Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9767&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 6 (more of the televangelist)
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

[quote name='Fran' date='May 17 2006, 05:04 PM' post='131154']
The six year old would be the one in greatest danger. She has no Daddy to be sent to, she lives with her Daddy right there at 3ABN. She is NOT safe with him in the house with her.

There must be someone, who can give enough reason to cause the authorities to go in and investigate? Get something on record somewhere, get "information" to Brandy, who has been hand-picked-naive enough to discount things that may be in front of her eyes at some point, never thinking it could be. Those that can do something need to step up and make a difference in this childs life. Or face the inevitable fact that she will be another statistic in just a matter of time....

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 17 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]131152[/snapback]

I suppose if what is more important to you then being honest, truthful and having integrity, you would rather have money, money and money, then I guess he has no choice...but, he never has to do anything he is "told" to do, unless he has sold his soul. He always has a choice.

Many of us have had that choice: live with Danny's blessing, or live with integrity. Some of us have chosen the path that Danny does not approve, and we are paying the price... and ohhh are we paying! John Knows this. We all choose that path we will take. John has chosen his.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 17 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Fran @ May 17 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]131154[/snapback]

The six year old would be the one in greatest danger. She has no Daddy to be sent to, she lives with her Daddy right there at 3ABN. She is NOT safe with him in the house with her.

There is a Danny Shelton, Jr in IL. Wonder if he is related to Danny Shelton, Sr?

so if the child is not safe, who is going to call child protective services? A rabbi once said that sometimes God answers prayer with a human voice... so while people are praying to God (who already knows what is really happening and the potential dangers), who will be the human used to answer the prayer?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 17 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]131157[/snapback]

so if the child is not safe, who is going to call child protective services? A rabbi once said that sometimes God answers prayer with a human voice... so while people are praying to God (who already knows what is really happening and the potential dangers), who will be the human used to answer the prayer?

Here in Franklin county, things are not that simple when one is dealing with Danny. There are other factors I can't go into that also complicate this situation, rather incredibly.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 17 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]131158[/snapback]

Here in Franklin county, things are not that simple when one is dealing with Danny. There are other factors I can't go into that also complicate this situation, rather incredibly.

either someone believes the child is in danger and makes a call or not...

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Clay, that has been done long ago. As I said, this is Franklin county and there are complications. There is money, politics, pleasure trips... "God save us from enemies who have something to gain, and friends who have something to lose."

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 17 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]131161[/snapback]

Clay, that has been done long ago. As I said, this is Franklin county and there are complications. There is money, politics, pleasure trips... "God save us from enemies who have something to gain, and friends who have something to lose."

Get Bill O'rielly involved! boxing.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 17 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]131162[/snapback]

Get Bill O'rielly involved! boxing.gif

Never thought of that... but, not a bad idea.

QUOTE(sister @ May 17 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]131151[/snapback]

The Heart and Mind of a Man...

“But there is no deception quite so serious as self-deception. And each time one turns a blind eye to something wrong, the cataracts on the eyes of the soul grow a little denser, until finally one can live in the midst of evil and even partake of it and yet see nothing wrong.”

The above quote is an astute observation when applied to the character of Danny Shelton. In his eyes he has partaken of no evil. All that he has received is his well deserved reward as “God’s anointed”. Sexual favors from other men’s wives, his employees and prostitutes; he is entitled to have his needs fulfilled, isn’t he? Skimming enormous amounts of cash from the ministry and lining his own pockets; God would not want him to curtailed his desires from lack of adequate funds, would He? Spreading falsehoods and accusing his “enemies” of being pathological liars; a man has to protect his position, doesn’t he? And the rest of The Ten Commandments? Nothing more than suggestions in his private life; what more can God expect, when as a “god” in his own ministry, he is above the law.

Was Danny’s behavior always so evil? Did it begin long ago in his childhood, developing through his teenage years and into adulthood? Or was it a progression that evolved over the years of increasing power and wealth, since the founding of 3ABN?

In a letter to Johann, Danny wrote that since Moses and David could get away with adultery and murder, so can he, since God has given him such a great task to perform. How can the conscience of a man become so hardened and unyielding to truth of Scripture? How can a self-professed Christian ever believe that God condones adultery and murder for those whom He has given a “great task to perform”? How can Danny think that God, like Tetzel — in the time of Martin Luther — selling indulgences from the Catholic church for a fee, would give him a permit for unlimited sin in exchange for doing His bidding? Can God deny His own character? Will He make void the sacrifice of His Son for all sinners, allowing Danny Shelton to be saved in his sins and not from his sins. I am sure we can agree that this type of licence has not been written on stone by the finger of God, but more likely forged in the Devil’s workshop.

I would suggest that we all pray for the salvation of Danny Shelton, Kenny Shelton, Tommy Shelton, Emma Lou Shelton, Tammy Chance and her husband, Hal and Mollie Steenson, ET Everett, Brenda Walsh, Walt Thompson and the others that have been involved in the falsehoods and the constant breaking of The Ten Commandments of God that have surrounded “the ministry” of 3ABN. As long as there is breath in their bodies, there is still the opportunity to repent and humble themselves before God, receiving the assurance of salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord. But each one will have to face the consequences of their actions. For many this may include incarceration for breaking both the laws of the nation and the Commandments of God. For others it will mean public humiliation.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Mark 8:36
Stay tuned...

