Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #151

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

But the counselors on standby can....don't know if 3ABN does, but TBN does.....

Some SDA's that I know are Prayer Partners for TBN here in Nashville....

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 18 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]152473[/snapback]

The work of reaching the world for Jesus is intended to be a one-on-one relationship. Sometimes people come to a church and asked to be baptized without ever having taken Bible studies. They learned all our teachings on 3ABN. BUT they are rare and far between. Most souls who come to Jesus come as result of a relationship with another Christian. SOme 1900 years before satellites were up, Jesus told us to go into all the world, etc.

When 3ABN had three satellites they bounced off to get it to other countries, Danny called THEM "THREE ANGELS FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN". They do fly in the midst of heaven but they are only slaves of what is sent to them.

God's work WILL be finished by INDIVIDUALS who would rather tell about Jesus than eat.

When we are so tired of all this high-tech seed spreaders we will do it for far less money and with far greater results, IN PERSON!

It has been nice to have 3ABN but we need to get off our duffs and "GO TELL" about Jesus.

The cities? Oh YES the cities! Work them from 'outposts" as we were instructed, Individuals going in groups to hold small meetings, and to go into BARS and TAVERNS to find souls who are desperate for God's love.

Jesus was/is our example. No better way to reach a broken heart than to be eyeball to eyeball with that broken heart.

Weep with them, Cry with them. Pray with them.

A TV SET CAN'T DO THAT!!!

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 18 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]152386[/snapback]

You can go to amazingfacts website and see the archives for each night. They post them about 2.5 hours after the live meeting is done. Each night is there now, but last nights video went heywire not long into it (3abn must have had some problems happening).

http://www.mostamazingprophecies.com/Resou...65/Default.aspx
for each nights presentation.
Keep an eye on Danny. He was on the first two nights, but not last night.

Thanks for the URL. I always appreciate it when I can see a program when I am free.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 18 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(September @ Sep 18 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]152383[/snapback]

The Lord can save those souls in spite of 3ABN smile.gif I don't know that by 3ABN going under that would cause many souls to be lost. 3ABN doesn't save people--it never has. God has used 3ABN--yes and God uses many avenues...but I don't think that God is limited to 3ABN. JMO smile.gif

Amen, September!

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 18 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]152352[/snapback]

I am hoping that the presence of the blond gal who plays so well and is going to be reading the scripture that Mollie used to do signals a change in personnel which will be to our liking and to God's Glory.
JustTana

I have to tell you that Mollie hasn't taped that program in a couple of years. When the station started producing all of the virtual sets, Mollie wanted her set redone. When it was finished, she was so ticked off by how it looked that she demanded it be redone. Then, after it was redone (slightly, I might add) she asked Kelly to take over since she felt she didn't have time. Kelly has been taping the program for almost a year now...FYI

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]152410[/snapback]

it makes no sense at all... the drama started by 3ABN issuing a terse statement about Linda's departure...... thats where it started..... unless you are suggesting that those that crafted that statement were trying to sabotage 3ABN......

I have to say that I don't think those involved saw the destruction of 3ABN in mind during the "crafting" of the statement - but that's JMO.

QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]152418[/snapback]

To wish for the whole station to go down is to give Satan victory.

I'm not sure where you've seen anyone here wishing for the "whole station to go down." I haven't seen it. Yes, many of the people here believe that if the administration is crooked that those involved in the wrongdoing should be removed, but I don't believe many people wish for the station to go down.

But just for the record - God does not need 3ABN. If it were to "go down" God in his infinite wisdom would have already put something else in place...don't you worry about that!

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]152435[/snapback]

Johann's question hints at the scenarios I have suggested.... I asked you if that's what you were saying.... given the amount of money that 3ABN has generated, why would someone "on the inside" who is getting paid, want to see that end..... that is my question.....

Don't forget that POWER is the ultimate motive.

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Sep 18 2006, 10:00 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 18 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #154

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 18 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]152506[/snapback]

Don't forget that POWER is the ultimate motive.

HOTY, thanks for bringing this up again. It is spelled P-O-W-E-R. There is one person who stands in the way of a certain individual usurping the Throne of Power at 3ABN and that is Danny. And the usurper? HOTY for you this is too easy, the answer is Mollie Steenson.

