Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:01 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Letter To Bsda, This letter was send to me from Barbara Kerr to publish here
sonshineonme
post Aug 19 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 19 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]146296[/snapback]

(round two - here we go)
Hmm... So you wait till there's 4 montly payments left for Linda and then start the business of serious slander.
>For two years now I, Barbara Kerr, have kept silent regarding the happenings surrounding...

This is good - you seem to know something about what you are talking - yes, Linda has 4 payments left. She also has nothing to gain financially from Barbs letter. Take it or leave it.

It seems that only you and "sister" seem to have the inside scoop on the secret things. And God has now chosen you and "sister" to reveal it?
>I have kept my mouth shut to the public about the things that I have known for the past two years because I knew that God would reveal every secret thing in its time.

Actually, it appears you have not done your homework - MANY people have inside information - are you interested? It may open you eyes to lies, more lies and deceit and more deceit, but, it's only there if you want it. If you don't, that is your choice. Continue to burry your head in the sand if you like.

Not according to Dr. Kuzma, who I'd trust a lot more than what you and your "sister" say.
>It was also clear early on that Linda had a receptive spirit to being counseled

If you trust Kay, you have a lot to learn about who she helps, why she helps them, and if she even wants to help them, with her God given skills. BTW, Barb and "sister" are not related, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Spoken like a true Christian!
>I did change my prayers the day that email arrived in my inbox. My prayer became, “Lord, scatter Danny Shelton and his family like chaff in the wind.

I wonder if you know what a true Christian is?

Amazing! This is more than indiscretion, it's outright immoral! And you make this statement in this rather obscure posting instead of publicising it as it should be?
>That particular day I wanted answers about his relationship with his step-daughter Alyssa.

Do you want it publicized? Hang on to your hat.

Really? Read what you wrote.
>I’m not angry with Danny anymore when he attacks me. I don’t hate him.

I would be careful in your brash judgement of someones inner feelings. JMO.

Ever since my wife expressed some doubt about the "adultery" of Linda, I've been reading all possible information to find out what is the truth.

WHERE have you done your reading? Walt Thompsons letters? Danny's letters? Mollies letters?? Broaden your reading.

Here's the truth I found. Every Linda Shelton supporter makes outrageous and slander-filled claims.
Ok, let me restate it. Every Linda Shelton supporter writes in a way that is slanted to slander and sleaze.

Consider the topic - truth is truth - like it or not.

None of Danny Shelton's (or 3ABN's) supporters make corresponding claims and, in fact, seem to go out of their way to not make anything sound sleazy or slanderous.

Those supporters you speak of are being mesmorized by the sound of a mans voice that is set upon keeping his people in the dark on truth - you may want to settle down a bit and reevaluate it all again...MSO

My conclusion?
I think Linda Shelton is a two-faced liar who writes so sweetly of wanting to support the 3ABN ministry and being its biggest prayer warrior and yet, at the same time, encourages so-called friends like Barbara Kerr writing these trash filled postings.

Think again my friend...you are incorrect. She and many of us are praying for people like you - filled with rightous indignation and judgement about something that is so shocking to you, you would rather name it, be done with it and move on, only this is much bigger then you think.

And yes, my name and email is out there. I don't hide like "sister" does.

I don't see your name anywhere...who are you? Where are you?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 19 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Skyhook, thank you for your explanation. There seems to be a strong impression that 3ABN has a pentecostal bent that is unacceptable as an SDA spouting organisation.

Stefan, welcome to the forum. Seems like that is my job today and I do not mind. Have you really heard what Danny said about his wife from the start? Don't you think that that was very unchristian in the first place? Have you heard of all the trashing that Danny does of Linda? So do you think that you are fair in your accusations here at all?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 19 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 19 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]146296[/snapback]

Hmm... So you wait till there's 4 montly payments left for Linda and then start the business of serious slander.
>For two years now I, Barbara Kerr, have kept silent regarding the happenings surrounding...

It seems that only you and "sister" seem to have the inside scoop on the secret things. And God has now chosen you and "sister" to reveal it?
>I have kept my mouth shut to the public about the things that I have known for the past two years because I knew that God would reveal every secret thing in its time.

Not according to Dr. Kuzma, who I'd trust a lot more than what you and your "sister" say.
>It was also clear early on that Linda had a receptive spirit to being counseled

Spoken like a true Christian!
>I did change my prayers the day that email arrived in my inbox. My prayer became, “Lord, scatter Danny Shelton and his family like chaff in the wind.

