Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9773&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:19 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 9 (doing things for God)
sonshineonme
post Jun 20 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 20 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]135312[/snapback]

We don't mind; it has long been the policy that one needed to be neither black nor SDA to be a member here... the forum name notwithstanding smile.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

That is great to hear, especially since I really love it (over) here anyway...I like the people flirt.gif

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 20 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]135310[/snapback]

I don' t know if it is the money or that one must have special access. I do know that Stan is making a big push for money. I am still a member and I still receive his weekly "This week on CA" emails. This is usually 4-5 urls with short "teasers" about them. However, the last paragraph on the last one began "FOR THOSE OF YOU who are not able to access all the forums that we provide links for, please consider taking out a subscription to Clubadventist. . . ." So it is not just the 3ABN TOPICS Forum that is closed to all except dues paying members, it looks as though Stan has moved from his "open reading for all, with posting reserved for dues paying members" policy, to a policy that does not even allowing reading unless one is a dues paying member.

I hope BSDA doesn't mind being integrated. For I suspect that Stan's new policies are going to substantially increase the membership of BSDA.

I get those emails too, but I have never clicked on any of the links....when I have time I go over there, and every time I have, I've become frustrated. BSDA is more like heaven to me anyway....

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 20 2006, 01:52 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 20 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 20 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]135314[/snapback]

That is great to hear, especially since I really love it (over) here anyway...I like the people flirt.gif
I get those emails too, but I have never clicked on any of the links....when I have time I go over there, and every time I have, I've become frustrated. BSDA is more like heaven to me anyway....

and we like you too.... we are open to all, usually... there have been those who have come and attempted to just convert without dialogue.... we don't take to kindly to that and they soon leave.... but as you can see, we enjoy the fellowship, and banter....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 20 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #63

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 20 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]135312[/snapback]

We don't mind; it has long been the policy that one needed to be neither black nor SDA to be a member here... the forum name notwithstanding smile.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

This reminds me of a sermon I preached at First Church in Tallahassee, FL. My chosen title was "Are You Black Enough?" They settled down as I preached from Amos 4:11 "I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD." If you are on fire then you are black enough for BSDA.

This post has been edited by statrei: Jun 20 2006, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 20 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 20 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]135317[/snapback]

This reminds me of a sermon I preached at First Church in Tallahassee, FL. My chosen title was "Are You Black Enough?" They settled down as I preached from Amos 4:11 "I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD." If you are on fire then you are black enough for BSDA.

Then I qualify, I'm pretty black....just don't want to burn giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jun 20 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 20 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]135312[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

I am also glad that to hear this smile.gif I greatly enjoy this forum ... a lot better than CA.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 20 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Jun 20 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]135319[/snapback]

I am also glad that to hear this smile.gif I greatly enjoy this forum ... a lot better than CA.

I agree also. I really appreciate Calvin's way of handling BSDA. He has given us a community with the freedom to disagree, without being disagreeable. Thank you "Boss"! clap.gif At BSDA we can talk together like family and make new and interesting friends. tabletalk.gif

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 20 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 20 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]135305[/snapback]

Unfortunately, the url you listed must only be available to members of CA. I clicked on it and received the reply: Access Denied. I think that excludes most of us here. Perhaps you would like to share some of the information yourself, for those of us unable to access the 3ABN private threads on CA?

During the time that the 3ABN thread has existed in Club Adventist, several people have fought very hard to close it. At least twice it came closed to being closed. The last time, the CA administration compromised. Instead of closing it, people are now required to be paying members inorder to view it.

People who are not paying members do not know that the 3ABN thread exists.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 20 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 20 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]135331[/snapback]

During the time that the 3ABN thread has existed in Club Adventist, several people have fought very hard to close it. At least twice it came closed to being closed. The last time, the CA administration compromised. Instead of closing it, people are now required to be paying members inorder to view it.

thumbdown.gif This of course, was not a "compromise". It was a technique for closing. scratchchin.gif

Now the question remains: Does anyone here still have access to the threads so they can bring the most valuable of the posts over here? For there was a LOT of documented material in those early posts. Some of it is already here also, but I think there is a lot that is not.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 20 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #69

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 20 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]135331[/snapback]

I wrote to Stan and asked him WHY I can not access certain threads, this is his reply to me:

"There are few private forums such as people going through a divorce that are supporting each other, a mens forum just for men a womens forum just for women etc. None of them are really active right now, they go in spurts.