An open letter to Danny Shelton:

Danny, think about it. Who has always been looking for more power? And who was so willing to take over more of you duties, since you are such an important man? Mollie. There was a time when you felt she had overstepped her authority. But she pulled back just a little bit, convinced you that she was only supporting you and continued whispering in your ear that you have been called by God for a special purpose. What she neglected to tell you was that you would eventually become the final rung for her to climb over on her way to fulfill the dream that "GOD" had given her so long ago. Remember how she helped you "purge" the ministry of Linda? Linda stood in her way. Your plans and hers fit together perfectly. Now the tables are turned and it is time for you to be "purged" from the ministry. Think about it Danny, think long and hard.

Mollie has a dream, Danny. And your part in that dream is coming to an end. God told her that one day she and Hal would have a world-wide television ministry. She had been given the administrative skills and Hal the preaching charisma.

Over the years you have allowed her to gradually take over the entire business operation of 3ABN, Hal is already in the pastoral department and the two of them are spending more time in front of the camera. Danny, can you operate 3ABN without Mollie? No. Can she and Hal run it without you? That has always been the plan... Your task was to build up the ministry for Mollie and Hal, and now that you have accomplished that, it is time for Mollie and Hal's dream to be realized. Think about it Danny... You are the only one that stands between Mollie and what she believes God has provided for them.

Mollie lead you down the garden path and you went so willingly. When you realize all of this is true it will be too late. Danny, the wolves are already at the door. No, sorry, they are right there with you... Think about it.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #155

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 18 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]152513[/snapback]

HOTY, thanks for bringing this up again. It is spelled P-O-W-E-R. There is one person who stands in the way of a certain individual usurping the Throne of Power at 3ABN and that is Danny. And the usurper? HOTY for you this is too easy, the answer is Mollie Steenson.

Danny, think about it. Who has always been looking for more power? And who was so willing to take over more of you duties, since you are such an important man? Mollie. There was a time when you felt she had overstepped her authority. But she pulled back just a little bit, convinced you that she was only supporting you and continued whispering in your ear that you have been called by God for a special purpose. What she neglected to tell you was that you would eventually become the final rung for her to climb over on her way to fulfill the dream that "GOD" had given her so long ago. Remember how she helped you "purge" the ministry of Linda? Linda stood in her way. Your plans and hers fit together perfectly. Now the tables are turned and it is time for you to be "purged" from the ministry. Think about it Danny, think long and hard.

Mollie has a dream, Danny. And your part in that dream is coming to an end. God told her that one day she and Hal would have a world-wide television ministry. She had been given the administrative skills and Hal the preaching charisma.

Over the years you have allowed her to gradually take over the entire business operation of 3ABN, Hal is already in the pastoral department and the two of them are spending more time in front of the camera. Danny, can you operate 3ABN without Mollie? No. Can she and Hal run it without you? That has always been the plan... Your task was to build up the ministry for Mollie and Hal, and now that you have accomplished that, it is time for Mollie and Hal's dream to be realized. Think about it Danny... You are the only one that stands between Mollie and what she believes God has provided for them.

Mollie lead you down the garden path and you went so willingly. When you realize all of this is true it will be too late. Danny, the wolves are already at the door. No, sorry, they are right there with you... Think about it.

yes.gif
Danny, it's not to late. Repentence is for you as well as anyone you have set your satelites up to reach across the world - head your own words, before it goes any further. Humble yourself honestly to the Lord and repent, tell the truth, confess and bring restoration. Pray for the strength to do what is right, and make right what you have done wrong through your pride.

2 Kings 22:19
You were sorry and humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I said against this city and its people, that this land would be cursed and become desolate. You tore your clothing in despair and wept before me in repentance. So I have indeed heard you, says the LORD.

2 Chronicles 32:26
Then Hezekiah repented of his pride, and the people of Jerusalem humbled themselves. So the LORD's anger did not come against them during Hezekiah's lifetime.

Job 42:6
I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."

Psalm 7:12
If a person does not repent, God will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow.

Psalm 50:22
Repent, all of you who ignore me, or I will tear you apart, and no one will help you.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 19 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #156

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

If what you have presented (highlighted in blue) is correct, was it God or a god that spoke this?

