Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9773&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 9 (doing things for God)
watchbird
post Jun 16 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 15 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]134866[/snapback]

Ok, so, did I miss something? I know I haven't quite kept up, but is the consensus that Linda was abused. Just give me the Reader's Diegst version....Yes____ NO____

uhm.gif dunno.gif Now I'm confused. You ask for the "Reader's Digest Version", but then give a "check the correct answer" form.

The short "yes/no" answer is "Yes".

The "Reader's Digest Version" would be a tear-jerking review of the more striking examples of that abuse.

The weakness with the "Yes/no?" option is that it gives no indication as to how one should define abuse in this environment.

The weakness with the "Reader's Digest Version" would, in all probablility, be that while abuse might be clearly defined by the examples, it would focus on the grosser and more visible forms of abuse and quite possibly entirely ignore an analysis of those forms of abuse which injure, or even cripple, the psyche, but which may have more insiduous effects on those so abused than either physical or outright psychological harassment.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 16 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 15 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]134872[/snapback]

Ok, but I am just trying to to connect the two things in your statement below.

"Besides helping the people to whom these issues apply, it would also be a way to bring up the subject of Linda and her innocence."
I totally agree that she was at least emotionally abuse.

What that statement said to me was that since all the evidence that most people have access to is that which Danny and friends have been saying, and since Linda has been nearly invisible (leading many to assume that she is in hiding because of her guilt), then to have video seminar materials in which Linda is featured prominently in ministry, becomes evidence that Linda is not off somewhere doing the nefarious things she has been accused of, but is still devoted to ministry within the Adventist church.

And this makes an even greater statement than a personal appearance which she has herself scheduled, since Polly's Place is so closely linked with the "official" Adventist Conference structure.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 16 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Jun 15 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]134867[/snapback]

Well...it's official: 3ABN will no longer be carried by Sky Angel...
http://www.nadadventist.org/mondayfax

According to the Friday Fax from the North American Division:
3ABN has received the final word that they will not be back on the Sky Angel System. This is a good time to let your church members know that all is not lost. They can obtain a satellite dish package that includes 3ABN as well as many other Adventist channels that were not part of Sky Angel, with no monthly fees. This package includes the Hope Channel (Official Channel of the Church), Esperanza TV, 3ABN Latino, 3ABN English, ATN 1 and ATN/ACN 2 (Special Event Church Channels), LLBN (Loma Linda Broadcasting Network), LifeTalk Radio, 3ABN Radio, and Radio 74 International.
http://www.3abn.org/announcements.cfm
Sky Angel Update
NOTICE TO VIEWERS THAT WERE WATCHING 3ABN WITH SKY ANGEL SYSTEM ONLY.
Since April 14th, 2006, the 3ABN viewers using Sky Angel subscription, lost the ability to watch 3ABN channel on their system. The reason for it was a sudden loss of one transponder of the satellite EchoStar III. This satellite transponder broadcasts 10 of the 33 channels that Sky Angel offers. A few days later, Sky Angel was able to get only seven channels back on the air. Unfortunately for us, they chose 3ABN to be one of the three channels that were not going to be re-instated on the satellite backup transponder. Since then, Sky Angel has been working with EchoStar to try to get the other three channels back on the satellite but last Friday, May 26, we received the final word from Sky Angel that their negotiations with EchoStar had finished without getting the satellite space for the other 3 channels. Therefore, it is a final decision that 3ABN will not be back on the Sky Angel System. Although it is beyond our control, we apologize for this inconvenience to our Sky Angel viewers. The Life Time subscription that some of you purchased, is still valid and you can continue to watch the other channels Sky Angel has to offer. If you want to continue watching 3ABN, the only offer we have at this time is our own satellite system that is sold for $199.00.

I do know that we had the satellite put into our home so we can have Hope TV, and besides the $199.00 for the system we paid a very good price for the installer to come to our home, paid for the installation and for the home delivery mileage that it cost for him to come to do the job. If a person has someone with the knowledge who will not charge for his services, or if he has the wisdom to do it himself, I guess he could save the additional charge. But under any circumstances, this system probably will only be purchased by Adventists--it will not go to all the people who are interested in all the other aspects of Sky Angel, which I find very interesting--all religions and much interesting programming. One might say that it is a satallite without spin. As far as I know, Sky Angel is the only way to get Safe TV which has very good Sabbath Programming and is a wonderful station I believe that God has his hand in Sky Angel Programming.

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 16 2006, 07:56 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 16 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 16 2006, 07:16 AM) [snapback]134925[/snapback]

What that statement said to me was that since all the evidence that most people have access to is that which Danny and friends have been saying, and since Linda has been nearly invisible (leading many to assume that she is in hiding because of her guilt), then to have video seminar materials in which Linda is featured prominently in ministry, becomes evidence that Linda is not off somewhere doing the nefarious things she has been accused of, but is still devoted to ministry within the Adventist church.

