Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:49 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
BrotherBill
post Aug 20 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]146457[/snapback]

Even if he is guilty, he is the face of adventism. When a person from the remote villiage of Africa tunes in to 3ABN he sees Mr. Shelton - The face of adventism. He does not see you, me or the local pastor. He does not see the conference president. He sees a face that is synonomous with our organization from a media that reaches more people in a week than all of the other ministries combined do in a year. The same scenario is true with at least 120 other countries worldwide.

This is just the fact of the matter. And since no one is perfect, we need to just work with what we have and realize that he needs our support and understanding. Since he felt the need to put away his wife, that is unfortunate and perhaps none of our business. Nonetheless, he is suffering daily with the responsibilities of his ministry. Why not unify and support our dear brother, Danny.

His ex-wife is being used of God as well, and that is the beauty of how God works all things together for His greater good. Don't you agree?

Would you have rallied around brother Adolf in 1939? He was the face of the Nazi Party. Should you have? NO, because he was WRONG.

If you were a Catholic, should you rally around the Pope who is the face of your religion, even after you have heard the truth? NO, because he would be WRONG.

Should I rally around Danny, though he is not acting in a Christian way? NO, because he is WRONG.

I do support the message of 3ABN. I think that it is SAD that Danny is at it's helm.

Oh, and as for his ex-wife being used for God and whether I agree; she absolutely is, DESPITE HIS BEST EFFORTS TO BLOCK HER EVERY ATTEMPT. BTW, his success in blocking her efforts to DO THE LORD'S WORK do not help convince me to support him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 20 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]146480[/snapback]

To respond, I am not a member of 3ABN, but this lynching of our dear brother should cause some concern in all of us. What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be). He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing is job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

A true adventist church will do far more in retrospect to bring the message to the world. We should hasten to send 3ABN our monitary support and do so ungrudgingly and without discrimitation. We should not begrudge him his prosperity. His prosperity is even more indicative that he has the support and love of so many. So let us have the spirit of gladness and gentleness as we progress in this journey.

I appreciate your post. You seem to be genuinely concerned with the message. I am too, and I believe almost everyone on this forum is too. I also believe no one who has your position could now, or ever have been, employed by 3ABN, or otherwise associated with them for long.

Danny is talented, charismatic and highly effective. However, as I mentioned in a previous reply, so was Adolf Hitler. For that matter, so is Osama Bin Laden. So was the last Pope. In each of these cases, their abilities should not affect our assessment of their character, or their moral authority to lead.

3 ABN has done a lot for the Church. I hope it does a lot more. God may continue to use this ministry despite the horrible actions Danny has chosen for himself. Because I know of many of those actions, I simply must disagree with you about the financial support. The Hope Channel and other avenues can be just as used by God, and they need our money too.

Finally, I don't agree (and I don't think you can support) that Danny's prosperity is indicative that he has the support and love of so many. He may be getting support from one very wealthy person who just has a passion for 3ABN. Historically, has one's prosperity been directly related to the love and support of many?

+Quote Post
Jewel50
post Aug 20 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,871

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

Must be the money that makes him so charismatic because he is not charismtic to me. Matter of fact shame on me even before his crimes hit the waves I fell alseep when he came on and had to turn him off. I am sorry for feeling that way about another human but that is the honest truth. Try it some time it is good for the soul.

And what does far more effective than other lesser ministries in YOUR CONFERENCES mean by the way? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 20 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Wow is all I can say. I think I just entered the twilight zone! doh.gif giggle.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 20 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]146480[/snapback]

To respond, I am not a member of 3ABN, but this lynching of our dear brother should cause some concern in all of us.

'Lynching'??? Have you no shame, sir??? You might want to consider where you are before you begin throwing around such terms. I, for one, find it offensive that you would use that term referring to how Danny has been examined. The closest thing to lynching in this whole matter is in how Linda Shelton was treated; your saying Danny has been lynched is as offensive as it would be if you went to a women's forum and categorized it as rape. This, in case you forgot, is *Black* SDA... Black as in African American and there are members of this forum who have had people in their family who were, in fact, lynched and for you to use that term in the midst of such,especially in applying it to how Danny has been portrayed is abominable.

What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be).

I've never climbed in my stepdaughter's bed in the middle of the night to give her " back rubs"... have you? That and other things are far worse than "what we do each day".

