Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Letter To Bsda, This letter was send to me from Barbara Kerr to publish here
Johann
post Aug 25 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Aug 25 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]148054[/snapback]

My question: If 3abn is truly an independent ministry can our church do anything about Danny? We could say they arn't part of the Adventist church like they do with churches that go astray. Is there any other recourse the church would have if they decided that all these things are true and if they were willing to give up the contribitor millions? Could we really change anything at 3abn?

Truly Blonde scratchchin.gif

What we can do is to write to

The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist

and to the following SDA sponsored TV programs requesting they use 3ABN no more, but rather support HOPE, the official TV network of our Church.

It involves the following programs:

Fath for Today
Voice of Prophecy
Amazing Facts
Pioneer Memorial Church
Gospel Outreach
It Is Written
Walter Pearson

You could also write to
The Quiet Hour, but that is an Independent Ministry, as far as I know.

If you know of some pastors who appear on 3ABN you can also write to them and "suggest" they do not support 3ABN in the future.

Some of the programs mentioned above are seriously considering not appearing on 3ABN any
more This is a bold decision, and they need your support.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Expression
post Aug 25 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 2,145

A lot of things have to start at the "grass roots" level so to speak. Writing to the GC, etc. is definately a way that we can work together to help create an atmosphere for change.

Though 3ABN may be an independent ministry Danny is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church and as such the church needs to hold him accountable. His actions must not be ignored simply because he is a "leader". Because of his position the church has that much more responsibility to really look into the situation.

--------------------
"When you start dealing with real change you are talking about interfering with those who are in possession of something."

"Silence enpowers the evil one."

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." Abraham Lincoln

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 25 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Expression @ Aug 25 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]148060[/snapback]

A lot of things have to start at the "grass roots" level so to speak. Writing to the GC, etc. is definately a way that we can work together to help create an atmosphere for change.

Though 3ABN may be an independent ministry Danny is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church and as such the church needs to hold him accountable. His actions must not be ignored simply because he is a "leader". Because of his position the church has that much more responsibility to really look into the situation.

The right way of handling offenders is through their local church. No one else can discipline a church member, not even the General Conference. Danny Shelton has safeguarded himself by being the unofficial "proprietor", not only of the sanctuary, but of the church pastor and the church board. Officially the church is under the Illinois Conference, but the church is governed by a stron man.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
msraccoon
post Aug 25 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 1,887

Johann: Maybe the RIGHT way to discipline is thru the local church. But is it the ONLY way? Are you saying that the Illinois or General Conference have no teeth without a local church support?

I do like your idea of writing to Voice of Prophecy, etc. I am going to draft a hopefully "effective" letter during the weekend. Got to do what I can.

msraccoon

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 25 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Aug 26 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]148064[/snapback]

Johann: Maybe the RIGHT way to discipline is thru the local church. But is it the ONLY way? Are you saying that the Illinois or General Conference have no teeth without a local church support?

I do like your idea of writing to Voice of Prophecy, etc. I am going to draft a hopefully "effective" letter during the weekend. Got to do what I can.

msraccoon

Thanks for your support. We need a Church ready for the Return of Christ.

The higher level organizations can revoke a ministerial license, but not a church membership, and since Danny is not a minister or a pastor only the local church can deal with him. The General Conference has dealt 3ABN a blow by declaring 3ABN an "offshoot" as published in the Washington Post recently. This has opened many people's eyes to what is going on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 25 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

I searched the Post website, can you tell me when the article was? Do you have a link to it so I can read it?

Thanks - fhb

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 25 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]148105[/snapback]

The General Conference has dealt 3ABN a blow by declaring 3ABN an "offshoot" as published in the Washington Post recently. This has opened many people's eyes to what is going on.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 25 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 25 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]148109[/snapback]

I searched the Post website, can you tell me when the article was? Do you have a link to it so I can read it?

Thanks - fhb

I believe that was stated when that 10 commandments day was going on in DC...it was reported then that 3abn was/is an offshoot of the SDA church. I forget when all that was--but don't think it was too long ago. I work tomorrow so am off to bed now, but perhaps I can get back with you after the weekend.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 25 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 25 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]148105[/snapback]

The higher level organizations can revoke a ministerial license, but not a church membership, and since Danny is not a minister or a pastor only the local church can deal with him. The General Conference has dealt 3ABN a blow by declaring 3ABN an "offshoot" as published in the Washington Post recently. This has opened many people's eyes to what is going on.

Yes, it is true that the local church is the only one who can revoke church membership. But the Conferences, Local, Union, Division, and General Conference, can "close Adventist pulpits" to whomever they wish .... whether Adventist or non-Adventist. They can also take action which forbids such persons or ministries to hold meetings in any Conference owned facility. They can also instruct their ministers, evangelists, media centers, and musicians to refrain from being seen on 3ABN .... or on any of their affiliate stations.

If instructions like this were to come down from top church levels, while there might not be 100% compliance, they would still send a very clear signal to the laity that the official Adventist church was not supporting 3ABN. Perhaps we are already seeing the lead being taken on this in the reported Palm Springs cancellation.

