Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10713&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Viewer's Version, Another side of the story
country bumpkin
post Sep 12 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #196

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,196

[Watchbird,
I will not dispute the fact that 3ABN had some anti-church programs on in the beginning. My mother is an ultra-conservative and glories in these ideas. That is why, when Danny became so cozy with the church these last few years, he had, according to her, “apostatized” with the rest of the church. But that is not my issue. I have only 2 issues on this site.
1) Both Danny and Linda became proud and that was the reason for the fall
2) If our hearts are not right with God, we are no better then they are. We just look better.
Recently I have added a third.
3) God is the only one who can fix this mess to his glory.

Aside from that, in my opinion, the rest is just speculation, hearsay, and endless accusations (founded or unfounded)

That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.!

[quote name='watchbird' date='Sep 12 2006, 11:23 AM' post='151493']
Bear is not one to defend himself..... and while he calls himself a "beartrap"..... a moniker such as "Gentle Ben" would have been much more appropriate. When it comest to standing for truth, however, Bear does indeed have all the tenacity and unyeildingness of a beartrap's tempered steel when it comes to standing for what is right..... no matter what it may cost to do so.

Maybe my writing skills are not as clear as I think they are. My point was that I don’t know Beartrap from Danny and that given the same circumstances; he may have succumbed to pride and done the same thing. He doesn’t need to defend himself. No one does. It only adds validity to the accusation. As Danny said that Linda use to say, “We can either be garbage collectors or spread showers of blessings.” I’m just grateful that God is able to clear up any circumstance to His glory.

CB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 12 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #197

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

My friend has done some edting in the last few lines. Here is the new article:

[quote name='Johann' date='Sep 12 2006, 01:06 AM' post='151354']
A concerned pastor in the Nortwest USA has used his sabbatical to study this issue. He has come to the following conclusion:

09-09-06

The letter from Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, dated June 20, 2006, in which he sets forth to refute the charges of slander brought against himself and Linda Shelton, isn’t the first information I have ever received about the stuff going on at 3ABN. I know other people who have been close to this situation. It is an unbelievable mess.

If there is even a shred of truth to the letter written by the doctor then there should be a way to get at what really happened back there at 3ABN. A very clear principle is apparently being ignored. The problem is that this principle is violated over and over and over again in the Adventist Church. So God waits. But how long will He continue to wait before He acts with merciful precision and terrifying certainty? When there is serious conflict in any church setting, all the parties involved should be given a “time out” until the issues and conflicts are cleared up completely or exposed for what they really are. This encourages the parties who are in conflict to see exactly how serious this matter is to the entire church. (Consider, by way of example, 2 Thess. 3:14-15; 1 Cor. 5:9-11). If the parties will not cooperate then whatever ministries they are the head of, or involved in, need to come to an end or their personal involvement with that particular ministry must be terminated. Since there seems to be no possible way to bring this kind of pressure on Danny then all individuals who use 3ABN should immediately stop putting programs on the air and should immediately stop attempting to get 3ABN on the air in any venue or location. They should begin a fasting and prayer vigil, pleading with God to do whatever He must do to bring the full truth of this dispute out into the True Light. They should confess and deal with the sins in their own lives so God can work uninhibited. The administrations of the Local Conference, Union Conference and Division need to convene a board of inquiry. This board must be made up of only those people who have no vested interest or conflict of interest with 3ABN. (If it is true that the local Conference President sits on the governing board at 3ABN and that his own parents actually work for 3ABN then I wonder if he ever stopped to think that he has created a huge conflict-of-interest for himself? How is he able to sit on the very board that hires and fires his own constituents? There is no possible way anyone can say that this is exactly the same situation as individuals being hired and fired from the Local Conference. The constituents of the Conference should insist that he immediately resign as Conference President or resign from the 3ABN board). Danny should be told that, until such time this board can hear and decide on this matter the world wide church cannot support 3ABN or use 3ABN for any purpose including any and all public evangelism. He should be told they will not promote it anywhere. (There is one huge item which has been grossly overlooked in all of the charges and character assassination that has taken place. Linda would almost certainly welcome, with open arms, a fair, unbiased hearing to clear the air on this entire matter). Further, they should go to their constituents and acquaintances, whoever they are, and plead with them to stop watching or promoting 3ABN immediately. They should explain the Biblical Principle to their people and begin the fasting and prayer vigil on that level as well. With nothing more than hearsay as charges against Linda, Danny's feet appear to be in a big, big fire, especially given the fact that nobody has ever caught Linda and the doctor in any compromised situation. To my understanding Danny doesn’t even have a charge of literal adultery against her with clear evidence to back up such a charge. But he, Danny, has already gone off and remarried. Can’t we see that the Bible addresses such issues? If the local church refuses to deal with this then where is the leadership at the Local Conference level? If the Local Conference refuses to deal with it then where is the leadership at the Union Conference, and so on up the line? We claim we are situated on the brink of the Second Coming. We think of ourselves as virtually standing on the boarders of the Heavenly Cana. If Israel had refused to deal with the Achan situation they would have been stuck at the ruins of Jericho. Why do we fail to see the parallel here? Yet unbelievably leaders are saying, “It just isn’t our jurisdiction because 3ABN is not a denominationally owned entity.” Question; where is 3ABN located? Question; at what churches are Danny and Linda members? Question; where are these churches located? Question; what entity/ies has/have jurisdiction over these churches? Question; what entity has jurisdiction over those lower entities, and so on up the line? Question; does the organized Seventh-day Adventist Church still use and promote 3ABN as though it is a legitimate Seventh-day Adventist organization? What about the upcoming series of meetings? Finally, how long will we remain stranded at the boarders?

