Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9767&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 6 (more of the televangelist)
NormF
post May 22 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,691

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 22 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]131699[/snapback]
... in defense of someone, I fought dirty and considered it justified. Although I resolve daily to uphold my own integrity, I sometimes slip and fall. I think there is a balance in saying what must be said, and taking care in how we say it.

I think this quote's been posted a time or two before, but in case some have missed it, it bears repeating here:
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche
That may not come direct from the pages of the Good Book, but it's every bit as true as if it had. Calvin and Clay were and are are right on target with their recent efforts and current guidelines No one is saying "don't post; don't talk about these things." But we must also remember that the abyss is also gazing into us and not allow that baleful stare to transform us into monsters, too. I believe this is just what beartrap is trying to do and how he is trying to do it, and I think he should be saluted for his efforts.

May God bless beartrap's courage and honesty, and keep all of us on the side of truth and right.

Regards,
Norm

This post has been edited by NormF: May 22 2006, 11:09 AM

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 22 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #152

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Observer @ May 22 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]131764[/snapback]

Lurker said: "They may not know, but they could have known."

When the time comes when all is revealed, and out in the open, it will be a time for the people who have guided the actions of 3ABN to resisgn from their posistions. You are correct, there are those who could have known, but have failed to discover the truth.

Until that time comes, it is premature to call for their resignation.

This is a time to wait for the leading of the Lord, and I believe that I see that happening.

Sometimes we should be careful that we do not rush ahead of God's leading.

come on now... there have been folks for the 20 years 3ABN has been around noticing that things were not right and thinking that something should be done, and now as this thing approaches critical mass the suggestion is that people not rush ahead of God's leading? I think they have been dragging their feet... btjm...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 22 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #153

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

On a minor point, I happen to think that people have just recently, beginning with the IL tax case, began to understand that some things are not right.

But, I like your "critical mass" analogy. Perhaps that is where God is going. If that is true, God will bring 3ABN to the point of self-destruction, and it will be time to call for the resignation of those who have guided 3ABN on this path of self-destruction.

The satelite problems that have taken 3ABN off of Sky Angel may simply be a warning message. Is not that what the SDA Church believes God does--send a warning message just prior to a final destruction?

I think that I see God involved.

I am willing to wait to see the direction that God is leading.

Yes, there is a time and a place to publish what is known. In that time there are always those who cry that not enought is published, as well as those who claim that to little is published.

This is simply a time for thoughful prayer that God will lead, and we will follow.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 22 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #154

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

This is exactly what I am talking about. Too many people are being led blindly into what may end up be a horrific mess. I ami not so much about "supporting or defending Linda, in that my interests lie in the unethical and ungodly deeds of 3ABN, which include offenses to Linda.

The problem is that not only do survivors (as a group) need healing from past abuse, a situation exists at 3ABN that needs reformation. When I do searches on the internet of Adventist or Seventh-day Adventist etc., 3ABN appears. 3ABN is not controlled by the Seventh-day Adventist Church but 3ABN presumes to speak for the Seventh-day Adventist church. And the Seventh-day Adventist church does not protest this presumption. If I as a member bask in the good PR given the SDA church because of 3ABN now, I must be prepared to bear shame if a public scandal later drags down the good name of my church. How much more disgrace will descend upon those men have whose names are closely linked 3ABN or who out of self interest neglected their duty when they could have done something. They will be ruined. They may not know, but they could have known

This post has been edited by princessdi: May 22 2006, 01:10 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 22 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #155

Guests

QUOTE(Observer @ May 22 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]131778[/snapback]

I think that I see God involved.

I am willing to wait to see the direction that God is leading.

There is nothing going on in the world in which He is not involved. This is His world and He is not an absentee landlord.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 22 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #156

Guests

Obviously what is happening is of satanic origin and is being promoted by Satan's servant Danny Shelton. If it is this evil, then it must be stopped. We cannot let Satan have free reign over something that is done in the name of our Lord.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 22 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #157

Guests

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 22 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]131811[/snapback]

Obviously what is happening is of satanic origin and is being promoted by Satan's servant Danny Shelton.

On what authority to you make this accusation against Danny? Did you see Satan's books to know who is in his employ? Why do we always have to overstate our case and lose all credibility?

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 22 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #158

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 22 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]131811[/snapback]

Obviously what is happening is of satanic origin and is being promoted by Satan's servant Danny Shelton. If it is this evil, then it must be stopped. We cannot let Satan have free reign over something that is done in the name of our Lord.

scratchchin.gif Your point is well taken. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 22 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Sometimes the most effective actions come unanticipated from the shadows. They are not colourful, can't really be seen, and most people are unaware of what happened or that anything happened at all. At other times those actions need to be coupled with a few flamboyant scenes in order to achieve maximum effectiveness. In either case, it is foolishness to lay all the cards on the table.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 22 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #160

Guests

QUOTE(statrei @ May 22 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]131813[/snapback]

On what authority to you make this accusation against Danny? Did you see Satan's books to know who is in his employ? Why do we always have to overstate our case and lose all credibility?

The conglomeration of the situation with which we are dealing is most certainly not of God. If what has been said by those who know (and not just those who claim to know) is true, then we have a satanic agency at work at 3ABN. That is the bottom line, pure and simple.

If you would prefer to dance all over it and pretend not to know who is behind the constant evil clouds described by Sister, Johann, Fran, and others, then so be it. If we want to do this right we must call it like it is. Evil like this does not come from God - it comes from Satan. Cooperating with this type of evil does not come from God - it comes from Satan.

I do not need to see the books of Satan to know that we are dealing with supernatural evil here based on the statements of our brothers and sisters. If you want to pretend that it's God doing this, then go ahead. But that is ignorant. Until we understand where all this comes from, everything we do is irrelevant.

