Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9773&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:17 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 9 (doing things for God)
Fran
post Jun 18 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 18 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]135077[/snapback]

I was reading this article about Prince Albert of Monoco. I thought it was interesting because, Albert, too, is 20 years older than the bride to be. She is 28 and he is 48. Statistically, I didn't realize there were so many Spring - Autumn marriages out there, where one partner is 20 or more years older than the other. Do these Spring - Autumn relationships last as long as when the partners are closer together in age? The Charles and Diana marriage, one of the more famous ones, didn't work.

I understand Brandy is about 34 and Danny about 54?

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?Stor...18-111712-3044r

Monaco awaits Grimaldi wedding bells

MONACO, Monaco, June 18 (UPI) --

The palace has so far refused to confirm or deny rumors swirling around the 48-year-old Grimaldi and the 28-year-old former breaststroke champion, the newspaper said.

The prince has been linked to more than 100 women through the years and only recently recognized his two illegitimate children, a 2-year-old Togolese son and 14-year-old U.S. daughter, the Times noted.

Monaco's constitution does not allow children born out of wedlock to sit on the throne, so it is important that Albert settle down and carry on the family name, The Times said.

Panama Pete;

Are you sure this dudes name is Grimaldi? Isn't his real name Shelton? The information sound's a lot like Danny's activities. I think Monaco will insist on DNA tests on those 2 children. Surely the DNA tests have all ready been done by either Brandy or Danny. I suppose that could be called an "Ace in the hole".

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 19 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 18 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]135077[/snapback]

I was reading this article about Prince Albert of Monaco. I thought it was interesting because, Albert, too, is 20 years older than the bride to be. She is 28 and he is 48. Statistically, I didn't realize there were so many Spring - Autumn marriages out there, where one partner is 20 or more years older than the other. Do these Spring - Autumn relationships last as long as when the partners are closer together in age? The Charles and Diana marriage, one of the more famous ones, didn't work.

[ . . .]

Monaco's constitution does not allow children born out of wedlock to sit on the throne, so it is important that Albert settle down and carry on the family name, The Times said.

wave.gif Hi Panama Pete, it seems to me you have juxtapositioned several different things, some moral, some cultural, some legal, some practical.

Let's take them one at a time.

Legal first:

The government of Monaco has a law that the hereditary throne can only be passed to a child who is born of legally married parents. Practicality steps in with the fact that a woman the same age as Albert would not be the best qualified physically to bear a normal child. (The rate of birth defects rises sharply starting around 40 years of age.) Hence the requirement for marriage and the choice of a younger woman as wife may or may not have anything to do with morality or love or companionship.

As for "Spring - Autumn" marriages.

There was a time when the culture expected a woman to marry, bear children for 10 to 12 years and die. They might end up with 10 or 12 live children, or they might end up with only one or two, but the almost continuous pregnancies took their toll and a large proportion of them died very early. When the widower looked for a new wife, she would most likely be another woman of childbearing age. And each time the cycle was repeated the age gap between man and wife increased.

As to partnership in marriage.

That is a relatively new concept. At the time Ellen White wrote, for example, few men thought of their wives as any kind of "partner" or thought in terms of "companionship". The idea that women were people was quite foreign to the men of the time, and men looked for women on the basis of what kind of possession they wanted--which could be anything from a gracious hostess able to manage the domestic servants to one who was essentially a "domestic servant" and who would bear him many sons.

With the freedom of women to be persons in their own right, the concept of equal partners gradually became accepted, though if one looks at a list of types of spouse abuse, it is apparent that "equal partners" is still not fully accepted, and with many is not even an ideal.

Joining the question of age difference with that of the concept of marriage as partnership.