This is a user supported forum when it comes to expenses. We had to get our own server and have other expenses needed to run a forum. We also found that charging a token fee every month got rid of most of the 'drive by shooters' and other cyber-bullies who go crazy hiding being a keyboard.

Thanks for asking

Stan Jensen"

I wrote him back and asked why he didn't mention that the 3abn threads (all except a couple very benign ones) were not available.

His reply just came, this is what he said regarding that:

"there are 100+ forums do not really keep track of them... i suspect all the paying members can see anything 3abn.. there is a 30 day free trial...
If there are some hidden 3abn that you are aware of please let me know, it could be one of the other admin team did something with them.

Stan"

Hmmm..... dunno.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 20 2006, 08:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 20 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 20 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]135371[/snapback]

I wrote to Stan and asked him WHY I can not access certain threads, this is his reply to me:

"There are few private forums such as people going through a divorce that are supporting each other, a mens forum just for men a womens forum just for women etc. None of them are really active right now, they go in spurts.
This is a user supported forum when it comes to expenses. We had to get our own server and have other expenses needed to run a forum. We also found that charging a token fee every month got rid of most of the 'drive by shooters' and other cyber-bullies who go crazy hiding being a keyboard.
Thanks for asking
Stan Jensen"

I wrote him back and asked why he didn't mention that the 3abn threads (all except a couple very benign ones) were not available.

His reply just came, this is what he said regarding that:

"there are 100+ forums do not really keep track of them... i suspect all the paying members can see anything 3abn.. there is a 30 day free trial...
If there are some hidden 3abn that you are aware of please let me know, it could be one of the other admin team did something with them.
Stan"

Hmmm..... dunno.gif

May, 2005

Dear Family of God,

Someone once said "God always gives His best to those who leave the choice to Him." I’ve been on the mountain top with Jesus, and I’ve been in the deepest of valleys with Jesus too, and I still find that no matter what, no matter where God gives me His best. In the mountains of success we sense the abundance of His blessings. Yet in the deepest valley we hear His voice and feel His touch. No wonder God says, "In everything give thanks." Another blessing that comes with the valley experience is we discover who our genuine friends are. For a season I faced my trials alone, but thank God for the internet! I’ve discovered, sensed and experienced the love of friends and family from around the world. Friends who previously loved me from a distance suddenly have come forward to make their love known. Prayer warriors who silently prayed in the closet for years suddenly have appeared. I cannot THANK YOU enough! Your emails are more than just emails, they are manifested gems of love and friendship! You are a blessing to me and your thoughtfulness is so much appreciated!!

I am starting this letter on a beautiful Sabbath afternoon. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the air is so fresh! I was so inspired with the church service this morning. By the way, God has placed me in such a wonderful, genuinely caring SDA church. It’s located in Springfield, Illinois which is just the place for me right now. (They have been putting me to work...and I love it!) But today was the day for the communion service. The Pastor read the words, "...the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed..." (1 Corinthians 11:23) The Webster’s says to betray means "to reveal disloyalty, to expose treacherously, to fail to uphold, to deceive..." How could it be that the sinless Jesus was betrayed?...and surprisingly it was by His closest friends, as well as the rest of the world? In Luke 22:14 the story goes like this, "Jesus said, "I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before My suffering begins. For I tell you now that I won’t eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God." So right here Jesus alerts us that there is a special message hidden in what took place in the upper room.

Then Jesus took bread, symbolic of His body, and He broke it and gave it to His disciples. Then He took wine, symbolic of His life-blood, and he also shared it with His friends. Then Jesus made a shocking announcement. He said, "But here at this table, sitting among us as a friend, is the man who will betray Me." (Luke 22:21) The disciples were visibly dismayed over this news and they immediately started to ask one another "Who is it?" Their questions then proceeded into a discussion of who among the disciples was "the greatest" among them. Jesus gently told them that the greatest of all is a servant. Then Jesus turned to Peter and said "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to Me again, strengthen your brothers. Peter said, "Lord I am ready to go to prison with You, and even to die with You. But Jesus said, "Peter, let Me tell you something, before the rooster crows tomorrow morning you will deny three times that you even know Me." (Luke 22:31-34)