The place to stop a poisoned stream is not at the faucet - it's at the source. Evil is as evil does.

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 22 2006, 03:22 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 6 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #161

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 22 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]131818[/snapback]

Sometimes the most effective actions come unanticipated from the shadows. They are not colourful, can't really be seen, and most people are unaware of what happened or that anything happened at all. At other times those actions need to be coupled with a few flamboyant scenes in order to achieve maximum effectiveness. In either case, it is foolishness to lay all the cards on the table.

And never forget, even in this situation, unanticipated things are happening in the shadows still, Bear, then suddenly the big thing happens, and you can rest assured, it will happen, when the time is right. Never give up hope. no.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 7 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #162

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 6 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]137951[/snapback]

And never forget, even in this situation, unanticipated things are happening in the shadows still, Bear, then suddenly the big thing happens, and you can rest assured, it will happen, when the time is right. Never give up hope. no.gif

is that your hope or your prediction?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 9 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #163

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

scratchchin.gif Guess we'll see.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 10 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #164

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 7 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]138050[/snapback]

is that your hope or your prediction?

both

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Joy N
post Dec 20 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #165

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,699

QUOTE(sister @ May 15 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]130794[/snapback]

“The Televangelist”, Part 5...An ironic twist to the tale of Pete

Susan, proprietor of the T’ville “health food” store, like a knight upon a very dusty stead, wearing rusty armor, with a small chorus of mice singing in the corner, raised her voice in defense of Pete and his tribe. Standing upon her soap box, she decries the wickedness of Danny: poor Pete had been fired from his job, the reasons remaining obscured in a dense cloud of secret dealings. Not only had Danny tarnished this fine man’s reputation; but in addition, there were rumors of possible prosecution and imprisonment. What would his resourceless wife do if left alone to raise their children? How would she sustain herself and their little ones? Winter was coming and they would surely freeze to death with no money for heat and no food for their table. Like the narrator of a soap opera, Susan continues to recount a finely detailed list of the dooms this family had to expect in the near future...

Excuse me while I pause for an ironic laugh. Perhaps you are shaking your head, too? Isn’t this the same Pete who paid himself a double salary, ran many of his personal bills through the company account and bought his house with ministry money? And if that wasn’t enough, received a “hush payment” of a van. Of course Pete lost access to the “goose that laid the golden eggs”, but destitute? That is a leap of imagination that would shame the cow that jumped over the moon. But that was fine with Danny, as long as the “thief” was gone from his midst, Susan could say anything she wanted, it was just a local rumor and she had about as much credibility as a three dollar bill. Now Danny could continue milking the ministry funds, without fear of being found with his hand in the cookie jar, through the financial transparency that prosecuting Pete would bring.

But now back to Susan. At this point she steps down from her soap box and starts collecting donations from other 3ABN workers to help this “poor family” through the crisis they were experiencing...both food items (purchased from her store) and cash donations. Most of the people donating to this cause could barely keep food on their own table and there was never enough money to pay all the bills delivered each month.

As long as we are here, let’s take a peek around Susan’s store. The first thing you notice as you walk in are the dirty fingerprints on the glass door and that the front windows need washing. The carpeting on the floor is stained and dirty, the dusty shelves are loosely stacked with canned vegetarian food items and in the freezer are Rice Dream bars and a few assorted other items. There are bulk products that have been packaged on the premises, you definitely want to avoid these, and there are strange odors that no one who shops there wants to identify. As long as your purchases are restricted to prepackaged or frozen items, you are probably safe. Susan also bakes bread on site and makes and sells vegetarian lunches. Did I mention the insects and the mice droppings? Well, at least she was willing to run a tab for you until you received your pay check from 3ABN.

Before exiting Susan’s store there is one more item to take note of, in addition to selling food, it is also the largest hotbed in the area of rumors, innuendo, speculation and just plain gossip about the on goings at 3ABN. Hushed voices pause and two pairs of eyes dart toward the door as the sound of it opening immediately stop a clandestine conversation. In a brief instant, it is ascertained whether the customer walking in is friend or foe. If the subject is especially delicate, you are ushered in to the cooking area in the back, free from prying eyes and eavesdropping. And the biggest gossip of all, the Thompsonville Church clerk, was also an administrative assistant at 3ABN. Though I must admit Susan gave Dee quite a run for the money.

This is Thompsonville. This is the life of the workers. Some live well: Pete, Moses, Mollie and Hal, ET and Dave, Pastor John and C.A. And at the top of the heap, Danny and his spouse. The majority merely hope to survive until the next pay check arrives...

Stay tuned for Part 6 of “The Televangelist”...

V seta

Well I must say Linda... If you never again grace a TV studio ministry set.... Not to worry! You are a terrific FICTION writer... I mean you keep people on the edge of their seats. This kind of Hollywood FICTION will certainly fill the theatre boxoffice... The only problelm is... it has no place in Christainity. To cast so many inuendoes and accusations that are not true... is bad. Why would you do such a thing? BY the way... I have been at 3ABN for many years... I know what I am talking about. Danny's leadership is not perfect.. I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that he has never stolen a penny from 3ABN. Other inuendoes you have made like prostitutes.... Rediculous!
If that were so... Why did you stay with him all those years... The money and perks perhaps??

YOu referred to his new wife as enjoying the perks.... What about you... You enjoyed them for 20 years... let's tell the "rest of the story" How many thousands of dollars were spent on your "Musical Video's" ???

Joy
Edited to better distinguish Joy's response to Sister post.

This post has been edited by calvin: Dec 20 2006, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church