Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9767&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:06 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 6 (more of the televangelist)
Chez
post May 17 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 16 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]131054[/snapback]

For anyone with firsthand knowledge...in your estimation, would you say that leadership at 3ABN is deceived -- thinking they are somehow on a higher plain than the rest of us etc...and do they believe they are doing God's work, or do they know full well what they are doing and don't care?

Also, I'd like to chime in with gracetoyou and say that if some of the things mentioned here are so, there are some little girls in possible danger and shouldn't something be done quite quickly?

I am very concerned. I've begun praying for these vulnerable ones. I pray that God will put a hedge of protection around them physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(summertime @ May 17 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]131124[/snapback]

Are we saying that in T'ville little girls could be treated with less respect than is due to little girls? Heaven help us. "I say unto you, the things that ye do unto these little ones (the least of these), ye have done it unto Me."

....and I will finish that off with "better to have an anvil tied around your neck and ye be dropped into the bottom of the sea" (my little picturesque paraphrase). boxing.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

The older of the two little girls, she is twelve, has moved to Florida to live with her father. The other, six years old, still lives here in T'ville.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]131142[/snapback]

The older of the two little girls, she is twelve, has moved to Florida to live with her father. The other, six years old, still lives here in T'ville.

one safely out, one to go spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 16 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]131054[/snapback]

For anyone with firsthand knowledge...in your estimation, would you say that leadership at 3ABN is deceived -- thinking they are somehow on a higher plain than the rest of us etc...and do they believe they are doing God's work, or do they know full well what they are doing and don't care?

There isn't an "or," it is an "and."

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 17 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(summertime @ May 17 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]131124[/snapback]

Are we saying that in T'ville little girls could be treated with less respect than is due to little girls? Heaven help us. "I say unto you, the things that ye do unto these little ones (the least of these), ye have done it unto Me."

Don't forget those boys too. They are in danger just as much as the girls. In fact, the brothers travel together, therefore boys and girls are in danger everywhere they travel or live. What better place to find new "Playgrounds" but in new churches. Beware of repeat visits to the same playground like they do in Florida, Texas, California and Oregon...

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ May 17 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]131145[/snapback]

Don't forget those boys too. They are in danger just as much as the girls. In fact, the brothers travel together, therefore boys and girls are in danger everywhere they travel or live. What better place to find new "Playgrounds" but in new churches. Beware of repeat visits to the same playground like they do in Florida, Texas, California and Oregon...

WHERE in Oregon?

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

If you will recall the letter that Dr. thompson wrote regarding Linda, now John Lomacang is writing one. This is being done, presumably, because he has the authority of being the pastor of the church, rather than just another 3ABN employee. This letter is supposed to have the weght of the Seventh-day Adventist Church behind it.

Does he not know that we are aware that Danny pays half of his salary, and the rest is payed by a conference where the president's parents both work for Danny at 3ABN? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he lives in a several hundred thousand dollar house (next door to Danny) provided to him by 3ABN? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he has music CDs to sell on 3ABN, and that this is the largest free advertisement he has ever had? Doesn't he know that we are aware that his entire career is in Danny's hands? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he knows that Danny will destroy him if he doesn't play along, just like Danny has destroyed everyone else who hasn't played along? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he has daily programs on 3ABN, and that it was his stated dream that he would be on world-wide television, and Danny controls his future in this? Doesn't he know that in light of all of these facts, he has no credibility whatsoever in the matter of his attempts to destroy any of Danny's targets? Poor John!

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 17 2006, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]131147[/snapback]

If you will recall the letter that Dr. thompson wrote regarding Linda, now John Lomacang is writing one. This is being done, presumably, because he has the authority of being the pastor of the church, rather than just another 3ABN employee. This letter is supposed to have the weght of the Seventh-day Adventist Church behind it.

Does he not know that we are aware that Danny pays half of his salary, and the rest is payed by a conference where the president's parents both work for Danny at 3ABN? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he lives in a several hundred thousand dollar house (next door to Danny) provided to him by 3ABN? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he has music CDs to sell on 3ABN, and that this is the largest free advertisement he has ever had? Doesn't he know that we are aware that his entire career is in Danny's hands? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he knows that Danny will destroy him if he doesn't play along, just like Danny has destroyed everyone else who hasn't played along? Doesn't he know that we are aware that he has daily programs on 3ABN, and that it was his stated dream that he would be on world-wide television, and Danny controls his future in this? Doesn't he know that in light of all of these facts, he has no credibility whatsoever in the matter of his attempts to destroy any of Danny's targets? Poor John!

