Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 8 (still more of the televangelist)
princessdi
post May 31 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I completely understand your fear, CJO. However, if the Holy Spirit has indeed convicted these souls, and they have entered into a relationship with God and not 3ABN or even the Adventist church there is nothing to fear. For it says in the Bible that God has not send us a spirit of fear. Pray for those new ones and pray that God will continue to bless, keep, and lead them. If they are in His care there is nothing to fear.

QUOTE(CJO @ May 31 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]133015[/snapback]

uhm.gif This post is for "Sister",

I don't really have the time to enter into many posts here; but I have been following your posts since you have been writing them on here. I don't know where you get all of your information, but if it is true, we have a very sad situation happening here. You may be completely right in what you have been posting here; yet we are dealing with a much bigger problem then withier you are right or wrong.

You see, I believe that this bigger problem is what Linda has been dealing with all along. It's the precious souls who are finding Jesus through the dedicated and God fearing programs on 3abn.

3abn isn't Danny Shelton. Yes, He got it started and has been leading it. But 3aboon, I believe was led by God to win many thousands of souls to the truth. And that has been what is happening for years.

Linda could have made waves, but she didn't, because she loves God and she listened to His voice to keep quiet, while taking the brunt of terrible rumors and a horrible defamation of character and more.... She loved those who found Jesus and never wanted to shake their faith in God.

The wheat and tares grow together and it isn't us that separates them. It's God. So as we stand and watch this whole situation, we can only add fuel to Satan's scheme if we continue on with the "facts"; only to harm so many honest new baby christians. Sometimes truth is truth, but look what it can do to harm others.

This situation is sao complicated. Yet, I believe that it's time for us to leave it in God's hands to deal with. And if not in this world; it will happen when God calls forth His Children. And I believe that it is going to happen very soon.

None of us truly know the facts because we weren't there in the room or the corner etc. Only God knows. So how can we truly make a judgement on this situation. We Can't. So I say, leave it all in God's hands and we can rest assured that He will deal with everything in His time and way.

With much love to all of you. Let's be ready for Jesus to come. Our Characters must reflect His or we will be lost too. Those are the issues that should occupy our minds. I know I have much to deal with to allow this to happen in my life.

CJO

Just a short "ie" to the above post.

We have a very small church here and we are the only town in Canada, that the cable station put 3abn on. It was a miracle. We now have 4 precious non adventists attending who came through 3abn. One just came 2 weeks ago. Heard Doug Bachelor. They have been through the Shawn Boonstra meetings and Doug Bachelor, and Cox's and Wahlbergs etc. etc. They are finding Jesus. They are precious souls that God is using 3abn to help them to find truth. I know there are many others all around the world who are finding Jesus in the same way. So I shudder for their souls, if the tares are plucked up, without God being the one to deal with this situation.
Can you see my fear..

In Christ,

CJO

This post has been edited by princessdi: May 31 2006, 09:42 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 31 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

QUOTE(CJO @ May 31 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]133015[/snapback]

I don't really have the time to enter into many posts here; but I have been following your posts since you have been writing them on here. I don't know where you get all of your information, but if it is true, we have a very sad situation happening here. You may be completely right in what you have been posting here; yet we are dealing with a much bigger problem then withier you are right or wrong.

You see, I believe that this bigger problem is what Linda has been dealing with all along. It's the precious souls who are finding Jesus through the dedicated and God fearing programs on 3abn.

3abn isn't Danny Shelton. Yes, He got it started and has been leading it. But 3aboon, I believe was led by God to win many thousands of souls to the truth. And that has been what is happening for years.

Linda could have made waves, but she didn't, because she loves God and she listened to His voice to keep quiet, while taking the brunt of terrible rumors and a horrible defamation of character and more.... She loved those who found Jesus and never wanted to shake their faith in God.

The wheat and tares grow together and it isn't us that separates them. It's God. So as we stand and watch this whole situation, we can only add fuel to Satan's scheme if we continue on with the "facts"; only to harm so many honest new baby christians. Sometimes truth is truth, but look what it can do to harm others.

