Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9767&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 6 (more of the televangelist)
beartrap
post May 15 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

Yeah, Sister walked into that one. I couldn’t resist the jab.

ohmy.gif rofl1.gif Calvin, you're bad!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 15 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(calvin @ May 15 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]130813[/snapback]

NOT ANYMORE. BlackSDA is now the largest hotbed in the area of rumors, innuendo, speculation and just plain gossip about the on goings at 3ABN. yes.gif

If only you were right Calvin......

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
sister
post May 15 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(calvin @ May 15 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]130822[/snapback]

Yeah, Sister walked into that one. I couldn’t resist the jab. boxing.gif

In case you CAers hadn’t noticed. We don’t take ourselves too seriously here. You got to expect to be the butt of a few jokes every once in awhile.

pepsi.gif snack.gif

PrincessDrRe, pass me some fried meaty bits. I'll take the veggie wham.

This post has been edited by sister: May 15 2006, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 15 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sister @ May 15 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]130839[/snapback]

pepsi.gif snack.gif

PrincessDrRe, pass me some fried meaty bits. I'll take the veggie wham.

way to take it in stride sister..... we like to mess with ya here too... yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 16 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ May 15 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]130844[/snapback]

way to take it in stride sister..... we like to mess with ya here too... yes.gif

Nobody can do "family" like us.

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 16 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(statrei @ May 16 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]130887[/snapback]

Nobody can do "family" like us.

nothin like family and here is one

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 16 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Johann @ May 16 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]130977[/snapback]

nothin like family and here is one

Johann, if you are on line now, do you have anything new that you can tell to us? Just wondering?

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 16 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(summertime @ May 16 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]130980[/snapback]

Johann, if you are on line now, do you have anything new that you can tell to us? Just wondering?

You just have to wait, but keep the line aglow.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post May 16 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

We will interrupt “The Televangelist” and return to a previous post, that has now become “present truth”...

To summarize “A Teaser or Previews of Coming Attractions...”, we began with the scorecard, upon which only four of the five starting lineup were listed:

1. Danny Lee Shelton, still remains #1
Information from a reliable source suggests pressure has been placed upon Danny to “publically” stand down, but that doesn’t mean that he will let loose of the strings that control his ministry. Why give away the “goose that lays the golden eggs”. It is so easy to fool the donors...

2. Mollie Sue Steenson
She remains Danny’s right hand and his “oracle of truth”. Mollie/Truth? That has the distinct scent of an oxymoron. She has already demonstrated her loyalty as Danny’s “muscle”: intimidation and lies are the staple of this enforcer and she will continue to hold her boss’ line.

3. Hal Steenson
Hal, a charismatic preacher, skillfully maneuvering the donors into turning cartwheels as he charms them with his “good old boy” southern humor and homespun wisdom. Like a master magician, Hal’s verbal sight of hand is so persuasive that you could almost believe him...fortunately, we’ve revealed what lies behind the smoke and mirrors.

4. Dr. Walt Thompson
3ABN Defender, twisting the truth, as long as it is for the “good of the ministry” and if twisting does not suffice, than spreading Danny’s falsehoods, “to save the ministry” is no longer a breach of his conscience.

5. To be announced...

As every basketball afficionado knows, there are always five players in the starting lineup. So who will now show up on center court?

Looking toward the sidelines we see a middle-aged woman, her short blond hair bouncing in unison with her feet as she bounds onto the floor, smile flashing at the crowd, she takes her place standing to the left of Danny. Mollie gives her a knowing look, a reminder that Mollie retains her position on Danny’s right.

Who is this woman who sits upon Danny’s knee? And why was she chosen to be Charlie McCarthy to Danny’s Edger Bergen. For those of you below the age of seventy, which includes me, this last sentence might require an explanation: Edger Bergen was a very famous ventriloquist and Charlie McCarthy was the wooden dummy that sat upon his knee.

An envelope is passed to my hands, the contents of which are a well guarded secret. Will the next public face of 3ABN please stand up. Shelly Quinn, with a blush on her cheeks and a smile on her lips, leaps up and runs to the podium to accept her reward. She starts to speak, but I hear a familiar voice and ideas emanating from her lips. Is this nothing more than another ruse? As the world looks at the undefiled image of Shelly Quinn before them, in reality it is actually Danny Shelton, sitting on a chair with a wooden dummy on his lap, whose lips he manipulates as he remains in control of the empire that he has built.

