Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9768&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 7 (the dollar store and the Lengend)
seeshell
post May 23 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,679

The Plungie story is priceless. rofl1.gif I can just feel the horror in the room...iIf I had been there, I would have been one of those people cringing and praying "Please, God, don't let that kid near me with that thing!!!!!" And shooting murderous glances at the parent. roflmao.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 23 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Man one could seriously go on and on about the things that happen during taping, that the viewing audience is completely unaware of..
I remember on a Today LIVE, I was doing audio because the regular guy was gone... and one of the guests microphones started cutting out...
I had on high heels, so I had to kick my shoes off, grab a mic and literaly crawl on the floor to get to the guest and keep out of sight... swap out the microphones, and then crawl back and run into the control room... all the while we were still taping and broadcasting LIVE!!
Great Fun!!

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 23 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

so in the midst of being mistreated there were good times..... interesting.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 23 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #19

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ May 23 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]131962[/snapback]

Just because you may be in the midst of a bad situation does not mean that the Lord does not open up a window to let you catch a glimpse of glory. Just as Paul and Silas could sing in a dungeon, so these brave souls who worked at 3ABN had musical moments. That is what gave them the power to continue to work there, and some who still work there.

"Yea though I go through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear NO evil, for thou art with me."

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 23 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ May 23 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]131962[/snapback]

I've been thinking about what you said here....from my earliest childhood years, losing a father, having horrible stepfathers, neglect I felt in the home, and many other situations that I found myself in my life that were miserable and almost unbareable, there were always things that happend that were good - and I thank God for those periods of relief from stress. What would we do without those things? Is any situation any different? Stress all around, the times we get away or breaks in the situations that break it up are good for our blood pressure among other things! Those are the little blessing you begin to see and look for to get you through, or you might find yourself losing your mind totally.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: May 23 2006, 03:34 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 23 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ May 23 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]131962[/snapback]

Yeah there were good times, and to be completely honest I loved my job..
but I left because the bad started outweighing the good... even at it's worst there were still good times, but just because there are good times does not mean that you stay in a bad situation.
That would be like saying "Yeah my husband beats me, but when he's not beating me he is the sweetest guy!! So I'm just going to stay and stick it out.. because he can be such a sweetheart!!"
You would tell someone in that situation that they needed to leave, it's the same way at 3ABN, there were definitely good times, and a lot of GREAT people... but that stopped making up for all the crap that I had to wade through to get to those good times!

--------------------

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
inga
post May 23 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Clay @ May 23 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]131962[/snapback]

H'mm ... what's so "interesting" about that?

It sounds to me like the way life usually works:

Into each life some rain must fall, and there's some sunshine even in the worst seasons.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 23 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

rofl1.gif I was on the set being interviewed on a live program one time when my pager went off. It was my wife. Danny shot me a murderous glance, and while I was busy stuffing the pager down as far into the couch cushions as I could get it (without looking like I was doing anything), the audio guy had the presence of mind to cut my mic. She kept calling back! After the program I got a good chewing.

Oh, here is one of the best ones yet! Paper Tiger, were you ever in on the taping of May Chung's programs? She is the only person I have ever known to fall asleep on the set in the middle of an interview. roflmao.gif When her guest started talking, she got bored and fell asleep. rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

The director had to stop the program and instruct the floor director to wake her up. roflmao.gif

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 23 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]131955[/snapback]

The Plungie story is priceless. rofl1.gif I can just feel the horror in the room...iIf I had been there, I would have been one of those people cringing and praying "Please, God, don't let that kid near me with that thing!!!!!" And shooting murderous glances at the parent. roflmao.gif

rofl1.gif Yes, there were many murderous glances... but then Justin's dad is used to that. 2guns.gif crutch.gif

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 23 2006, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 23 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 23 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]131993[/snapback]

rofl1.gif I was on the set being interviewed on a live program one time when my pager went off. It was my wife. Danny shot me a murderous glance, and while I was busy stuffing the pager down as far into the couch cushions as I could get it (without looking like I was doing anything), the audio guy had the presence of mind to cut my mic. She kept calling back! After the program I got a good chewing.

Oh, here is one of the best ones yet! Paper Tiger, were you ever in on the taping of May Chung's programs? She is the only person I have ever known to fall asleep on the set in the middle of an interview. roflmao.gif When her guest started talking, she got bored and fell asleep. rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

The director had to stop the program and instruct the floor director to wake her up. roflmao.gif
rofl1.gif

Yeah, it happened on more than one occasion too!! We finally tied a string to her ankle and the guest had the other end, so that when she would nod off they would just tug at it to wake her up!!! roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 23 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

rofl1.gif Oh dear, why did they let her keep interviewing people? I'd have been like, "Wow, am I THAT boring?" rofl1.gif

As for the pager going off, well, yes, of course it is the wife's prerogative to page the husband at ANY time... biggrin.gif AND be mad if he doesn't respond fairly instantly! laugh.gif (Just ask my husband.)

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 23 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 23 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]131998[/snapback]

rofl1.gif Oh dear, why did they let her keep interviewing people? I'd have been like, "Wow, am I THAT boring?" rofl1.gif

Let's just say that money talks!! giggle.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 23 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 23 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]131998[/snapback]

As for the pager going off, well, yes, of course it is the wife's prerogative to page the husband at ANY time... biggrin.gif AND be mad if he doesn't respond fairly instantly! laugh.gif (Just ask my husband.)

But if the wife is the bosses daughter, there may be extenuating circumstances

+Quote Post
sister
post May 24 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 23 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]131999[/snapback]

Let's just say that money talks!! giggle.gif

Do you remember the story about May Chung on CNN? When she was named as the most prominent slumlord in a major Texas city. Is May still on the 3ABN board?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 24 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sister @ May 24 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]132014[/snapback]

Do you remember the story about May Chung on CNN? When she was named as the most prominent slumlord in a major Texas city. Is May still on the 3ABN board?

Yes, I remember that. Poor May was called "the Dallas slum lord." I don't remember why. Yes, she is still on the board.

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 24 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 24 2006, 02:50 AM) [snapback]132015[/snapback]

Yes, I remember that. Poor May was called "the Dallas slum lord." I don't remember why. Yes, she is still on the board.

Maybe I am dumb, but what is a slumlord? Sounds like somebody who rented a lot of rundown rental properties and expected the renters to live there---And that is how she got her money?

I also wonder how many of the board members go to sleep during the infrequest board meetings--maybe there are others who sleep -thus making the board's votes unanimous--one nudge and the 'yeas' are spoken.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church