There is also the recently acquired replacement for Emma Lou Shelton to consider: Chris Shelton. As Kenny's new wife, I am sure that Chris also needs our prayers.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 17 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 17 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]131163[/snapback]

Never thought of that... but, not a bad idea.
There is also the recently acquired replacement for Emma Lou Shelton to consider: Chris Shelton. As Kenny's new wife, I am sure that Chris also needs our prayers.

Darius said something that is appropriate here.....

That is what they depend on, that you will just pray. They know that prayer does nothing because God does not need prayers to tell Him what is going on. As long as the people are praying the leaders can continue to prey, in whatever fashion they do it. Such corporate emotional abuse should not be tolerated in civilized society....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 17 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sister @ May 17 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]131151[/snapback]

The Heart and Mind of a Man...

...In a letter to Johann, Danny wrote that since Moses and David could get away with adultery and murder, so can he, since God has given him such a great task to perform. How can the conscience of a man become so hardened and unyielding to truth of Scripture? How can a self-professed Christian ever believe that God condones adultery and murder for those whom He has given a “great task to perform”? How can Danny think that God, like Tetzel — in the time of Martin Luther — selling indulgences from the Catholic church for a fee, would give him a permit for unlimited sin in exchange for doing His bidding? Can God deny His own character? Will He make void the sacrifice of His Son for all sinners, allowing Danny Shelton to be saved in his sins and not from his sins. I am sure we can agree that this type of licence has not been written on stone by the finger of God, but more likely forged in the Devil’s workshop.

I would suggest that we all pray for the salvation of Danny Shelton, Kenny Shelton, Tommy Shelton, Emma Lou Shelton, Tammy Chance and her husband, Hal and Mollie Steenson, ET Everett, Brenda Walsh, Walt Thompson and the others that have been involved in the falsehoods and the constant breaking of The Ten Commandments of God that have surrounded “the ministry” of 3ABN. As long as there is breath in their bodies, there is still the opportunity to repent and humble themselves before God, receiving the assurance of salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord. But each one will have to face the consequences of their actions. For many this may include incarceration for breaking both the laws of the nation and the Commandments of God. For others it will mean public humiliation.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Mark 8:36
Stay tuned...

You mentioned murder. I have always wondered about the death of Kay, Danny's 1st wife, Melody's mother. Was she a hinderance to his "godly" motives. I heard she was secretly planning to leave him and Danny couldn't have that. I sure do hope that is not the case. It just makes me curious since he thought he was like David and Moses. Why would he mention Moses. Moses was specific to murder. Including the name of Moses makes me scared.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post May 17 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Well she needs our prayers but she KNEW what she was getting into. She claimed to be a "prophetess from God" like Ellen White so she is just like them so she fits right in.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ May 17 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]131167[/snapback]

Well she needs our prayers but she KNEW what she was getting into. She claimed to be a "prophetess from God" like Ellen White so she is just like them so she fits right in.

You are right about that. She does fit in far too well. How sad.

That is what they depend on, that you will just pray. They know that prayer does nothing because God does not need prayers to tell Him what is going on. As long as the people are praying the leaders can continue to prey, in whatever fashion they do it. Such corporate emotional abuse should not be tolerated in civilized society....

Darius got it absolutely right!!!! The reliance on prayer alone is a fallacy. Amen to Darius' comment!!!

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 17 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,162

RE: QUOTE: That is what they depend on, that you will just pray. They know that prayer does nothing because God does not need prayers to tell Him what is going on. As long as the people are praying the leaders can continue to prey, in whatever fashion they do it. Such corporate emotional abuse should not be tolerated in civilized society....

I agree with your point. In another posting where the addresses were given to write and complain, some of the very people calling for action claimed that writing these people would do no good. If everyone that responded to these post would even send a postcard or two stating their concerns in just a few words, then these folks will begin to see that we are serious about what we see happening. Ranting among ourselves serves no purpose. I am going to send mine tomorrow...You?

Finally, I still believe prayer CHANGES things. God knows all, the point is not to alert God. He's on His job. Are we on ours?

This post has been edited by 4reneyonly: May 17 2006, 08:23 PM

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 17 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]131171[/snapback]

RE: QUOTE: I agree with your point. In another posting where the addresses were given to write and complain, some of the very people calling for action claimed that writing these people would do no good. If everyone that responded to these post would even send a postcard or two stating their concerns in just a few words, then these folks will begin to see that we are serious about what we see happening. Ranting among ourselves serves no purpose. I am going to send mine tomorrow...You?

Good on you! Send your card and have your say. Thats what its all about!

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 17 2006, 08:24 PM

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 17 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,162

I shall. The problem with people who claim to be be bothered by a situation like this and others in or out of the church is that no one wants to publically stand up and say STOP! It's easier to hide behind others in the pack and whine. This is why people like the 3ABN gang thrive, they know that no one will speak up directly, if at all. Their power comes from our silence. Pray that we get the courage to stand against this mess.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church