Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10422&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Presents "the Battle ..." Don't Miss It, Special program rerun times
princessdi
post Aug 13 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Didn't mention "going" anywhere. Just trying to calssify the time taken in some way.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 13 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]144895[/snapback]

What was it that was said about a vacation. Is he leaving to go somewhere?
I don't watch 3ABN at all so I can honestly say that I won't be seeing this program. Did he say how long he would be gone....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 13 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 13 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]144895[/snapback]

I don't watch 3ABN at all so I can honestly say that I won't be seeing this program.
Did he say how long he would be gone....

I don't watch it either, only online today as there was a group of us that wanted to hear this for ourselves. That being said, I missed the time frame doh.gif - my understanding was 3 monthes, but someone else can confirm this yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 13 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Actually what Danny said was, "a few weeks, a month or two". I took that to mean the time is yet un specified. Vacations you plan for, make arrangements, etc.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 13 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]144899[/snapback]

I don't watch it either, only online today as there was a group of us that wanted to hear this for ourselves. That being said, I missed the time frame doh.gif - my understanding was 3 monthes, but someone else can confirm this yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 13 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 13 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]144902[/snapback]

Actually what Danny said was, "a few weeks, a month or two". I took that to mean the time is yet un specified. Vacations you plan for, make arrangements, etc.

That's a good observation, PrincessDi.

Some originally reported "three months."

Can anyone verify that the words "three months" were actually said in the original broadcast? (It's possible that today's version was altered.)

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 14 2006, 12:01 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 14 2006, 05:17 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 13 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]144905[/snapback]

That's a good observation, PrincessDi.

Some originally reported "three months."

Can anyone verify that the words "three months" were actually said in the original broadcast? (It's possible that today's version was altered.)

I watched a tidbit, saw John L.'s sermon if you want to call it that.... IMO John L has become nothing more than a pulpit prostitute and Mr. Shelton would be his ummmmm manager (read pimp). While I am no prophet, I believe they have stopped doing the Lord's work some time ago.... btjm

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 14 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 14 2006, 05:17 AM) [snapback]144923[/snapback]

I watched a tidbit, saw John L.'s sermon if you want to call it that.... IMO John L has become nothing more than a pulpit prostitute and Mr. Shelton would be his ummmmm manager (read pimp). While I am no prophet, I believe they have stopped doing the Lord's work some time ago.... btjm

You shoulda caught Shelly's "tidbits and sermon"...... that's where the applications and implications and just plain heretical doctrines were displayed in all their marvelous technicolor spinning......

And the beat goes on....... bangin.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 14 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 14 2006, 05:44 AM) [snapback]144924[/snapback]

You shoulda caught Shelly's "tidbits and sermon"...... that's where the applications and implications and just plain heretical doctrines were displayed in all their marvelous technicolor spinning......

And the beat goes on....... bangin.gif
Are we talking about the 'John the Baptist' tidbit and sermon or was there more that could be posted here for those of us who missed it?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 14 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 14 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]144933[/snapback]

Are we talking about the 'John the Baptist' tidbit and sermon or was there more that could be posted here for those of us who missed it?

Well, John the Baptist was the main part of the sermon. What I meant by "tidbit" was the little speech she made when she talked about the "prayer cards".

Having been involved with what Adventists called the "Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance Ministry" at one time, and having researched that down to the aberrant doctrinal underpinnings, I am very sensitized to the false teachings on prayer that have entered our church from the Pentecostals, with Roger Morneau being one of the doorways through which it entered. So the fact that they were using his book as the giveaway book of the evening was red flag enough to me, but then when Shelly started talking about the importance of what she called "Intercessory Prayer" ... I started taking notes.

And sure enough, there was the link to the concept of us "being like Christ in this world" ... including his mediatorial role, which she more than merely alluded to, as she was explaining her initial statement that "our greatest calling is to Intercessory Prayer." And after speaking of Jesus role of a mediator who was "praying for us", she went on to describe in characteristic Pentecostal terms, how God has "put self-imposed handcuffs on himself" so that he does not act except in answer to our prayers, and that "Intercessory Prayer is the 'key' that unlocks these handcuffs". (Phrases in quotes above are direct quotes as I wrote them down in my notes. )

She went on to speak of how when we commune with God, we become one with God ... and given the things that have been said by various ones in this 3ABN Pentecostal group, as well as the immediate context, which I unfortunately didn't get written out, this had the distinct impression of going well beyond the becoming one with God in our motives, actions, etc. and giving a mystical "oneness" that smacks of some of the old gnostic teachings (and is prevelant in some Christian circles even today).

With Shelly being the "heir apparent" to the throne ... at least so far as preachers are concerned ... this seems to me of vital importance to those who are considering who should stay and who should go .... if we ever do get to the "housecleaning" stage. This is why, if anyone has a sound recording and can make a written transcription, I would appreciate it greatly.