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 18 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]152513[/snapback]

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 19 2006, 12:53 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 19 2006, 01:20 AM
Post #157

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]152394[/snapback]

I beg to differ. When someone has a different point of view on this board or asks the wrong question, far too often they are judged harshly. Some begin to charge that the poster is actually DS or one of his "minions" or phishing. Certainly they couldn't actually have an honest differing point of view. Country Bumpkin has been told she has low intelligence, that some are sorry for her because she is so slow to comprehend the truth.
Ive also seen some of this..

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 19 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #158

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

...and again

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]152395[/snapback]

No you will not, your points are well-taken and it has been a bit edgy, putting it rather mildly, for those who have different perspectives.

The challenge in a situation like this is how to find a balance, allow for verity, and still allow those who have genuinely been hurt to express themselves. I have my own opinions about all of this, but I think the hope is to give EVERYONE an opportunity to have his/her say. I also agree that even if you do not agree, there is a way as Christian you can speak your peace without "making their belief of what you say" a "lithmous test" for being a Christian, because it is not. smile.gif

If you feel someone pushing things too far and is not following the Board Rules set out by Calvin, hit the report button.... smile.gif

....and e-mail Calvin if you continue to have concerns.....No matter who it is by or who it is to (i.e. if it is being done to another member) .... smile.gif

For clarification, you go to the post that you have concerns with, and then hit the Report Button on the left-hand side at the bottom.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 19 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 19 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]152518[/snapback]

If what you have presented (highlighted in blue) is correct, was it God or a god that spoke this?

It is true...

Ask Mollie and the answer is GOD. Ask me and the answer is directly the opposite.

The reason Mollie gave someone, off camera about four to five years ago, for becoming a SDA was the following:

I did not become a Seventh-Day Adventist because of the Sabbath or Ellen White, I became a Seventh-Day Adventist because this ministry is on the cutting edge.

The above statement from Mollie explains why it was possible to still hear her speaking in tongues, on the 3ABN compound, after she was baptised (even though Danny advised her not to do so). And now she is not only on the 3ABN board, but also the Illinois Conference board. Quite an accomplishment in such a short period of time. But it all is a part of the plan... It has been so easy for her to manipulate Danny. All she has to do is massage his ego by reminding him of the position God has given him at 3ABN, what she neglects to tell him is that his days are numbered, just like Linda's were... And the dream? Now that Danny's part has ended, it is time to cleanse the ministry again...

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 19 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I once heard Mollie Quote Proverbs 13:22 "The wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous." At the time I remember thinking, "She thinks she is righteous." I wonder if she thinks that Danny is the sinner?

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 19 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

For many, many years the Shelton Clan worked in the crops and fields. It was hard work. They stuck together like glue. They also loved music and had a deep craving to do music before the public. The best opportunities for music groups are to perform music for churches. That means GOSPEL MUSIC! Some of the Sheltons became "ministers" of small congregations and, of course, brought the Shelton Families in to do some music. They invited mostly each other to do the music. Hopes were high that one day they could do some recording, and travel around, and maybe even be on TV. That would help sell recordings and get more bookings for concerts.

Suddenly, one day, Danny got the idea to build a TV station that would be under his own control. As he traveled about talking about it he met other "evangelists", also charismatic, who thought the idea was "fantastic"!

But the Sheltons had no money for a "start up" ministry/ company/ corporation. BUT they knew someone who knew how to raise money, lots of it, (especially to buy two new matching blue Cadillacs, all from donations). Guess who! Hal and Mollie also had a video system that they used to produce TV programs to put on TV. They so-called "DONATED" the video equipment to DAnny, who had none and needed some. PLUS they had the right to use it as well as Danny. AND they got themselves positions of importance in the organization all in the process.

As time goes on, Danny, the "carpenter", as he calls himself, didn't have the "business" savvy that Hal and Mollie had, so he soaked up whatever they told him. It worked, wellll. Money came in because of the "miracle stories" that Hal taught Danny to recite. (the "donated video cameras, etc") that was the "BAIT" for all hearers to jump onto the bandwagon and become supporters. And what did the Adventists want more than anything in the whole world, their own TV station. Support came in BIG TIME. People sold their homes, sold their properties, they even sacrificed their retirement plans, and "volunteered" to build Dannys big country home. The script-writers for all this big hullabaloo were the Steensons. Danny was the "FACE" and "SHILL" for the Steensons.

