Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:46 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
denisebyers
post Apr 26 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 26 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]128054[/snapback]

I visit here before bothering to check CA.

Me too!! There is so much more to read and learn here. Thanks Sister for posting what you have. Its been real interesting........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 26 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

“What do you have in your hand?”...

There are incidents related that become the stuff from which legends and myths are created. One such story is told of a fund raising event that occurred in the Northwest. According to legend it came to pass in the open air, at dusk. That brief magical time between the light of day, where in the brightness of truth can separate itself from falsehood and the dark of night where intrigues are plotted and hatched. Danny was relating the story of Moses. Arriving at the juncture where God questions Moses, “What do you have in your hand?”We all know the answer, clasped in Moses’ hand is his Shepherd’s rod. An account is given of Danny throwing down a stick and unbeknownst to him, a snake slithers out of the grass. As the crowd stands mesmerized, Danny continues on with the story seemingly unaware of what has occurred. And the donations roll in. Upon closer examination, it has been suggested that the real snake in the grass stood on two legs.

So the birth of a new slogan for separating viewers from the contents of their wallets had taken place. But the reality and the intended results comically skewed in different directions. Rather than cold, hard cash all sorts of items were showing up at the compound of 3ABN: boats, RV’s, cars, boxed silverware sets, crocheted pillows lovingly crafted by white-haired ladies, and the list goes on and on... The good viewers took the call literally, to the chagrin of Danny Shelton, and Studio B took on the appearance of a major flea market.

To paraphrase the 19th century Scottish poet Robert Burns, “the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray, creating more problems, than the joy and gain envisioned by the schemers”.

It has been said that “that which is of God prospers, but not everything that prospers is of God”.There is a big yellow house located on the West Frankfort Lake Road. It is the house that Danny built. Not difficult to find, it’s location is an open secret in T’ville, only the employees of 3ABN have been forbidden to divulge it’s location.

Before it’s location was a so closely guarded secret from the viewers, I once heard tell of a man and his wife that were visiting 3ABN from California, a major marketing area for donations. After visiting the studios, turning left onto Highway 50, heading in the direction of West Frankfort, they took the first left onto West Frankfort Lake road. The entire parcel of land on their left was open pasture and a small herd of horses were grazing in the afternoon sunshine. The angle of light hitting some long shafts of dried grass made them appear as if they were straw spun out of pure gold. This field extends from the highway to the next T junction of West Frankfort Lake Road that leads to the driveway of what was the home of Danny and Linda Shelton. That beautifully lite pasture land belongs to 3ABN and the herd of horses grazing there to Danny Shelton.

As the reflection of the afternoon sun brings a faint shimmer of gold to the big yellow house, the man turns off the ignition of his car, both he and his wife stare in wonder. This huge yellow house facing them on the West Frankfort Lake Road is not the home they had envisioned for Danny and Linda Shelton. As they sit there, the wife slowly opens her purse, her hand reaches for her checkbook. She takes out the check that she had forgotten to give to Molly Steenson after their tour of the studio. How fortunate they had made this detour before heading over to the old studio site to visit the location of the new 3ABN Radio station. The following thought passes through her mind as she shreds the check into tiny pieces: if Danny and Linda can live in an estate like this, 3ABN really doesn’t need our donations. Returning to California that was the last check ever logged in that check register with 3ABN as the recipient and across the entry was neatly penned in capital letter one word, VOID.

As a curtain is pulled back, a familiar face peers out from behind the window observing the rain from the big yellow house on West Frankfort Lake Road. A bolt of lighting, so close that the tremendous roar of thunder that accompanies it is separated by only a fraction of a second, sends him recoiling from his observation post. Not enough time is available for Brandy’s children to complete the first number in the childhood countdown for reckoning distance...

The house that Danny built shakes in anticipation with the ever increasing possibility that the next hit could dislodge the actual foundation, its former glory dispersed, scattered by the four winds like a house of cards.

Wipe the sleet clean: remove Danny Shelton, Molly and Hal Steenson, Walt Thompson and the others that have been involved in supporting this corrupt administration. After the dust has settled and the rubble has been removed, what is left: a world-wide ministry with programming intended to reach people thirsting for the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To be continued...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

A progression that I found interesting is that of the "God Complex." In 1990, I remember a week of prayer at 3ABN that was done by Hal and Mollie Steenson. They told us employees that God had given us to Danny as gifts all wrapped up, and that when those gifts were opened, Danny would reveal to us who we were, what we were, and what we were to become.