He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing is job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

Herein lies the crux of the flaw in your argument. Danny is expendable; as expendable as you or I. Even if I were to concede that he was preaching God's message ( which I don't, BTW), if Danny were hit by a semi tomorrow, God's message still wouldn't go unpreached... as Jesus said... if need be, the rocks themselves would shout.

God doesn't need Danny Shelton.

God doesn't need 3ABN.

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality,

which would be great if he were selling used cars...

and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

Do you usually have a burnt offering when you do your Danny worship? Just wondering... here's a news flash for ya.... the non-caucasian membership of this church is growing in the NAD at a great rate... among people who 3ABN hasn't not even acknowledged as a targeted demographic and who 3ABN has not sought to preach to. Without any help from Danny Shelton and 3ABN, the Allegheny East Conference has surpassed the Potomac conference as the largest conference in the Columbia Union and has had consistent and continual growth in tithe received and membership for the last decade in the same geographic areas where the non-regional conferences have been declining in both in this union.

IOW, wake up, Muttley; you're dreamin' again. In the fastest growing sector of this church 3ABN is not even an afterthought where evangelistic effort is concerned... and the work prospers without them.

Indispensable? Hardly...

A true adventist church will do far more in retrospect to bring the message to the world. We should hasten to send 3ABN our monitary support and do so ungrudgingly and without discrimitation. We should not begrudge him his prosperity. His prosperity is even more indicative that he has the support and love of so many. So let us have the spirit of gladness and gentleness as we progress in this journey.

You should hasten to put down that crack pipe and slowly back away; that stuff is making you ign'ant. Prosperity is not indicative of God's blessing; I know drug dealers who are 'prosperous'. You want to continue to give to the Danny Shelton Jet Fuel fund, that's up to you... it's dumb... but still up to you... those of us with a clue will pass. I will not even consider giving to such a one as he who hold me and those of my ethnicity in such disdain. Don't be fooled by his partnership with Wintley Phipps; that is about money and I would hope Pastor Phipps, if not smart enough to avoid being bothered altogether, would be as least smart enough to know that if one is going to sup with the devil, he'd better use a long handled spoon. Danny has made more than a few overtyly racist statements and tried to pass them off as just his "aw shucks, I'm just a poor dumb country boy" persona; some of them witnessed and testified to first hand by members of this forum and in the dealings he has had with this forum, his contempt is plain to see.

Maybe it's his Shekinah GloryTM that blinds you (he got it on sale at Wal-Mart; really bright but needs a lot of batteries).... maybe you've become addicted to drinking the kool-aid.... maybe it was those rides home from school on that short bus... but whatever it is, one of the symptoms is a selective myopia that affects how you see things... but I hear they make a really good eyesalve in Laodicea...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Jewel50
post Aug 20 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 1,871

Constantly the Pharisees tried to lead Christ away from the principles of God's government. Making a great profession of piety, they sought to lead Him to swerve from His allegiance. Satan has persuaded many men to deviate from principle by telling them that the end will justify the means. Reasoning from a human standpoint, they excuse themselves for wrongdoing by saying that the cause of God would be the gainer in their unfaithful dealing. This deviation from the holy principles of heaven has placed them in the ranks of the great deceiver. . . .

{Upward Look Page 195.4}

The originator of all evil, Satan comes with stealthy tread, presenting plausible theories to the people of God, telling them that if they do this or that, even tho it may be questionable, they will gain great advantage, and the end will justify the means. He tries to persuade them that the eating of the forbidden fruit will be to them a source of great good. When men listen to him, the spiritual eyesight is dimmed, and the power of distinguishing between good and evil is lost. Mrs. E. G. White.

