Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:57 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Letter To Bsda, This letter was send to me from Barbara Kerr to publish here
denisebyers
post Aug 17 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,654

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that Barbara. May God Bless you, and we will be praying for you. I support Linda 100%. I am thankful for the BSDA forum where we can post freely. This is a great forum. Now I am off to bed, tired and sleepy......In Christ, Denise :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(no_cults @ Aug 17 2006, 08:38 PM) [snapback]145811[/snapback]

Please help spread the word...

Danny will be in Dallas this week-end. Friday, there
will be a panel discussion.

Can anyone think of any questions that "might" make
it past the screeners? Gotta be some real softball
questions that also have some punch.

===================================

Join us for a LIVE 3ABN Broadcast!!

*** 7:00p.m. CT - FRIDAY, 8/18/06 ***

Dallas First Church of Seventh-day Adventists
4009 North Central Expy (I-75)
Dallas, Texas 75204
(west side of expressway, between Fitzhugh and Haskell)

Everyone is invited to come and be a part of the congregation/studio audience, as 3ABN broadcasts the program from the Dallas First Church!! This program will be uplinked around the world on 3ABN, which is the second largest religious network in the world!

In addition to thrilling music, there will be a question and answer panel with Shelley Quinn, Kenneth Cox, Mike Tucker, Bill Kilgore, John Lomacang and Dallas First Church Pastor James Gilley. Danny Shelton will read the questions turned in by the studio audience. The Friday night program begins at 7 p.m. and closes at 9 p.m.

More LIVE 3ABN Broadcasts the next day!!

Everyone is also invited to join us the next morning, as 3ABN broadcasts Dallas First's "7th Sabbath" program.

9:30 a.m. CT - Sabbath School with Shelly Quinn

11:00 a.m. CT - Worship Service by Danny Shelton and members of the 3ABN Family

1:30 p.m. CT - Presentation by guest speaker, Kenneth Cox *

2:30–4:00 p.m. CT - A special program by Danny Shelton and team

* All except the 1:30 p.m. program are televised on 3ABN (CT).

A free lunch is provided (haystacks)—and all are invited!

sounds like they are going to have a grand ole time......scary.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 18 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Yeah Boy!( as my Grandfather used to say) Ok Haystack? I thank if this was the church on the othe side of town the menu would be:

Dinner Cuts w/gravy(or Swiss Steaks)
Rice(brown preferrably)
Franch(French) cut green beans or green beans with new potatoes seasoned with striples/Bacos(smoke flavor. No mo' ham hocks we be Adventist naw!)
Salad
Lemon, 7-up pound cake, or a Costco cake
Purnch(punch)

Haystacks! hmmmph!! nonono.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 18 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]146074[/snapback]

sounds like they are going to have a grand ole time......scary.....

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 18 2006, 01:06 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 18 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 18 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]146079[/snapback]

Yeah Boy!( as my Grandfather used to say) Ok Haystack? I thank if this was the church on the othe side of town the menu would be:

Dinner Cuts w/gravy(or Swiss Steaks)
Rice(brown preferrably)
Franch(French) cut green beans or green beans with new potatoes seasoned with striples/Bacos(smoke flavor. No mo' ham hocks we be Adventist naw!)
Salad
Lemon, 7-up pound cake, or a Costco cake
Purnch(punch)

Haystacks! hmmmph!! nonono.gif

rofl1.gif Have you been talking to my mother? She was HORRIFIED that I served my family haystacks a couple Sabbaths ago (my family being me and my daughter...my husband won't eat haystacks either...). In her words..."that's not real food." And the thought that I would actually make it on SABBATH...she was like kidding.gif ...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 18 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

So, is this just an insurgency or have we moved into a fullscale civil war?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 18 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Rough7Seas @ Aug 18 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]146131[/snapback]

So, is this just an insurgency or have we moved into a fullscale civil war?

lol.gif 'splain what you mean exactly

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 18 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Now, I have done that at home, However I just add taco, burrito, nacho choices also. Everyone can have what they like. But if you call yourself having a church dinner, then we need some real food. Don't get me wrong, folks is straight up jealous when I put my stack together. LOVE them!!!