Has Shelly Quinn bought into the lordship of Danny Shelton? Or was the on air fame and financial remuneration from the royalties with the publication of over five million copies of The Ten Commandments, Twice Removed enough of an incentive? We listen in as she writes her speech defending the ministry from the “attacks of Satan” that it has recently received, and how Danny has graciously stepped down to save the ministry he loves from the falsehoods that have been hurled upon him by pathological liars. Or on closer inspection is this only an artfully executed illusion, attempting to deceive the donors, in order that the rivers of money will again stream into the coffers of Danny Shelton/3ABN?

Returning to the bench, the 3ABN team discuss their strategy with the Coach, Danny’s “secret” benefactor. The stakes are high and as the opposing team is introduced, Danny eyes them with obvious contempt. Who is this rag tag team of amateurs, who dare to act in opposition to “god’s chosen and anointed man”? Danny rubs his eyes, there appears to be a mist that shrouds their identities. One of the players is almost completely obscured to him, all he can “see” is what appears to be the figure of a woman. Her back is turned to him, but her words demonstrate a degree of knowledge that makes him eager to know her true identity. Then he could set about destroying her reputation though the spreading of falsehoods and discredit her utterances that have revealed too much of the private conduct that he has keep hidden from public view for so long.

This has been a glimpse into the present and plans for the near future at 3ABN, watch and wait as the story unfolds further before your eyes...

This post has been edited by sister: May 16 2006, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 16 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

For anyone with firsthand knowledge...in your estimation, would you say that leadership at 3ABN is deceived -- thinking they are somehow on a higher plain than the rest of us etc...and do they believe they are doing God's work, or do they know full well what they are doing and don't care?

Also, I'd like to chime in with gracetoyou and say that if some of the things mentioned here are so, there are some little girls in possible danger and shouldn't something be done quite quickly?

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 16 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

that's a shame about shelley quinn.. she is such a nice person.. what better person though. Someone who is still "innocent" to take the place on the throne until thinks blow over.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 16 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 16 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]131054[/snapback]

For anyone with firsthand knowledge...in your estimation, would you say that leadership at 3ABN is deceived -- thinking they are somehow on a higher plain than the rest of us etc...and do they believe they are doing God's work, or do they know full well what they are doing and don't care?

While I can't lay claim to first hand "knowledge", from my "bird's eye view" and knowledge of human nature, I would say that the answer is "yes". One or another or a mixture of all possibilities you have mentioned. Different combinations in different persons. It is hard to see how anyone could be on site and not be aware of at least some of the unsavory things that are going on. But there is no deception quite so serious as self-deception. And each time one turns a blind eye to something wrong, the cataracts on the eyes of the soul grow a little denser, until finally one can live in the midst of evil and even partake of it and yet see nothing wrong.

Also, I'd like to chime in with gracetoyou and say that if some of the things mentioned here are so, there are some little girls in possible danger and shouldn't something be done quite quickly?

Maybe there already has been something done. Warnings. Special watchcare. Maybe even moving them out of harms way. Reminds me. Two distant cousins of mine. Never slept in their own room at night. They'd take their pillows and blankets, climb out the window, and make a little nest for the night in the haymow out in the barn. They moved away and lived with an aunt when they were about 14 or so. It's not a problem exclusive to this generation, you know. Hard to comprehend though. Pure love between father and daughter is such a precious thing to those of us who have known it. Makes one's heart ache for those who have known something else.

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 17 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 16 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]131059[/snapback]

Maybe there already has been something done. Warnings. Special watchcare. Maybe even moving them out of harms way.

I sure hope so, watchbird. sad.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 17 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 17 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]131119[/snapback]

This post has been edited by summertime: May 17 2006, 01:13 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 17 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 17 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]131119[/snapback]

Are we saying that in T'ville little girls could be treated with less respect than is due to little girls? Heaven help us. "I say unto you, the things that ye do unto these little ones (the least of these), ye have done it unto Me."

This post has been edited by summertime: May 17 2006, 01:17 PM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church