Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]152402[/snapback]

sonshineoneme,

How about if we let the Lord decide if He wants to use an earthly organization or not? If we disagree we could drop our ideas into His "My Ideas For Running The Universe" suggestion box. wink.gif

(I guess we aren't done yet)
I have never thought that the Lord was not behind how this is coming out. I believe He is. I believe he has worked all things together, and I believe He will have His will done, period. I have no problem with how it comes out, because I believe He is in control. This is why I won't go down any particular route and say something like Lee said "souls will be lost". That is simply not true and is not giving credit to God's plan in all things.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]152404[/snapback]

It's happening again. we are getting our focus off Jesus and letting the "Enemy OF Souls" side track us.

We will do well to remember this:

Danny is not the enemy, he is cooperating with the enemy.
3ABN is not the enemy, it is merely the "APPLE" on the tree.
The "Serpent" has come to Danny and offered to make him indispensible in the work of God. He bit!
3ABN tastes sweet in his mouth. He will not let go of it. It wlll be his undoing.

In Africa they know how to catch a wiley and quick-footed monkey and "have him for dinner". (monkey burgers). They put the monkey's favorite food into a gourd that has hole in it just barely large enough for amonkeys hand to slide into it. When the monkey grabs the food inside the gourd his hand forms a fist. A fist wont come back out. The monkey is stuck because the gourd is tied to a tree. If the monkey would let go of his "prize" he could be freed and be on his way. BUT HE WONT LET GO.

Sounds like Danny at 3ABN! (still monkeyin' around with his "prizes".

1. What evidence do you have to support the conclusion that we are getting our focus off of Jesus and letting the enemy of souls side track us? Please explain.

2. I'm not sure I understand where you are going with this metaphor.
Once Danny has the 3abn apple pried out of his hands, does that mean the next president/director will be falling prey to the serpent's temptation?

This may be clear to most here on BSDA but I'm just not quite getting it. Sorry if I am being slow to understand.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #123

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]152389[/snapback]

Still makes more sense ...and was not my original suggestion...

So, again.....

it makes no sense at all... the drama started by 3ABN issuing a terse statement about Linda's departure...... thats where it started..... unless you are suggesting that those that crafted that statement were trying to sabotage 3ABN......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]152405[/snapback]

(I guess we aren't done yet)
I have never thought that the Lord was not behind how this is coming out. I believe He is. I believe he has worked all things together, and I believe He will have His will done, period. I have no problem with how it comes out, because I believe He is in control. This is why I won't go down any particular route and say something like Lee said "souls will be lost". That is simply not true and is not giving credit to God's plan in all things.

We are in total agreement. I will believe He is behind how this is coming out even if Danny is left at the helm of 3abn when all is said and done.

Of course if Danny is guilty of some of the worst accusations hinted at here in some of the posts, I would not expect him to left in charge.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

It makes no sense to you...and that's fine.... smile.gif

I agree and have said from the beginning that there is more to the story than we know on both sides...and probably do not need to know.... no.gif

The question Johann asked (possibly rhetorically), as a true key player, is more than valid---IMHO.
afro.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]152410[/snapback]

it makes no sense at all... the drama started by 3ABN issuing a terse statement about Linda's departure...... thats where it started..... unless you are suggesting that those that crafted that statement were trying to sabotage 3ABN......

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]151098[/snapback]

It is not impossible that someone else goaded Danny into using such unfounded reasons in order to get him out of the picture too at the end?

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 01:57 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Lee
post Sep 18 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Oh yes, souls will be lost. There may even be souls who are on this forum who will leave their faith because of what is happening here.

A better suggestion would be that there be a change in leadership at 3ABN (if the accusations are true) so that the context of the different programming could continue for those who watch 3ABN faithfully, who have not made their decision to follow the Lord. I believe when Linda was asked to leave 3ABN that the whole station reeled back and forth like a reed in the wind. Many non-SDA's phoned 3ABN wanting to know what happened. Yes, we are not to follow a man, but nevertheless, people do it. Many non-SDA people were disappointed that Linda was gone. Some souls may have stopped watching 3ABN because of it.

To wish for the whole station to go down is to give Satan victory. Those out in the world who are watching and longing to know God better (who know nothing about Danny), and who are in the valley of decision may forever reject the truth (especially if Danny's problems were aired to the public) and may never come back to the truth.

We are told in the SOP that we are to work in the cities and towns and that if someone doesn't do this work, souls will be lost. If 3ABN were to close down, souls definitely will be lost.

This is a very serious thing.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I do agree in this context: 3ABN provides a viable means of ministry that at this point in Adventist Missions has not been duplicated.....no disrestpect to Hope TV, but it is not there yet....the name that people associate with Seventh-day Adventism is Christ first....and then 3ABN..... just keepin' it real.
QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]152418[/snapback]

Oh yes, souls will be lost. There may even be souls who are on this forum who will leave their faith because of what is happening here.