It would seem that age difference is one of the less significant indicators of whether or not a couple will find true happiness, fidelity, and satisfaction in their marriage. I think of four specific examples where men in their late 60's married women much younger than themselves. One married the nurse who had cared for the man's wife through her final years of weakness and failing health, and she well knew that her task would be to do the same for the husband. Another was similar. In another, the man was younger and in robust health and they had so many happy years together before the age differential showed up seriously, that one tended to forget both the age difference and the fact that she had not been the "wife of his youth". Still another was the famous "China Doctor", Harry Miller, who was well into his 60's when his wife died and he returned briefly to the United States. He met and asked a 25 year old school teacher to be his wife. Everyone thought she was nutz. But Miller lived another 30 years plus, and their marriage lasted until "death did them part". The thing that all of these examples have in common is some very basic morality, integrity, fidelity, and honesty. And with all of them it was apparent that they had quality marriages based on the principle of marriage as partnership.

But there is another class which is entirely different.

Gail Sheehy, in her book, Passages, describes these. According to her study, men normally go through "passages" of life--those critical times when they are faced with decisions which have the potentiality to affect their whole future life. It has been a long time since I read it, but the part that has stuck with me described men who, when they came to these times of "passage" made decisions based on self-centered interest which were evident in their ditching (or being unfaithful to) their present spouse and taking up with another. What she noted was that when a man reacted to these times by choosing a wife or lover significantly younger than himself, that at each "passage" he would tend to choose those of greater difference in age than the previous ones. And you can figure for yourself where that ends up.

But back to Danny, where this all started.

It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure out which of the above scenarios apply.

The problem is not the age differential. That may be what attracts our attention. But that is not the problem. That is only a symptom of the problem. And only one symptom among many. Let's not get distracted from the real problems.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jun 19 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 18 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]135077[/snapback]

I was reading this article about Prince Albert of Monaco. I thought it was interesting because, Albert, too, is 20 years older than the bride to be. She is 28 and he is 48. Statistically, I didn't realize there were so many Spring - Autumn marriages out there, where one partner is 20 or more years older than the other. Do these Spring - Autumn relationships last as long as when the partners are closer together in age? The Charles and Diana marriage, one of the more famous ones, didn't work.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?Stor...18-111712-3044r

Monaco awaits Grimaldi wedding bells

MONACO, Monaco, June 18 (UPI) --

The palace has so far refused to confirm or deny rumors swirling around the 48-year-old Grimaldi and the 28-year-old former breaststroke champion, the newspaper said.

The prince has been linked to more than 100 women through the years and only recently recognized his two illegitimate children, a 2-year-old Togolese son and 14-year-old U.S. daughter, the Times noted.

Charles was not 20 years older than Diana, (he was born in Nov 1948, she July 1961). She was a young age just turned 20, he was 32. Their problem was not mainy a wide age gap but that the groom married cos he was under pressure, he needed a virgin bride & to produce heirs, plus he had a mistress, and the bride married for love but did not know the real score until it was too late. And we all know how things turned out. So even if she was the same age as himself their motives were different.

This post has been edited by Denny: Jun 19 2006, 07:05 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jun 19 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #49

Guests

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 18 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]135056[/snapback]
I now worry about Brandy. I believe she pulled out her ace in the hole, and won the "battle", but she has never fought a "war" with the king of destruction. She is headed for hers since she forced Danny's hand. HE WILL give her, her just dues. 2guns.gif whip.gif It will be worse than Linda saw. I believe that because, "Power corrupts and Absolute Power, corrupts absolutely" .

Will Danny pull out his worst tricks from his bag o' tricks and do something against Brandy to destroy her both body and soul? Did she blackmail him?

Without God these truths to be revealed to people like Sister and Fran, we would not know what happened, and so he has not withheld any good thing. The good people like Johann and Linda show good and the bad people show us how bad Satan and Danny is. It is like we are living in a Bible story. We should pray that we not fall and should use this story to warn us. Absolute corruption like Fran says has led to unspeakable acts that are so bad she cannot even tell us about them here. It is that bad.

But I trust sister and Fran and even though they are not prophets or what have you, they have received a word on this issue. I can feel it and they are sisters in our Lord. That does not mean everybody has come to the point whereby they might be believed. But I do believe and their words are sealed upon my mind.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Jun 19 2006, 09:19 AM

+Quote Post
Chez
post Jun 19 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 16 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]134979[/snapback]

'gracetoyou' said
Fran, your comments made me think that Linda's experience is similar to Joseph's experience in the dungeon after he had been falsely accused of immorality:

"But Joseph's real character shines out, even in the darkness of the dungeon. He held fast his faith and patience; his years of faithful service had been most cruelly repaid, yet this did not render him morose or distrustful. He had the peace that comes from conscious innocence, and he trusted his case with God.

