Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

It would be unfair of me not to add that those church entities and personalities that are shown, or featured on 3ABN are not about to do anything that will put their programs in danger of being pulled. Danny has demonstrated very firmly that he will pull the programs of those who question him in any way. Dan Matthews, Barbara Kerr, Loma Linda, just to name a few.

There are also other considerations, such as the fact that the Illinois conference President is on the 3ABN board, and both of his parents work for Danny.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 26 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Oh my!! I sees whole lot of folks are going to be crispy! giggle.gif I hope this all gets sorted out soon, 3ABN can be a and is a powerful tool for speading the Gospel.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]128135[/snapback]

It would be unfair of me not to add that those church entities and personalities that are shown, or featured on 3ABN are not about to do anything that will put their programs in danger of being pulled. Danny has demonstrated very firmly that he will pull the programs of those who question him in any way. Dan Matthews, Barbara Kerr, Loma Linda, just to name a few.

There are also other considerations, such as the fact that the Illinois conference President is on the 3ABN board, and both of his parents work for Danny.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Apr 26 2006, 08:42 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 26 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]128135[/snapback]

It would be unfair of me not to add that those church entities and personalities that are shown, or featured on 3ABN are not about to do anything that will put their programs in danger of being pulled. Danny has demonstrated very firmly that he will pull the programs of those who question him in any way. Dan Matthews, Barbara Kerr, Loma Linda, just to name a few

That is something else.....I always like Ty Gibson and Rafferty(hope spelled name right) them too?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

I don't know about Ty and James. I have always liked them, and in person they are both very humble guys. I haven't communicated with either of them since I left 3ABN, except for a brief email with James. Their organization is not part of the church structure, so I doubt their influence means anything much one way or the other.

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 26 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]128139[/snapback]

I don't know about Ty and James. I have always liked them, and in person they are both very humble guys. I haven't communicated with either of them since I left 3ABN, except for a brief email with James. Their organization is not part of the church structure, so I doubt their influence means anything much one way or the other.

Yes, I find(see) them very humble on TV. I always enjoyed on what they spoke on.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 26 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 26 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]128128[/snapback]

are you suggesting that the NAD firmly supports 3ABN?

It's a little more complicated than that. There is "behind the scenes" political arm twisting.

At the Toronto General Conference session, it was voted to make Don Schneider the president of the North American Division (NAD) of the Adventist Church. I believe this may have been done with help from Danny Shelton and others, who were apparently allowed to vote as "at-large" delegates, even though their respective conferences never invited them to do so. I think the "at large" delegates wanted "their man" in office.

The Adventist Today story says:

"The GC [General Conference] officers used the provision in the GC bylaws permitting additional at-large delegates to be appointed by the GC committee to invite Danny Shelton, president of 3ABN, and others to come to the GC session as delegates even though they were not selected as delegates by the union conference where they reside. "

"...it appears that the votes were there to give Schneider a majority...."

"3ABN also wanted dominance of local church programming and broadcasting around North America. AT’s sources suspect that pressure to block Follett’s re-election came from issues of this kind. Two of them described Paulsen’s [church world president] agony over not wanting to be influenced by major donors but that he was feeling great pressure. "

"Four individuals confirm with AT's source that Phil Follett, the general Vice President of the GC who provided administrative oversight for communications and broadcasting, was not re-elected because ASI and 3ABN leaders pressured Paulsen to make a change. "

Although I was not in Toronto, and was not a witness to all of this, I have always suspected that Don Schneider serves - to a degree - at the pleasure of "Danny Shelton and others" as mentioned in this story.

Now, I ask you, if you were the NAD president, how could you turn against the "delegates" who voted to put you into office in the first place, if that is what happened?

So, it would be reasonable to guess that the NAD supports Danny Shelton.

The article is entitled: Nomination of NAD President Appears "Less than Clean"

http://atoday.com/magazine/archive/2000/ju...s/nadpres.shtml

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 26 2006, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 26 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 26 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]128121[/snapback]

that's what happens when we isolate ourselves from others.... our adventist colonies can produce some interesting mutations....

I thought there were laws against in-breeding...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 26 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 26 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]128144[/snapback]

I thought there were laws against in-breeding...