A better suggestion would be that there be a change in leadership at 3ABN (if the accusations are true) so that the context of the different programming could continue for those who watch 3ABN faithfully, who have not made their decision to follow the Lord. I believe when Linda was asked to leave 3ABN that the whole station reeled back and forth like a reed in the wind. Many non-SDA's phoned 3ABN wanting to know what happened. Yes, we are not to follow a man, but nevertheless, people do it. Many non-SDA people were disappointed that Linda was gone. Some souls may have stopped watching 3ABN because of it.

To wish for the whole station to go down is to give Satan victory. Those out in the world who are watching and longing to know God better (who know nothing about Danny), and who are in the valley of decision may forever reject the truth (especially if Danny's problems were aired to the public) and may never come back to the truth.

We are told in the SOP that we are to work in the cities and towns and that if someone doesn't do this work, souls will be lost. If 3ABN were to close down, souls definitely will be lost.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]152418[/snapback]

Jesus works in each individuals life, through their entire life. We all have situations can take us alway from him. It's not just how you find Jesus that matters, but staying with him through think and thin, through confusion and pain, dissolution and shock. NO ONE is exempt from that experience(s) and everyone is tried by fire. I do not underestimate God's hand in any of it - He seeks to save us all, not find a way to keep us from finding him. He knows each heart. No one will be lost that does not CHOSE to be lost. And if they leave HIM because of another human being, then He knows what all is in their heart, and He will judge that. Does he not have many way to reach people? Did he not demonstrate this in the years he lived his life and walked among men? Mrs White also says many will be in heaven that never heard the name Jesus. We need to keep our minds open, otherwise we will decide how people are lost and saved. This is God's war over sin. Not ours. He is in control. He does not lay the guilt on us for others choices. We are used by God to share Jesus's gift of salvation for us. But God deals with the heart issues. No one is saying "3abn must go" and certainly, if it is to stay, take new leadership, new names even, it is still just a tool. There are many tools on this planet dealing with the sin problem and helping people find their loving saviour. That is the bottom line.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Sep 18 2006, 02:13 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 18 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #129

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]152419[/snapback]

I do agree in this context: 3ABN provides a viable means of ministry that at this point in Adventist Missions has not been duplicated.....no disrestpect to Hope TV, but it is not there yet....the name that people associate with Seventh-day Adventism is Christ first....and then 3ABN..... just keepin' it real.

If you were really keepin' it real... EGW would have been up there next to CHrist... if not before him...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 18 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]152409[/snapback]

1. What evidence do you have to support the conclusion that we are getting our focus off of Jesus and letting the enemy of souls side track us? Please explain.

2. I'm not sure I understand where you are going with this metaphor.
Once Danny has the 3abn apple pried out of his hands, does that mean the next president/director will be falling prey to the serpent's temptation?

This may be clear to most here on BSDA but I'm just not quite getting it. Sorry if I am being slow to understand.

Dear PB:
"Proof" is only in the eyes of the beholder. If it is not evident by beholding it is pointless to poit it out.

We have gone off track by denegrating each other. We not looking at the real issue. The real issue is that Satan doesn't want the gospel to go to the world. Unfortunatesly he has the cooperation of too many of those who are trying to do just that. Satan manages to get people to look at themselves or each other, rather than to keep their focus on Jesus. Satan is the problem. Jesus is the answer.

When we personally attack each other on this forum we are playing into satan's hands. We MUST allow each other room to position ourselves into a position of comprehension. It may take some of us a little longer to "CATCH ON" than it does for others. There is alot of hostility "popping" up all of a sudden. Some "posters" are quick to judge and to belittle. That is getting off focus in this forum.

#ABN has an opportunity to survive IF God wants it to do so. If God is closing the door for 3ABN it because God has good reason. God has a thousand ways to get the Gospel out to the world, of which we know nothing. 3ABN has been a wonderful too, for a while. Nothing is immportal, not even 3ABN.

#ABN has been the APPLE of the eye for some individuals. It can be used to strengthen our spiritual health or it can spoil it.

Whether anyone watching 3ABN or being a casual ovserver is beside the point. Some will be strengthened in observing 3ABN's problems because they a re turning to God for strength and understanding, and for new sources of inspiration.
Some will become discouraged, because they look at the problems instead of at the solution, which is Jesus, God.

Proof. only evidence. lots of evidence. Nothing can be proven if someone doesn't see the same way. It may be proof between two people who agree, but it is only sevidence or speculation in someone else's eyes. We believe what we choose to believe. That's why there so many agnostics and atheists. We all see the same evidences. Our faith makes the decision in our minds.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 18 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]152422[/snapback]

Dear PB:
"Proof" is only in the eyes of the beholder. If it is not evident by beholding it is pointless to poit it out.

