Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:45 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
Lucyladye
post Aug 19 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]146457[/snapback]

This is just the fact of the matter. And since no one is perfect, we need to just work with what we have and realize that he needs our support and understanding. Since he felt the need to put away his wife, that is unfortunate and perhaps none of our business. Nonetheless, he is suffering daily with the responsibilities of his ministry. Why not unify and support our dear brother, Danny.

Could be he is suffering daily because all his lies and deceitfulness and guilt is catching up with him....and the responsibilities of his ministry is the LAST thing he is thinking of right now...he's thinking of how to save his own butt! Things are closing in on him...and soon he will find himself painted into a corner.

This post has been edited by Lucyladye: Aug 19 2006, 10:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 19 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Amen
I agree that all he is thinking of right now is covering his behind!
bottom.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 19 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 19 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]146459[/snapback]

a remote village in Africa? has satellite t.v. you say? So let me get this straight, some folks are in a remote village in Africa watching 3abn on satellite t.v..... yeah okay..... and I suppose they are sipping mint julips......

IPB Image

My dear brother, Clay. I appreciate your mirth more than you know. You have a sincere gift for illustration and lightness. If only things were in fact less serious, I may venture a grin but rather may I suggest that you have missed the point of my remarks.

With your wit and offlandishness you have exhibited at best some literary promise, but more than often sarcasm can be self-defeating and indicative of a shallow and contentious spirit.

It may well nigh behoove us to remember that this is warfare, and we are attributing undue attention to a mere vessel. Case in point: If God can use a dumb animal to help a prophet find his way, can he not use a regular human (clean or defiled) to help regular folks like you and I?

If you know of such a person that you respect, honor and hold in high esteem, someone else will discover that he is a unreputable scoundrel of dubious morals, full of avarice, greed and malice. He is right? You both are! It is not about the person, it is about the cause.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 19 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]146465[/snapback]

My dear brother, Clay. I appreciate your mirth more than you know. You have a sincere gift for illustration and lightness. If only things were in fact less serious, I may venture a grin but rather may I suggest that you have missed the point of my remarks.

With your wit and offlandishness you have exhibited at best some literary promise, but more than often sarcasm can be self-defeating and indicative of a shallow and contentious spirit.

It may well nigh behoove us to remember that this is warfare, and we are attributing undue attention to a mere vessel. Case in point: If God can use a dumb animal to help a prophet find his way, can he not use a regular human (clean or defiled) to help regular folks like you and I?

If you know of such a person that you respect, honor and hold in high esteem, someone else will discover that he is a unreputable scoundrel of dubious morals, full of avarice, greed and malice. He is right? You both are! It is not about the person, it is about the cause.

I know you appreciate my mirth cause you obviously have been sipping on a Long Island tea or worse....

Your comments suggest that you have not been following this sordid saga from its beginning.... You seem to have the mindset of 999,999 of your brother lemmings who think that those who share your view must be right.... What has happened at 3abn is a travesty, and at worse does not reflect Christ in any way, shape or form.... Of course you believe that the ends justify means and that as long as he is spreading "the message" its all good.... it does not...

Unfortunately given your degree of denial you would not comprehend the extent of your perceptive problems not to mention your willingness to allow a man who has literally trashed all in his path to continue because as you put it, God can use a regular human being like you and I.....

You my friend are without a clue and have no idea where a clue may be purchased... the scary part is that I am sure there are more people in the church like you.... and the bodies are piling up daily....

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 19 2006, 10:33 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 19 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]146465[/snapback]

Sounds to me like you are arguing with yourself, and you should be. I hope you listen to your own words....God will use whatever He needs. He also gave us brains, and sometimes its a test to see if we trust HIM or the VESSEL. I trust Him, I do not trust this vessel, and if this vessel affects me, my church, and people that work for the vessel, I am to turn the other way and say "it's for the greater good"? I know, you didn't address me when you wrote this, but, I just can't help myself. BTW, when a plate or pot or glass or some other kind of "vessel" breaks in my kitchen, I toss it, for it is of no value - yes, it may still hold some stuff in it - but it continues to leak, corrupt what it touches and get worse. It really does fail from what's original use was. I see Dan the same way, only he made deliberate choices to play with fire, now he is burned and will have to suffer the consequences. Forgiveness is His - God knows if he will be willing to repent. But, the damage is done, and for that, he is best to surrender and get out of the way. As you say, many peoples christian experience may be at stake. Although, I sure hope they figure out someday that it's about Jesus, and not the "vessel".

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 19 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 19 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]146460[/snapback]

So to you, the ends justify the means? To you, all sin is excusable if it is made up for by "good works"? PLEEEZE! Anytime these people in remote parts of the world can tune in to see SOMEONE ELSE TOO and have the same blessing, and probably more of one, because it will be from someone that has the LOVE of Jesus in their hearts, which means that behind the scenes, he is treating people, HIS WIFE, FAMILY, you name it, LIKE A CHRISTIAN MAN SHOULD - and if it was a women, the same in her case. You are pushing buttons, for your sake I hope - to hear the COMMON SENSE come back to you like a mirror that you need in order to see the error in your thinking (rationalizing, that is).

And for the record, Danny did NOT put away his wife - he crucified her. Jesus NEVER treated people this way. EVER. no.gif

One more thing....which board member/payee will be next to come here to BSDA and sing this sorry sad delusional tune? "NEXT PLEASE".