Unfortunately, along the way, in order to keep Danny sucked in and giving those convincing "sales pitches", which he was good at, they had to tell him HE was the "CHOSEN ONE". IF he once had a moment to stop and look at himself and look at the Lord, he would have seen what God was trying to tell him. His halo was pinching!

Now to add to the milieu we still have the "Shelton Gang", the ambitious musicians who see "Uncle Danny" as the answer to all their musical and public appearance aspirations. So "Uncle Dan" is besieged with a family who can't see why they can't become as famous as he is. Dsnny is proud of his family and wants to help them, and he is in position to have whatever he wants. (as long as the Steemsons get what they want, too). Danny did, and they did!

Add to this on-going scenario the fact that many "self-inspired experts" also "volunteered" to present their own programs; family, children, music, preaching, etc. etc. and you now a bevy of "talent" who can't wait to become celebrities. Add to this the few really fine ministries that "keep their act together and their noses clean" and we have a full compliment of programing.

But, oops, there is a fly in the ointment. Someone is seein throgh it all. She can see through the "clutter", the "con games", here is a dissenting voice. And the dissenting voice has a problem with a child. While seeking help for the child she is blind-sided by "so-called friends", and those who have "conned" their way to the top. It calls for action. "Let's use this Doctor as a wedge to get rid of her". It worked. (almost)(God was awake and at His post).

Now, nobody who has a personal interest in this "ministry/business" has the "B - - -" to speak up for God. They all jump onto the "Let's do all we can to justify this dismissal, and save our "gluteus maximus's" so we can keep our POWER and MONEY and FAME", bandwagon.

When it all comes to the big crash, Danny stands there, with his chin hanging down on his ankles asking, "HOW?", "WHY?", "WHO?" "ME?". "Where is God through all this?". "I thought God was opening doors for me." He was, but you went where "YOUR EXPERTS TOLD YOU TO GO".

Danny, GOD was and is right there, this whole time, ... trying to get your attention, ALONE! That was the "still small voice". The one voice drowned out by the charismatic leaders you hired.

You need to get some callouses on your knees. And give it all back to God to do with as HE wishes. He mau give it bacak, He may not. Accept whatever He gives you. Let go of the "bait in the gourd" and withdraw your hand from the trap. God still loves you, and He always will. But He is a God of "tough love". REAL LOVE! Accept Him completely, NOW! PLEASE!

This post has been edited by justme: Sep 19 2006, 07:46 AM

+Quote Post
saharafan
post Sep 19 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #162

Member No.: 2,114

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 19 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]152525[/snapback]

It is true...

Ask Mollie and the answer is GOD. Ask me and the answer is directly the opposite.

The reason Mollie gave someone, off camera about four to five years ago, for becoming a SDA was the following:

I did not become a Seventh-Day Adventist because of the Sabbath or Ellen White, I became a Seventh-Day Adventist because this ministry is on the cutting edge.

The above statement from Mollie explains why it was possible to still hear her speaking in tongues, on the 3ABN compound, after she was baptised (even though Danny advised her not to do so). And now she is not only on the 3ABN board, but also the Illinois Conference board. Quite an accomplishment in such a short period of time. But it all is a part of the plan... It has been so easy for her to manipulate Danny. All she has to do is massage his ego by reminding him of the position God has given him at 3ABN, what she neglects to tell him is that his days are numbered, just like Linda's were... And the dream? Now that Danny's part has ended, it is time to cleanse the ministry again...

I was already guessing since some time that Johann and others were probably referring to the Steensons. However, that reminds me of something I have written somewhere else:

I would really be interested to learn more about that "pentecostal" influence at 3ABN, about "visions and dreams" by its leaders like Danny. I would appreciate a thorough analysis of pentecostal doctrine, ideology and thelogy personally held and directly or indirectly taught by them on air. I think this is a very important and critical point that should not be underestimated. If this is true, 3ABN can become a major tool for Satan to deceive many Adventists and finally get them to accept those pentecostal concepts, if 3ABN should go on with this present leadership and continue to grow in influence and number of viewers.

