Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9818&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Sda Face For 3abn...., ....well our wishlist
princessdi
post Jul 12 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #61

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I think the problem is that the board are really the only ones who can take Danny down, but he has stacked it in his favor. The others on the pastorial staff have shown that they are spineless at best when they did not stand to him or quit from the manya nd varied "appearances of evil". This means that the even if Danny got a conscience and left, it would be more of the same, because those left would only continue to do as they were doing all along, in spite of Danny's absence.

Now, 3ABN may indeed have some programming issues when it comes to being relevant, but that is the least of their problems. It is unlikely that Danny, the board, and the present pastorial staff will all be replaced, and the station revamped. I dont' see any of them leaving quietly or otherwise.

Also, God IS using 3ABN inspite of Danny at this point. however as said before, how much sacrficing needs to be done "for the sake fo the ministry? Then there is my continueing concern that some rogue reporter will see some merit in taking down another crooked televangelist, no matter what denom(SDA may make a bigger story at that, we are one of the stranger ones)? The news mamgazine LOVE stuff like that!

The suggestion to revamp the shows instead of fixing the real problems sounds par for the course for us, though. Aren't we the one who move pastors in stead of removing them, when they have "issues"(when it is warranted, somethings can be worked out)? We never face the issues straight on. When cracks start to show, we get some super glue and paint and make it "look" better. Doesn't the Bible say something about pots with cracks and how they appear? scratchchin.gif I think there is something to being too optimistic, you know Pollyanna, burying ones head in the sand, and all that.

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 11 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]138842[/snapback]

3abn is more than Danny Shelton. Could not God use 3abn despite Danny? I see many are being blessed by the ministry, It is Written, the Net series, etc. Are we so intend on riding Danny from 3abn that we see only 3aqbn producing evil? That is taking a rather myopic view IMO.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 12 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 12 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]138943[/snapback]

The reason your suggestion does not make more sense is because Danny is the owner of 3ABN. You cannot change it without him -- unless you are planning on taking Brandy's place.

She's not young enough... and probably the wrong color... for Brandy's job at any rate...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 12 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 12 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]138971[/snapback]

She's not young enough... and probably the wrong color... for Brandy's job at any rate...

In His service,
Mr. J

Ya ain't kiddin' my friend, ain't ya?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 12 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #64

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 12 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]138849[/snapback]

Adolph Hitler did wonderful things for the average German citizen. Did the good things that the Nazi party did somehow justify the atrocities that they performed under Hitler? Could you somehow seperate Hitler from his party, vilify the man, and sanctify the party?

How about Saddam Hussein and the Baath party. Could you seperate the two, damning Hussein and canonizing the party? They ran a secular government (an anomoly in the middle east), and had the third largest standing army in the world (providing many jobs), and they also had a tremendous educational system. They did many good things.

Hitler founded and ran the Nazi party. Saddam established the fundamental oeration of the Baath party and ran it. Danny Shelton founded and runs 3ABN. Under the facade of the things that Adventists want to see and support financially, 3ABN is Danny Shelton, and Danny Shelton is 3ABN. Many times he has told me and others that 3ABN is Danny Shelton and Danny Shelton is 3ABN. This is his words. If he is evil, then it is evil. If he has maliciously sought to hurt and destroy people, then it has maliciously sought to hurt and destroy people. If He needs to be replaced, then it needs to be replaced.

So now a guy who (alleged) dumps his wife without biblical grounds, flies around in a company jet, (alleged) skims funds off the top, (alleged) mistreats employees is now somehow equated to mass murders and dictators that have committed crimes against humane? As Clay often says “interesting”.

I say alleged because I remain skeptical of much of what I have read here in the 3ABN threads. So let me start with the premise that I am not convinced Danny is this evil agent of the devil and needs to be removed as it appears that nearly 100% of you that post in these topics believe. All of the allegations can easily be dismissed the grumblings of formerly employees, an ex-son-in-law, and Linda Shelton sympathizers with an axe to grind. You have the COB letter explaining the divorce, maybe true and maybe not. I suspect the truth of this whole saga is somewhere in between, and we will probably never really know.

No doubt that Danny runs 3ABN, it is his private company and he is not really answerable to anyone but his handpicked board. But this is the case for most private businesses. 3ABN is still more than Danny, it is the programs more that the man that defined 3ABN. Despite what is said about Danny and his faults his ministry continues to remain Bible based, Christ-centered and mainstream or right of mainstream Adventist.

