Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1144&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:44:35 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News, But it is.
princessdi
post Jun 26 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(kountzer @ Jun 25 2004, 05:15 PM)
How would you know Di? It is so easy to kick back and play holier than thou armchair (or in this case, cyber msg board) referee, and christian media mogul. You have no idea how hot the glare is under those lights, or how much sweat goes into maintaining a venture like 3ABN, or how devastating it is to suffer a personal let down like that in the process.

Actually, DB, I don't how difficult it is, there is always a right and wrong way to handle things. The comment never needed to be made. Virtually none of the viewing audience knew until they put it out there, and they wouldn't have know for quite a quite since shows are taped in advance.

Like I said before we should be exxtending God's love and forgiveness to the parties involved, and most of all keep them in our prayers.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 27 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #47

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 26 2004, 05:59 PM)
Actually, DB, I don't how difficult it is, there is always a right and wrong way to handle things. The comment never needed to be made. Virtually none of the viewing audience knew until they put it out there, and they wouldn't have know for quite a quite since shows are taped in advance.

Like I said before we should be exxtending God's love and forgiveness to the parties involved, and most of all keep them in our prayers.

Actually Di, many if not most of the viewing audience knew. Linda has not appeared on the show in months, and Danny has been touring for months without her. If you folks knew the half of the story, you may think differently about who is being vindictive, and why 3ABN should distance itself from Linda. This is more than just an issue between husband and wife but the very struggle for 3ABN.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 27 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 27 2004, 07:46 PM)
This is more than just an issue between husband and wife but the very struggle for 3ABN.

And back to Paul and Jan I go! TBN here I come... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 28 2004, 01:02 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 27 2004, 07:46 PM)
Actually Di, many if not most of the viewing audience knew. Linda has not appeared on the show in months, and Danny has been touring for months without her. If you folks knew the half of the story, you may think differently about who is being vindictive, and why 3ABN should distance itself from Linda. This is more than just an issue between husband and wife but the very struggle for 3ABN.

And its statements like yours Calvin that drive nosy people like me (yeah I am nosy and??? boxing.gif ) up a wall....... nothing more than a tease, tease, tease..... cool.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 28 2004, 07:16 AM
Post #50

site admin
Group Icon

Yes I know Clay tabletalk.gif tongue.gif gonna be quiet now.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 28 2004, 10:14 AM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 27 2004, 05:46 PM)

Ok, now, Calvin, you 've been holding out. You know I don't know a thing about 3ABN. We don't have it in my area. And Danny didn't include my church in his tour. DB, maybe you were right. I don't have a problem being wrong. This is a mess! I'm with Paradise! LOL!!!

Seriously, I still do believe we should all stay prayerful about this vey unfortunate situation.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 28 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 28 2004, 10:14 AM)
Seriously, I still do believe we should all stay prayerful about this vey unfortunate situation.

We should lift Danny and Linda up in prayer, and may some good come out of this unfortunate troubled situation, all for the glory of God!...

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 28 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #53

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(PARADISE @ Jun 28 2004, 03:53 PM)
We should lift Danny and Linda up in prayer, and may some good come out of this unfortunate troubled situation, all for the glory of God!...

Amen

+Quote Post
pmorris68
post Jul 8 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 28 2004, 10:32 PM)
Amen

Well apparently the cat is out the bag because I got a letter from the chairman of 3ABN today which was forwarded to me with comments from a church friend stating they had asked her stop doing whatever she was doing and she refused so they gave her the boot. I can send the letter to anyone who wants to read it.

YES I read it !! I am nosy too!! gossip.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Mar 12 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(pmorris68 @ Jul 8 2004, 05:55 PM) [snapback]14346[/snapback]

Well apparently the cat is out the bag because I got a letter from the chairman of 3ABN today which was forwarded to me with comments from a church friend stating they had asked her stop doing whatever she was doing and she refused so they gave her the boot. I can send the letter to anyone who wants to read it.

YES I read it !! I am nosy too!! gossip.gif

Recently my family and I have gone through some very difficult times. And one thing that we have learned is that if God is not in charge nothing is worthwhile. And I have come to believe that the same is true of 3ABN, Danny, Linda and all the rest. If God is not in charge, and if they do not let God lead them, then nothing that they can or will do will be worthwhile to Him. Stars my be born but they will burn out quickly without the nurturing of God. I have learned a lot in the last few months and only when all those who have ever worked at 3ABN learn to let go of unimportant things of this world and only trust in Jesus will they ever truly be real Christians. We do not have to fight for them---any of them--someday the truth will all be known to us all. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 12 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gurl, I just can't believe you went and dug this up! LOL!!! However, I am glad you did. I shows that initially we were not interested in a huge discussion or gossiping about who did what at 3ABN, but instead ofered our prayers to all. Folks were curious, but left it at that. Now, a little later when Danny came on here guns blazing and lying, it became a different story.......

QUOTE(summertime @ Mar 12 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]184770[/snapback]

Recently my family and I have gone through some very difficult times. And one thing that we have learned is that if God is not in charge nothing is worthwhile. And I have come to believe that the same is true of 3ABN, Danny, Linda and all the rest. If God is not in charge, and if they do not let God lead them, then nothing that they can or will do will be worthwhile to Him. Stars my be born but they will burn out quickly without the nurturing of God. I have learned a lot in the last few months and only when all those who have ever worked at 3ABN learn to let go of unimportant things of this world and only trust in Jesus will they ever truly be real Christians. We do not have to fight for them---any of them--someday the truth will all be known to us all. 'summertime'

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(summertime @ Mar 12 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]184770[/snapback]

Very good thoughts, summertime. I think all of us can agree that without God in charge nothing measures up. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags.

As I read the last few posts from June of 2004, I marveled at how different things appear now to many who have been following this saga. I just have to thank Calvin, once again, for reserving this little space on his site for the discussion of 3abn.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 12 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(summertime @ Mar 12 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]184770[/snapback]

Do you know that they "hang on to things of the world" from personal experience or only what you have read here?
Just curious.

+Quote Post
Delford
post Mar 12 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #59

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,165

im new to this board. and im not sure where to write. can someone tell me in a few words what is happening with 3abn without me having to read through all this?

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 12 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Actually this thread ws the beginning. However, the details to follow are varied and complicated. I am sorry there is no easy way. In order that you might read and form your own opinion, I suugest you start with the older th reads that, like this one that date back to 2004, and then the pinned topics. Most, but not all, here have taken one side or the other. Even though BSDA is neutral.

QUOTE(Delford @ Mar 12 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]184815[/snapback]

im new to this board. and im not sure where to write. can someone tell me in a few words what is happening with 3abn without me having to read through all this?

thanks in advance

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church