Wow! There is so much here, but here are just a few important points. Although Jesus KNEW His disciples would betray Him, through His actions He said "Take My body, take My life-blood, take it all, I hold nothing back from you." Folks, this is LOVE!! Is there anything worse than being betrayed by those you "thought" loved you?? Inspite of the knowledge of this betrayal, Jesus LOVED and He loved deeply. Additionally He saw that although the disciples had been with Jesus for years, they still did not have a genuine loyalty and love for Jesus. (They were "fakes" and did not realize it.) But He was tender-hearted towards them. Let’s face it, how in the world could a conversation begin with "Who’s going to betray Jesus?" and end with "Who’s the greatest evangelist sitting at this table?" Obviously the lessons they had witnessed for many months gave them a head knowledge, but not a heart knowledge...and Jesus desperately wanted to do something about it. This is so evident in what comes next. Although Jesus said, "Simon, Simon..." I believe TODAY He is speaking to you and me. He says "Folks, Satan wants YOU! But I am praying for YOU...that you will be REAL, GENUINE and SINCERE...that the artificial, the superficial and the fake will vanish from your Christian experience!!"

Here is the question of all questions. If the disciples who walked with Jesus, who saw His miracles, who heard His sermons, who experienced the ultimate exposure to the "REAL THING," struggled with the "fake walk," what about YOU and what about ME? Some years ago there was a black-out in New York City. The electricity in many thousands of homes and businesses was out for a long period of time. All of a sudden something happened. The men who bustled down the crowded streets in their spiffy suits and the women who looked crisp and professional in their offices began to act completely out of character. Many began smashing store windows, looting, stealing and running off with treasures that they forgot to pay for with their credit cards. What happened? Only the lights going out in New York City generated the manifestation of a vicious animal instinct which was not apparent when the lights were on. It was this similar type of spirit that Jesus earnestly desired to flush out and make known to His followers. So as a result of these upper room events, the biggest, loudest most incredible BEWARE message in all of the scriptures was recorded! We see what happened next in the story. It was calamity time. The scene that soon followed was one where the disciples were surrounded by armed guards. Peter panicked and cut off a guard’s ear. Jesus was seized as if He were a criminal. So what did the "faithful and loyal" disciples do? They ran!

"But time and circumstances will surely prove us and bring to light the gold of character or discover the baser lower metal. Not one of us is known and read of all men till the crucible of God tests us. Every base thought, every wrong action reveals some defect in the character. These rugged traits must be brought under the chisel and hammer in God’s great workshop and the grace of God must smooth and polish before we can be fitted for a place in the glorious temple." (T4, 541) The Bible brings out that we ALL will suffer persecution, we ALL will be tried as gold in the fire and I personally believe we will all feel the heat of betrayal in the purification process. Our friends and loved ones will betray us, our bodies will betray us and become sick, our comfortable circumstances will betray us, the feeling of peace and safety in our nation will betray us, etc. But needless to say, we need to prepare for it! Many believe that Christianity is going to church every week, it’s paying our tithe, it’s giving a Bible study or teaching a class. I believe this is only boot-camp. All of these things are preparation for "the big one..." the testing experience which will shake our faith to its very roots.

The events of the last year shook my faith to its very roots. I saw myself as a good Christian considering my choices, my profession of faith, my Bible study, my exposure to the best of the best of what Christianity had to offer...but then I was betrayed...and betrayed to the UTTERMOST!! I was falsely accused, treated like a criminal, bugged, followed by private investigators, manipulated, insulted, lied about, harrassed, my name was dragged through the mud on a world-wide scale and much more. (Exaggeration? NO, Bizarre? yes!..and let me tell you it is difficult to maintain any type of dignity in a situation like this.) This experience shook my faith, melted my "self-image," attacked my health and well-being and literally ground the "me" I was to powder. Although I was a physical, emotional and mental mess I never let go of Jesus, or a better explanation is that He never let go of me. It was seemingly a hopeless situation. Rumors were circulated which were NOT true and the only voice I had to counteract them was my website. I was completely and absolutely devastated not only by the events that occurred, but by the thought of the millions of people who respected my ministry who were simply "crushed." I hurt for them...I died on the inside for a season...just DIED! It truly has been the darkest time of my life. But I’M BACK...with perspectives and insights I never had before. The Lord showed me clearly that there is a whole world full of Christians who think they are ready for "the shaking" when they are not. They think they are ready to go to prison and die for Jesus, but they are not. They think that they have "the REAL THING" when they don’t! If you know of someone who is "broken and bleeding in the middle of the road" but you choose to pass by on the other side of the road, you have a problem. If you don’t hesitate to put someone else down to make yourself look "the greatest," you have a problem. If you say you love God but it doesn’t show in your checkbook, you have a problem. But there is still time to make "the REAL THING" happen!!