In His service,
Mr. J

Come to our little compound in Thompsonville and you will see the real results of inbreeding.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Apr 26 2006, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 27 2006, 04:26 AM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Regarding the comments that Danny began to feel the Lord was speaking to him. How responsible would we hold a person who had been deluded by minds much stronger than his? How could this all be sorted out so that the programming wouldn't suffer? Would it just take the sacrifice of Danny, stepping up with an apology and stepping down from the station? Are there other things that need to be changed? These and other questions are rolling around in mind, including, if anything IS done will it be in time?

priscilla

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 27 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 27 2006, 05:26 AM) [snapback]128156[/snapback]

Regarding the comments that Danny began to feel the Lord was speaking to him. How responsible would we hold a person who had been deluded by minds much stronger than his? How could this all be sorted out so that the programming wouldn't suffer? Would it just take the sacrifice of Danny, stepping up with an apology and stepping down from the station? Are there other things that need to be changed? These and other questions are rolling around in mind, including, if anything IS done will it be in time?

priscilla

I guess that this is to speak my mind. This comes from someone who was a genuine advocate for anything once shown on 3ABN. But now, with the whole world knowing the fact that Danny has committed adultry, and since if you break one commandment you have broken them all, why in the world do good, honest, workers for God (my favorite is Lyle Albrecht) appear on the network where the President of said network has disregarded the call of God to obey,---do these good honest evangelists not pay for airtime to broadcast the message? There is other Adventist Networks now for them to utilize. It almost comes to the story told that if you have one rotten apple in a bushel of good apples, the whole barrel soon stinks.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 27 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

priscilla

On what basis can you make the assumption that he has been deluded by 'minds stronger than his'? because he plays the yokel when it suits him to play up his educational deficiencies?

Please tell me you're smarter than that...

If you believe this, did you also believe the Bush was more "common folk" than John Kerry even though they both attended the same identical schools and had remarkably similar affluent upbringings? The whole Ma and Pa Kettle act is something he's been doing for a long time... and yes, he's good at it; good enough that it convinces thousands to send him their hard earned money.

The issue is not Danny's standing at 3ABN; it's his standing in the church... and ultimately before God... and it's the fact that despite one's being able to make a significantly stronger case for his having committed adultery, no one, either on the 3ABN board or in the .org's hierarchy is willing to admit or even investigate it. When he went to Guam to get a quickie divorce, *somebody* in church employ should have said *something*. But the more that is divulged, the more it appears that he is surrounded by flatterers and sycophants... latter day Lots riding the coattails of their self-designated Abraham hoping to catch the overflow of 'blessing' because it's easier than seeking God for themselves... and like Lot they thought to pitch their tents toward Sodom... but now find themselves sitting in the gate and even if God Himself appeared to tell them it's time to go their inclination is to resist...

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 26 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]128145[/snapback]

Come to our little compound in Thompsonville and you will see the real results of inbreeding.

No thanks; I'll pass... as my great grandmother used to say... when you sup with the devil use a long handled spoon...

I can see Sodom just fine from the plain at Mamre...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 27 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

priscilla

Well Priscilla we know that just because a person says God is speaking to them doesn't make it so.... secondly, IF that person really believed that, then they would not see that they were deluded....Mr. Shelton will never step down because.... power corrupts....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 27 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 27 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]128176[/snapback]

Well Priscilla we know that just because a person says God is speaking to them doesn't make it so.... secondly, IF that person really believed that, then they would not see that they were deluded....Mr. Shelton will never step down because.... power corrupts....

...the unconverted heart....which some people have. yes.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 27 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

The question came up about the other folks seen on 3ABN. Whatever their reasons, I am sure that at least some of them have chosen to keep their programs going on that network in spite of Danny, because they truelly want to reach the potential audience that 3ABN covers. Others have chosen to confront the ethical quagmire they see building around Danny, and they have been removed.

When it comes to them going on other Adventist media, 3ABN has a much bigger reach than all of the other Adventist media outlets put together (at this point). They may cover the globe by satellite, but without terrestrial coverage, they just shouting into an empty room. Through cable, and terrestrial broadcast 3ABN has substantial coverage.

That having been said, Hope Channel is growing at an unbelievable rate. In just three years they have far surpassed what took 3ABN twelve years to accomplish. Their growth in terrestrial coverage is largely outside the USA, but I strongly encourage you to recommend to your church that they participate in helping HopeTV get on cable locally. I also recommend that if there is a local Christian broadcast station, especially if run by Adventists, that they be encouraged to start carrying Hope Channel at least part time. If you are thinking about where you should put your donations toward the dissemination of Adventist TV programs, consider Hope Channel. This is something very positive that we can do.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 27 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 27 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]128190[/snapback]

...the unconverted heart....which some people have. yes.gif

that qualifier does nothing but muddy the water... a person can be "coverted" be exposed to power, make a few missteps, be corrupted by it.... are we saying then that the person was never converted? I wouldn't say that...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church