Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1144&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:44:37 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News, But it is.
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Delford @ Mar 12 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]184815[/snapback]

im new to this board. and im not sure where to write. can someone tell me in a few words what is happening with 3abn without me having to read through all this?

thanks in advance

Delford,

You can write anywhere the Spirit moves you to do so. If you want to know what is going on, keep in mind that there are a couple thousand members here on BSDA and if they each boiled it down for you, you would most likely get a couple thousand different answers.

If you really want to know what is going on at 3abn it would be best for you to jump in and read the pinned threads. I am not the best person to advise you on the best procedure. There are several different "sides" here and, once you get an idea of what has been shared already, you can begin reading what various members' opinions and takes on the saga are.

You can read the results of an independant investigation into the matter by going to (please avert your eyes Bystander, wwjd, Lee and FHB):

http://www.save3abn.com/

Keep in mind that the 3abn forum is only a tiny part of Calvin's wonderful site, BlackSDA.com. You can find many a blessing by fellowshipping here and in other areas.

Bottom line, if you want to know, read read read. Don't take anybody's word for anything without digging for verification. That is, if you want to find the truth, IMO.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 12 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Danny and Linda: un-Biblical divorce, but unproven claims it was (claimed by Danny and supporters)

Tommy Shelton: Sexual molester, never denied but much evidence, and Danny is covering it up.

3abn: misuse or poorly used donor funds.

There, just a few words like you asked. However if you want to know more and are really wanting to know the truth start reading the pinned articles. If you are not willing to read them you are not serious about the subject. It will take time, lots of time. And prayer, lots of prayer. Let His Holy Spirit guide you as you study the posts. And may God bless you as you form answers in your own mind.

Richard

QUOTE(Delford @ Mar 12 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]184815[/snapback]

im new to this board. and im not sure where to write. can someone tell me in a few words what is happening with 3abn without me having to read through all this?

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 12 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

And what about us?

This post has been edited by Lee: Mar 12 2007, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 12 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Read Gurl!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 12 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]184822[/snapback]

And what about us?

Lee,

You are well represented in my post:

There are several different "sides" here and, once you get an idea of what has been shared already, you can begin reading what various members' opinions and takes on the saga are.
You can read the results of an independant investigation into the matter by going to (please avert your eyes Bystander, wwjd, Lee and FHB):

http://www.save3abn.com/

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Mar 12 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I have been watching this 3ABN saga since Nov 2006. Taking the time to read at least the pinned threads is very important. Also don't forget to go to the website suggested. There are no pro and con discussions like in here, just letters.

Happy Reading
welcome(1).gif to BSDA

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Mar 12 2007, 08:54 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 12 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #67

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Delford @ Mar 12 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]184815[/snapback]

thanks in advance

If you are truly concerned and not simply seeking prurient titillation, then you really need to take the time to read what is here; it will give you the sense of how this thing has developed over the last 33 months and counting. Rather than having someone give you a condensed version, read it and come to your own conclusions...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 13 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 12 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]184821[/snapback]

Danny and Linda: un-Biblical divorce, but unproven claims it was (claimed by Danny and supporters)

Tommy Shelton: Sexual molester, never denied but much evidence, and Danny is covering it up.

3abn: misuse or poorly used donor funds.

There, just a few words like you asked. However if you want to know more and are really wanting to know the truth start reading the pinned articles. If you are not willing to read them you are not serious about the subject. It will take time, lots of time. And prayer, lots of prayer. Let His Holy Spirit guide you as you study the posts. And may God bless you as you form answers in your own mind.

Richard

Richard, you have to be kidding. In order to get the truth read the UNAUTHORIZED version of 3abn and a FICTIONAL televangelist story that makes a harlequin look good. You cannot be serious about truth vs fiction if that is what you advise a newcomer to do.
Think about it. UNAUTHORIZED & FICTIONAL is what you are telling people is truth. Unbelievable. I expected better of you Richard.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Mar 13 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 13 2007, 03:00 AM) [snapback]184881[/snapback]

Richard, you have to be kidding. In order to get the truth read the UNAUTHORIZED version of 3abn and a FICTIONAL televangelist story that makes a harlequin look good. You cannot be serious about truth vs fiction if that is what you advise a newcomer to do.
Think about it. UNAUTHORIZED & FICTIONAL is what you are telling people is truth. Unbelievable. I expected better of you Richard.

I was curious and looked up the definition of "bystander."

Webster: one present but not taking part in a situation or event: a chance spectator

Wiktionary: a person who, although present at some event, does not take part in it; an observer or spectator

The Free Dictionary: Bystander Effect

The bystander effect (also known as bystander apathy) is a psychological phenomenon in which someone is less likely to intervene in an emergency situation when others are present than when he is alone. ...In some situations, a large group of bystanders may fail to help a person who obviously needs help. ...
A common explanation of this phenomenon is that, with others present, observers all assume that someone else is going to intervene and so they each individually refrain from doing so. This is an example of how diffusion of responsibility leads to social loafing. ... This is an example of pluralistic ignorance and social proof...

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 13 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

thanks in advance

Welcome to BSDA, Delford. I see that several others have given answers to your question, which is one that newbies frequently ask when they arrive here seeking information and are confronted with what seems like an endless number of threads on the topic.

I also notice that you asked in another place specifically why Linda left 3abn. The short answer to that is because Danny wanted her out of his life. But to understand that, and to become aware of the wider range of questions that there are regarding 3abn, there is no substitute for patient research into this and the save3abn site.