{Signs of the Times, November 6, 1901 par. 7}

This is the true way a person should be the "face of Adventism"

The Father knows how you represent him to the world. He knows just what impression you make upon those around you. Your words and actions are all written in the books of heaven, and in order to rightly represent Jesus to the world, the converting power of God must be felt upon your own heart from day to day. When you go forth to the people, in the market-place, as you walk the street, in whatever occupation you are engaged, you are to have a living connection with God, and represent the character of Christ to the world. Jesus said, "As the Father hath sent me, so have I sent you." As Christ was to represent the Father, so the followers of Christ are to represent their Lord to men. Your life is to be hid with Christ in God. {ST, February 22, 1892 par. 11}

Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen. Isa. 43:10

The life that Christ lived in this world, men and women can live through His power and under His instruction. In their conflict with Satan they may have all the help that He had. . . . {Amazing Grace 247.2}

The lives of professing Christians who do not live the Christ life are a mockery to religion. Every one whose name is registered on the church roll is under obligation to represent Christ by revealing the inward adorning of a meek and quiet spirit. They are to be His witnesses, making known the advantages of walking and working as Christ has given them example. The truth for this time is to appear in its power in the lives of those who believe it, and is to be imparted to the world. Believers are to represent in their lives, its power to sanctify and ennoble. . . . They are to show forth the power of the grace that Christ died to give men. . . . They are to be men of faith, men of courage, whole-souled men, who, without questioning, trust in God and His promises. . . . {AG 247.3}

There must be no pretense in the lives of those who have so sacred and solemn a message as we have been called to bear. The world is watching Seventh-day Adventists because it knows something of their profession of faith and of their high standard, and when it sees those who do not live up to their profession, it points at them with scorn. {AG 247.4}

Those who love Jesus will bring all in their lives into harmony with His will. . . . Through the grace of God they are enabled to keep their purity of principle unsullied. Holy angels are close beside them, and Christ is revealed in their steadfast adherence to the truth. They are Christ's minutemen, bearing, as true witnesses, a decided testimony in favor of the truth. They show that there is a spiritual power that can enable men and women not to swerve an inch from truth and justice for all the gifts that men can bestow. Such ones, wherever they may be, will be honored of heaven because they have conformed their lives to the will of God, caring not what sacrifices they are called upon to make. {AG 247.5}

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Aug 20 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 20 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]146528[/snapback]

'Lynching'??? Have you no shame, sir??? You might want to consider where you are before you begin throwing around such terms. I, for one, find it offensive that you would use that term referring to how Danny has been examined. The closest thing to lynching in this whole matter is in how Linda Shelton was treated; your saying Danny has been lynched is as offensive as it would be if you went to a women's forum and categorized it as rape. This, in case you forgot, is *Black* SDA... Black as in African American and there are members of this forum who have had people in their family who were, in fact, lynched and for you to use that term in the midst of such,especially in applying it to how Danny has been portrayed is abominable.
In His service,
Mr. J

I could not have said it better myself...If only people would think before they "speak..."
No one is denying that 3ABN has done well in spreading the Advent message...but the leadership is fraught with problems and sooner or later those problems are going to mushroom and overshadow the message, if that hasn't happened already...and then what...?

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

me thinks Fitzy is yet another provocateur at best.... or at worse a rube.... either way.... dialogue while interesting will not be beneficial..... IMO....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
steffan
post Aug 20 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

I have been exactly where you've been. What channel is it that you watch where Danny "slandered" anyone? On one side I see Christian restraint, on the other, slander. Which side do you think I would believe?

Linda's supporters seem to be quite willing to make the most divisive and foul innuendos. I have yet to see anything that even comes close to that from Danny's "supporters"

Hey, if Linda remarried or even went to close to the doctor, don't you think it would prove whatever was said so far? What do you think any person with brains would do? Confirm the affair right away?

My boy is guilty of what? Saying almost nothing? Remember what happened to the former GC president? Do you really think that the _entire_ board of directors, at least one of whom would be Christian, could go along with this supposedly sleazy character?

I'm sorry that this forum seems to be more pro-slander and less pro-turth.

And, by the way, I never did ask anybody to reveal their identity.

and less
QUOTE(Chez @ Aug 19 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]146452[/snapback]

Where have you been? You apparently don't watch 3ABN. Danny has slandered Linda's name before many of us knew what was going on. Have you been staying at the Space Station for the last two years? We've heard more slander against Linda from Danny and his camp than from Linda and people who know her. In addition, Danny has sabotaged or tried to sabotage the careers of anyone who disagrees with him. Have you heard that from Linda's supporters? It appears that Danny got rid of Linda to marry another woman. Has Linda remarried? What I hear is that she has no plans to remarry, but your boy, Danny, got remarried. My students would probably not agree with your analysis of the guilty one. The truth speaks for itself. Your boy is guilty. No matter how much lye soap that he uses, his character is smelling up the place. My sense of smell is excellent.