Also, looking at the lineup and the program for the day, maybe they ought to stay with the haystacks. Ain't no Chech Survice going on over there, Danny and his merry band will be lulling folks to sleep, if the program I watch the other day is any is any indication.

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Aug 18 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]146096[/snapback]

rofl1.gif Have you been talking to my mother? She was HORRIFIED that I served my family haystacks a couple Sabbaths ago (my family being me and my daughter...my husband won't eat haystacks either...). In her words..."that's not real food." And the thought that I would actually make it on SABBATH...she was like kidding.gif ...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 18 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Well, Danny and his crew are on right now in the Texas Church.

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 18 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

I wonder which airlines they flew on

Maybe it was the "B-B-B-N" jet. "3BN" "3BEAN".

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Aug 18 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I thought it must have been someone from this forum who asked the first question of the panel tonight. "Is pride something that will keep us out of heaven?" Several people had answers and the topic seemed to shift somewhat. Then Shelley Quinn gave a little "sermon" in which she mentioned something about people being "judgmental." I think she even stated or implied that God was impressing her with things to say during the question and answer session. Unfortunately I doubt if Danny made any kind of application to himself. In fact later on he talked about how 3abn has grown far beyond his initial dream. Things appear so different when I know something of the context.

I got the dish about a year ago and right away I got tired of seeing Danny's face in front of the camera. I noticed that he just babbled away with little of substance to say. He has a repertoire of pious cliches. I especially noticed that he didn't know how to interview. Even when his guests are trying to get a word in edgewise, the camera often is on Danny. I thought the problem was amateurish production and camera work. Now I understand that the problem is that is it a sort of "cult of personality" at the station with Danny's image as the foremost object of attention.
The reason I'm saying all this is that it is good to know that I am not alone in my observations.
When I saw that Kay Kuzma was a regular, I thought that was a bad sign.

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 18 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 16 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]145498[/snapback]

For two years now I, Barbara Kerr, have kept silent regarding the happenings surrounding one of my best friends, Linda Shelton. I am one of those ministries referred to in Dr. Abrahamsen’s letter that was affected adversely by the split of the Shelton marriage. June 1st, 2004, all of Linda’s programming was taken off of the air. By default, my ministry seemingly disappeared overnight as we had taped 99% of all of my cooking programs together.

I didn’t know anything was wrong until the first week of May 2004. (I was in Italy the entire month of April and was not available to Linda.) As soon as I heard the rumors that she had “run off” with a Norwegian doctor, I called Linda (she was at 3ABN not in Norway). I jumped in my car the next day with my friend Claudia, and we made the 11-hour drive to West Frankfort, IL. We stayed three days and had an opportunity to visit with both Danny and Linda.

I would like to stop here and say that by my not being a “paid” employee of 3ABN, I have had a unique opportunity watching employees come and go. In seven years of volunteering at this ministry, I really got a feel for their personalities versus their characters. I also watched in horror, as some people would work so hard to position themselves to climb the ladder of success. You could see “pride of position” stamped on their foreheads as they walked the halls searching desperately for fame. It’s no wonder Linda and Danny both have become leery over the years of people trying to become their “friends”. It’s unfortunate that people will use people, but this is the real world after all, and God warns us that “whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

I had the privilege of meeting many Godly people while volunteering at 3ABN who were the same off of camera as they were when the cameras were rolling. I would have to say that was especially true of Linda Shelton. She was as sweet, charming, spiritual and innocent off camera as she was on! If that was the only statement that I had to make about Linda, it would be enough, for each of you saw the “real” Linda as she held out her hand in prayer on every “Presents” program.

I have kept my mouth shut to the public about the things that I have known for the past two years because I knew that God would reveal every secret thing in its time.