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 14 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 14 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]144937[/snapback]

Having been involved with what Adventists called the "Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance Ministry" at one time, and having researched that down to the aberrant doctrinal underpinnings, I am very sensitized to the false teachings on prayer that have entered our church from the Pentecostals, with Roger Morneau being one of the doorways through which it entered. So the fact that they were using his book as the giveaway book of the evening was red flag enough to me, but then when Shelly started talking about the importance of what she called "Intercessory Prayer" ... I started taking notes.

Could you explain more on this. Why is the kind of prayer Morneau wrote about a red flag?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Now, Watchbird is right about being sensitive to the "penecostal" influences. She pointed out several things as we were watching. I have no such senstivity or even that I agree with the premise, and I see a future opportunity for a "spirited" discussion yes.gif , but I disgress. However, I don't think the story of John the Baptist in modern terms was just to get the audiences attention. I know many a speaker who do this quite well. Shelly had an agenda. For those who are aware al that was missing was the names.........to protect the.......innocent.....or is it the guilty? Danny as John The Baptist? Help us!

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 14 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]144937[/snapback]

Well, John the Baptist was the main part of the sermon. What I meant by "tidbit" was the little speech she made when she talked about the "prayer cards".

And sure enough, there was the link to the concept of us "being like Christ in this world" ... including his mediatorial role, which she more than merely alluded to, as she was explaining her initial statement that "our greatest calling is to Intercessory Prayer." And after speaking of Jesus role of a mediator who was "praying for us", she went on to describe in characteristic Pentecostal terms, how God has "put self-imposed handcuffs on himself" so that he does not act except in answer to our prayers, and that "Intercessory Prayer is the 'key' that unlocks these handcuffs". (Phrases in quotes above are direct quotes as I wrote them down in my notes. )

She went on to speak of how when we commune with God, we become one with God ... and given the things that have been said by various ones in this 3ABN Pentecostal group, as well as the immediate context, which I unfortunately didn't get written out, this had the distinct impression of going well beyond the becoming one with God in our motives, actions, etc. and giving a mystical "oneness" that smacks of some of the old gnostic teachings (and is prevelant in some Christian circles even today).

With Shelly being the "heir apparent" to the throne ... at least so far as preachers are concerned ... this seems to me of vital importance to those who are considering who should stay and who should go .... if we ever do get to the "housecleaning" stage. This is why, if anyone has a sound recording and can make a written transcription, I would appreciate it greatly.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 14 2006, 09:13 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 14 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

This was posted on the maritime forumin two different posts:
Repeatedly throughout the two hours of 3ABN Today Live, the idea was expressed that we do not need to respond to lies and accusations that people hurl against us. The battle is the Lord's, and we should let Him take care of it.

And yet Shelley had these words to say in the second hour:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a faithful witness for God, he spoke out against a couple who had entered into a sinful relationship. Now the woman entangled in this situation became offended. She was embittered, and she felt scorned. And you know, there's something about her, that she was unconcerned about her relationship in the eyes of the Lord. Her worry revolved more around the possibility of losing her prominent position. So what did she do? She devised a plan to eliminate this one who had exposed her, and she enlisted the help of her young daughter. Now prompted by her mother, this daughter became entangled in the web of deceit, and she set out to set her mother's position and save it by destroying this man of God. What we see here is that the scheme was to go forward and go straight for the throat and have his head served up on a platter. Does this story sound familiar to you? To whom am I referring? John the Baptist, of course. ..."

"Now her mother's using her as a pawn. ..."

"Now how could such a holy, Spirit-filled man, who was hand-picked by God, and called to such an important ministry, fall victim to such vile persecution? Why would God allow it?" (Shelley Quinn on 3ABN Today Live, 2nd hour, replayed at 4pm CDT, Sunday, August 13, 2006)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was she really getting at?

So it is quite clear that John's sermon about Moses was all about Danny, since he indicated as such. Thus, we would be overly naive if we didn't also conclude that Shelley's sermon was also about Danny.
scratchchin.gif

That being so, one would naturally conclude that the couple involved in the sinful relationship was Linda Shelton and the Norwegian doctor, and that Danny was the one who condemned that relationship.

Thus we have here Linda being offended because her important position at 3ABN was threatened, and she has been embittered instead of being concerned about her relationship with the Lord.

And now Linda's daughter is involved in the web of deceit as both Linda and she go straight for Danny's throat.

Am I reading too much into it?

This post has been edited by lurker: Aug 14 2006, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 14 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 14 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]144939[/snapback]

Could you explain more on this. Why is the kind of prayer Morneau wrote about a red flag?

That is not exactly what I said....or at least it wasn't what I meant to say. What I meant was that I since I knew the kinds of things that Morneau wrote about prayer .... and knew that there were many of them with which I disagreed .... then the fact that they were giving away that book indicated to me (waved a red flag) as to what kinds of things they believed about prayer.