Chez

P.S. It is my perogative to give my full name and/or my nickname on this forum!

+Quote Post
steffan
post Aug 20 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Yes, that's my real name and here's the rest of the information.
steffankp@gmail.com
Steffan Philip

I didn't admonish "sister" but instead pointed out that unlike her, I don't hide my identity. And do I want to know her identity? Not in the slightest. She can remain anonymously slanderous as long as she wants.

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 19 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]146300[/snapback]

So Steffan (if that is a real name) what is your real name, your identity? dunno.gif I don't know anything more about you than I do of Sister. I don't take issue with your right to post an opinion here. But please spare us the self-righteous indignation. Don't admonish anyone for not revealing their identity if you won't do the same.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 20 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]146588[/snapback]

I have been exactly where you've been. What channel is it that you watch where Danny "slandered" anyone? On one side I see Christian restraint, on the other, slander. Which side do you think I would believe?

Linda's supporters seem to be quite willing to make the most divisive and foul innuendos. I have yet to see anything that even comes close to that from Danny's "supporters"

Hey, if Linda remarried or even went to close to the doctor, don't you think it would prove whatever was said so far? What do you think any person with brains would do? Confirm the affair right away?

My boy is guilty of what? Saying almost nothing? Remember what happened to the former GC president? Do you really think that the _entire_ board of directors, at least one of whom would be Christian, could go along with this supposedly sleazy character?

I'm sorry that this forum seems to be more pro-slander and less pro-turth.

And, by the way, I never did ask anybody to reveal their identity.

and less

as Calvin says... BSDA aint for everybody... so if you don't think we aren't discussing truth..... keep walking bro.... no one is forcing you to stay....

It is interesting to note that with all your ummm posturing you have not presented one shread of "evidence" to the contrary... so... put up or shut up...

--------------------

+Quote Post
steffan
post Aug 20 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

I guess the basic question is whether BSDA is even for BSDAs at all or whether it's just a slander site.

You're right, I'll have to walk.

My evidence is the difference between the words of the supporters.

Goodbye and God bless.

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 20 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]146600[/snapback]

as Calvin says... BSDA aint for everybody... so if you don't think we aren't discussing truth..... keep walking bro.... no one is forcing you to stay....

It is interesting to note that with all your ummm posturing you have not presented one shread of "evidence" to the contrary... so... put up or shut up...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(steffan @ Aug 20 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]146610[/snapback]

I guess the basic question is whether BSDA is even for BSDAs at all or whether it's just a slander site.

You're right, I'll have to walk.

My evidence is the difference between the words of the supporters.

Goodbye and God bless.

as I suspected... you have no evidence... you have reacted to the info but produced none of your own... in fact I suspect you haven't even read all the material here... over 2 yrs worth..... so you don't even have enough info to make a logical determination of what is slander and what isnt...

As for your other comment if bsda is for bsda's... you haven't been here long enough to determine that either.... about the best you can say is that it probably is not for you....

take care...

--------------------

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 20 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 19 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]146484[/snapback]

You know PT, I think this person is playing the devils advocate? I can't believe that someone actually thinks this way and can use technology to do it without an agenda in mind.... Almost everything he/she says is OPPISITE of how a christian should be - should handle something, and should deal with sin.
I think maybe there is another rat in da house! giggle.gif
I think he/she should get less attention...it's another wheel-SPINNER!!

What do you mean, "Am I serious?" I don't play games and I take no prisoners. Just because I am not one of the "yes" group, that mindlessly jump on the scandal wagon and ride it into the sunset. Oh, give me at least someone with an original thought here.

To answer your question, you are not giving money to a person. You are giving it to a cause, a ministry and lifeline for tens of thousands of people. What is it about that concept that people find so difficult to fathom. We are used to separatism and extractism and all manners of prejudice. We are given or to minds that thirst for tabloids and fables and fancy concotions. Our focus should be single.

3ABN is the most important media tool for getting out the Third Angel's Message. If the helm of the ship has gone afoul, that is so irrelevant to the degree of being nonsensical. We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 20 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

Steffan, are you proposing Danny's behavior as an example of how Christian men should honor and cherish their wives and respect their marriage vows?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church