From this quarter’s first Sabbath School lesson we learn that there are good and evil forces on the earth. But none of us can say with certainly which forces are leading 3ABN now, I know I can’t. I know that the Lord has a thousand whys to finish his work, and He can accomplish it with or without Danny Shelton or 3ABN. I don’t put any limits on what He can use or won’t use. I know from my own family experiences. Had it not been for a drunken, lowdown uncle of mind who by accident introduced my grandmother to Message Magazine we may never have learned of the Advent message that all the precious truth associated with it. My grandmother who will be 99yo next month, has witnessed 4 generations of Seventh-day Adventist in her family.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 12 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 12 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]138987[/snapback]

So now a guy who (alleged) dumps his wife without biblical grounds, flies around in a company jet, (alleged) skims funds off the top, (alleged) mistreats employees is now somehow equated to mass murders and dictators that have committed crimes against humane? As Clay often says “interesting”.

I say alleged because I remain skeptical of much of what I have read here in the 3ABN threads. So let me start with the premise that I am not convinced Danny is this evil agent of the devil and needs to be removed as it appears that nearly 100% of you that post in these topics believe. All of the allegations can easily be dismissed the grumblings of formerly employees, an ex-son-in-law, and Linda Shelton sympathizers with an axe to grind. You have the COB letter explaining the divorce, maybe true and maybe not. I suspect the truth of this whole saga is somewhere in between, and we will probably never really know.

No doubt that Danny runs 3ABN, it is his private company and he is not really answerable to anyone but his handpicked board. But this is the case for most private businesses. 3ABN is still more than Danny, it is the programs more that the man that defined 3ABN. Despite what is said about Danny and his faults his ministry continues to remain Bible based, Christ-centered and mainstream or right of mainstream Adventist.

From this quarter’s first Sabbath School lesson we learn that there are good and evil forces on the earth. But none of us can say with certainly which forces are leading 3ABN now, I know I can’t. I know that the Lord has a thousand whys to finish his work, and He can accomplish it with or without Danny Shelton or 3ABN. I don’t put any limits on what He can use or won’t use. I know from my own family experiences. Had it not been for a drunken, lowdown uncle of mind who by accident introduced my grandmother to Message Magazine we may never have learned of the Advent message that all the precious truth associated with it. My grandmother who will be 99yo next month, has witnessed 4 generations of Seventh-day Adventist in her family.

My comments disappeared, but now I see that others have made some good comments.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 12 2006, 09:34 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jul 12 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

As far as I can tell, anyone who has relatives working at 3ABN had better hold up the faith of 3ABN or the relative may find himself in line for the same thing that happened to Linda. If I had relatives working for 3ABN I would not hesitate to defend as long as my relative is connected with Danny in any way. Sometimes we do not fear for ourselves as quickly as we fear for those we love. who could be in harm's way. I do believe that is what is holding a lot of definite stories about the problems at 3ABN under cover---to protect friends and loved ones. Can't blame them really, can we?

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 12 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 12 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]138987[/snapback]

Calvin,

I hear what you're saying and I agree that the Lord can use anyone or anything to finish His work...but I'm wondering if Danny's reputation isn't so damaged that he just can't be effective in ministry anymore (at least not at 3ABN), even on the off chance that he is innocent of all these accusations. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, so it makes me believe that something rotten went down at 3ABN. I remember when a pastor who I really thought highly of was accused of having an affair with a church member. I talked with my Dad about it quite a bit because I was really devastated by the whole situation and he said that one of the things pastors, elders, and anybody in a leadership or visible position in church ministry has to do is always avoid the appearance of evil. Perception is reality, and if people perceive (rightly or wrongly) that 3ABN is a den of iniquity then it becomes their reality. In this case perception and reality are so blurred I doubt that 3ABN could ever emerge from this scandal unscathed dunno.gif .

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 12 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

the grounds for divorce.... "spiritual adultery." Let's start there.... there is NO SUCH animal.... so while thats the hook he hung his hat on, it is a weak excuse.....

Think of Mr. Shelton what you may, but there is no such thing as spiritual adultery....

Additionally if he didnt have anything to hide, if he were on the up and up, then he wouldn't have to hide behind a gag order....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 12 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 12 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]138987[/snapback]

Despite what is said about Danny and his faults his ministry continues to remain Bible based, Christ-centered and mainstream or right of mainstream Adventist.

If you believe this statement, are you going to help Danny pay for the jet fuel expenses so that he can visit his dentist on the West Coast or fly to a basketball game in Salt Lake City?

Maybe 3ABN is Christ-centered, but not that Christ-centered that you would want to pick up the tab?