Danny is a very powerful man. Maybe the most powerful man in the SDA church and his influence is felt far and wide. When he doesn’t like you he has no problem picking up the phone to call conference presidents and heads of ministries. I have personally felt his wrath, and its consequences by standing up to him, asking hard questions (when everyone else was afraid too) and continuing to be a friend to Linda and support her through this nightmare. snip......

God be praised! Barbara, thank you for your testimony. It took a lot of courage, but I praise God for his timing. LET THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD SAY SO! We are praying for you and your family along with your ministry.

Sincerely,
Chez

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 18 2006, 11:36 PM

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 19 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Skyhook, welcome to the forum. Pray tell, why your reservation about Kay Kuzma?

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Aug 19 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Hi Jvat. Thanks for the welcome. Kay Kuzma's columns in the Review have given wrong messages. In one, she implicitly supported the situation in which kids were told by thier Sabbath School leaders to bring rakes to church. After church they went out in the neighborhood and raked leaves for people, thus teaching children that "doing good on the Sabbath" is OK. If I recall, someone had written in to ask if that was wrong. The question needed a clear and direct answer that Kuzma did not give.

Another time a new Adventist woman had written to complain that services were boring in the SDA church she was attending. She said she missed the services in Her previous denomination, which she described as having modern music and more upbeat, enthusiastic services. It sounded like a Pentecostal type church. The lady said she was thinking of attending her former Sunday church that she enjoyed so much. Kuzma encouraged her to do so as long as she didn't give up keeping the Sabbath. Kuzma said she also enjoyed a more charismatic (not her word) service as well.

My point is that it is dangerous to willingly and knowingly attend services where error is taught. Especially spiritualism as in the Pentecostal churches, and most of the Evangelicas for that matter.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Aug 19 2006, 09:19 AM

+Quote Post
steffan
post Aug 19 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

Hmm... So you wait till there's 4 montly payments left for Linda and then start the business of serious slander.
>For two years now I, Barbara Kerr, have kept silent regarding the happenings surrounding...

It seems that only you and "sister" seem to have the inside scoop on the secret things. And God has now chosen you and "sister" to reveal it?
>I have kept my mouth shut to the public about the things that I have known for the past two years because I knew that God would reveal every secret thing in its time.

Not according to Dr. Kuzma, who I'd trust a lot more than what you and your "sister" say.
>It was also clear early on that Linda had a receptive spirit to being counseled

Spoken like a true Christian!
>I did change my prayers the day that email arrived in my inbox. My prayer became, “Lord, scatter Danny Shelton and his family like chaff in the wind.

Amazing! This is more than indiscretion, it's outright immoral! And you make this statement in this rather obscure posting instead of publicising it as it should be?
>That particular day I wanted answers about his relationship with his step-daughter Alyssa.

Really? Read what you wrote.
>I’m not angry with Danny anymore when he attacks me. I don’t hate him.

Ever since my wife expressed some doubt about the "adultery" of Linda, I've been reading all possible information to find out what is the truth.

Here's the truth I found. Every Linda Shelton supporter makes outrageous and slander-filled claims. Ok, let me restate it. Every Linda Shelton supporter writes in a way that is slanted to slander and sleaze.
None of Danny Shelton's (or 3ABN's) supporters make corresponding claims and, in fact, seem to go out of their way to not make anything sound sleazy or slanderous.

My conclusion?
I think Linda Shelton is a two-faced liar who writes so sweetly of wanting to support the 3ABN ministry and being its biggest prayer warrior and yet, at the same time, encourages so-called friends like Barbara Kerr writing these trash filled postings.

And yes, my name and email is out there. I don't hide like "sister" does.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 19 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #45

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

And yes, my name and email is out there. I don't hide like "sister" does.

So Steffan (if that is a real name) what is your real name, your identity? dunno.gif I don't know anything more about you than I do of Sister. I don't take issue with your right to post an opinion here. But please spare us the self-righteous indignation. Don't admonish anyone for not revealing their identity if you won't do the same.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church