Now I hear that Danny affectionately speaks of his “new wife” right on the air by asking the viewers this rhetorical question: “Isn’t she just the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?” It seems like only a short time ago he was saying very similar things about Linda! Wow! Do we honestly think this ministry is not tainted? A black cloud hangs over it. Who wants to let its darkness blind them? People think they, personally, are innocent yet they continue to use 3ABN to promote their ministries, all the while claiming that these ministries are the Lord's. Others, not just individuals but also entire churches continue to pour millions of dollars into 3ABN. Others continue to promote 3ABN and continue to try to get it on the air in their location so that its ministry can “bless” and “help” the local church “win” new converts! (When the new converts finally discover the black cloud what kind of geriatrics will the local church have to go through to “fix” the situation – and what too about the Local Conference and Etc.)?

People fail to see there is something very seriously wrong at 3ABN. By continuing to use this organization, they also fail to see that they have become party to its specific sins. Why? Because, it is a ministry that supposedly belongs to God and they themselves also claim to belong to God, all within the same remnant church! Why do they become party to its sins? Because, what they fail to cure, especially when God has outlined a way for them to cure it, they become party to themselves. How can a house divided against itself, continue to stand? This cannot be within God's kingdom. We claim to be preparing for heaven and the new earth, yet we know full well such behavior will not be allowed there. Those who carry on in this way or allow such behavior will not enter or else they will have to repent and be changed before they get there. So we see the need for prayer, fasting, confessing and pleading with God; and the need to place demands upon Danny and 3ABN. None of this is easy or pleasant.