He did not brood upon his own wrongs, but forgot his sorrow in trying to lighten the sorrows of others. He found a work to do, even in the prison. God was preparing him in the school of affliction for greater usefulness, and he did not refuse the needful discipline

In the prison, witnessing the results of oppression and tyranny and the effects of crime, he learned lessons of justice, sympathy, and mercy, that prepared him to exercise power with wisdom and compassion." Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 218

It is likely that God is preparing Linda for a great work in ministering to thousands of people, and her traumatic experiences will serve to give her credibility, insight and compassion.
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...rt=&photo_id=86
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=87&sort=
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=88&sort=
http://tsa.thischurch.org/mod/gallery/view...oto_id=89&sort=
yes.gif

Lurker,
I've been away for a few days. However, I want to thank you for the pictures of Linda. She looks great! May God continue to richly bless her.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 19 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Chez @ Jun 19 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]135220[/snapback]

Lurker,
I've been away for a few days. However, I want to thank you for the pictures of Linda. She looks great! May God continue to richly bless her.

And my thanks to the person who originally took the pictures. I also have been blessed by them.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 19 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

guess it's time to come off lurk mode!!! biggrin.gif no2.gif snack.gif sofa1.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 20 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:01 PM) [snapback]135250[/snapback]

guess it's time to come off lurk mode!!! biggrin.gif no2.gif snack.gif sofa1.gif

blink.gif spoton.gif welcome(1).gif clapping.gif
I've been waiting all night for "the other shoe to drop". What does "come off lurk mode" mean in this context. scratchchin.gif uhm.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 20 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 20 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]135270[/snapback]

blink.gif spoton.gif welcome(1).gif clapping.gif
I've been waiting all night for "the other shoe to drop". What does "come off lurk mode" mean in this context. scratchchin.gif uhm.gif

My guess would be selling woof tickets, to use the urban vernacular ( it's somewhat dated but still applies )... stirring the pot... generally for one's entertainment at the expense of others... but generally not for the purposes of adding something relevant or beneficial... that's not to say something relevant or beneficial cant ultimately come out of it tho...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 20 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:01 PM) [snapback]135250[/snapback]

If you are really off the "Lurk Mode" go to:

http://clubadventist.com/adventist/postlis...&Board=threeabn

There is a thread that had 21,804 Views a minute or so ago. I requested to have it bumped to the top so everyone can read a thread that is full of documented events. Do a time line. It takes time, but is well worth what it reveals.
--------------------------------------------------------
Pretend with me for a minute or two.

I am an accountant. (That part is true) I just got the position as the CFO of TBN. I handle the trust funds. I notice quickly that something is wrong. The holder of trust died. I found out about their death purely by accident. I got curious about how much they left to TBN. I go to the file and find this dead person is still receiving annuity payments! Someone had changed the address/account number of the person. Someone out there was receiving monthly payment in lieu of the dead person. It was as if this person had never died.

After much research I find this person is not the only one that was dead that was still receiving the monthly payments. Then I find that there is a trend. I checked to see just how many dead people were still receiving monthly annuities. WOW.

I began to follow the money trail and was shocked beyond measure to find the money ended up in many places, but then went to one account. Yep, that rascal was receiving all those annuities! In the millions! What should I do? The End of pretend.
-------------------------------------------------------
Another thing to keep in mind is that in 2001 3ABN did not report/post $ 2.45 + MILLION dollars and in 2002 the failed to report/post $ 1.7 + MILLION Dollars. Were those people involved with those amounts dead? Beats me? (FACTS from 3ABN's 2001 & 2002 IRS Form 990, the Non-Profit Tax Return)

I also noticed that Danny has hired a fellow in CA to handle their trusts now. I guess that is what one does when they are caught with their pants down in more ways than one???