In light of this I would submit that, although I certainly hope and pray that 3ABN under new leadership will remain and become even more a tool in God's hands to reach multitudes with the true and undiluted Adventist message, and a real blessing for our SDA church, however, if this would not be possible, it might be better that it "goes down" rather than becomming a tool in the hand of the enemy of souls to subtly deceive many of its viewers, including many Adventists, and to provide a major inroad for pentecostal concepts and practics into the SDA church. It is important that we all pray that this issue is resolved to God's glory.

PS: I really would be glad if I could see Linda on Hope TV one day resuming her public ministry there...

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 19 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #163

Member No.: 1,913

[color=#FF0000]Yes, 3ABN CAN be run WITHOUT Mollie. There are very capable people to assist with the adminstrative assistant/general manager duties.
People that are humble, honest and wanting to help with the work of the Lord. Not there OWN agenda.

Danny, if Mollie and Hal weren't there, God will provide the right people! Trust God and have faith that he will send the right people.

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 18 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]152513[/snapback]

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 19 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #164

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I would really be interested to learn more about that "pentecostal" influence at 3ABN, about "visions and dreams" by its leaders like Danny. I would appreciate a thorough analysis of pentecostal doctrine, ideology and thelogy personally held and directly or indirectly taught by them on air. I think this is a very important and critical point that should not be underestimated. If this is true, 3ABN can become a major tool for Satan to deceive many Adventists and finally get them to accept those pentecostal concepts, if 3ABN should go on with this present leadership and continue to grow in influence and number of viewers.

Hmm ... ohmy.gif sounds like we're treading on dangerous ground here.

I've been lurking here long enough that I believe the leadership situation at 3ABN is deplorable, and frankly I can't wait to see if anything interesting happens after Most Amazing Prophecies is done. If the Steensons are the puppet masters of this whole situation (I'm not saying they're not!), that's wrong too. I don't want to get flamed, so don't think I'm defending anyone at 3ABN.

But I do think an important principle is at stake.

What makes me really uncomfortable is the implication that anyone with strong roots in another denomination has "suspect" theology. Jesus Himself got accused of being animated by a false spirit. Who are we to judge Another's servant? scratchchin.gif

Worse, who are we to say that what any given Pentecostal Christian "hears" is not from the Lord? Don't we run the risk of blaspheming the Holy Spirit yikes.gif if we're wrong?

If you know your Adventist history, you know we had a lot of the same stuff going on at the beginning that the charismatic churches have now.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 19 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #165

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I am going to differ with you just a bit on this one.... the issue is about a person's conversion first to Christ and then to the faith they claim. It has less to do with where a person has come from as do they believe what they say they do or are they "using the means available" to spread apostasy and corrupt what is in place. Sorry, but IMHO, this is more serious of an issue than anything else that has been presented (as a whole). If a person or people who do not share the belief system of the church are in authority (in general) the vision of the ministry is corrupt.

Let me be more specific: If a person is in leadership, in any capacity, it is more than reasonable to expect them to believe in the philosophy of the organization 100%--and the direction of the leadership. Jesus stated "a house divided against itself cannot stand"....it is a problem--a big problem.

If a person is in church leadership, but is "speaking in tongues" there is a big problem....this is not about music, or about a person who speaks in tongues and is Pentecostal. This is about whether you believe the message or not....if you do not, you are not fit to be a leader in that capacity. This is like me as a SDA Christian moving up into Catholic Church hierarchy....or me becoming the Director of an abortion clinic....or as a Black woman joining the Arian Nation.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 19 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]152552[/snapback]

Hmm ... ohmy.gif sounds like we're treading on dangerous ground here.

I've been lurking here long enough that I believe the leadership situation at 3ABN is deplorable, and frankly I can't wait to see if anything interesting happens after Most Amazing Prophecies is done. If the Steensons are the puppet masters of this whole situation (I'm not saying they're not!), that's wrong too. I don't want to get flamed, so don't think I'm defending anyone at 3ABN.

But I do think an important principle is at stake.

What makes me really uncomfortable is the implication that anyone with strong roots in another denomination has "suspect" theology. Jesus Himself got accused of being animated by a false spirit. Who are we to judge Another's servant? scratchchin.gif

Worse, who are we to say that what any given Pentecostal Christian "hears" is not from the Lord? Don't we run the risk of blaspheming the Holy Spirit yikes.gif if we're wrong?

If you know your Adventist history, you know we had a lot of the same stuff going on at the beginning that the charismatic churches have now.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 19 2006, 10:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church