How do we get the "REAL THING??" Psalm 40:2 says "He lifted me out of the slimy pit...He set my feet on a Rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Folks we NEED Jesus! We need not just a knowledge about Him, not just a good "Christian" routine, not just a life filled with a lot of "do goods," we NEED Jesus! We need time to talk to Him, time to meditate and hearts that are determined to LISTEN! God sees the big picture and we see just a tiny perspective. We don’t know who we are, what we need, where to go, what to do, what to say, what to choose...we are like babies who need our heavenly Father to completely take care of us...but we must give Him the time and the opportunity to do this. Will you do this today? Please know that I am praying for YOU. We need to stand shoulder to shoulder, side by side and "knee to knee" as we prepare for entering the world that really matters, that really counts. This world is just a comma, just a dash compared to the world which is to come. So make it a life-long priority to GET CLOSE to the One who earnestly longs to get close to YOU!! This is the BEST and the ONLY preparation for "the BIG ONE!"

His love and mine,

Linda Shelton

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 20 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

[quote name='summertime' post='135399' date='Jun 20 2006, 09:27 PM']

Wondering what things you are attempting to find and on what particular forum you are interested in. I found this letter on one of the forums on 3ABN and wanted to post it. It was one of the first letters she posted about a year ago on her website. I do not know if it is already posted on this BSDA or not---from May, 2005. If someone will let me know if it already has been posted I will edit it out. I seem to have some access on 3ABN on Club Adventist as of now. summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 20 2006, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 20 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #72

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Well thanks for the kind words. I know yall like it here because many of you CAers are here all the time. smile.gif Glad you where made to feel welcome.

I think paying to participate on a message board is a bad ideal. I have learned to never say never, but I have no plans to charge members. It really does not cost much to run these things. My cost is $16 per month to the ISP and $60 a year for the software license maintenance...that's it. I bigest cost is in my time. If the cost did get prohibited I will look for advertizers first.

CA does not show there statistics, but I can't believe they are anymore busier that here to the point where they would need their own server.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 20 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 20 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]135411[/snapback]

Well thanks for the kind words. I know yall like it here because many of you CAers are here all the time. smile.gif Glad you where made to feel welcome.

I think paying to participate on a message board is a bad ideal. I have learned to never say never, but I have no plans to charge members. It really does not cost much to run these things. My cost is $16 per month to the ISP and $60 a year for the software license maintenance...that's it. I bigest cost is in my time. If the cost did get prohibited I will look for advertizers first.

CA does not show there statistics, but I can't believe they are anymore busier that here to the point where they would need their own server.

Thank you, Calvin, for the nice words and encouragement that you have given to all of us---your generosity is beyond merit. I hope that we will not be a disappointment to you in any way and if the time comes when you have to say so, let it be.

There is a lot of politics on C/A and to the best of my knowledge it is not a non-profit making organization. Somebody is benefiting in a big way. We hope that you have many blessings for giving us a chance to vent and to encourage. It has given us a chance to make new friends. Maybe the problems over there come from too many peas in the pod. But thanks anyway, and God Bless You. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 21 2006, 06:10 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(summertime @ Jun 20 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]135399[/snapback]