But to discuss all of those would take a lot more time than I have available at the moment. Probably the best I can do for now is to point you to the pages on the SDAnet/At Issue website, one on the topic of "Prayer" and the other on the topic called "Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance Ministry" , which presents some material, including a couple book recommendations, on the related topics of prayer, the casting out of demons, and the differences between these beliefs and practices as presented in scripture and as held by some Pentecostals.... including some Adventists.

Since the Pentecostal version of all of these concepts, and more, seem to be held in by those directing 3ABN, reading these materials would be good background for understanding some of the sometimes mystifying things we are hearing coming from 3ABN persons ... both Adventist and non-Adventist.

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 14 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 14 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]144944[/snapback]

Repeatedly throughout the two hours of 3ABN Today Live, the idea was expressed that we do not need to respond to lies and accusations that people hurl against us. The battle is the Lord's, and we should let Him take care of it.

Quote:

"As a faithful witness for God, he spoke out against a couple who had entered into a sinful relationship. Now the woman entangled in this situation became offended. She was embittered, and she felt scorned. And you know, there's something about her, that she was unconcerned about her relationship in the eyes of the Lord. Her worry revolved more around the possibility of losing her prominent position. So what did she do? She devised a plan to eliminate this one who had exposed her, and she enlisted the help of her young daughter. Now prompted by her mother, this daughter became entangled in the web of deceit, and she set out to set her mother's position and save it by destroying this man of God. What we see here is that the scheme was to go forward and go straight for the throat and have his head served up on a platter. Does this story sound familiar to you? To whom am I referring? John the Baptist, of course. ..."

"Now how could such a holy, Spirit-filled man, who was hand-picked by God, and called to such an important ministry, fall victim to such vile persecution? Why would God allow it?" (Shelley Quinn on 3ABN Today Live, 2nd hour, replayed at 4pm CDT, Sunday, August 13, 2006)
So it is quite clear that John's sermon about Moses was all about Danny, since he indicated as such. Thus, we would be overly naive if we didn't also conclude that Shelley's sermon was also about Danny.
:scratchchin:

That being so, one would naturally conclude that the couple involved in the sinful relationship was Linda Shelton and the Norwegian doctor, and that Danny was the one who condemned that relationship.

Thus we have here Linda being offended because her important position at 3ABN was threatened, and she has been embittered instead of being concerned about her relationship with the Lord.

And now Linda's daughter is involved in the web of deceit as both Linda and Alyssa go straight for Danny's throat.

----------------------------------------------------------------
AS I recall, in the Old Teasament there once was a man of God (Samuel?) who had a problem he couldn't solve, so he listened to "Soothe-Sayer", or "Supernatural Resource" , a.k.a. "witch". To whom does "this chosen one" listen most for his advice, his praises, his ego needs, .. is it MS, or SQ, or ... who fits the description of the one who gives "The Chosen One" his "supernatural" marching orders?

This post has been edited by justme: Aug 15 2006, 06:23 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

As Re' was say, You "dead on pernt". See how the story has bee twisted ever so slightly in that the actual Herodias wanted John the Baptist dead. Also, there was never any deciet, John told the truth and Herodias wanted him dead for it. Salome did not deceive Herod. Her and her mother merely took advantage of an opportunity. Herod was busy lusting after his step-daughter and asked the girl to dance(maybe this portion of the story instead more closely follows current events, Shelly may have been concentrating on the wrong part of the story) scratchchin.gif Offering her up to half of his kingdom. Anyway, You got it!!! 1,000 pts for you Lurker!!! Ooops!!! wrong thread!!!! giggle.gif

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 14 2006, 07:09 AM) [snapback]144944[/snapback]

Quote:

scratchchin.gif

And now Linda's daughter Alyssa is involved in the web of deceit as both Linda and Alyssa go straight for Danny's throat.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 14 2006, 08:17 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 14 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]144940[/snapback]

Now, Watchbird is right about being sensitive to the "penecostal" influences. She pointed out several things as we were watching. I have no such senstivity or even that I agree with the premise, and I see a future opportunity for a "spirited" discussion yes.gif , but I disgress. However, I don't think the story of John the Baptist in modern terms was just to get the audiences attention. I know many a speaker who do this quite well. Shelly had an agenda. For those who are aware al that was missing was the names.........to protect the.......innocent.....or is it the guilty? Danny as John The Baptist? Help us!

Yes indeed. And this is the main thing we should get from this ...and I think it was exactly what Danny wanted us to get from it.

My additional point is that we can understand much more clearly exactly what she was saying and why she was saying it if we understand her terms in their Pentecostal meanings rather than depending on our Adventist use of the terms. "Anointing" for example, has quite a different meaning in Pentecostal circles than it does in mainstream Adventism. Again, I'll refer you to the urls I gave in my previous post as ones that will help you learn the difference in as brief a time as possible.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church