Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10865&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ellen White Quote
justme
post Sep 24 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 24 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]153379[/snapback]

Dont unregister... and FWIW, I am not upset... I am opinionated to a fault on occasion and sometimes wrong but never in doubt... but I am not upset and while those not familiar with me may not catch it, I derive great pleasure in discussing things with people whose perspective and mine may not jibe. Your opinions are causing me no angst... and as Patrick Henry once said, I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say them. BSDA does not seek to be monolithic and it's strength is it's diversity... not just in the backgrounds of the members but also in the perspectives and opinions those members hold.

Hope this helps.

In His service,
Mr. J

YUP! it does.

P.S. I'm kinda losing any expectation that anything will come of all this stuff at 3ABN.

As usual it likely will be swept under the rug.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 24 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 24 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]153380[/snapback]

YUP! it does.

P.S. I'm kinda losing any expectation that anything will come of all this stuff at 3ABN.

and you might be right.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 24 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Sep 24 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]153362[/snapback]

I still just don't get it. If Danny has done all that he has been accused of, why don't the wronged take legal action. If they are why all the secrecy? If there is such hard evidence what are they worried about? If the evidence is there why won't the "leaders" believe it? I see some of them being blinded but not all of them. I understand Dr. B spoke out but I hate to say it he doesn't have much credibility with most SDA's I know....

I'd sure like to agree with you, US. Have you ever taken legal action? It seems so easy, but when you are up against an institution which can afford a battery of defending lawyers, it takes more money than most of them have combined to take legal action. Besides that a legal action takes forever. I think it is called due process, but perhaps someone will correct me on this?

Certain top leaders I have spoken to fear repercussions. . . Some state that they are not able to do anything because 3ABN is a private institution and not under the church. Others claim they can do nothng because their pastoral pledge demands confidentiality, so they cannot reveal what they know about the case.

Fortunately help is well under way. At first we thought it was merely a matter of a few days, but it has taken just a few more, according to those involved. Pray for justice.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 24 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

But that is no reason to leave BSDA....God is in control....No matter what happens. smile.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 24 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]153382[/snapback]

and you might be right.....

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 24 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]153380[/snapback]

YUP! it does.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 24 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 24 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]153363[/snapback]

SNIP... Since there are many areas of EGW's writings which I find irritating at the least you might sense a bit of acrimony against the 'dear' lady.

Please be careful and kind. EGW can be a cruel tool in the hands of the wong people when applied to people who do not deserve it but are often not quite confident enough in themselves, perhaps, or in their understanding of God's true will for them: indeed, all of us, when it comes to knowing when to stand up for truth have been so conditioned by Satan to think that to want anything for ourselves is selfishness that it oftens clouds our sense of propriety. Be sure that you are not one of those 'beating down the faithful' with her words used in an unkind way.

JustTana

My great grandfather and great grandmother took their four children and went over the hill from their California home to Elmshaven to visit with Sister White. She told them they must stop having children for the mother was in poor health. This was true but the family didn't hold much stock in the counsel because her lung condition was always better when she was pregant.

They had two more children. When the youngest was only two, the young mother suddenly died of a heart attack. The family became divided on the issue of Sister White. Some continued to believe she was inspired counsel for us (my grandfather was one) the others grew away from the church in their attempts to disprove what she taught about our health message, etc. At family reunions down the years, at least when that generation was still around, there would be lively and sometimes acrimonious debates over the issue.

So, now science explains why my great grandmother felt better while she was pregnant - her immune system was altered to accomodate a baby so her asthma subsided during these times. That didn't help the heart condition that was was getting worse with each pregnancy, though.

To look back on the significant impact that the simple counsel had on a family that now numbers in the hundreds is stunning!

Thought you might find it interesting.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 24 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

was that inspired counsel? Or was it an observation?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 24 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Wow!

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 24 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]153388[/snapback]

My great grandfather and great grandmother took their four children and went over the hill from their California home to Elmshaven to visit with Sister White. She told them they must stop having children for the mother was in poor health. This was true but the family didn't hold much stock in the counsel because her lung condition was always better when she was pregant.

