Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:51 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
caribbean sda
post Aug 20 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

3ABN is the most important media tool for getting out the Third Angel's Message. If the helm of the ship has gone afoul, that is so irrelevant to the degree of being nonsensical. We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

What's this? support the message...but disregard the messenger? no.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 20 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 20 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]146588[/snapback]

I have been exactly where you've been. What channel is it that you watch where Danny "slandered" anyone? On one side I see Christian restraint, on the other, slander. Which side do you think I would believe?

Linda's supporters seem to be quite willing to make the most divisive and foul innuendos. I have yet to see anything that even comes close to that from Danny's "supporters"

Hey, if Linda remarried or even went to close to the doctor, don't you think it would prove whatever was said so far? What do you think any person with brains would do? Confirm the affair right away?

I'm sorry that this forum seems to be more pro-slander and less pro-turth.

And, by the way, I never did ask anybody to reveal their identity.

and less

I can answer some of these questions for you:
"What channel is it that you watch where Danny "slandered" anyone?"It has been on the "Three Angels Broadcasting Network". Ever heard of that channel?

"I have yet to see anything that even comes close to that from Danny's "supporters"".

If the definition of Danny's supporters inludes his employees and operating board, then you can start with these people. Danny and the "operating bored" qualify. After all the letters that they sent out to pastors, to conferences, to churches, and to supporters that Linda had committed "spiritual Adultery", (not to mention HIS unbecoming behaviors) and that she "Chose to go a different way ...". Is it Christian-like to call the churches where Linda had appointments to sing and speak, and tell them things in order to get her appointment cancelled? pray tell, cancel her appointment for what reason??? Those reason given, ... were they not slanderous???

"Hey, if Linda remarried or even went to close to the doctor, don't you think it would prove whatever was said so far? What do you think any person with brains would do? Confirm the affair right away?"

Hey back to ya'. On this basis, "event went close"?, does that mean that DANNY, "who even went close" to his stepdaughter, is guilty in the eyes of "any person with brains would" confirm (what? "the affair right away", (are you suggesting: Adultery/molestation/incest?) If "guilt by proximity" is reasonable, then all "3ABN" is adulterous!

"My boy is guilty of what? Saying almost nothing? Remember what happened to the former GC president? Do you really think that the _entire_ board of directors, at least one of whom would be Christian, could go along with this supposedly sleazy character?"

One line at a time:
Who care how much one says about another person if what is being said coming rom the mouths of ones chosen representatives, at the request of the one who is so filled with hatred?.
Whatever happened to "mending broken people". If Danny truly believed in thios he would have "mended :Linda first". "Love and evangelism begins in the home!
"Support this sleazy character"? YUP! it happen every time one's job and ministry is threatened if you don't support the "sleazy charachter". You may lose all you have ever held dear, and your life savings, and your friends, to name a few of the reasons why "sleazy characters" get supported.

In reference to his being "misguided" in some of his deeds: With whomw does he surround himself? Where does he get his guidance? from his "operating bored". If Danny is misguided then he needs a new "guiding light". Because the script you have been writing has been written for the likes of a "soap opera". And it has about as much reasoning in it.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #63

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 20 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]146614[/snapback]

as I suspected... you have no evidence... you have reacted to the info but produced none of your own... in fact I suspect you haven't even read all the material here... over 2 yrs worth..... so you don't even have enough info to make a logical determination of what is slander and what isnt...

As for your other comment if bsda is for bsda's... you haven't been here long enough to determine that either.... about the best you can say is that it probably is not for you....

take care...

...and this is sad.....
It's fine to come and debate the facts/fiction/"real" truth - but to just state "stuff/things" and not have any backup? No proof? No "research" that proves the point. I agree Clay.... maybe BSDA is not for you....because one thing that I can admit is a lie - BSDA is for me....
smile.gif
QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

What do you mean, "Am I serious?" I don't play games and I take no prisoners. Just because I am not one of the "yes" group, that mindlessly jump on the scandal wagon and ride it into the sunset. Oh, give me at least someone with an original thought here.

To answer your question, you are not giving money to a person. You are giving it to a cause, a ministry and lifeline for tens of thousands of people. What is it about that concept that people find so difficult to fathom. We are used to separatism and extractism and all manners of prejudice. We are given or to minds that thirst for tabloids and fables and fancy concotions. Our focus should be single.

3ABN is the most important media tool for getting out the Third Angel's Message. If the helm of the ship has gone afoul, that is so irrelevant to the degree of being nonsensical. We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

I have only had to do this one other time on this board - but I feel the need to do it now. You Sir/Madam have some serious diagnosable mental issues to feel that we "should not care what Mr. Shelton has done."

To state that "he may be a child molester, who cares." States volumes for your sanity and you need some form of therapy immediately. Even if what you said prior made any inkling of sense this statement alone - (with 98% of Child Molesters "re-offending") makes everything you state questionable.