May, 2005

Dear Family of God,

Someone once said "God always gives His best to those who leave the choice to Him." I’ve been on the mountain top with Jesus, and I’ve been in the deepest of valleys with Jesus too, and I still find that no matter what, no matter where God gives me His best. In the mountains of success we sense the abundance of His blessings. Yet in the deepest valley we hear His voice and feel His touch. No wonder God says, "In everything give thanks." Another blessing that comes with the valley experience is we discover who our genuine friends are. For a season I faced my trials alone, but thank God for the internet! I’ve discovered, sensed and experienced the love of friends and family from around the world. Friends who previously loved me from a distance suddenly have come forward to make their love known. Prayer warriors who silently prayed in the closet for years suddenly have appeared. I cannot THANK YOU enough! Your emails are more than just emails, they are manifested gems of love and friendship! You are a blessing to me and your thoughtfulness is so much appreciated!!
I am starting this letter on a beautiful Sabbath afternoon. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the air is so fresh! I was so inspired with the church service this morning. By the way, God has placed me in such a wonderful, genuinely caring SDA church. It’s located in Springfield, Illinois which is just the place for me right now. (They have been putting me to work...and I love it!) But today was the day for the communion service. The Pastor read the words, "...the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed..." (1 Corinthians 11:23) The Webster’s says to betray means "to reveal disloyalty, to expose treacherously, to fail to uphold, to deceive..." How could it be that the sinless Jesus was betrayed?...and surprisingly it was by His closest friends, as well as the rest of the world? In Luke 22:14 the story goes like this, "Jesus said, "I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before My suffering begins. For I tell you now that I won’t eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God." So right here Jesus alerts us that there is a special message hidden in what took place in the upper room.
Then Jesus took bread, symbolic of His body, and He broke it and gave it to His disciples. Then He took wine, symbolic of His life-blood, and he also shared it with His friends. Then Jesus made a shocking announcement. He said, "But here at this table, sitting among us as a friend, is the man who will betray Me." (Luke 22:21) The disciples were visibly dismayed over this news and they immediately started to ask one another "Who is it?" Their questions then proceeded into a discussion of who among the disciples was "the greatest" among them. Jesus gently told them that the greatest of all is a servant. Then Jesus turned to Peter and said "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to Me again, strengthen your brothers. Peter said, "Lord I am ready to go to prison with You, and even to die with You. But Jesus said, "Peter, let Me tell you something, before the rooster crows tomorrow morning you will deny three times that you even know Me." (Luke 22:31-34)
Wow! There is so much here, but here are just a few important points. Although Jesus KNEW His disciples would betray Him, through His actions He said "Take My body, take My life-blood, take it all, I hold nothing back from you." Folks, this is LOVE!! Is there anything worse than being betrayed by those you "thought" loved you?? Inspite of the knowledge of this betrayal, Jesus LOVED and He loved deeply. Additionally He saw that although the disciples had been with Jesus for years, they still did not have a genuine loyalty and love for Jesus. (They were "fakes" and did not realize it.) But He was tender-hearted towards them. Let’s face it, how in the world could a conversation begin with "Who’s going to betray Jesus?" and end with "Who’s the greatest evangelist sitting at this table?" Obviously the lessons they had witnessed for many months gave them a head knowledge, but not a heart knowledge...and Jesus desperately wanted to do something about it. This is so evident in what comes next. Although Jesus said, "Simon, Simon..." I believe TODAY He is speaking to you and me. He says "Folks, Satan wants YOU! But I am praying for YOU...that you will be REAL, GENUINE and SINCERE...that the artificial, the superficial and the fake will vanish from your Christian experience!!"
Here is the question of all questions. If the disciples who walked with Jesus, who saw His miracles, who heard His sermons, who experienced the ultimate exposure to the "REAL THING," struggled with the "fake walk," what about YOU and what about ME? Some years ago there was a black-out in New York City. The electricity in many thousands of homes and businesses was out for a long period of time. All of a sudden something happened. The men who bustled down the crowded streets in their spiffy suits and the women who looked crisp and professional in their offices began to act completely out of character. Many began smashing store windows, looting, stealing and running off with treasures that they forgot to pay for with their credit cards. What happened? Only the lights going out in New York City generated the manifestation of a vicious animal instinct which was not apparent when the lights were on. It was this similar type of spirit that Jesus earnestly desired to flush out and make known to His followers. So as a result of these upper room events, the biggest, loudest most incredible BEWARE message in all of the scriptures was recorded! We see what happened next in the story. It was calamity time. The scene that soon followed was one where the disciples were surrounded by armed guards. Peter panicked and cut off a guard’s ear. Jesus was seized as if He were a criminal. So what did the "faithful and loyal" disciples do? They ran!