And this makes an even greater statement than a personal appearance which she has herself scheduled, since Polly's Place is so closely linked with the "official" Adventist Conference structure.

If there are any first-time lurkers who missed looking in the BSDA Adventist Events section, here's the link to the Polly's Place event just mentioned for Sabbath, June 24, in Spokane, Washington:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9484

If you have friends in the Washington State area, they might wish to attend.

Linda Shelton can be reached through her Web site: http://www.lindashelton.org

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 16 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 15 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]134866[/snapback]

Ok, so, did I miss something? I know I haven't quite kept up, but is the consensus that Linda was abused. Just give me the Reader's Diegst version....Yes____ NO____

I think your Yes___ No____ option was quite appropriate given the fact that readers here and at CA have read enough to have clearly seen how and when she was abused. The answer is a resounding YES!

I praise God for having delivered her from the lions den. What happened to bring it on may have been necessary for HER to see Danny for "What" (Not Who) he is. She can now clearly see that she was sleeping with the enemy. She now can see his TRUE character! Surely WE have seen it by now.

With 100's of pages of information to read for proof, no one should be in the dark if they have read the information.

I likes the Yes___ No___ option. Very appropriate to my way of thinking. It has also crossed my mind that God let Linda experience the worst abuse possible so she could be able to relates to millions of others who have suffered abuse. I truly believe she is right where God wants her to be! She now has expert experience about abuse. It will change her and make her stronger.

Linda;

God bless you. Go with God every where He leads you. Every step you take will change lives of those being ministered to. You GO girl.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 16 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 16 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]134957[/snapback]

I likes the Yes___ No___ option. Very appropriate to my way of thinking. It has also crossed my mind that God let Linda experience the worst abuse possible so she could be able to relates to millions of others who have suffered abuse. I truly believe she is right where God wants her to be! She now has expert experience about abuse. It will change her and make her stronger.

Fran, your comments made me think that Linda's experience is similar to Joseph's experience in the dungeon after he had been falsely accused of immorality:

"But Joseph's real character shines out, even in the darkness of the dungeon. He held fast his faith and patience; his years of faithful service had been most cruelly repaid, yet this did not render him morose or distrustful. He had the peace that comes from conscious innocence, and he trusted his case with God.

He did not brood upon his own wrongs, but forgot his sorrow in trying to lighten the sorrows of others. He found a work to do, even in the prison. God was preparing him in the school of affliction for greater usefulness, and he did not refuse the needful discipline

In the prison, witnessing the results of oppression and tyranny and the effects of crime, he learned lessons of justice, sympathy, and mercy, that prepared him to exercise power with wisdom and compassion." Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 218

It is likely that God is preparing Linda for a great work in ministering to thousands of people, and her traumatic experiences will serve to give her credibility, insight and compassion.

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: Jun 16 2006, 04:27 PM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 16 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

'gracetoyou' said
Fran, your comments made me think that Linda's experience is similar to Joseph's experience in the dungeon after he had been falsely accused of immorality:

"But Joseph's real character shines out, even in the darkness of the dungeon. He held fast his faith and patience; his years of faithful service had been most cruelly repaid, yet this did not render him morose or distrustful. He had the peace that comes from conscious innocence, and he trusted his case with God.

He did not brood upon his own wrongs, but forgot his sorrow in trying to lighten the sorrows of others. He found a work to do, even in the prison. God was preparing him in the school of affliction for greater usefulness, and he did not refuse the needful discipline

In the prison, witnessing the results of oppression and tyranny and the effects of crime, he learned lessons of justice, sympathy, and mercy, that prepared him to exercise power with wisdom and compassion." Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 218

It is likely that God is preparing Linda for a great work in ministering to thousands of people, and her traumatic experiences will serve to give her credibility, insight and compassion.

http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...rt=&photo_id=86
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=87&sort=
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=88&sort=
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=89&sort=
yes.gif

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 16 2006, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 16 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Reader's Digest does or used to give the short vsersion of books. That used to be a term used to say give me the short answer.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 16 2006, 06:02 AM) [snapback]134924[/snapback]

uhm.gif dunno.gif Now I'm confused. You ask for the "Reader's Digest Version", but then give a "check the correct answer" form.

The short "yes/no" answer is "Yes".

The "Reader's Digest Version" would be a tear-jerking review of the more striking examples of that abuse.

The weakness with the "Yes/no?" option is that it gives no indication as to how one should define abuse in this environment.

The weakness with the "Reader's Digest Version" would, in all probablility, be that while abuse might be clearly defined by the examples, it would focus on the grosser and more visible forms of abuse and quite possibly entirely ignore an analysis of those forms of abuse which injure, or even cripple, the psyche, but which may have more insiduous effects on those so abused than either physical or outright psychological harassment.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 17 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 16 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]134979[/snapback]

'gracetoyou' said

yes.gif

Lurker!