This situation is sao complicated. Yet, I believe that it's time for us to leave it in God's hands to deal with. And if not in this world; it will happen when God calls forth His Children. And I believe that it is going to happen very soon.

None of us truly know the facts because we weren't there in the room or the corner etc. Only God knows. So how can we truly make a judgement on this situation. We Can't. So I say, leave it all in God's hands and we can rest assured that He will deal with everything in His time and way.

With much love to all of you. Let's be ready for Jesus to come. Our Characters must reflect His or we will be lost too. Those are the issues that should occupy our minds. I know I have much to deal with to allow this to happen in my life.

CJO

We have a very small church here and we are the only town in Canada, that the cable station put 3abn on. It was a miracle. We now have 4 precious non adventists attending who came through 3abn. One just came 2 weeks ago. Heard Doug Bachelor. They have been through the Shawn Boonstra meetings and Doug Bachelor, and Cox's and Wahlbergs etc. etc. They are finding Jesus. They are precious souls that God is using 3abn to help them to find truth. I know there are many others all around the world who are finding Jesus in the same way. So I shudder for their souls, if the tares are plucked up, without God being the one to deal with this situation.
Can you see my fear..

In Christ,

CJO

[quote] Many of the programs that are on 3ABN and are leading people to Christ are on other networks too. I have heard Mark Finley thanking Paul and Jan Crouch for instance. Doug Batchelor and Walter Pearson are on other networks. 3ABN is merely a carrier for programs even though they do produce programs too. Is the only difference that it is all Adventist all the time? I have nothing against that. Or is the difference the charismatic personality of Danny, then I do have a problem with the cultlike aspects of worshiping him and feeding his power.

I can see your fear for souls and at one time I had hoped that Danny was still sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and cared enough about people that he would repent and correct his attitude without outside intervention. But now, the most I can hope for is that people inside the church will see there is a problem and deal with it lest authorities outside the church step in and prosecute not for lack of humility but for illegal behavior. If he is not restrained in some way by the church or by the law, I fear that by his example he will lead many astray because of his smugness. That is a loss of souls too. There are people at 3abn and in the surrounding community who know what he is doing. Do we want our doctrines to become popular at the cost of ignoring open immorality and the misuse of power to destroy perceived enemies who will not bow? Is he another Haman? The forgotten commandment isn't the 4th one in this case, but the 7th, 8th and 9th.

This post has been edited by lurker: May 31 2006, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 31 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

Actually, I've been exactly where you are now. I've spent time, money, and energy doing what I could to make 3ABN succeed. It has always been a joy for me to see someone quit smoking, or lose excess body weight, or find hope and healing, from seeing something on 3ABN. Unfortunately, the end doesn't always justify the means. It is wrong to work like the devil for the Lord.

I have some comments.

QUOTE(CJO @ May 31 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]133015[/snapback]

3abn isn't Danny Shelton. Yes, He got it started and has been leading it. But 3abn, I believe was led by God to win many thousands of souls to the truth. And that has been what is happening for years.

3ABN is Danny Shelton.

Judge Barbara S. Rowe, in the 3ABN Illinois Tax Case, ruled that 3ABN is a private Shelton business, based on the evidence presented to the court.

I've been to Thompsonville, and I've come away with the impression that 3ABN is 100 percent Danny Shelton. In fact, I think there is nothing about 3ABN that is not Danny Shelton. The 3ABN often-repeated slogan, "Remember, this is God's ministry, not Danny's ministry," strikes me as being a carefully constructed misrepresentation of the facts.

Read that parable very closely.

Matthew 13:36
"And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field." 37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 "The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. "

The field is the world, not the Adventist Church. Many people are of the mistaken belief that the Church and the field are one and the same, and we are not allowed to separate the good from the bad inside our own organization.

I believe that it's time for us to leave it in God's hands to deal with. And if not in this world; it will happen when God calls forth His Children. And I believe that it is going to happen very soon.

The Board of Directors of 3ABN didn't leave Linda Shelton in God's hands. Apparently, they're still not willing to leave it in God's hands. They're still writing letters and sending them out. We read that the 3ABN employees continue to make phone calls to discredit Linda Shelton.

None of us truly know the facts because we weren't there in the room or the corner etc.