Amazing! This is more than indiscretion, it's outright immoral! And you make this statement in this rather obscure posting instead of publicising it as it should be?
>That particular day I wanted answers about his relationship with his step-daughter Alyssa.

Really? Read what you wrote.
>I’m not angry with Danny anymore when he attacks me. I don’t hate him.

Ever since my wife expressed some doubt about the "adultery" of Linda, I've been reading all possible information to find out what is the truth.

Here's the truth I found. Every Linda Shelton supporter makes outrageous and slander-filled claims. Ok, let me restate it. Every Linda Shelton supporter writes in a way that is slanted to slander and sleaze.
None of Danny Shelton's (or 3ABN's) supporters make corresponding claims and, in fact, seem to go out of their way to not make anything sound sleazy or slanderous.

My conclusion?
I think Linda Shelton is a two-faced liar who writes so sweetly of wanting to support the 3ABN ministry and being its biggest prayer warrior and yet, at the same time, encourages so-called friends like Barbara Kerr writing these trash filled postings.

well ummmm Steffan... you have not been paying attention, and its apparent that you left home without your nametag....

here it is.....

your are more than welcome to post your comments, we don't have to respond to them... especially since you are late to the party and don't have a clue..... Oh and welcome to the forum....

Let's not do the picture Clay. Don't want to run the new guy off because of name calling.

This post has been edited by calvin: Aug 19 2006, 03:33 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 19 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 19 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]146328[/snapback]

well ummmm Steffan... you have not been paying attention, and its apparent that you left home without your nametag....

here it is.....

your are more than welcome to post your comments, we don't have to respond to them... especially since you are late to the party and don't have a clue..... Oh and welcome to the forum....

Hey Steffan,
There's your sign! giggle.gif

This post has been edited by calvin: Aug 19 2006, 03:34 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 19 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

Hey.....pardon me....but isn't ignorance bliss? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 19 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

fair enough Calvin... after 10 posts, if he is still ummmm posting like he is clueless.... he gotta get the sign.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

since Fitzhume made his appearance the thread veered off in another direction and thus the thread was split.....
if you want to respond to anything Fitzhume brought up do it here...

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551

I will move comments made in response to him there....

I moved one comment by Re' that can go in both places so I am quoting it here.....

Re said:
QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 20 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]146614[/snapback]

as I suspected... you have no evidence... you have reacted to the info but produced none of your own... in fact I suspect you haven't even read all the material here... over 2 yrs worth..... so you don't even have enough info to make a logical determination of what is slander and what isnt...

As for your other comment if bsda is for bsda's... you haven't been here long enough to determine that either.... about the best you can say is that it probably is not for you....

take care...

...and this is sad.....
It's fine to come and debate the facts/fiction/"real" truth - but to just state "stuff/things" and not have any backup? No proof? No "research" that proves the point. I agree Clay.... maybe BSDA is not for you....because one thing that I can admit is a lie - BSDA is for me....
smile.gif
QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

What do you mean, "Am I serious?" I don't play games and I take no prisoners. Just because I am not one of the "yes" group, that mindlessly jump on the scandal wagon and ride it into the sunset. Oh, give me at least someone with an original thought here.

To answer your question, you are not giving money to a person. You are giving it to a cause, a ministry and lifeline for tens of thousands of people. What is it about that concept that people find so difficult to fathom. We are used to separatism and extractism and all manners of prejudice. We are given or to minds that thirst for tabloids and fables and fancy concotions. Our focus should be single.

3ABN is the most important media tool for getting out the Third Angel's Message. If the helm of the ship has gone afoul, that is so irrelevant to the degree of being nonsensical. We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

I have only had to do this one other time on this board - but I feel the need to do it now. You Sir/Madam have some serious diagnosable mental issues to feel that we "should not care what Mr. Shelton has done."

To state that "he may be a child molester, who cares." States volumes for your sanity and you need some form of therapy immediately. Even if what you said prior made any inkling of sense this statement alone - (with 98% of Child Molesters "re-offending") makes everything you state questionable.

I wonder if you even considered the fact that other members on this site have been molested by folks just like Danny Shelton - men in powerful positions/in the church. Sadly...

To state that "he is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way" - in regards to such things as molestation and homosexual fetishes - "who perhaps"??? Are you stating that someone that has child molestation issues and homosexual fetishes just "may" need help to "find his way"....

You are so off. Bless your heart - you could say the sky is blue and that the son is hot and I wouldn't believe you.

Why?

Because you killed all you credibility.