I wonder if you even considered the fact that other members on this site have been molested by folks just like Danny Shelton - men in powerful positions/in the church. Sadly...

To state that "he is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way" - in regards to such things as molestation and homosexual fetishes - "who perhaps"??? Are you stating that someone that has child molestation issues and homosexual fetishes just "may" need help to "find his way"....

You are so off. Bless your heart - you could say the sky is blue and that the son is hot and I wouldn't believe you.

Why?

Because you killed all you credibility.

Yes we should pray for him (Danny Shelton) but to state that we shouldn't "care" about the stank, hideous, crimes he has done? May you not have children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren that are molested by Danny Shelton himself or a man such as him with power within the church.

snack.gif

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]146375[/snapback]

We do not appoint. God appoints. It is not ours to question His lead, is it.

Why can't we all just work together for the better good of all. Even if guilty of all said, he is still the appointed face of adventism, is he not.

The "appointed face of adventism".... I thought that would be JESUS CHRIST/CHRIST JESUS?

My bad...

You got another "god".... nono.gif

snack.gif

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 20 2006, 09:55 AM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Aug 20 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

whut?...say whut...no he didn't...oh yessa he went there...

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: Aug 20 2006, 10:32 AM

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 20 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

Wow, J.Fitzhume is WAY off his rocker. I personally do not care what his opinion of Danny Shelton or 3ABN is--as far as I'm concerned he is in the MINORITY! It's interesting though that his mentality is strangly (or not strangly) familiar to Danny's himself.

I believe that he came here to rile folks up...let's not give him the satisfaction.

So J. Fitzhume, TELL IT TO THE HAND! We're not buying what you're selling and in time all the truth will be revealed--and if you can't stand the truth then perhaps you'd better leave!

September.

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Aug 20 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

How do we know that 3ABN hasn't paid anyone to come to this forum to serve as a dissenting point-of-view? unsure.gif

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #67

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

...and I still suggest serious intensive mental health therapy in regards to your asinine suggestions in regards to molestation.

furious.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Aug 20 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 20 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]146657[/snapback]

...and I still suggest serious intensive mental health therapy in regards to your asinine suggestions in regards to molestation.

furious.gif

Shock therapy wouldn't be a bad idea either.

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 20 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(alramwill @ Aug 20 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]146655[/snapback]

How do we know that 3ABN hasn't paid anyone to come to this forum to serve as a dissenting point-of-view? unsure.gif

Well, if someone did....it wasn't a very good investment on their part! roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #70

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lucyladye @ Aug 20 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]146671[/snapback]

Well, if someone did....it wasn't a very good investment on their part! roflmao.gif

....they could add that to the rest of the "misappropriated/misaligned/mismanaged" dividends of 3ABN....

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 20 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 20 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]146675[/snapback]

....they could add that to the rest of the "misappropriated/misaligned/mismanaged" dividends of 3ABN....

snack.gif

Maybe that's the pot it came from. giggle.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

thumbdown.gif An interesting observation. From where I sit -- having spent a few years in the US and attended some "regional" churches -- these churches have a repuation among us "white folks" of being more alive and more successful in soul winning than our white churches.

Oh well, this guy didn't get anything else right either. So a good rule of thumb is that the facts are the exact opposite of each of his statements. uhm.gif

We seem to be developing a pattern -- first an infallible human being, now fitzroy, both with the same message, one stronger than the other ... uhm.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 20 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]146657[/snapback]

furious.gif

I have no hesitation to say that his suggestion is worse than "asinine," it's downright evil!" In fact it's so obviously and thoroughly evil, with his other suggestions being largly asinine, that I'm really wondering whether this guy can be for real or whether all his statements are meant to be sarcasm, with the opposite of each statement being the truth.

Is it really possible that someone can be that far gone???

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 20 2006, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 19 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]146444[/snapback]

Danny never had the authority to be the appointed face of Adventism. Ever.

Cant lose what you never had. The declarations from one's delusions of adequacy and then the affirmation of sycophants and bootlickers are irrelevant to those of us who live in the real world.

Right on! As far as I can see, Danny has successfully exploited God's message for this time for his own goals of power and financial success.

I find it amazing how he has been able to hi-jack the Three Angels' Messages of Revelation by the simple expedient of naming his TV Network Three Angels Broadcasting network. That does not mean that that's what the vision of Revelation was all about!! It does not mean that Danny and his gang were appointed by God!!

Okay, so most members of this forum know this, but I still read some hints now and then that folks believe that 3ABN was to fulfill the vision of Revelation.

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 20 2006, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 20 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

I think they have escaped from here.
IPB Image

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #75

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

I jes can't believe that anyone that calls themselves a CHRISTian is advocating that we "not care" about child molestation.

1. Have any of your children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren been molested?

2. Have you yourself been molested?

Worse even still...

3. ARE YOU A MOLESTER THAT WANTS TO CONTINUE DOING YOUR EVIL!

I think I may be close....

yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church