Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9823&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Televangelist, unedited orginal document in it's entirety
Clay
post Jul 10 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]138455[/snapback]

Why can't he/she come and post here under an alias as sister and others are doing? I ask as I would rather hear from this person directly, rather than through somebody else.

there is no indication that he or she isn't already.... they very well be posting under an alias....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 10 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #32

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 10 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]138435[/snapback]

Surely you do not think "the author" is unaware of what use is being made of his document on BSDA. For over a year now, "the author" has preferred to stay anonymous, always speaking of himself in the third person and keeping alive the mistique of anonymity. If or when he decides to reveal himself, I suspect that BSDA might be one of the first places he does so. But until then I think we would do best to allow a number of persons to comment on the document without playing any guessing games, even in the hidden recesses of our minds, as to who the author might be. If you bring your questions about it here where Sister posted it, I am sure that he will see them and will be making sure that someone gives the answers he would want given if he were answering in person.

smile.gif Actually, I am not suggesting that "the author" reveal himself. Calvin and the person in question can work out the details regarding how he might answer questions here, if he were inclined to do so. As I said, it's just a thought. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 10 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 10 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]138465[/snapback]

smile.gif Actually, I am not suggesting that "the author" reveal himself. Calvin and the person in question can work out the details regarding how he might answer questions here, if he were inclined to do so. As I said, it's just a thought. yes.gif

Perhaps he might not want to reveal himself to Calvin either. If he were inclined to do so, he could sign on as "the author" and answer questions so long as they kept coming. I fail to see any reason for having a "formal interview" with him.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 10 2006, 10:14 AM

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 10 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]138455[/snapback]

Why can't he/she come and post here under an alias as sister and others are doing? I ask as I would rather hear from this person directly, rather than through somebody else.

Daryl, perhaps because the author is already a member here and has been posting on these threads and elsewhere and to admit to being the author of "The Televangelist" could cause the author difficulity at this time. It is safer for this person to continue to fly under the radar for the present. As it is for me. Ask your questions on this thread and you will receive answers, there are others who can give answers, who have the same information as the author. Or individuals that can varify specific sections of the documents. For example there are sections of "The Televangelist" that Johann can personally varify, for he is one of the characters included in the story. There are sections that Beartrap can varify from his position at 3ABN and as a former member of the Shelton family. There are sections that I can varify. Or perhaps Brother Sam, Papertigers, Hersheys99 or others. If any or none of us is the author of "The Televangelist" is not important at this time; only that we can varify the truth of the story...

This post has been edited by sister: Jul 10 2006, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 10 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #35

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 10 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]138469[/snapback]

Perhaps he might not want to reveal himself to Calvin either. If he were inclined to do so, he could sign on as "the author" and answer questions so long as they kept coming. I fail to see any reason for having a "formal interview" with him.

I do not recall stating what the author may want to do as it relates to revealing himself to Calvin or a "need" for an interview at all... But, see it as you wish smile.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 10 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Was permission needed to post this here?

“The Televangelist”
By: Jorgen VanBraun
Copyright 2005

I ask on account of "Copyright 2005" below the name.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 10 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]138531[/snapback]

we have not received correspondence asking us to remove it.... my hunch is that the author of this story is among us and doesn't have a problem with it being posted..... if they do, they will contact the owner personally I am sure....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 10 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]138531[/snapback]

Regarding:

Jorgen Van Braun

When you rearrange the letters in Jorgen Van Braun, they spell:

Ran Vegan Job, Run!

Could this be a clue?

roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jul 10 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 10 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]138542[/snapback]

Regarding:

Jorgen Van Braun

Ran Vegan Job, Run!

Could this be a clue?

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif lol.gif
too much!! i LOVE it!!

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 10 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 10 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]138542[/snapback]

Regarding:

Jorgen Van Braun

Ran Vegan Job, Run!

Could this be a clue?

roflmao.gif

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif I'm sure Mr. Van Braun is sitting behind a computer right now, somewhere in this vast BSDA world, splitting his sides over that one!

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 10 2006, 07:38 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 10 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #41

Guests

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]138531[/snapback]

Fair use, Daryl. In many cases the Copyright law only requires that the copyright be displayed. It would be illegal to post it without the copyright.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 11 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

This thread begins with:
QUOTE(sister @ Jul 7 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]138128[/snapback]

Since I have alluded to "The Televangelist" in a number of my threads, quoted portions of it in some of my posts and it has also been referred to by others; I am now posting it in it's entirety and without comment. It is an interesting read...

Sister

“The Televangelist”
By: Jorgen VanBraun
Copyright 2005

I'm wondering if we are ready yet to entertain serious questions on specific portions of the document. (Notice that I said "entertain serious questions" rather than "seriously entertain questions". I "pay attention"--I know " this ain't Sabbath School".) smile.gif

If so, then I would like to refer us to a paragraph about Danny's plane and the use he makes of them which you can find as the fourth paragraph under "Part 3:The Money).

The air pressure in the jet changes and the wall monitor shows that it is beginning its descent. Several years ago it was a relief that he was no longer forced to endure the inconvenience of commercial air travel, with the acquisition of a private jet. No longer does the televangelist have to go through security, and travel on a commercial schedule. He knows that the contributors, and the church that support his ministry, would not appreciate that this convenience is leased at a cost of $40,000.00 per month, so he has this expense placed in an anonymous account. In addition to the lease, the pilots cost $700.00 per day, and there are operational costs including gas and maintenance. Well, what the people don’t know won’t hurt him, and he truly deserves the extra conveniences. Vacations, personal visits, trips to ball games, and medical appointments no longer require a long drive. He now uses the jet for trips that would have required as little as two hours of driving.

I think that Sister may have referred to this elsewhere so that there were a few comments on the planes in the history series, but I think it would be well to have this brought to our attention and discussed again here where it can be seen in the context of the document as a whole.

And I would also like to hear more of the details behind those that were generalized in thiis paragraph, as well as examples of how the plane has been used since this was written. If anyone has current information, it would be interesting to know how the prices that were given in this paragraph have been affected by recent fuel prices. And also, has this affected the use that Danny makes of the plane since these increases? And if so, how?

Another question that I'm wondering about is whether or not there is any calculation done as to the amount of funds that can be expected to be taken in from a specific location before deciding whether or not to use the plane to meet that appointment.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

good questions... the operating expenses have to be more because fuel costs more...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 11 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #44

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 11 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 10 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]138531[/snapback]

In order to have a copyright enforced, it must be registered with the copyright office, at least as copyright applies to the United States. If the copyright originated in another country, there are different aspects of this question.

If the copyright has been registered, it is a simple matter to determine who registered it. If it has not been registered, it cannot be enforced in a U. S. court.

This document has been so freely distributed, with the implied permission of the claimed copyright owner, that it may be assumed that it has entered the public domain. If so, there cannot be any copyright enforcement.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jul 11 2006, 05:31 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church