They had two more children. When the youngest was only two, the young mother suddenly died of a heart attack. The family became divided on the issue of Sister White. Some continued to believe she was inspired counsel for us (my grandfather was one) the others grew away from the church in their attempts to disprove what she taught about our health message, etc. At family reunions down the years, at least when that generation was still around, there would be lively and sometimes acrimonious debates over the issue.

So, now science explains why my great grandmother felt better while she was pregnant - her immune system was altered to accomodate a baby so her asthma subsided during these times. That didn't help the heart condition that was was getting worse with each pregnancy, though.

To look back on the significant impact that the simple counsel had on a family that now numbers in the hundreds is stunning!

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 24 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 24 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]153388[/snapback]

Would it be right for someone to extrapolate from the advice given your great grandparents that people should not have children because EGW told them to stop having children?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 24 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 24 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]153388[/snapback]

I sure do, PB. Thank you for sharing it with us.!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 24 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Not all pastors walk the path of education. Some get ordained after they for several years worked as pastors but without the education. They do the job well and it gets noticed and they are ordained. If the conference in Illinois feels that Danny has faithfully done pastoral work trough 3abn, it might be possible that he would be ordained on that merit. (Well, maybe not Danny...)

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 24 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 24 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]153390[/snapback]

I don't know. What I do know is that if she had followed the advice - inspired or observed - I do believe my great grandmother could have lived much longer and there certainly wouldn't have been the spiritual division in the family. Of course, two family members would not have been born. The son lived his life as an eccentric hermit while the daughter married and had many children and grandchildren who are quite militant in their thoughts against the SDA church and EGW! (Understandable I guess since she wouldn't have been born if the counsel had been followed!)

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 24 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]153393[/snapback]

Would it be right for someone to extrapolate from the advice given your great grandparents that people should not have children because EGW told them to stop having children?
In His service,
Mr. J

Wouldn't make sense unless the people had both athsma and an unknown ticking time bomb of a heart problem. That would sort of be like trying to paint a rose on a thimble with a paint roller!

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Sep 24 2006, 01:59 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
AmeliaLD
post Sep 24 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,692

the bible says Jesus chose Judas.... you bring me a quote from egw that says different.... whom do I believe..... NOT egw..... either the bible is correct or not.... but egw does NOT trump the bible....

Amen

Judas was chosen.
John 6:70

70 Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!" 71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

And Jesus knew ahead of that, that Judas would betray him
John 6:64

64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 24 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 24 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]153399[/snapback]

Wouldn't make sense unless the people had both athsma and an unknown ticking time bomb of a heart problem. That would sort of be like trying to paint a rose on a thimble with a paint roller!

But people do this very thing all the time; they take something EGW said that was a specific piece of counsel to a specific set of circumstances and they extrapolate a universal application that all are expected to abide by lest they be deemed rejecting the counsel of God through His prophet...

This is the inherent danger and flaw in using EGW's writings as if they are some kind of theological trump card, overriding and outweighing everything and anything else.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Sep 24 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #89

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 24 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]153390[/snapback]

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 24 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]153422[/snapback]

....This is the inherent danger and flaw in using EGW's writings as if they are some kind of theological trump card, overriding and outweighing everything and anything else.

Whew....folks is droppin' serious knowledge today.....

I don't have to say nothing...all I need to do is just sign on and agree.....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 24 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 24 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]153422[/snapback]

But people do this very thing all the time; they take something EGW said that was a specific piece of counsel to a specific set of circumstances and they extrapolate a universal application that all are expected to abide by lest they be deemed rejecting the counsel of God through His prophet...

This is the inherent danger and flaw in using EGW's writings as if they are some kind of theological trump card, overriding and outweighing everything and anything else.

In His service,
Mr. J

Is that human nature, or what! It is also done with the Bible. Acts 2:1 says:

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place."

Some could cite that this is God showing His preference for Hondas instead of Toyotas.

Context, context, context! That really is the key.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church