Thank you for posting those pics! I needed to see those. Those pics reassured my faith that Linda was OK! All of them filled my heart with Joy. I wish I could be there! Guess that will have to wait until we reach the promised land.

Thank you again!

Linda!

You light up my life.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 17 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It's the Bear!!!! I had never seen Linda before.......she has a kind face..............I am glad Danny thinks he traded up............younger does not always mean better..........BTJM dunno.gif

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 16 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]134979[/snapback]

'gracetoyou' said

yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 17 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 17 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]135014[/snapback]

It's the Bear!!!! I had never seen Linda before.......she has a kind face..............I am glad Danny thinks he traded up............younger does not always mean better..........BTJM dunno.gif

Lurker (whoever you are) I have wept upon seeing Linda's face again after all this time. Thank you so much for providing these pictures of Linda, Darrell and Melissa. I have missed seeing her on 3ABN at 8:00 AM in the mornings. Seeing her look so well is like a breath of fresh air. I wish that I could have been there. Although I have never seen her in person, I think that we all feel like we know her and believe in her. Thank You Again. And Beartrap, we all believe in your goodness and honesty in supporting Linda and her work. summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 17 2006, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 17 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ Jun 16 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]134965[/snapback]

- - -

- - - -

Many years ago, when Linda was still fighting her bashfulness, she had a dream one night. The next day she told Danny her dream, just like Joseph had done. It seemed to her that some day she would become even more popular on TV than Danny was.

Danny did not like that dream, so he assured her that day would never come. Was that dream his nightmare?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jun 17 2006, 03:24 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 18 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 17 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]135031[/snapback]

Many years ago, when Linda was still fighting her bashfulness, she had a dream one night. The next day she told Danny her dream, just like Joseph had done. It seemed to her that some day she would become even more popular on TV than Danny was.

Danny did not like that dream, so he assured her that day would never come. Was that dream his nightmare?

I believe her dream came true before Danny tossed her out. The call center was receiving more calls about Linda than Danny. She was/is much better than Danny. In my opinion, he is rather disgusting. He has proved, at least to me, that he has no conscience! He isn't even ashamed or ruffled by what he has done. It is like he is on a "god" (small G) mission to climb his ladder as far as possible. Too bad if you get in the path.

I now worry about Brandy. I believe she pulled out her ace in the hole, and won the "battle", but she has never fought a "war" with the king of destruction. She is headed for hers since she forced Danny's hand. HE WILL give her, her just dues. 2guns.gif whip.gif It will be worse than Linda saw. I believe that because, "Power corrupts and Absolute Power, corrupts absolutely" .

He gives messages about his own sins but never even bat an eye. nopity.gif He feels he is above reproach. Oops! Great will be his fall. mf_sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 18 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 18 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]135056[/snapback]

I believe her dream came true before Danny tossed her out. The call center was receiving more calls about Linda than Danny. She was/is much better than Danny. In my opinion, he is rather disgusting. He has proved, at least to me, that he has no conscience! He isn't even ashamed or ruffled by what he has done. It is like he is on a "god" (small G) mission to climb his ladder as far as possible. Too bad if you get in the path.

I now worry about Brandy. I believe she pulled out her ace in the hole, and won the "battle", but she has never fought a "war" with the king of destruction. She is headed for hers since she forced Danny's hand. HE WILL give her, her just dues. 2guns.gif whip.gif It will be worse than Linda saw. I believe that because, "Power corrupts and Absolute Power, corrupts absolutely" .

He gives messages about his own sins but never even bat an eye. nopity.gif He feels he is above reproach. Oops! Great will be his fall. mf_sleep.gif

Fran, in what way did Brandy force Danny's hand? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 18 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(summertime @ Jun 18 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]135065[/snapback]

Fran, in what way did Brandy force Danny's hand? dunno.gif

I was reading this article about Prince Albert of Monaco. I thought it was interesting because, Albert, too, is 20 years older than the bride to be. She is 28 and he is 48. Statistically, I didn't realize there were so many Spring - Autumn marriages out there, where one partner is 20 or more years older than the other. Do these Spring - Autumn relationships last as long as when the partners are closer together in age? The Charles and Diana marriage, one of the more famous ones, didn't work.

I understand Brandy is about 34 and Danny about 54?

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?Stor...18-111712-3044r

Monaco awaits Grimaldi wedding bells

MONACO, Monaco, June 18 (UPI) --

The palace has so far refused to confirm or deny rumors swirling around the 48-year-old Grimaldi and the 28-year-old former breaststroke champion, the newspaper said.

The prince has been linked to more than 100 women through the years and only recently recognized his two illegitimate children, a 2-year-old Togolese son and 14-year-old U.S. daughter, the Times noted.

Monaco's constitution does not allow children born out of wedlock to sit on the throne, so it is important that Albert settle down and carry on the family name, The Times said.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 18 2006, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church