Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10422&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:56 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Presents "the Battle ..." Don't Miss It, Special program rerun times
Denny
post Aug 14 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

Its a pity in their haste to gag Linda they did not gag themselves thumbdown.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ahhhh Gotcha' Watchbird. You are correct in your example. Might this be even an attempt to "attract" more than Adventist, say the TBN crowd, which, BTW, tend to be more "giving". It might make sense, if trouble is a brewin' as it is on the SDA front. Say GC gets it together and starts to air it's own programming on HopeTVand convinces Amazing Facts, etc to do the same.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 14 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]144948[/snapback]

Yes indeed. And this is the main thing we should get from this ...and I think it was exactly what Danny wanted us to get from it.

My additional point is that we can understand much more clearly exactly what she was saying and why she was saying it if we understand her terms in their Pentecostal meanings rather than depending on our Adventist use of the terms. "Anointing" for example, has quite a different meaning in Pentecostal circles than it does in mainstream Adventism. Again, I'll refer you to the urls I gave in my previous post as ones that will help you learn the difference in as brief a time as possible.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 14 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Its a pity in their haste to gag Linda they did not gag themselves :thumbdown:

clap.gif clap.gif Right on Denny!! clap.gif clap.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 14 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #34

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I hope we are not over analyzing this program, reading more into it than what is there and creating our own feeding frizzy. We seem to be attaching some external motive behind nearly every phrase that was said. Maybe he is tired, wants some rest, spend some quality time with his new wife. As they say, “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 14 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 14 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]144963[/snapback]

I hope we are not over analyzing this program, reading more into it than what is there and creating our own feeding frizzy. We seem to be attaching some external motive behind nearly every phrase that was said. Maybe he is tired, wants some rest, spend some quality time with his new wife. As they say, “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”.

That IS a possibility Calvin, except for the fact that it just so happens that last week the command was given to "get the mess straightened out down there" or it will be done by someone else (I won't give names). So, I know this has every thing to do with that. It is my gut belief that this is part of their strategy to "fix" the mess they are in. I just hope that all parties that should now be involved ARE getting in and getting it taken care of.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yeah I would say that, also, Calvin, but then the story about Herodias and Salome make no sense, and JL's sermon about the ungrateful COI giving Moses a hard time. Also, he really could have just said, "You know when Brandy and I got married, it wasn't a good time for a decent honeymoon or time alone, so we are taking it now",a nd people would have really understood that. There were too many qualifiers, and he didn't phrase it like a vacation. Like I said it was phrased something akin to Jimmy Swaggart self imposed censure. Spending the time listening to the Lord, etc.

You maybe right, but with their forces gathered, and the sermon's to bolster a discouraged Danny, I think for those to which they meant, clear messages were sent. Men are not usualy sensitive to subtlities of this sort. Just as an example: My Mom had a foster daughter, we will call Jane. Jane had a falling out one day with one of other girl cousins in the family, we will call Sally. Now what Jane did to get get back at Sally, was to start talking to the other kids about something that was happeneing in our family the next day, but that sally would not be able to attend. As Jane talked she also lead the kids out of the room they were in, into the hallway area. Now she continued this with several topics in which Sally could not take part. The results, Sally came into the living and told ther aunt that Jane and the other kids didn't like her, which was Jane's planned message for Sally. Sally got Jane's message loud and clear, but to the other kids, they were just talking about all the fun they were going to have and they never even noticed Sally was left out.

Sometimes, it is only meant to look like a cigar to those who were not meant to get the message. There are plenty here for whom that message was meant. Kind of a passive-aggressive thing. The offender appears competely innocent, while dropping emotional bombs the size of Hiroshima.

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 14 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]144963[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 14 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 14 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]144976[/snapback]

....You maybe right, but with their forces gathered, and the sermon's to bolster a discouraged Danny, I think for those to which they meant, clear messages were sent......
Sometimes, it is only meant to look like a cigar to those who were not meant to get the message. There are plenty here for whom that message was meant. Kind of a passive-aggressive thing. The offender appears competely innocent, while dropping emotional bombs the size of Hiroshima.