We have gone off track by denegrating each other. We not looking at the real issue. The real issue is that Satan doesn't want the gospel to go to the world. Unfortunatesly he has the cooperation of too many of those who are trying to do just that. Satan manages to get people to look at themselves or each other, rather than to keep their focus on Jesus. Satan is the problem. Jesus is the answer.
When we personally attack each other on this forum we are playing into satan's hands. We MUST allow each other room to position ourselves into a position of comprehension. It may take some of us a little longer to "CATCH ON" than it does for others. There is alot of hostility "popping" up all of a sudden. Some "posters" are quick to judge and to belittle. That is getting off focus in this forum.#ABN has an opportunity to survive IF God wants it to do so. If God is closing the door for 3ABN it because God has good reason. God has a thousand ways to get the Gospel out to the world, of which we know nothing. 3ABN has been a wonderful too, for a while. Nothing is immportal, not even 3ABN.

#ABN has been the APPLE of the eye for some individuals. It can be used to strengthen our spiritual health or it can spoil it.

Whether anyone watching 3ABN or being a casual ovserver is beside the point. Some will be strengthened in observing 3ABN's problems because they a re turning to God for strength and understanding, and for new sources of inspiration.
Some will become discouraged, because they look at the problems instead of at the solution, which is Jesus, God.

Proof. only evidence. lots of evidence. Nothing can be proven if someone doesn't see the same way. It may be proof between two people who agree, but it is only sevidence or speculation in someone else's eyes. We believe what we choose to believe. That's why there so many agnostics and atheists. We all see the same evidences. Our faith makes the decision in our minds.

I completely agree with you.

If it appeared that I was on the attack in any of my previous posts, I apologize, for that was exactly what I was posting against!

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]152417[/snapback]

It makes no sense to you...and that's fine.... smile.gif

I agree and have said from the beginning that there is more to the story than we know on both sides...and probably do not need to know.... no.gif

The question Johann asked (possibly rhetorically), as a true key player, is more than valid---IMHO.
afro.gif

what you are suggesting is that someone in the inner circle, whispered in Mr. Shelton's ear that he could rid himself of Linda by doing X, Y, and Z..... and that person knowing that Mr. Shelton would pursue that course of action, and the consequences would then blow up in his face, causing him possibly to be removed so that then they could take over? Is that what you are suggesting?

That scenario might make sense IF those waiting in the wings could take over and restore 3ABN or even make it more viable from a business standpoint.... it would not make sense if 3ABN were to go under and everyone on that gravy train stopped getting paid, and I would have to think that the one whispering in Mr. Shelton's ear is definitely getting paid, so why would they sabotage their meal ticket?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Sep 18 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #133

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]152382[/snapback]

"WHO would benefit the most from seeing 3ABN "go under"? (quoted by "justme")

No one would benefit, except Satan and his evil angels. It would retard the work of God, bring dishonor to His name and many souls would be lost.

I completely agree. Souls will be lost. Sonshineonme has said that the struggle going on at 3ABN currently is a "battle." I fully agree. And what is a battle? Is it a safe place to be? To the contrary, battles are dangerous. In this case, it's a spiritual battle, wielding spiritual danger. In this case, it involves a ministry with world-wide scope. I certainly agree that God will get HIS work done, but on the other hand, that can never mean that all souls will be safely returned to Him when the battle's over.

How many souls were lost when Korah, Dathan, and Abiram stood up against Moses? At least 15,000 people perished in that "battle" between God and Satan, with those who allowed the spirit of rebellion into their hearts. And in this case, it was God causing their demise. May we stand in the gap, as did Moses and Aaron, in pleading for mercy for those who remain.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
Lee
post Sep 18 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Yes, sunshineonme, God seeks after the lost. I agree here. But God uses people to do His work in saving souls. We are told to work in the large cities because many are dying without any hope and they will not be saved. They will not be saved because we neglected our duty. Yes, 3ABN is a tool but I'd say it is a pretty big one!! I think Hope is a big one also. The potential is great.

You said in your post, "no one is saying 3ABN must go." But I've read it in several posts on this board as well as the other one. Several have said 3ABN is so polluted that it must come down completely. I just don't happen to agree with that kind of reasoning (I'm not saying you said this).

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

What I have done is respond to Johann's question....and it is still valid. If it would have come from a spectator, it would have definitely been suspect.

Satan will use any means necessary, as has been stated to divert people from our purpose as Christians. Why would it not be possible indeed that someone manipulated an already unhealthy relationship to move toward divorce versus help them work through their personal situation---or at least try--outside of Adventism circles? Of course it is more than possible.... doh.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]152427[/snapback]

what you are suggesting is that someone in the inner circle, whispered in Mr. Shelton's ear that he could rid himself of Linda by doing X, Y, and Z..... and that person knowing that Mr. Shelton would pursue that course of action, and the consequences would then blow up in his face, causing him possibly to be removed so that then they could take over? Is that what you are suggesting?

That scenario might make sense IF those waiting in the wings could take over and restore 3ABN or even make it more viable from a business standpoint.... it would not make sense if 3ABN were to go under and everyone on that gravy train stopped getting paid, and I would have to think that the one whispering in Mr. Shelton's ear is definitely getting paid, so why would they sabotage their meal ticket?

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]151098[/snapback]

It is not impossible that someone else goaded Danny into using such unfounded reasons in order to get him out of the picture too at the end?

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 03:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church