Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9823&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:11 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Televangelist, unedited orginal document in it's entirety
watchbird
post Jul 9 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 9 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]138342[/snapback]

Watchbird, look again. I've got a diamond buried in that gravel. yes.gif

http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1596971,00.html

"Prevented by legal agreement [gag order] from writing about her famous husband, Ivana Trump commissions a ghost-writer to write a novel about the break-up of her marriage ."

I hope to see SOP used again in the future by someone we know.. smile.gif

oops.gif doh.gif And so you do. Thanks. I sure missed that one!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jul 9 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

[quote name='watchbird' date='Jul 9 2006, 09:16 AM' post='138317']
rofl1.gif There you go again, Johann, exibiting your skills as a "master of understatement". "his story with some mistakes in it" indeed. boxing.gif I think the actual words he used were furious.gif pungent variants of "lies" and "liar", with his crybaby.gif rant against it extending for a considerable length of time. He was so sure that he knew exactly who wrote it, and who had "dictated" it to the "author"

Might Danny be surprised if he only knew---the weakest of the weak (and then some)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 9 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 9 2006, 06:12 AM) [snapback]138309[/snapback]

Danny made the "mistake" shortly after this story was written, of admitting on a TV show that this was his story, and not the story of anyone else of the thousands of televangelists in the world. . . He claimed some of it was false!

Interesting how Danny keeps putting his foot in his mouth. So, based upon the first person witness of "The 3ABN Televangelist" it is his story and only some of it is false? Extrapolating upon that statement it means, by Danny's own admission, the majority of it is true. Any comments concerning the content of the document?

Johann, didn't Danny accuse you of being the author? I am sure there is more you can add to the story... Including email or letter documentation written by Danny himself?

This post has been edited by sister: Jul 9 2006, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 9 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

roflmao.gif Johann said, "Who could be more foolish than the man who finds a critical anonymous book, and says to the whole world, 'Hey, this book is about me!'"

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 9 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

roflmao.gif Johann said, "Who could be more foolish than the man who finds a critical anonymous book, and says to the whole world, 'Hey, this book is about me!'"

Yea that speaks volumes to me. Maybe Danny needs Clay's Sign!!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 9 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 9 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]138360[/snapback]

Ho there, you still aren't quoting him accurately--or at least not completely. We need a more complete picture--along with a little sound effects and drama. Try it this way... (not a transcription, of course).

"Boo hoo crybaby.gif sob (broken voice here), Someone has written this book full of lies and made it look as though it was all about me. But it's NOT (raise volume), it's NOT, I say! furious.gif It's all just a pack of lies--and you know who is the father of lies. It's the devil hard at work to discredit this ministry. Ah, but I shall rise above it all. angel.gif Surely the Lord is blessing this ministry and nothing shall be allowed to stand in its way. no.gif This persecution will result in additional glory to His name (and additional offerings from your pocketbooks). I know you will continue to support me through this hour of trial and the indignities that the demon inspired writer of this document has inflicted upon me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. thankyou.gif Thank you.

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jul 9 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]138376[/snapback]

Yea that speaks volumes to me. Maybe Danny needs Clay's Sign!!

You mean the one that says "I'm stupid"?

Not on your life. At least not unless you add another line--"like a fox with a large bag standing guard at the hen house."

Hey....look back at the closing lines of part 6 of The Televangelist. Picture it if you will. Here is a man whose wife has just died--giving a concert with his daughter whose mother has just been killed in the same accident which left her a broken arm. It's been only two weeks. (How long does it take to grieve for your mom when you are 12 years old?) But "the show must go on". And the bravery of the little girl who holds up her cast for all to see when her father describes the wreck opens the pocketbooks wider than when there were three of them doing the "show".

And we expect to figure out what goes on in this man's head?

I don' t think so.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 9 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 9 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]138383[/snapback]

Ho there, you still aren't quoting him accurately--or at least not completely. We need a more complete picture--along with a little sound effects and drama. Try it this way... (not a transcription, of course).

"Boo hoo crybaby.gif sob (broken voice here), Someone has written this book full of lies and made it look as though it was all about me. But it's NOT (raise volume), it's NOT, I say! furious.gif It's all just a pack of lies--and you know who is the father of lies. It's the devil hard at work to discredit this ministry. Ah, but I shall rise above it all. angel.gif Surely the Lord is blessing this ministry and nothing shall be allowed to stand in its way. no.gif This persecution will result in additional glory to His name (and additional offerings from your pocketbooks). I know you will continue to support me through this hour of trial and the indignities that the demon inspired writer of this document has inflicted upon me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. thankyou.gif Thank you.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 9 2006, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 9 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sister @ Jul 9 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]138349[/snapback]

Interesting how Danny keeps putting his foot in his mouth. So, based upon the first person witness of "The 3ABN Televangelist" it is his story and only some of it is false? Extrapolating upon that statement it means, by Danny's own admission, the majority of it is true. Any comments concerning the content of the document?

Johann, didn't Danny accuse you of being the author? I am sure there is more you can add to the story... Including email or letter documentation written by Danny himself?

I have a number of e-mails from Danny where he accuses me of being the author of the Televangelist. Also where he threatens to take me to court. His "proof" that I wrote it is that the fictionalized author's name begins with J like in Johann

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 10 2006, 05:21 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 10 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif You are cracking me up here but that is pretty close to what he said or the parts I caught anyways!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 10 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

even if I thought it were about me, I would probably not say a word....

reminds me of this song:

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and...

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive
Well you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me
I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

Don't you? Don't You? Don't You?

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

Don't you? Don't You?

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife from a close friend, and...

Don't you? Don't You? Don't you?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jul 10 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
Watchbird, maybe you should be his writer!!! That sounded so much like him...
rofl1.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 10 2006, 05:22 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Jul 10 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]138413[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
Watchbird, maybe you should be his writer!!! That sounded so much like him...
rofl1.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif

I second that motion.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 10 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #28

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

If the author was available for comment it would be nice to have him/her here for an interview. The "Adventist Events and Announcements" is just the place for it. I am sure Calvin would be glad to hear from the writer and could work something out. It's just a thought. smile.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jul 10 2006, 08:30 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 10 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 10 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]138430[/snapback]

If the author was available for comment it would be nice to have him/her here for an interview. The "Adventist Events and Announcements" is just the place for it. I am sure Calvin would be glad to hear from the writer and could work something out. It's just a thought. smile.gif

Surely you do not think "the author" is unaware of what use is being made of his document on BSDA. For over a year now, "the author" has preferred to stay anonymous, always speaking of himself in the third person and keeping alive the mistique of anonymity. If or when he decides to reveal himself, I suspect that BSDA might be one of the first places he does so. But until then I think we would do best to allow a number of persons to comment on the document without playing any guessing games, even in the hidden recesses of our minds, as to who the author might be. If you bring your questions about it here where Sister posted it, I am sure that he will see them and will be making sure that someone gives the answers he would want given if he were answering in person.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 10 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Why can't he/she come and post here under an alias as sister and others are doing? I ask as I would rather hear from this person directly, rather than through somebody else.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jul 10 2006, 09:51 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church