You said it very well Di. Thank you yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 14 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

If they wanted to try to compare Danny to someone, they should have used Joseph the husband of Mary...

Remember this (emphasis mine):

Mat 1:18-20 The birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. His mother Mary had been promised to Joseph in marriage. But before they were married, Mary realized that she was pregnant by the Holy Spirit. (19) Her husband Joseph was an honorable man and did not want to disgrace her publicly. So he decided to break the marriage agreement with her secretly. (20) Joseph had this in mind when an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. The angel said to him, "Joseph, descendant of David, don't be afraid to take Mary as your wife. She is pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

Joseph being an honorable man, had JUST cause to call off the marriage because she was pregnant, but he did NOT want to EMBARRASS her so he was going to do it secretly..... while contemplating how he was going to do that, the angel appeared to him in a dream....

Now compare that with what Mr. Shelton did.... While John L is comparing him to Moses, its clear that he cannot even be compared with Joseph, the husband of Mary, earthly father of Jesus... an honorable man...... nuff said....

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 14 2006, 01:56 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Aug 14 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 14 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]144976[/snapback]

Yeah I would say that, also, Calvin, but then the story about Herodias and Salome make no sense, and JL's sermon about the ungrateful COI giving Moses a hard time. Also, he really could have just said, "You know when Brandy and I got married, it wasn't a good time for a decent honeymoon or time alone, so we are taking it now",a nd people would have really understood that. There were too many qualifiers, and he didn't phrase it like a vacation. Like I said it was phrased something akin to Jimmy Swaggart self imposed censure. Spending the time listening to the Lord, etc.

You maybe right, but with their forces gathered, and the sermon's to bolster a discouraged Danny, I think for those to which they meant, clear messages were sent. Men are not usualy sensitive to subtlities of this sort. Just as an example: My Mom had a foster daughter, we will call Jane. Jane had a falling out one day with one of other girl cousins in the family, we will call Sally. Now what Jane did to get get back at Sally, was to start talking to the other kids about something that was happeneing in our family the next day, but that sally would not be able to attend. As Jane talked she also lead the kids out of the room they were in, into the hallway area. Now she continued this with several topics in which Sally could not take part. The results, Sally came into the living and told ther aunt that Jane and the other kids didn't like her, which was Jane's planned message for Sally. Sally got Jane's message loud and clear, but to the other kids, they were just talking about all the fun they were going to have and they never even noticed Sally was left out.

Danny did take personal time off in the end of April. They went to Florida. And this wasn't for surgery or recovering from knee surgery.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok, but the point is he didn't describe this time off as a vacation, not by activity, and barely by name.
QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 14 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]145029[/snapback]

Danny did take personal time off in the end of April. They went to Florida. And this wasn't for surgery or recovering from knee surgery.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 14 2006, 08:10 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 14 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

This reminds me of the time that Linda was taking "some time off."

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 14 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

.............flesh and blood did not give this to you........... yes.gif

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 14 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]145045[/snapback]

This reminds me of the time that Linda was taking "some time off."

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 14 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Did Linda take some time off?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 14 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 14 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]145048[/snapback]

Did Linda take some time off?

That was the original story for her absence prior to their firing her, I believe...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

For those who still haven't seen for themselves the broadcast we are talking about here .... you have another chance this morning, August 15.

Times given are USA Central Standard Time.

8:00 AM 3ABN Today LIVE - 1st Hour The Battle Is The Lord's / Danny Shelton *, John Lomacang, Mollie Steinson, Moses Primo, Shelley Quin, Walter Thompson
9:00 AM 3ABN Today LIVE - 2nd Hour The Battle Is The Lord's / Danny Shelton *, John Lomacang, Mollie Steinson, Moses Primo, Shelly Quin, Walter Thompson

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church