I have on occasion written a rather detailed outline suggesting how and in what order to tackle the posts on this site when newbies came on and asked. The most recent of these can be found HERE <<<click to access it.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 13 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Bystander get off your high horse and expecting better of a person stuff. All you are interested in is attack and diversion. There is much truth to be gleaned from this forum, you know that. If there were not truth then the Dannyites should show that there is not. Instead you and the rest just attack the messenger instead of the message. This is very typical behavior for those that cannot refute what is being said. Until there is as much testimony and evidence to show that Danny's camp is correct it is logical to believe what is being posted on these thread. And every time you folks attack the messenger you just add weight to what they are posting. A bad defense is worse than no defense and just lends credence to the opposition.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 13 2007, 03:00 AM) [snapback]184881[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 13 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 13 2007, 04:19 AM) [snapback]184822[/snapback]

And what about us?

Do you feel left out? We will have to do something about that.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 13 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

thanks in advance

While I am a newbie to posting, I am NOT a newbie to reading.... (I've been reading BlackSDA since June/July of 2006) There is no substitute for reading yourself. Personally, I found that the "fictional" accounts can be helpful to pull together a picture which allows you to clearly see where some are coming from, however I do not find them as evidence of anything.

Let me give a brief summary of my journey to illustrate my position.... I hope that some of my comments will be beneficial to someone.

When I first heard that there were problems at 3abn, I didn't have any idea who or what to believe. When I saw the broadcast of 3abn campmeeting, and heard Danny plea for prayer for Linda to return, I felt truly awful for "poor" Danny.

Then I heard about the "spiritual adultery" - and found NO biblical basis for divorce based on that reason. Saying that it is acceptable to divorce someone because they are involved in behavior that can lead to adultery is like saying that when the doctor's diagnosis comes back "positive", we'll go ahead and hold the funeral and bury them... why? because there's a good chance that they're going to die anyway!

I found Linda's website via Google, and was highly suspicious when I read the contract posted there... The result of that reading, was that I was put in a position of limbo.

Early last summer, I was alerted via a friend of BlackSDA. I came here and read, but quite frankly, the argumentative discussion that went on here at times, really turned me off.

What has finally formulated my opinion of the Danny side of this issue is the evidence Danny himself has presented. His emails are - well, not the slightest bit impressive. Danny has spoken too much... and it has hurt him. He has convicted himself in my mind.

As for Linda.... she is innocent until proven guilty. At this point, I have not seen conclusive evidence that she is guilty. Her own letters have certainly not convicted her yet. I hear that there is evidence that we have not seen... I await that evidence. This is why I say that I do not KNOW that Linda is innocent.

(And then there's the Tommy issue.... that is partially a separate issue in my mind, yet there is some critical overlap. I do not feel that I am qualified to determine much in that situation - except that were children are concerned, we should ALWAYS err on the side of caution.)

Too much of what is presented is he said/she said (or his side said / her side said). Then, there's the fact that most people involved in the discussion on this forum hide behind usernames. I respect their right to do so (and take that option myself) - but in turn, they must respect my right to set their comments aside as inconclusive.

You really must read for yourself to see which evidence you deem as credible. Personally, I'm pretty restrictive on where I draw my line. Others accept anonymous testimony happily.

Remember, as you read, that there are 4 basic options on the Danny/Linda issue:

1. Both are innocent
2. Danny is innocent, Linda is gulity
3. Danny is guilty, Linda is innocent
4. Both are gulity

For myself, the evidence I have read/seen has enabled me to narrow the options down to two.....

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Mar 13 2007, 08:56 AM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
summertime
post Mar 13 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 12 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]184772[/snapback]

Gurl, I just can't believe you went and dug this up! LOL!!! However, I am glad you did. I shows that initially we were not interested in a huge discussion or gossiping about who did what at 3ABN, but instead ofered our prayers to all. Folks were curious, but left it at that. Now, a little later when Danny came on here guns blazing and lying, it became a different story.......

Princess Di: Just wanted to say that I agree with everything you wrote in this post. I just want for 3ABN to straighten out this mess, and I only believe that when they quit looking for glory (at least some of them) and truely let the Lord lead the way---leave the blazing guns alone and the truth be told by the founder of 3ABN will God ever allow this mess to be cleaned up. Sure, good people are being hurt by his trangressions, but in God's time and with prayer for all, this will end someday. I no longer watch 3ABN--I believe that a lot of good people are featured there--but also the other way around with some of them. But God knows---if He didn't know, then we would probably all be in trouble. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 13 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Mar 13 2007, 02:22 AM) [snapback]184884[/snapback]

I was curious and looked up the definition of "bystander."

Webster: one present but not taking part in a situation or event: a chance spectator

Wiktionary: a person who, although present at some event, does not take part in it; an observer or spectator

The Free Dictionary: Bystander Effect

The bystander effect (also known as bystander apathy) is a psychological phenomenon in which someone is less likely to intervene in an emergency situation when others are present than when he is alone. ...In some situations, a large group of bystanders may fail to help a person who obviously needs help. ...
A common explanation of this phenomenon is that, with others present, observers all assume that someone else is going to intervene and so they each individually refrain from doing so. This is an example of how diffusion of responsibility leads to social loafing. ... This is an example of pluralistic ignorance and social proof...

I think it has become obvious long ago that bystander just stood by while Linda was thrown under the bus.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church