Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9818&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Sda Face For 3abn...., ....well our wishlist
Johann
post Jul 13 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 13 2006, 08:38 AM) [snapback]139060[/snapback]

I would like to see the Word of Praise Network finally come to fruition....the perspective of Pastor Whintley Phipps, who is responsible for the implementation, will bring some balance and "center" to the way in which Seventh-day Adventists are portrayed and their spiritual concerns, lifestyle, worship services, etc.

We trust that he will not be unduely inluenced by the million dollars Danny Shelton gave him.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 13 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 13 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]139060[/snapback]

I would like to see the Word of Praise Network finally come to fruition....the perspective of Pastor Whintley Phipps, who is responsible for the implementation, will bring some balance and "center" to the way in which Seventh-day Adventists are portrayed and their spiritual concerns, lifestyle, worship services, etc.

What makes you think that another 3ABN network will be any different than the others. Phipps is another facade... another coat of paint on the sepulchre. World of Praise falls directly under Danny Shelton, who gave Phipps a job just like he has given many other people jobs. They come, and they go at the whim of Danny.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 13 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 13 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]139101[/snapback]

What makes you think that another 3ABN network will be any different than the others. Phipps is another facade... another coat of paint on the sepulchre. World of Praise falls directly under Danny Shelton, who gave Phipps a job just like he has given many other people jobs. They come, and they go at the whim of Danny.

let me requote myself.....

bottomline.... things don't change at 3abn unless Mr. Shelton gives a green light to those changes..... one does not have to be "visionary" to "see" that...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 13 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #79

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 13 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]139104[/snapback]

let me requote myself.....

bottomline.... things don't change at 3abn unless Mr. Shelton gives a green light to those changes..... one does not have to be "visionary" to "see" that...

What vision... with the blind leading the blind?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 13 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 13 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]139065[/snapback]

We trust that he will not be unduely inluenced by the million dollars Danny Shelton gave him.

United State Dream Academy
EIN 59-3514841
Form 990 for Year 2003

I think Mr. Wintley Phipps and Mr. Danny Shelton function, or attempt to function, in a world to which most of you will have no access. You will be able to peer into it only on rare occasions.

http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/...r=200312&rt=990

Wintley Phipps salary is listed at $130,000 and is listed on page 19. There's more information to interpret here, but I don't have the time at the moment.

The board members are listed.

http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/...r=200212&rt=990
United States Dream Academy
EIN 59-2514841
Form 990 for Year 2002

In 2002 , Form 990 for United States Dream Academy has Mr. Phipps at a salary of $170,142 on page 23.

In 2004 , Mr. Phipps is a salary listed at $130,000 on page 14.

http://204.203.220.33/EINS/593514841/59351...04_01eada24.PDF

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 13 2006, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 13 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #81

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 13 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]139060[/snapback]

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 13 2006, 08:07 AM) [snapback]139101[/snapback]

I would like to hear more about this proposed Word of Praise Network. I had heard that Phipps was thinking of some such thing, but I had not realized that it would be only another one of 3ABN's affiliated networks. Please explicate further. What are the plans? How far along are they? Who is involved? And anything else anyone knows (or has heard) about it.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 13 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Well--there goes my illusions that Wintley Phipps was an ordinary SDA minister who was using his extra-ordinary gift of song for the Lord. blowup.gif

Do tell us more. I'm not particularly gifted in interpreting finances, but "full time position" as president of this organization doesn't exactly seem like something a minister could do "on the side". Is he then no longer in denominational employ as a minister?

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 13 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]139129[/snapback]

United State Dream Academy
EIN 59-3514841
Form 990 for Year 2003

I think Mr. Wintley Phipps and Mr. Danny Shelton function, or attempt to function, in a world to which must of you will have no access. You will be able to peer into it only on rare occasions.

http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/...r=200312&rt=990

Wintley Phipps salary is listed at $130,000 and is listed on page 19. There's more information to interpret here, but I don't have the time at the moment.

The board members are listed.

http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/...r=200212&rt=990
United States Dream Academy
EIN 59-2514841
Form 990 for Year 2002

In 2002 , Form 990 for United States Dream Academy has Mr. Phipps at a salary of $170,142 on page 23.