Yes we should pray for him (Danny Shelton) but to state that we shouldn't "care" about the stank, hideous, crimes he has done? May you not have children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren that are molested by Danny Shelton himself or a man such as him with power within the church.

snack.gif

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 20 2006, 09:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 20 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

What do you mean, "Am I serious?" I don't play games and I take no prisoners. Just because I am not one of the "yes" group, that mindlessly jump on the scandal wagon and ride it into the sunset. Oh, give me at least someone with an original thought here.

To answer your question, you are not giving money to a person. You are giving it to a cause, a ministry and lifeline for tens of thousands of people. What is it about that concept that people find so difficult to fathom. We are used to separatism and extractism and all manners of prejudice. We are given or to minds that thirst for tabloids and fables and fancy concotions. Our focus should be single.

3ABN is the most important media tool for getting out the Third Angel's Message. If the helm of the ship has gone afoul, that is so irrelevant to the degree of being nonsensical. We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

Contrary to the "brain washing" taking place in Illinois, 3ABN is NOt the most imprtatnt tool". It would like to think it is. The most important tool to God is one life lived in harmony with the bible. "When a man's way please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him". Obviously, there is not peace in West Frankfort. "If the helm of the ship has gone afoul", dear souls, that ship is floundering, it is out of control. It is time to break out the life boats. That is a ship that is going to sink very soon. Your illustrations have more power than you imagined.

Who cares if Danny is a "child molester"?
answer: the child cares
the law cares
the church cares
God himself cares
or if Danny is a "closet homosexual with fetishes",, let's just point that out to all the viewers of 3ABN and let them answer that question for you.
Here's a news flash for you: DAnny is not "the chosen one". Jesus is!
DAnny is not deserving of "respect for the leadership". He has none!
Danny apparently was asked to "build a TV station that would declare the "Undiluted Three Angels Message to the world. To counteract the counterfeit". Ley us consider that as being "DONE". It has been built. He did that job. Now it was not his job to become the "Face of Adventism". You're looking at the wrong end. So he built the station. Now get out of the way and let God's face be seen.

"Undiluted Three Angels MEssages". That disappeared long time ago.; when your brought in all his family-grown "Country Gospel Music Amateurs" to use up the airtime that belongs to the "Undiluted Three Angels Messages". Then fills the administrative offices with Pentacostals. Hardly "Undiluted" in every respect!

+Quote Post
jodi
post Aug 20 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 552

Thank you, Barbara, for standing firm on principle and having the courage to let the rest of the world know a little of what REALLY went on, not only while you worked at 3ABN those seven years, donating your time and talents to help others to never get as sick as you once were, but especially in the last two years when you chose to stay by Linda's side and remain her friend!

My heart goes out to both you and Linda for everything you have endured by incurring Danny's wrath. My prayers are for you to remain firm in your resolve to keep your eyes on Jesus, where our strength and help comes from (Psalm 29:11). God will bless you both!

Paul tells us in Romans 12:19 "...Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." The Biblical Golden Rule is: "As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head." Obadiah 12:15.

These promises tell me that God will deal with Danny...Surely he has to know a record of his life is being carefully recorded and he will give an accounting to God Himself!

As for you and Linda, I feel certain that God will open doors for you and give you much more than you could ever imagine! My prayer is that you will be richly blessed in whatever you do!

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 24 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]145517[/snapback]

signthankspin.gif Barbara for taking those risks. Truly you deserve an angel award ....angel.gif.....

And the more who take the risks the more the risks will be minimized, for Danny Shelton is nothing at all by himself. The only thing that gives him power is the Church administrators and financiers who bow at his feet and do his bidding.

May the day come quickly when our administrators will have the knowledge to form correct convictions, and the courage to act based upon those convictions rather than from fear of losing finances. Hopefully some of them will be strong in the Lord enough to realize that the thing that is closing the pocketbooks of our church members is their failure to act in appropriate ways to those who give threats. Once they step out in faith and refuse to be held hostages to a few deep pockets, God can open the windows of heaven and supply all of their needs!

Thank you again Barbara for your witness.

And thank you Calvin and all your BSDA team for providing the public place where it can be seen by all who come by.