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 25 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 25 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]148111[/snapback]

Yes, it is true that the local church is the only one who can revoke church membership. But the Conferences, Local, Union, Division, and General Conference, can "close Adventist pulpits" to whomever they wish .... whether Adventist or non-Adventist. They can also take action which forbids such persons or ministries to hold meetings in any Conference owned facility. They can also instruct their ministers, evangelists, media centers, and musicians to refrain from being seen on 3ABN .... or on any of their affiliate stations.

If instructions like this were to come down from top church levels, while there might not be 100% compliance, they would still send a very clear signal to the laity that the official Adventist church was not supporting 3ABN. Perhaps we are already seeing the lead being taken on this in the reported Palm Springs cancellation.

At 10:10PM central time, the 3ABN website still showed an appointment to go to the Palm Springs SDA Church.

"Please Join Danny & Tommy Shelton and Steve Darmondy

Sabbath, September 9, 2006

Palm Springs SDA Church
620 South Sunrise Way
Palm Springs, CA 92264

Contact Person: Pastor Charles Mitchell
Church Phone: 760-327-5112

Services:
Sabbath School 10:00 AM PST
Morning Worship 10:45 AM PST

Sabbath Afternoon With Danny 2:00 - 3:30 PM PST"

Upon checking the Palm Springs SDA Church website it said nothing about 3ABN coming to Palm Springs SDA Church.
The contact information for the Palm Springs SDA Church is:

Contact Us

Mailing Address:

620 South Sunrise way
Palm Springs, Ca 92264

Phone: (760) 327-5112

Fax: (760) 322-6702

Church Email: ps7thday@1access.net

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 25 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 26 2006, 04:58 AM) [snapback]148109[/snapback]

Thanks - fhb

It was in connection with the Ten Commandment Day, about a month ago. It has been referred to here on BSDA earlier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IMM
post Aug 25 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 25 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]148109[/snapback]

Thanks - fhb

DS, er, I mean, fhb, a simple google search of the terms "Washington Post" and "3ABN" did it quite easily. You're welcome that I did your homework for you.

And yes, it does refer to 3ABN as "a growing offshoot of the Adventist church" in the 4th paragraph.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6050501748.html

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 25 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 25 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]148109[/snapback]

Thanks - fhb

Note: This may not be the same article(s) referenced earlier by others. It's just one example. But, yes, the Washington Post has used the word "offshoot" to best describe 3ABN.

"It also includes the Three Angels Broadcasting Network, the organization that started giving away 270,000 copies of the book "Ten Commandments Twice Removed" on Thursday. The ministry, a growing offshoot of the Adventist church, said it hoped to draw 10,000 people last night and today to "Ten Commandments Weekend," an event at the D.C. Armory featuring music and sermons about the commandments."

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 25 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Well thank you. A simple search of the Post's website itself does nor reveal this article but another that you must pay for. It seems that it was a rather unpleasent experience for you to provide this, so please accept my apology . . .

Hhhhmmm, shall I remind you I am not Danny, nay "A man or woman convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."

- fhb

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost...mandments+Event

QUOTE(IMM @ Aug 25 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]148119[/snapback]

DS, er, I mean, fhb, a simple google search of the terms "Washington Post" and "3ABN" did it quite easily. You're welcome that I did your homework for you.

And yes, it does refer to 3ABN as "a growing offshoot of the Adventist church" in the 4th paragraph.

Johann,

The article, or the one I was provided, does not indicate the GC called 3ABN an offshoot. It merely refers to it as a "growing offshoot." Paragraph 4 of this article:

It also includes the Three Angels Broadcasting Network, the organization that started giving away 270,000 copies of the book "Ten Commandments Twice Removed" on Thursday. The ministry, a growing offshoot of the Adventist church, said it hoped to draw 10,000 people last night and today to "Ten Commandments Weekend," an event at the D.C. Armory featuring music and sermons about the commandments.

There are comments from the assistant director of ANN later in the article but are not connected in anyway to 3ABN and make no reference to it what so ever. If there is another article where this is done I would love to know where that is.

- fhb

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 25 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]148105[/snapback]

Thanks for your support. We need a Church ready for the Return of Christ.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
IMM
post Aug 25 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 25 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]148121[/snapback]
Well thank you. A simple search of the Post's website itself does nor reveal this article but another that you must pay for. It seems that it was a rather unpleasent experience for you to provide this, so please accept my apology . . .

Hhhhmmm, shall I remind you I am not Danny, nay "A man or woman convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."

- fhb

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost...mandments+Event

And why would you want to remind me that you are not Danny?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 25 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Thanks PP,

I had heard it refered to as such before, but never heard that the GC was referencing it that way so was really curious to read about it.

Thanks again - fhb

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 25 2006, 10:45 PM) [snapback]148120[/snapback]

Note: This may not be the same article(s) referenced earlier by others. It's just one example. But, yes, the Washington Post has used the word "offshoot" to best describe 3ABN.

Sorry, maybe the "DS, er, I mean, fhb" was just a slip of the fingers on the keyboard.

- fhb

QUOTE(IMM @ Aug 25 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]148122[/snapback]

And why would you want to remind me that you are not Danny?

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church