On one occasion I was sitting in the corner.

I agree, completely.

Can you see my fear?

Yes, but remember that the world is the field, not the Church. The tares are in the world. We are not required to heartily embrace evil and celebrate injustice and glorify bullies in our own Church.

These are my thoughts, CJO

God Bless,

Pete

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 1 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

"You see, I believe that this bigger problem is what Linda has been dealing with all along. It's the precious souls who are finding Jesus through the dedicated and God fearing programs on 3abn.

3abn isn't Danny Shelton. Yes, He got it started and has been leading it. But 3aboon, I believe was led by God to win many thousands of souls to the truth. And that has been what is happening for years."

CJO, having spent close to fifteen years at 3ABN and in "the family", I will say difinitively that 3ABN IS Danny Shelton, and Danny Shelton is 3ABN. He himself says that in those very words, often.

"This situation is sao complicated. Yet, I believe that it's time for us to leave it in God's hands to deal with. And if not in this world; it will happen when God calls forth His Children. And I believe that it is going to happen very soon."

I can promise you that as we, the church, have not dealt with this situation it is now too late. Those who are dealing with it are in, and of, this world.

"None of us truly know the facts because we weren't there in the room or the corner etc. Only God knows. So how can we truly make a judgement on this situation. We Can't. So I say, leave it all in God's hands and we can rest assured that He will deal with everything in His time and way."

Actually, some of us have certainly been in the room, and in the corner. We are firsthand witnesses who know.

"We have a very small church here and we are the only town in Canada, that the cable station put 3abn on. It was a miracle."

I am aware of that, and I am also aware that if the CRTC knew what had happened, they would not use the term "miracle", they would say "illegal", pull 3ABN off the cable system, and fine them for lying and acting against Canadian law. When it was posted on the 3ABN website, I had it immediately removed so as to not tip off the CRTC.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jun 1 2006, 01:05 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 1 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ May 31 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]133003[/snapback]

Do the Steensons, E.T. Everett and Shelly Quinn all have Pentecostal backgrounds? If so, is there some reason that they, rather than those of solid Adventist background, have been given such high and influential positions within 3ABN?

I am not as familiar with Shelly's background, but the Steensons and E.T. come from the charimatic movement. Among charismatics, spiritual leaders are viewed as prophets and are not to be questioned. They have the full authority of God himself because they speak with the voice of God. The Steensons are very recent converts to the Adventists Church, and the Everetts are not Adventists. With my own ears I have heard Hal, Mollie, and E.T. say that Gods speaks to us through Danny. I have also heard people in the churches where I represented 3ABN say that I was privileged to be working with God's final prophet for the end times: Danny Shelton. They have said the Ellen White was the prophet for her times, and Danny is the final prophet.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 1 2006, 05:23 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 1 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]133034[/snapback]

CJO, having spent close to fifteen years at 3ABN and in "the family", I will say difinitively that 3ABN IS Danny Shelton, and Danny Shelton is 3ABN. He himself says that in those very words, often.

"This situation is sao complicated. Yet, I believe that it's time for us to leave it in God's hands to deal with. And if not in this world; it will happen when God calls forth His Children. And I believe that it is going to happen very soon."

I can promise you that as we, the church, have not dealt with this situation it is now too late. Those who are dealing with it are in, and of, this world.

"None of us truly know the facts because we weren't there in the room or the corner etc. Only God knows. So how can we truly make a judgement on this situation. We Can't. So I say, leave it all in God's hands and we can rest assured that He will deal with everything in His time and way."

Responding to CJO: What do you mean when you say "Leave it all in God's hands". Do you expect God to work directly without employing human hands? Is the old saying, "God has no hands but our hands" not as true when it comes to cleaning out evil as it is when speaking of helping the needy or spreading the gospel?

And to Beartrap: While it is true that had the church administrative officials acted more expeditiously as the situation has come to their attention, and that it may now be "too late" for them to act and accomplish what needs to be accomplished, that does not necessarily mean that it is "too late" for God to accomplish his purposes. God often delays his executive judgements so that on the one hand, men may have a chance to repent, and on the other hand so that evil may develop and show its true colors. If the evil at 3ABN is going to be fully expunged then it must be seen by onlookers, both in and outside our church, to be truly the evil that it is--lest those claiming that Danny is the current mouthpiece for God present him as a martyr for God once he has been fully exposed and deposed. God is not only God in the church. He is also God in the world, whether they recognize him as God or not. And He has often used those not of the "household of faith" to accomplish His purposes.