No, another thing...your words
"Even if he is guilty, he is the face of adventism" caught my eye - you are seeing the real problem now, and you are trying to justify it. He is not the face of adventism. All of us are. Anyone who carries the name of Jesus reflect Jesus. I am a christian. I am not an SDA first. Danny should be a christian, that is what matters. No one gets much from him, it's the programs. Would you like to take a pole on that? Stop making excuses. It's over. No more of the craziness. Truth will prevail in spite of this continued cover up. God operates on truth - not on games or coverups, and He certainly doesn't need Dan or 3abn to get HIS everlasting gospel out to the farest reaches of this planet. Stop drinking that koolaid of yours. It's making you see crosseyed.

To respond, I am not a member of 3ABN, but this lynching of our dear brother should cause some concern in all of us. What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be). He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing is job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

A true adventist church will do far more in retrospect to bring the message to the world. We should hasten to send 3ABN our monitary support and do so ungrudgingly and without discrimitation. We should not begrudge him his prosperity. His prosperity is even more indicative that he has the support and love of so many. So let us have the spirit of gladness and gentleness as we progress in this journey.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 19 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]146480[/snapback]

To respond, I am not a member of 3ABN, but this lynching of our dear brother should cause some concern in all of us. What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be). He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing is job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

A true adventist church will do far more in retrospect to bring the message to the world. We should hasten to send 3ABN our monitary support and do so ungrudgingly and without discrimitation. We should not begrudge him his prosperity. His prosperity is even more indicative that he has the support and love of so many. So let us have the spirit of gladness and gentleness as we progress in this journey.

Are you serious?
We should give him our money no matter what he does with it? And if he is gaining money from it, than that is better and shows God is blessing??
How in the world does this make any sense?
I'm sorry, but I refuse to back someone who will misuse the funds that an old lady will give them. And I also refuse to back someone who will treat people the way that I have personally seen them be treated.
I'm sorry J. Fitzhume but I can't and I won't.

--------------------

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 19 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 19 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]146482[/snapback]

Are you serious?
We should give him our money no matter what he does with it? And if he is gaining money from it, than that is better and shows God is blessing??
How in the world does this make any sense?
I'm sorry, but I refuse to back someone who will misuse the funds that an old lady will give them. And I also refuse to back someone who will treat people the way that I have personally seen them be treated.
I'm sorry J. Fitzhume but I can't and I won't.

You know PT, I think this person is playing the devils advocate? I can't believe that someone actually thinks this way and can use technology to do it without an agenda in mind.... Almost everything he/she says is OPPISITE of how a christian should be - should handle something, and should deal with sin.
I think maybe there is another rat in da house! giggle.gif
I think he/she should get less attention...it's another wheel-SPINNER!!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 20 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 20 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]146484[/snapback]

You know PT, I think this person is playing the devils advocate? I can't believe that someone actually thinks this way and can use technology to do it without an agenda in mind.... Almost everything he/she says is OPPISITE of how a christian should be - should handle something, and should deal with sin.
I think maybe there is another rat in da house! giggle.gif
I think he/she should get less attention...it's another wheel-SPINNER!!

Agreed sonshine!

I'm going to take my snacks
popcom.gif pepsi.gif snack.gif
and my blankey
cloud9.gif
and duck behind the sofa!
sofa1.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 20 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 19 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]146486[/snapback]

Agreed sonshine!
and my blankey
cloud9.gif
sofa1.gif

I'm think I'll join ya, do ya mind? I've got my snacks and my own blankey too,
I'll be right there! bye.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 20 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 20 2006, 02:11 AM) [snapback]146487[/snapback]

I'm think I'll join ya, do ya mind? I've got my snacks and my own blankey too,
I'll be right there! bye.gif

come on...
i've even got extra pillows!

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Aug 20 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #42

Guests

Fitzhume,

Speaking of "dumb animals" it takes a real donkey to go around calling himself the "face of Adventism" and then act like it's no big deal that he dumps his wife (or like you say "put her away") to hook up with a younger one. He might be the smelly armpit of Adventism but he is certainly not the face of my church. And if Danny, bless his heart, is the "face" of Adventism, it's time for an EXTREME makeover!

Am I the only one seeing what's really going on here? I also detect a bit of that old "r" word in this line:

It's the southern good ol' boy network at work brothers and sisters - give the folks dog poop wrapped in shiny paper and they'll all be happy. But don't let 'em get too educated about it! The "Lawd's work" wont go forward if the people know that it's really dog poop dished out by a man who "put away his wife" to get a new one.

If you want to play the race card and try to tell us that your man Dan in shiny wrapping paper is "far more effective" than the pastors all over this country in the regional churches who go to work each day to win souls one on one, then you've got another thing coming.

Go ahead and make this "indispensable assette" your pope or your Santa Claus. Maybe you cannot live without him, but do NOT call him the face of Adventism.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Aug 20 2006, 12:56 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 20 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]146480[/snapback]

What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be). He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing his job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

I thought these Fitzhume posts were all meant to be humorous.

I especially liked this one:
What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be).

And the human being as the indispensable asset was really good, too.
Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset

Of course, it's an indispensible asset that is, elsewhere, a mere vessel, buy why quibble about the details? When you're on a roll, you're on a roll.
It may well nigh behoove us to remember that this is warfare, and we are attributing undue attention to a mere vessel.

And this really is a gem:
Case in point: If God can use a dumb animal to help a prophet find his way, can he not use a regular human (clean or defiled) to help regular folks like you and I?

If God can use a dumb animal, either clean or defiled...... You have to admit, that's good. roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 20 2006, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 20 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Yeah, P_P, I agree that that Fitzhume is just having fun at the thread's expense.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Aug 20 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 20 2006, 03:02 AM) [snapback]146486[/snapback]

Agreed sonshine!
and my blankey
cloud9.gif
sofa1.gif

any room behind that sofa for me, PT? I can not believe this guy...I suppose we are entitled to our own opinions notwitstanding how misguided they are...oh well... no.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church