Again, my apologies to those having trust funds with 3ABN. Especially the 2 ladies from Dallas that appeared on 3ABN a couple of weeks ago pushing the world to join them by putting their trust, and their wills, and their money, and what ever they have in their sweet little hands, into Danny's hands.

Back to the real world. I don't work for TBN or 3ABN! I just wanted to give you something to think about before you hit the Lurk mode again.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 20 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 20 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]135301[/snapback]

If you are really off the "Lurk Mode" go to:

http://clubadventist.com/adventist/postlis...&Board=threeabn

There is a thread that had 21,804 Views a minute or so ago. I requested to have it bumped to the top so everyone can read a thread that is full of documented events. Do a time line. It takes time, but is well worth what it reveals.

Unfortunately, the url you listed must only be available to members of CA. I clicked on it and received the reply: Access Denied. I think that excludes most of us here. Perhaps you would like to share some of the information yourself, for those of us unable to access the 3ABN private threads on CA?

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 20 2006, 12:55 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 20 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 20 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]135305[/snapback]

Unfortunately, the url you listed must only be available to members of CA. I clicked on it and received the reply: Access Denied. I think that excludes most of us here. Perhaps you would like to share some of the information yourself, for those of us unable to access the 3ABN private threads on CA?

I am a member over there, and I can not find this, and it also looks like they want money to belong there? I went to click on "3abn topics" and my access is denied. I am logged in there and can't read about this. Why?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 20 2006, 01:26 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 20 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 20 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]135305[/snapback]

The Forum "3ABN TOPICS" which contains the thread that Fran is doubtless talking about, has not only been put off limits for all but members--but even some long time members who have accessed it regularly since the beginning have had their access cut off. It seems that to read these topics one has to not only be a member, but be one that pays their monthly payments, and also one that has special permission to access that whole forum. For all others, the name of the Forum does not even appear on the menu. It is as though it did not exist.

I suggest that Fran either start a thread here into which she would put all these old historical posts from CA or add these CA posts to the one that Clay bumped to the top some weeks ago that started out with historical documents. If this is a larger task than what Fran wants to tackle at this time, perhaps there are others on BSDA who have access and could work with her to get things moved.

I agree they need to be put in a public place where all who are interested can see them. And CA is no longer that place.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 20 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 20 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]135308[/snapback]

I am a member over there, and I can not find this, and it also looks like they want money to belong there? I went to click on "3abn topics" and my access is denied. I am logged in there and can't read about this. Why?

I don' t know if it is the money or that one must have special access. I do know that Stan is making a big push for money. I am still a member and I still receive his weekly "This week on CA" emails. This is usually 4-5 urls with short "teasers" about them. However, the last paragraph on the last one began "FOR THOSE OF YOU who are not able to access all the forums that we provide links for, please consider taking out a subscription to Clubadventist. . . ." So it is not just the 3ABN TOPICS Forum that is closed to all except dues paying members, it looks as though Stan has moved from his "open reading for all, with posting reserved for dues paying members" policy, to a policy that does not even allowing reading unless one is a dues paying member.

I hope BSDA doesn't mind being integrated. For I suspect that Stan's new policies are going to substantially increase the membership of BSDA.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 20 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 20 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]135310[/snapback]

I don' t know if it is the money or that one must have special access. I do know that Stan is making a big push for money. I am still a member and I still receive his weekly "This week on CA" emails. This is usually 4-5 urls with short "teasers" about them. However, the last paragraph on the last one began "FOR THOSE OF YOU who are not able to access all the forums that we provide links for, please consider taking out a subscription to Clubadventist. . . ." So it is not just the 3ABN TOPICS Forum that is closed to all except dues paying members, it looks as though Stan has moved from his "open reading for all, with posting reserved for dues paying members" policy, to a policy that does not even allowing reading unless one is a dues paying member.

I hope BSDA doesn't mind being integrated. For I suspect that Stan's new policies are going to substantially increase the membership of BSDA.

We don't mind; it has long been the policy that one needed to be neither black nor SDA to be a member here... the forum name notwithstanding smile.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church