Actually, some of us have certainly been in the room, and in the corner. We are firsthand witnesses who know.

"We have a very small church here and we are the only town in Canada, that the cable station put 3abn on. It was a miracle."

I am aware of that, and I am also aware that if the CRTC knew what had happened, they would not use the term "miracle", they would say "illegal", pull 3ABN off the cable system, and fine them for lying and acting against Canadian law. When it was posted on the 3ABN website, I had it immediately removed so as to not tip off the CRTC.

To Beartrap: I wonder if you would elaborate on this for us. What is it about 3ABN that makes it illegal to be on cable in Canada? And conversely also, what is in Canadian law that makes it illegal for a cable system to put them on? Surely it is not merely that it is 24/7 religious programming. That would have been obvious to the cable system personell.

And to CJO: Perhaps once you learn what Beartrap knows, it may be time to go, hat in hand, to your local cable company and inform them of what you have just learned. Acting quickly upon the receipt of information always stands one in good stead with the law of the land, and also, I might add, with public opinion and with the reputaion of your church. I'd also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the presentations available on HOPETV and present this as an alternative. Since the programs that you mention are probably all carried by HOPETV this would be an easy switch for your members, both old and new, to make, with only a minimum of disillusionment with 3ABN. and none with the church that Danny claims to represent but does not.

See HOPETV information at http://www.hopetv.org/

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 1 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

beyond lurking...not even reading wallbash.gif snack.gif clay I read somewhere you've joined the Lady Tenor, SimplySaved, Calvin, and Huggins130 3abn lurk club...welcome aboard!!! yawn.gif

btw that's a real picture in my avatar of a new section of midtown Atlanta that is up and coming, called Atlantic Station...I took the picture this past weekend...nice huh...ok, offtopic.gif now back to our regularly scheduled drama!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: Jun 1 2006, 05:47 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 1 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 1 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]133038[/snapback]

Do the Steensons, E.T. Everett and Shelly Quinn all have Pentecostal backgrounds? If so, is there some reason that they, rather than those of solid Adventist background, have been given such high and influential positions within 3ABN?

I am not as familiar with Shelly's background, but the Steensons and E.T. come from the charismatic movement. Among charismatics, spiritual leaders are viewed as prophets and are not to be questioned. They have the full authority of God himself because they speak with the voice of God. The Steensons are very recent converts to the Adventists Church, and the Everetts are not Adventists. With my own ears I have heard Hal, Mollie, and E.T. say that Gods speaks to us through Danny. I have also heard people in the churches where I represented 3ABN say that I was privileged to be working with God's final prophet for the end times: Danny Shelton. They have said the Ellen White was the prophet for her times, and Danny is the final prophet.

This well illustrates the affinity that the Pentecostals and certain "branches" of Adventism has for each other. And it is one that is not often really understood. either in the historical sense of it always being present, or in its various manifestations in the present. Mainline and Conservative Adventist spokespersons in general are very critical of Pentecostalism, though their criticisms are generally focused on a very narrow segment of doctrine, and most often on their forms of worship and music. But when it comes to the entire scope of doctrines, there are probably more that are presently infiltrating our church with encouragement from conservative sectors than there are those that are being effectively countered.

But, especially when it comes to areas which touch on Ellen White and a prophetic voice within the church, it is intriguing to realize that those who have rejected Ellen White are very often even more in league with Pentecostal teaching and practices in this area than are those who accept her as someone through whom God did indeed give direct messages to the Adventist church. I don't pretend to understand this, but I know from experiences that it is true. As one example of this, I'll note briefly the correspondence that I had with a woman, an ex-Adventist, still a Sabbath keeper, btw, who was very vocal on her opposition to both Ellen White and to the Adventist Church for their continued respect for her and her role in the church. Yet she was thoroughly enamored of the prophetic gift as it was manifested in various self-styled prophets, and frequently filled my mailbox with the latest of an assortment of their messages.