Some years later, Mollie came to 3ABN and took the position of Danny's personal secretary. She immediately started telling Danny and everyone else that God speaks to Danny, and speaks to us through Danny. Then E.T. Everett arrived and took it a step further. She led Danny to believe that whatever thoughts and impressions he had regarding anything were the voice of God. Soon Danny was looking at people and telling them that the Lord was revealing this or that about them. He was being shown things in dreams or visions. If you disagreed with him, you were disagreeing with God himself because he was the voice of God.

I will never forget the man in Denver, CO at a church I was speaking in. After the service, he told me that I was so fortunate to be working with God's final prophet for the end times. He said that E.G. White was the prophet for her day, but Danny was a much greater prophet.

Danny seems to have surrounded himself with people who enforce that in him, and it has come to the point where Even a board member who works at 3ABN said, when someone disagreed with Danny, "To us, Danny is God."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 26 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]128116[/snapback]

A progression that I found interesting is that of the "God Complex." In 1990, I remember a week of prayer at 3ABN that was done by Hal and Mollie Steenson. They told us employees that God had given us to Danny as gifts all wrapped up, and that when those gifts were opened, Danny would reveal to us who we were, what we were, and what we were to become.

Some years later, Mollie came to 3ABN and took the position of Danny's personal secretary. She immediately started telling Danny and everyone else that God speaks to Danny, and speaks to us through Danny. Then E.T. Everett arrived and took it a step further. She led Danny to believe that whatever thoughts and impressions he had regarding anything were the voice of God. Soon Danny was looking at people and telling them that the Lord was revealing this or that about them. He was being shown things in dreams or visions. If you disagreed with him, you were disagreeing with God himself because he was the voice of God.

I will never forget the man in Denver, CO at a church I was speaking in. After the service, he told me that I was so fortunate to be working with God's final prophet for the end times. He said that E.G. White was the prophet for her day, but Danny was a much greater prophet.

Danny seems to have surrounded himself with people who enforce that in him, and it has come to the point where Even a board member who works at 3ABN said, when someone disagreed with Danny, "To us, Danny is God."

Okay now that is just sick.... and what's worse is that people who should know better are sucking it up without questioning it.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 26 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]128116[/snapback]

Please say you are just joking. It can't be this bad....

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 26 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Unfortunately it really is that bad ... no.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 26 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Apr 26 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]128120[/snapback]

Unfortunately it really is that bad ... no.gif

that's what happens when we isolate ourselves from others.... our adventist colonies can produce some interesting mutations....

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

What's worse is that people who question it are demonized and ostrasized even by church leadership. they are told that Danny is doing the work of the Lord by spreading the message about the Sabbath, the state of the dead, diet, and end-time events, and that those who oppose his unethical and wrong behaviour are jeopordizing the Lord's work on Earth. THAT, Clay, is what I find to be the most appalling thing about this entire mess.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 26 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]128122[/snapback]

What's worse is that people who question it are demonized and ostrasized even by church leadership. they are told that Danny is doing the work of the Lord by spreading the message about the Sabbath, the state of the dead, diet, and end-time events, and that those who oppose his unethical and wrong behaviour are jeopordizing the Lord's work on Earth. THAT, Clay, is what I find to be the most appalling thing about this entire mess.

yes I would agree that indeed is appalling....the end cannot justify the means....

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Foul behaviour seems to be either justifiable, or deniable as long a s the perpetrator is saying the right things in furtherance of the true pillars of our faith, and is capable of being a platform from which other church leaders can say their piece.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 26 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]128126[/snapback]

Foul behaviour seems to be either justifiable, or deniable as long a s the perpetrator is saying the right things in furtherance of the true pillars of our faith, and is capable of being a platform from which other church leaders can say their piece.

are you suggesting that the NAD firmly supports 3ABN?

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 26 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Have mercy!!!!! No wonder the "spiritual adultery' was alright with them! That is just plain scary.
QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]128116[/snapback]

Goand add GC in there.......
QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 26 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]128128[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 26 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]128128[/snapback]

I can't say that the NAD does, or doesn't firmly support 3ABN, but I can say that there are a number of influential leaders from the local conference level on up to the GC who firmly support Danny Shelton. As one of them once told me, there is a vastly wealthy man who unquestioningly supports Danny, and no church entity with any monetary sense will jeopordize funding from this man by questioning Danny's integrity.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 26 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]128132[/snapback]

I can't say that the NAD does, or doesn't firmly support 3ABN, but I can say that there are a number of influential leaders from the local conference level on up to the GC who firmly support Danny Shelton. As one of them once told me, there is a vastly wealthy man who unquestioningly supports Danny, and no church entity with any monetary sense will jeopordize funding from this man by questioning Danny's integrity.

yep.. like I say.... follow the money, and its clear this .org needs to be dismantled and reformed from scratch.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 26 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Now that's what I was asking.........
QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]128132[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church