In 2004 , Mr. Phipps is a salary listed at $130,000 on page 14.

http://204.203.220.33/EINS/593514841/59351...04_01eada24.PDF

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 13 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 13 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]139131[/snapback]

Well--there goes my illusions that Wintley Phipps was an ordinary SDA minister who was using his extra-ordinary gift of song for the Lord. blowup.gif

Do tell us more. I'm not particularly gifted in interpreting finances, but "full time position" as president of this organization doesn't exactly seem like something a minister could do "on the side". Is he then no longer in denominational employ as a minister?

Page 6, 3ABN World , August 2005

"Summary of Expansion Goals" (note: 25 pages take time to download in PDF format).

http://www.3abn.org/pdf/3ABN-World-2005-08.pdf

"Pastor Wintley Phipps, the visionary president of the U.S. Dream Academy, leads the team who are developing the new 3ABN World of Praise Network. Plans call for studios in Florida that will provide 24-hour programming for urban audiences."

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 13 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 13 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]139131[/snapback]

IPB Image

http://www.pcsda.org/pc_campmeeting/CampMeetingMusic.asp

Quote:
"He currently serves as the senior pastor of the Palm Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church in Florida."

I suspect, therefore, he's also earning a full-time salary as an Adventist pastor.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 13 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

everyone is trying to "get paid" as we say.... I'm not hatin per se.... I hope he scrutinizes the alliances he makes or has to make....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 13 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #86

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 13 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]139140[/snapback]

everyone is trying to "get paid" as we say.... I'm not hatin per se.... I hope he scrutinizes the alliances he makes or has to make....

"Has to" or chooses to? dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 13 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #87

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 12 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]139006[/snapback]

Calvin,

I hear what you're saying and I agree that the Lord can use anyone or anything to finish His work...but I'm wondering if Danny's reputation isn't so damaged that he just can't be effective in ministry anymore (at least not at 3ABN), even on the off chance that he is innocent of all these accusations. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, so it makes me believe that something rotten went down at 3ABN. I remember when a pastor who I really thought highly of was accused of having an affair with a church member. I talked with my Dad about it quite a bit because I was really devastated by the whole situation and he said that one of the things pastors, elders, and anybody in a leadership or visible position in church ministry has to do is always avoid the appearance of evil. Perception is reality, and if people perceive (rightly or wrongly) that 3ABN is a den of iniquity then it becomes their reality. In this case perception and reality are so blurred I doubt that 3ABN could ever emerge from this scandal unscathed dunno.gif .

I don’t think Danny’s reputation has been tarnished much. The divorce and re-marriage is old news. The COB letter explained it away. People have brought the explanation and moved on. All the other stuff written about him is well, hearsay that most people don’t know about or care. I would say most BSDAers don’t care much about this story. We have a few hundred people following these threads at best…and although the most vocal of those posting believe Danny must go, I don’t believe they represent the opinion of the Adventist church at-large.

The 10 Commandment Day production received rave reviews. He is given much gratitude for giving away millions of the 10 Commandment books. People still flocked to his campmeeting. I send my mother some money so she could attend. The Mark Finley, Doug Batcheror, Walter Perison’s of the Adventist world have not abandoned him with their ministries. In the scheme of things, what a few vocal folks say on BSDA does not carry much influence.

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 12 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]139025[/snapback]

The question is whether his ministry represents what the Creator represents.

By that reasoning you should be advocating drunkenness.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D, you are a very well educated and smart man. You knew exactly was I meant in the context of how the statement was made and so did everyone else.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 13 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #88

Guests

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 13 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]139143[/snapback]

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D, you are a very well educated and smart man. You knew exactly was I meant in the context of how the statement was made and so did everyone else.

And by virtue of these very alphabetical fragments that seem to get your goat I am qualified to expose the flaw in your reasoning. You can learn or you can remain where you are. The choice is yours.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 13 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #89

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 13 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]139148[/snapback]

And by virtue of these very alphabetical fragments that seem to get your goat I am qualified to expose the flaw in your reasoning. You can learn or you can remain where you are. The choice is yours.

NEGRO PLEASE!!

Pit. You are so full of yourself that you don’t recognize when someone is mocking you, not envious of you.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 13 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #90

Guests

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 13 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]139186[/snapback]

NEGRO PLEASE!!

Pit. You are so full of yourself that you don’t recognize when someone is mocking you, not envious of you.

It is physically impossible for any of us to be filled with anything else than ourselves. That you would admit to such puerile behavior is astounding.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church