There are, no doubt, a number of explanations for this connection. But probably the most cogent one is that people who are serious about their religion (and there are such people all across the span from liberal to radical right wing conservatism) are also serious about getting a "word from the Lord". And they want it now, and direct, not filtered through any dead prophets, whether their writings be found in scripture or the writings of Ellen White. This not only represents a yearning for a truly contemporary "word from the Lord" , but it also represents a "hunger for the supernatural" which in turn causes them to be both envious of and susceptible to those who claim either direct connection with God or miracles of God attesting their "special status" with God.

For those who lightly regard the Sabbath and/or their Adventist church connections, leaving our church and moving to a Charismatic one can be seen as a very attractive alternative. But for those more devoted to either the Sabbath or the Adventist church, it is much more preferable to import what they think they want from Pentecostalism, even if that means hiring "real" Pentecostal preachers, baptising those that are willing to accept an Adventist facade, but not making this a condition of their continued employment.

As in so many areas, Danny has created nothing new, he is only capitalizing (pun intended) on what he has seen to already exist, though in less obtrusive ways than what he is doing with it.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 1 2006, 06:25 AM
Post #24

Guests

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 1 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]133034[/snapback]

3abn isn't Danny Shelton. Yes, He got it started and has been leading it. But 3aboon, I believe was led by God to win many thousands of souls to the truth. And that has been what is happening for years."

What does it mean to win someone to the truth? We hear it said quite often but there is no clarity as to what it means.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 1 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(CJO @ May 31 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]133015[/snapback]

CJO

Can you see my fear..

In Christ,

CJO

CJO

I would like to address some of the statements that you have made, which I have bolded.

I agree that the programming available on 3ABN has strengthen the faith of many, but that same programming is also available elsewhere, i.e the Hope Channel and Safe TV. I have never questioned the fact of how valuable this programming has been. The administration of 3ABN and it’s board are the problem, not the programming, especially that produced from other sources. Separate it from the program carrier's administration and the house is cleaned.

Linda signed a severance contract which included a “gag order” of two years and that time period is swiftly coming to an end. I look forward to hearing her testimony soon.To perpetuate evil practices through silence is not something that can be applied to the influence of the voice of God speaking to Linda. The Bible is very clear upon this point, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Romans 6:1,2

And finally, many of us who were or are at 3ABN know the facts, we have been in the room, the hallway and sitting in a corner. When a man believes in his own infallibility and that he speaks as God within his realm, many of the actions that are “behind the scenes” to the viewers are an open “secret” within the ministry.

I hope this clarifies my position regarding 3ABN.

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 1 2006, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 1 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 1 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]133052[/snapback]

What does it mean to win someone to the truth? We hear it said quite often but there is no clarity as to what it means.

it means Jesus didn't mean he finished it all when he bowed his head and gave up the Ghost!!

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 1 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Jun 1 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]133045[/snapback]

beyond lurking...not even reading wallbash.gif snack.gif clay I read somewhere you've joined the Lady Tenor, SimplySaved, Calvin, and Huggins130 3abn lurk club...welcome aboard!!! yawn.gif

btw that's a real picture in my avatar of a new section of midtown Atlanta that is up and coming, called Atlantic Station...I took the picture this past weekend...nice huh...ok, offtopic.gif now back to our regularly scheduled drama!!! biggrin.gif

For someone with no purported interest in this thread, why do you feel the need to continue posting in it?

Do you think you will be forgotten if you don't pipe up every so often? If, as you claim, you are not even bothering to read this thread, why do you think it noteworthy to point that out every few days or so? All it does is make your statement of how disinterested you are a lie; if you really had no interest in the thread you'd neither read it nor post in it... not even facetiously.

You'd just ignore it and move on to something you *are* interested in...

Selah.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Jun 1 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

What does it mean to win someone to the truth? We hear it
said quite often but there is no clarity as to what it means.
===============================================
It had better mean winning a person to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and NOT just 'winning' them to a set of Adventist doctrines.