The bigger question is this, how can he be so aware and yet SO SURE his letter will make a difference ANYWAY? After all, he has learned by example, hasn't he. Shame on him. yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 17 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]131146[/snapback]

WHERE in Oregon?

Wherever the Shelton brothers travel in Oregon.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 17 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]131148[/snapback]

The bigger question is this, how can he be so aware and yet SO SURE his letter will make a difference ANYWAY? After all, he has learned by example, hasn't he. Shame on him. yes.gif

I don't believe that John is sure of anything except that his future is in Danny's hands and he must do as he is told.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]131149[/snapback]

I had never heard of them coming to anywhere in Oregon - I was wondering if there were regular places they hit in Oregon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post May 17 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

The Heart and Mind of a Man...

“But there is no deception quite so serious as self-deception. And each time one turns a blind eye to something wrong, the cataracts on the eyes of the soul grow a little denser, until finally one can live in the midst of evil and even partake of it and yet see nothing wrong.”

The above quote is an astute observation when applied to the character of Danny Shelton. In his eyes he has partaken of no evil. All that he has received is his well deserved reward as “God’s anointed”. Sexual favors from other men’s wives, his employees and prostitutes; he is entitled to have his needs fulfilled, isn’t he? Skimming enormous amounts of cash from the ministry and lining his own pockets; God would not want him to curtailed his desires from lack of adequate funds, would He? Spreading falsehoods and accusing his “enemies” of being pathological liars; a man has to protect his position, doesn’t he? And the rest of The Ten Commandments? Nothing more than suggestions in his private life; what more can God expect, when as a “god” in his own ministry, he is above the law.

Was Danny’s behavior always so evil? Did it begin long ago in his childhood, developing through his teenage years and into adulthood? Or was it a progression that evolved over the years of increasing power and wealth, since the founding of 3ABN?

In a letter to Johann, Danny wrote that since Moses and David could get away with adultery and murder, so can he, since God has given him such a great task to perform. How can the conscience of a man become so hardened and unyielding to truth of Scripture? How can a self-professed Christian ever believe that God condones adultery and murder for those whom He has given a “great task to perform”? How can Danny think that God, like Tetzel — in the time of Martin Luther — selling indulgences from the Catholic church for a fee, would give him a permit for unlimited sin in exchange for doing His bidding? Can God deny His own character? Will He make void the sacrifice of His Son for all sinners, allowing Danny Shelton to be saved in his sins and not from his sins. I am sure we can agree that this type of licence has not been written on stone by the finger of God, but more likely forged in the Devil’s workshop.

I would suggest that we all pray for the salvation of Danny Shelton, Kenny Shelton, Tommy Shelton, Emma Lou Shelton, Tammy Chance and her husband, Hal and Mollie Steenson, ET Everett, Brenda Walsh, Walt Thompson and the others that have been involved in the falsehoods and the constant breaking of The Ten Commandments of God that have surrounded “the ministry” of 3ABN. As long as there is breath in their bodies, there is still the opportunity to repent and humble themselves before God, receiving the assurance of salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord. But each one will have to face the consequences of their actions. For many this may include incarceration for breaking both the laws of the nation and the Commandments of God. For others it will mean public humiliation.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Mark 8:36

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]131149[/snapback]

I don't believe that John is sure of anything except that his future is in Danny's hands and he must do as he is told.

I suppose if what is more important to you then being honest, truthful and having integrity, you would rather have money, money and money, then I guess he has no choice...but, he never has to do anything he is "told" to do, unless he has sold his soul. He always has a choice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 17 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Fran @ May 17 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]131145[/snapback]

Were these states given just as examples? Or is there specific reason for identifying these? Are there not other places around the world where they return to the same church multiple times?

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 17 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]131142[/snapback]

The six year old would be the one in greatest danger. She has no Daddy to be sent to, she lives with her Daddy right there at 3ABN. She is NOT safe with him in the house with her.

There is a Danny Shelton, Jr in IL. Wonder if he is related to Danny Shelton, Sr?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church