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 12 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #70

Guests

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 12 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]138987[/snapback]

Despite what is said about Danny and his faults his ministry continues to remain Bible based, Christ-centered and mainstream or right of mainstream Adventist.
The question is whether his ministry represents what the Creator represents.

I don’t put any limits on what He can use or won’t use. I know from my own family experiences. Had it not been for a drunken, lowdown uncle of mind who by accident introduced my grandmother to Message Magazine we may never have learned of the Advent message that all the precious truth associated with it. My grandmother who will be 99yo next month, has witnessed 4 generations of Seventh-day Adventist in her family.

By that reasoning you should be advocating drunkenness.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 12 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 13 2006, 01:54 AM) [snapback]139006[/snapback]

Calvin,

I hear what you're saying and I agree that the Lord can use anyone or anything to finish His work...but I'm wondering if Danny's reputation isn't so damaged that he just can't be effective in ministry anymore (at least not at 3ABN), even on the off chance that he is innocent of all these accusations. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, so it makes me believe that something rotten went down at 3ABN. I remember when a pastor who I really thought highly of was accused of having an affair with a church member. I talked with my Dad about it quite a bit because I was really devastated by the whole situation and he said that one of the things pastors, elders, and anybody in a leadership or visible position in church ministry has to do is always avoid the appearance of evil. Perception is reality, and if people perceive (rightly or wrongly) that 3ABN is a den of iniquity then it becomes their reality. In this case perception and reality are so blurred I doubt that 3ABN could ever emerge from this scandal unscathed dunno.gif .

One of our early General Conference presidents resigned when his unmaried daughter got pregnant. Would that be applicable today?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 12 2006, 09:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 12 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Dumping his wife, using the jet, and the other stuff you mention has very little to do with it. What I know is from years of up close, personal observation and experience, and the malicious side of Danny Shelton and his 3ABN is beyond what most people could believe without experiencing it themselves.

Yes, Danny is an evil man, and yes I equate him with Hitler, Saddam Hussein, and other mass murderers. Understanding that no person on this forum knows him as well as I do on a very close personal level, I don't expect you or anyone else to grasp what I am saying, but yes, Danny Shelton is fundamentally the same thing as many of the most vicious dictators in the history of mankind, and no matter what justification you may try to give to the evil empire that he created, it is a whited sepuchre. No change of programming will be anything more than a new coat of white paint. You say that no one can know which force is leading 3ABN? Well I know. The god of 3ABN is nothing that I care to worship and I will not promote or further that god in any way. Any god that requires human sacrifice is my enemy. The god of 3ABN may hide under the name of Jehovah pretending to be the great last hope for the end time that so many adventists blindly wonder after, but his real name is Danny Shelton. Not Jesus, God, or the Great I Am, just Danny Shelton... the real god of 3ABN.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 12 2006, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 12 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 12 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]138962[/snapback]

Also, God IS using 3ABN inspite of Danny at this point. however as said before, how much sacrficing needs to be done "for the sake fo the ministry? Then there is my continueing concern that some rogue reporter will see some merit in taking down another crooked televangelist, no matter what denom(SDA may make a bigger story at that, we are one of the stranger ones)? The news mamgazine LOVE stuff like that!

It is my continueing concern that some good reporter is not taking down another rogue televangelist.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 12 2006, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 12 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 12 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]139015[/snapback]

the grounds for divorce.... "spiritual adultery." Let's start there.... there is NO SUCH animal.... so while thats the hook he hung his hat on, it is a weak excuse.....

Think of Mr. Shelton what you may, but there is no such thing as spiritual adultery....

Additionally if he didnt have anything to hide, if he were on the up and up, then he wouldn't have to hide behind a gag order....

yes.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 12 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]139041[/snapback]

One of our early General Conference presidents resigned when his unmaried daughter got pregnant. Would that be applicable today?

dunno.gif When my friend got pregnant out of wedlock, her father, an elder, resigned as PM leader, but the pastor and elders convinced him that stepping down as elder was not necessary...

...as far as pastors go, I've seen pastors have affairs with church members, mismanage funds (in conference positions) and the like, but none of them were fired...they were "reassigned"...that is not the same thing as getting fired to me..."no"...

...let us remember my friend whose now wife got pregnant before their wedding...she was a teacher in an SDA school...she was fired when she announced she was pregnant because they were engaged and not yet married...we discussed that in a thread here on BSDA...

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 13 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I would like to see the Word of Praise Network finally come to fruition....the perspective of Pastor Whintley Phipps, who is responsible for the implementation, will bring some balance and "center" to the way in which Seventh-day Adventists are portrayed and their spiritual concerns, lifestyle, worship services, etc.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church