This is not the way things should be. Money, power and influence, often hold sway over truth. There is a term for this. It’s called politics. Sadly, there is a very good chance the steps outlined above will never be carried out. Such steps are just too drastic. As is often the case, the stench is rising and spreading everywhere. If we do nothing, eventually it will permeate heaven itself and God will take the reigns into His own hands. Because of the moral weakness and political corruption on the part of some of God's professed people, countless thousands, and in this case possibly hundreds of thousands may be seriously injured or possibly even destroyed. Such needless waste and destruction happens because we didn’t have enough fortitude to take a stand at the beginning and deal with the problem in spite of the initial fallout. All along the way there are increasing levels of fallout, but all along the way God is testing each of us to see if we will now take a stand against what is wrong. Even though the hour is very late and the loss and destruction gets increasingly greater with each passing moment yet He still tests us to see if now we will finally stand. As time passes and the stakes get higher the fallout and loss becomes greater. Finally, because we failed to act, we ourselves get caught in the falling rubble of the building. We discover that now we too are suffering great loss because of our failure to take a stand. We discover that the part of the house divided did not stand. God swept it away and nothing is left.

Until this thing is cleared up I don't see how anyone can, with a clear conscience, have any connection what-so-ever with 3ABN.

God is waiting. What will His people do with this matter?

By His Grace,

ilr

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 12 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #198

Johann,
I have a question for you. Do you remember the O.J. Simpson trial? Well I learned a couple of lessons after watching that trial and listening to people as they discussed it. One of the lessons was that, people will believe what they want to believe, no matter what is said. Let me ask you this. Of all the people that you know that watched that trial, do you know of 1 person that changed his mind about O.J.’s guilt or innocence after the trial was over? I found that those that thought he was guilty before the trial also thought he was guilty afterward. And those who thought he was innocent before the trial thought he was innocent afterward.

The other lesson I learned was not far from it. “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” You can send out letter after letter trying to convince people that Danny is the devil, and those that want to believe it will, no matter what I say and those that don’t want to believe it won’t, no matter what you say.

So we are at an impasse. As I have said in the past and continue to say, “Only God can fix this one.”

CB

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 12 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #199

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 13 2006, 06:44 AM) [snapback]151566[/snapback]

Johann,
I have a question for you. Do you remember the O.J. Simpson trial? Well I learned a couple of lessons after watching that trial and listening to people as they discussed it. One of the lessons was that, people will believe what they want to believe, no matter what is said. Let me ask you this. Of all the people that you know that watched that trial, do you know of 1 person that changed his mind about O.J.’s guilt or innocence after the trial was over? I found that those that thought he was guilty before the trial also thought he was guilty afterward. And those who thought he was innocent before the trial thought he was innocent afterward.

The other lesson I learned was not far from it. “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” You can send out letter after letter trying to convince people that Danny is the devil, and those that want to believe it will, no matter what I say and those that don’t want to believe it won’t, no matter what you say.

So we are at an impasse. As I have said in the past and continue to say, “Only God can fix this one.”

CB

Well, bumpkin, are you about to prove youself that what you say here is true? I know a good number of people whe havechanged their minds recently, but I guess that is the exception to your rules?

I will forward your letter to the auther and see what he will do with you.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 12 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #200

Why, why , why, must we go through this time and again!

I must add that I had not donated to 3ABN in years, but the spirit of those that claim to be the advocates of truth are of such a nature that donating to 3ABN would be easier now than ever. I have seen for myself the nature of those that have attacked this ministry and have found it to be as un-Christ like as they claim Danny’s attitude is. I think it is shameful to play on peoples consciences. God has given everyone a mind that is fully equipped to make rational decisions and if anyone wants to know whether or not they should donate to 3ABN it is an issue they need to take up with GOD! Not you ore me or ilr (who ever he is).

I know not where the truth is told, but I know how hold the answers. It’s a secret known only to Him!

CB

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 12 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #201

Well All,
This is my last post. I have found that though all of this bickering, I have lost that precious peace that I was discovering not so long ago, and I lost it because of my desire to fight this fight. This is not my fight. This is not my ministry. It is God’s ministry and His fight. I am going to go back to my book and leave the rest of this to whoever wants it. I have decided to “Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD!”

Country Bumpkin!