"But time and circumstances will surely prove us and bring to light the gold of character or discover the baser lower metal. Not one of us is known and read of all men till the crucible of God tests us. Every base thought, every wrong action reveals some defect in the character. These rugged traits must be brought under the chisel and hammer in God’s great workshop and the grace of God must smooth and polish before we can be fitted for a place in the glorious temple." (T4, 541) The Bible brings out that we ALL will suffer persecution, we ALL will be tried as gold in the fire and I personally believe we will all feel the heat of betrayal in the purification process. Our friends and loved ones will betray us, our bodies will betray us and become sick, our comfortable circumstances will betray us, the feeling of peace and safety in our nation will betray us, etc. But needless to say, we need to prepare for it! Many believe that Christianity is going to church every week, it’s paying our tithe, it’s giving a Bible study or teaching a class. I believe this is only boot-camp. All of these things are preparation for "the big one..." the testing experience which will shake our faith to its very roots.
The events of the last year shook my faith to its very roots. I saw myself as a good Christian considering my choices, my profession of faith, my Bible study, my exposure to the best of the best of what Christianity had to offer...but then I was betrayed...and betrayed to the UTTERMOST!! I was falsely accused, treated like a criminal, bugged, followed by private investigators, manipulated, insulted, lied about, harrassed, my name was dragged through the mud on a world-wide scale and much more. (Exaggeration? NO, Bizarre? yes!..and let me tell you it is difficult to maintain any type of dignity in a situation like this.) This experience shook my faith, melted my "self-image," attacked my health and well-being and literally ground the "me" I was to powder. Although I was a physical, emotional and mental mess I never let go of Jesus, or a better explanation is that He never let go of me. It was seemingly a hopeless situation. Rumors were circulated which were NOT true and the only voice I had to counteract them was my website. I was completely and absolutely devastated not only by the events that occurred, but by the thought of the millions of people who respected my ministry who were simply "crushed." I hurt for them...I died on the inside for a season...just DIED! It truly has been the darkest time of my life. But I’M BACK...with perspectives and insights I never had before. The Lord showed me clearly that there is a whole world full of Christians who think they are ready for "the shaking" when they are not. They think they are ready to go to prison and die for Jesus, but they are not. They think that they have "the REAL THING" when they don’t! If you know of someone who is "broken and bleeding in the middle of the road" but you choose to pass by on the other side of the road, you have a problem. If you don’t hesitate to put someone else down to make yourself look "the greatest," you have a problem. If you say you love God but it doesn’t show in your checkbook, you have a problem. But there is still time to make "the REAL THING" happen!!
How do we get the "REAL THING??" Psalm 40:2 says "He lifted me out of the slimy pit...He set my feet on a Rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Folks we NEED Jesus! We need not just a knowledge about Him, not just a good "Christian" routine, not just a life filled with a lot of "do goods," we NEED Jesus! We need time to talk to Him, time to meditate and hearts that are determined to LISTEN! God sees the big picture and we see just a tiny perspective. We don’t know who we are, what we need, where to go, what to do, what to say, what to choose...we are like babies who need our heavenly Father to completely take care of us...but we must give Him the time and the opportunity to do this. Will you do this today? Please know that I am praying for YOU. We need to stand shoulder to shoulder, side by side and "knee to knee" as we prepare for entering the world that really matters, that really counts. This world is just a comma, just a dash compared to the world which is to come. So make it a life-long priority to GET CLOSE to the One who earnestly longs to get close to YOU!! This is the BEST and the ONLY preparation for "the BIG ONE!"
His love and mine,

Linda Shelton

Thanks Summertime for posting this. I have been able to find some of the old web pages from Linda's website at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://lindashelton.org . It may work for y'all too. The first links listed doen't work but don't get discouraged and give up. Most of them do work.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 21 2006, 06:21 AM

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 21 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

[quote name='lurker' post='135432' date='Jun 21 2006, 07:10 AM']
Sorry, I accidently did a double post trying to correct my spelling. Should be don't not doen't.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 21 2006, 06:26 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church