not necessarily shed light on the problems she and Danny were having.

Danny divorced Linda and he bears full responsibility if she ends up in an adulterous marriage.
If you want to be the head you have to bear the headaches.

The person who made the statement (not Observer who merely copied it to BSDA) is in a sense, somewhat of an "approved spokesperson for Linda" since he is the moderator of the 3ABN forum on CA and checks things out with Linda as to their accuracy before saying them.

But I think the point is that, as Johann stated, both Linda and the doctor have plainly stated that they do not have intentions of marrying each other.

One thing confuses me in your statement above. about Danny bearing full responsibility "if she ends up in an adulterous marriage". Did you mean to say if she had --past tense-- married the doctor before Danny remarried? Since Danny has remarried now, how could Linda, who is still single, "end up" --future tense-- "in an adulterous marriage"?

Thanks in advance for clarifying your thought on this.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 9 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 9 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]129964[/snapback]

One thing confuses me in your statement above. about Danny bearing full responsibility "if she ends up in an adulterous marriage". Did you mean to say if she had --past tense-- married the doctor before Danny remarried? Since Danny has remarried now, how could Linda, who is still single, "end up" --future tense-- "in an adulterous marriage"?

Thanks in advance for clarifying your thought on this.

She is absolutely right according to what Jesus taught but most people overlook this. Divorce is NEVER recognized before the Creator because it is the death of a union. Even though you are divorced you are still married before the Creator. Jesus plainly said that if a man puts his wife away he causes her to commit adultery, unless he had divorced her because she had committed adultery. This passage has been erroneously interpreted to teach that the Creator approves of divorce if adultery occurred. All Christ was doing was clarifying who would be held responsible for the adultery. There is no such thing as acceptable divorce for biblical grounds. In other words, Danny bears responsibility for his adultery and for Linda's, should she remarry.

This post has been edited by statrei: May 9 2006, 11:22 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 9 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(statrei @ May 9 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]129980[/snapback]

. . . There is no such thing as acceptable divorce for biblical grounds. In other words, Danny bears responsibility for his adultery and for Linda's, should she remarry.

Do you believe that if Linda should remarry it would add to Danny's sins?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 10 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE(Johann @ May 10 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]130091[/snapback]

Do you believe that if Linda should remarry it would add to Danny's sins?

I can only expand on what Jesus is reported as saying. Since Danny put Linda away and it was not for marital infidelity her adultery will be his reponsibility. This is as plain as day.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 11 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

this thread was split because of the tangent on forgiveness, which is now a separate thread......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

closed for the moment....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Dec 28 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I guess this one was re-opened without anybody noticing? smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Dec 30 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

I guess, but this divorce has been hashed and rehashed and it is a dead horse, IMHO....

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 30 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Dec 31 2006, 12:01 AM) [snapback]166523[/snapback]

I guess, but this divorce has been hashed and rehashed and it is a dead horse, IMHO....

What do you do if the cadaver has not been removed, and nobody wants to take the responsibility for doing the job?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Dec 30 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Observer @ May 8 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]129745[/snapback]

This is true, as far as I am aware. The real issue is dollars and cents where the satellite provider was concerned. More money to be made with other programmers, not that 3ABN viewership had dropped - just more money elsewhere.

QUOTE(Observer @ May 8 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]129745[/snapback]

Knowing you are careful with your posts I would expect that the bolded part above is just an error of diction - but I wouldn't want you to get yourself into any hot water or have to endure a deluge of email and calls because of it.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:12 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church