Watchbird & Barbara
Am I wrong, I thought 3abn was am independent ministry. The money that is raised goes to 3 abn only right? I know that rich people can be powerful and I understand one is putting pressure on the GC as we speak. We need to pray that the church politics don't get in the way and that the truth will out. If all you who have been beaten by Danny were to stand up and speak out literally, could you not beat Danny/ or am I being Naive? TB

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Aug 24 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 2,087

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Aug 24 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]147903[/snapback]

Watchbird & Barbara
Am I wrong, I thought 3abn was am independent ministry. The money that is raised goes to 3 abn only right? I know that rich people can be powerful and I understand one is putting pressure on the GC as we speak. We need to pray that the church politics don't get in the way and that the truth will out. If all you who have been beaten by Danny were to stand up and speak out literally, could you not beat Danny/ or am I being Naive? TB

Yes, 3abn is an independent ministry and the monies raised go to fund their non-profit to use as the organization sees fit.

I have not heard an update on what is happening with Garwyn McNeilus and his money in the past few days. Does anyone know if our GC president has given in to Garwyn's demands of leaving Danny in his position or he'll take his money out of Global missions? And is there a public record of just how much money (percentage) that Garwyn contributes to that ministry?

I really hope the reports are not true (regarding Garwyn threatening the GC). If they are, I would hate to be in his shoes, for he is not threatening the church, he is threatening God. Money is considered a talent. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away! Oh boy ..............

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Aug 24 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 2,087

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 19 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]146296[/snapback]

Here's the truth I found. Every Linda Shelton supporter makes outrageous and slander-filled claims. Ok, let me restate it. Every Linda Shelton supporter writes in a way that is slanted to slander and sleaze.

My conclusion?

Hi Steffan,

You sound angry. I'm sorry that my letter came across to you as hurtful, but it was time to write down what had been happening.

You say that none of Danny's supporters make sleazy or slanderous comments. Clearly you haven't spent any time on the phone with Dan. He has had plenty of sleazy things to say about his wife and only a few of them were posted in my letter. It would not have been possible to write a letter that emcompassed absolutely everything that transpired in the last two years. I have given people the condensed version of what I had experienced between the two Sheltons.

John Lomacang referred to Linda as "the Devil herself". I don't know about you, but coming from a pastors lips that seems pretty inflammatory and slanderous.

I'm sorry that you feel it necessary to refer to Linda as a "two-faced-liar". She is one of the most gentle, sweet and kind people I have ever known. I'm sorry that you never really saw her when she was on the programs. That was the real Linda. It still is.

The more I think about your angry outburst, the more I suspect that you actually have had a conversation with Dan. He's really smooth, isn't he?

And as far as being a "so-called-friend" of Linda, no, go right ahead and call me her friend! I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to be called her friend because that is what I am. A friend. And until you or Danny or anyone else can show me a Bible text that says I should turn my back on my friend, I'll be right there supporting her through this nightmare.

And in comment to your accusing me of my letter being a "trash-filled-posting", I would say,
1) If the truth is trash, then according to your definition, that's what it is,... but it's still the truth.
2) I have come to a point spiritually in my life where I can "pray for justice" and be "at peace" with Danny at the same time.
3) I had a wonderful time at 3abn and I made some terrific friends and met a lot of really nice people. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything. Even you I suspect that I know. So whoever you really are, just know that I love you and I'll be praying that God will show you the truth of the situation and that he will take away your anger.

Warmly,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 25 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

You, Steffan, said: "Here's the truth I found. Every Linda Shelton supporter makes outrageous and slander-filled claims. Ok, let me restate it. Every Linda Shelton supporter writes in a way that is slanted to slander and sleaze."

I am a strong supporter of Linda.

Please post where I have made outrageous and slander filled claims. Or, please post where I have posted in a manner to slander and sleaze.

You said: "None of Danny Shelton's (or 3ABN's) supporters make corresponding claims and, in fact, seem to go out of their way to not make anything sound sleazy or slanderous."

I have several written messages from the above that do exactly that.

No, I have not posted them publicly as I do not want to post such slander and sleaze.

You have made an inaccurate statement.

This post has been edited by Observer: Aug 25 2006, 07:31 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 25 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Aug 25 2006, 04:58 AM) [snapback]147924[/snapback]

Yes, 3abn is an independent ministry and the monies raised go to fund their non-profit to use as the organization sees fit.

- - -

3ABN has been thought of as a non-profit, but recent investigations indicate that 3ABN has to be re-structured in order to meet the legal requirements for a non-profit organization. The present board does not seem to qualify, according to certain invesigations.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 25 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

My question: If 3abn is truly an independent ministry can our church do anything about Danny? We could say they arn't part of the Adventist church like they do with churches that go astray. Is there any other recourse the church would have if they decided that all these things are true and if they were willing to give up the contribitor millions? Could we really change anything at 3abn?

Truly Blonde scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church