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 13 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #202

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 13 2006, 02:29 AM) [snapback]151572[/snapback]

Well All,
This is my last post. I have found that though all of this bickering, I have lost that precious peace that I was discovering not so long ago, and I lost it because of my desire to fight this fight. This is not my fight. This is not my ministry. It is God’s ministry and His fight. I am going to go back to my book and leave the rest of this to whoever wants it. I have decided to “Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD!”

Country Bumpkin!

There are many other topics on BSDA other than 3ABN. Why limit yourself? Perhaps if you read some of the other threads, I'm sure that you will find other topics and subjects for discussion that may be more palatable to you. Why throw in the towel just because you hold a different point of view? BSDA is more...so much more...than 3ABN. I'll be looking for you in another thread...

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Sep 13 2006, 08:53 AM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 13 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #203

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Amen!!! spoton.gif

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 13 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]151594[/snapback]

There are many other topics on BSDA other than 3ABN. Why limit yourself to one particular topic? Perhaps if you read some of the other threads, I'm sure that you will find other topics and subjects for discussion that may be more palatable to you. Why throw in the towel just because you hold a different point of view? BSDA is more...so much more...than 3ABN. I'll be looking for you in another thread...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 13 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #204

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 13 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]151594[/snapback]

There are many other topics on BSDA other than 3ABN. Why limit yourself? Perhaps if you read some of the other threads, I'm sure that you will find other topics and subjects for discussion that may be more palatable to you. Why throw in the towel just because you hold a different point of view? BSDA is more...so much more...than 3ABN. I'll be looking for you in another thread...

I extend this invitation to all those other new members who report only in the 3ABN section who have never ventured into the other threads of BSDA.... we do not bite honest afro.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 13 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #205

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

good points CSDA and Denny...... now if others will just try it... they may like it...... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Sep 13 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 13 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]151604[/snapback]

good points CSDA and Denny...... now if others will just try it... they may like it...... spoton.gif

I like it! giggle.gif

+Quote Post
paleface
post Sep 13 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #207

Member No.: 1,991

That is correct! I have not posted in other sites but I have enjoyed checking out the other sites and laughed at your jokes. It is fun here on BSDA! The folks are nice too especially when I have never been on something like this before I regrested here. I have posted on the wrong site and thought I had read everything until I was guided to all the pages I had not covered. It has taken me a month and a half to read and print out 5 reams of information. I had paper clutter around me in piles until I have my topics organized and in a box.

I have been on a very interesting trip here on Saga of 3ABN.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 13 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #208

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 13 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]151594[/snapback]

I plan to remain an active member of BSDA after all the dust has settled on the 3ABN issues. Just the other day a few of us were in the Live Chat and a question was raised about this very issue. A plan is already in the works to have a BSDA get together at the 2010 GC in Atlanta. I plan to be there, what about the rest of you? We can all get together over some fried meaty bits---vegie ones for me and my husband, please. 'Re how much dipping sauce can you get?

sofa1.gif Hey, everyone, there is plenty of room on the sofa! Come on down to Atlanta in 2010!

I know this is off topic. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming... TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Sep 13 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #209

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 13 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]151614[/snapback]

I plan to remain an active member of BSDA after all the dust has settled on the 3ABN issues. Just the other day a few of us were in the Live Chat and a question was raised about this very issue. A plan is already in the works to have a BSDA get together at the 2010 GC in Atlanta. I plan to be there, what about the rest of you? We can all get together over some fried meaty bits---vegie ones for me and my husband, please. 'Re how much dipping sauce can you get?

sofa1.gif Hey, everyone, there is plenty of room on the sofa! Come on down to Atlanta in 2010!

I know this is off topic. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming... TVsnack.gif

ohhhhh keep me updated about meeting in Atlanta in 2010!!

sofa1.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
September
post Sep 13 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

I agree...I should be more active in other forums too smile.gif My problem is, I get so overwhelmed...so perhaps I'll limit it to one forum as well as this one. I don't 'do' message boards very well so for now I'll use the K.I.S.S. [size=1]Keep It Simple S.... principal smile.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church