Making the Good News of the Gospel so clear that a person confesses their sins to God and receives Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord! That person enters into the 'joy of the Lord'! They start living for Jesus and He becomes the center of their thoughts. "They are a 'new creation'...the old is gone and the new has come"!
(2 Cor. 5:17). Jesus now controls their life...and that is the way they like it!

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 1 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

In regards to whether 3ABN is Danny Shelton or not, I understand both points of view. Danny obviously controls 3ABN, but the people who have been converted at least in part through 3ABN have not been converted because of Danny's inane ramblings, but because of the Adventist message in programs by Doug Batchelor, Mark Finley, etc.

This brings up the greatest concern about this whole situation. Sin and false doctrine always go hand in hand. If the evil powers that be are allowed to continue to control 3ABN, then expect to see and hear false doctrine being presented. For instance, John Lomacang's series on Revelation (of which I saw only a part) presented a futurist interpretation of the 7 trumpets (Rev. 8,9). Both futurism (most of Revelation pertains to the future) and preterism (most of Revelation was fulfilled in the first or first few centuries A.D.) originated from Roman Catholic Jesuits (Ribera and Alcasar respectively) to counteract the Protestant historicist interpretation which identified the papacy as a major player (the beast) in the Christian era. Why is Lomacang presenting Catholic-inspired theology?

What a coup if Satan could hijack 3ABN, which many Adventists trust and have invested millions of dollars in, and use it as a vehicle to subtly introduce false teachings and deceive thousands. First, gain credibility by presenting kosher Adventism, then, once trust is established, drop in error here and there.

Deceive Danny and his listeners into thinking that he is a special recipient of God's word to the masses and that all his impressions are from God, place charismatics (the false tongues and false miracles of Pentecostalism are a form of spiritualism) in decision-making positions and get rid of anyone (Linda and others) who might protest - and the stage is set for some major deceptions in the future unless the 3ABN "temple" is cleansed.

This whole situation parallels the problems in Adventism 100 years ago when Dr. Kellogg, the respected leader of the Battle Creek Sanitarium (the face of Adventism to the world), tried to introduce pantheism into the church. Both the Sanitarium and the Review and Herald building (which was going to publish Kellogg's book) were burned to the ground. This crisis was the "iceberg" that Ellen White saw in her dream in which God told her to "meet it." The Adventist church survived, but Kellogg and many Adventists (including leaders) left the church. Lewis Walton's book Omega II is an excellent account of that period in Adventist history with application to today.

I'm grateful to people like sister, beartrap, watchbird, et al., who are doing what they can to resolve the leadership crisis at 3ABN before it develops into a situation in which souls may be deceived and lost.

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: Jun 1 2006, 12:08 PM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
Chez
post Jun 1 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 1 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]133073[/snapback]

For someone with no purported interest in this thread, why do you feel the need to continue posting in it?

Do you think you will be forgotten if you don't pipe up every so often? If, as you claim, you are not even bothering to read this thread, why do you think it noteworthy to point that out every few days or so? All it does is make your statement of how disinterested you are a lie; if you really had no interest in the thread you'd neither read it nor post in it... not even facetiously.

You'd just ignore it and move on to something you *are* interested in...

Selah.

In His service,
Mr. J

Thank you for your post. I was wondering the same thing. Why would one read or post on this thread if he/she is not interested?

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 1 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]133038[/snapback]

I am not as familiar with Shelly's background, but the Steensons and E.T. come from the charimatic movement. Among charismatics, spiritual leaders are viewed as prophets and are not to be questioned. They have the full authority of God himself because they speak with the voice of God. The Steensons are very recent converts to the Adventists Church, and the Everetts are not Adventists. With my own ears I have heard Hal, Mollie, and E.T. say that Gods speaks to us through Danny. I have also heard people in the churches where I represented 3ABN say that I was privileged to be working with God's final prophet for the end times: Danny Shelton. They have said the Ellen White was the prophet for her times, and Danny is the final prophet.

I think Shelly grew up in the Church of Christ denomination. She mentioned her affiliation with the Church of Christ denomination during a television interview. She was giving her testimony and mentioned that she had been a member of various denominations, had her own ministry, and studied the Word, which brought her to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church