Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11914&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:44:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions For Joe Smith, for starters: "mansion" & "huge pool"
Aletheia
post Dec 27 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(watchbird @ Dec 27 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]165822[/snapback]

Anytime you reply within 20 minutes of posting.... unless someone else has responded within that time.... your new reply will be considered part of the previous and be added to it. The only way to force it to go to a new post is to wait..... wave.gif

Thanks, I thought I was in the twilight zone... biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 27 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 27 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]165853[/snapback]

Thanks, I thought I was in the twilight zone... biggrin.gif

you may be.... in the twilight zone that is.... lol.gif

but now you know why your posts get added to your previous posts....yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 27 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 27 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]165812[/snapback]

Maybe someone else does, I don't recall reading that anywhere here or anywhere else???

To the best of my knowledge this is where the term "spiritual adultery" originated.

Walt thompson's letter to Gregory Matthews:

"In early March Danny called me. He was very distraught as he told me what Linda was doing. I immediately traveled to 3abn to find out for myself, and for the next two to three months was there for a few days almost every week. During this time I and a small committee of the board had a number of sessions with Linda, encouraging her to break off the relationship that was ruining her home and putting a serious strain on the ministry. Pastor John L. was one of the first to counsel Linda. From the start, before meeting with Danny and Linda together he warned Linda that what she was doing was wrong, and must stop. He then spent hours counseling the two of them together. I am not sure how many other sessions were had. When I arrived, I arranged for Pastor John, Linda and Danny and I to meet together. We met, talked and prayed. Both Danny and Linda were anointed, and committed to God to do what was right. Linda promised us to cut off the relationship. Not long (I don't remember the length of time, but probably less than an hour) she was secretly on the phone to Norway with the doctor again. We had other sessions with her where she reluctantly made similar agreements, but usually said she was not going to give him up until she was sure Danny would stop interfering in her affairs - as if it was Danny's fault they were having trouble. On one occasion I was able to get the doctor on the phone. I begged him to break of the relationship. He told me he would not. We arranged for Danny and Linda to visit a marriage counselor couple out of state. They were not Adventist, but devout Christians of another faith. They were chosen so that Linda could not claim that they were biased, if Adventist. Danny and Linda spent eight hours with the counselors. They were the one's who told Linda she was committing "spiritual adultery" and that it was wrong and must be stopped at once. She made excuses, said she was doing nothing wrong. They warned her that the way she was going it would soon become physical."
Me too.

There's no point in quoting Thompson on the issue. He was not there. When Thompson says that "She made excuses," or "They warned her," just remember that he was not there .

And what's the point of having "unbiased" counselors if Thompson is going to spin what the counselors supposedly said in Thompson's own words, when Thompson wasn't even there?

In addition, the counselors in Kansas never asked Kay Kuzma to recommend books on "Spiritual Adultery" nor have the counselors in Kansas ever endorsed any book recommendations.

This Thompson explanation is meant to extract 3ABN out of the Spiritual Adultery corner in which they painted themselves and point the finger elsewhere. The entire Thompson explanation falls flat on its face, in my estimation.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 27 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Back to the main topic of this thread.

In Summary: Joe Smith has admitted then when he said that linda now lives in a "mansion" with a "huge pool," he really meant any house larger than what he lives in, and a house with any size pool whatsoever, no matter how small.

Still Unanswered: Joe, how did you know her house has any sort of pool? Have you seen it personally? If soo, when? If not, who told you, and how did they know?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 27 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Back to the main topic of this thread:

In Summary: Joe Smith has admitted then when he said that linda now lives in a "mansion" with a "huge pool," he really meant any house larger than what he lives in, and a house with any size pool whatsoever, no matter how small.

Naw, that was just a big glass of haterade! tsk, tsk, tsk....... no.gif

Still Unanswered: Joe, how did you know her house has any sort of pool? Have you seen it personally? If soo, when? If not, who told you, and how did they know?

Ok so I think I missed something here......when did Joe Smith become an "insider"? I might be worng, but I thought he was one of the ones claiming not to know anybody or anything....."Just trying to get the facts, Ma'am." Ooops Flashback! I might be wrong, though. Won't be the first time........

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 27 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #81

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 27 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]165861[/snapback]

Ok so I think I missed something here......when did Joe Smith become an "insider"? I might be worng, but I thought he was one of the ones claiming not to know anybody or anything....."Just trying to get the facts, Ma'am." Ooops Flashback! I might be wrong, though. Won't be the first time........

I'm pretty sure he claimed to be an insider, from maybe 20 years ago on up. But regarding the size of Linda's current house and the presence of a pool, that's not likely something he has personally seen.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 27 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok, well I can understand that. I can even understand that, depending on where she is living, that she might have a big house, she did get about $250,000.00. She has to have something to show for it, or else the IRS will eat it up for her.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 27 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]165873[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he claimed to be an insider, from maybe 20 years ago on up. But regarding the size of Linda's current house and the presence of a pool, that's not likely something he has personally seen.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Grace @ Dec 26 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]165609[/snapback]

Well, I believe Johann because I know him personnally and my husband, who's a friend of him and has known him for many years, testifies that he's always been an honest, true man of God. I know he wouldn't lie.

This is very kind of you, Grace. By now I have sufficient clues to see who you are. You are not only an excellent cook of the kind oaf vegetarian meals they used to present at 3ABN, but both you and your husband are witnesses in proclaiming the Advent Message to young and old. God bless you!

Since moving here to this area in Iceland where there are about 12,000 people and everybody knows everybody, except the newcomers, I have found it convenient, when asked who I am, to say that I am the man who married the widow of Rein. Then everbody knows the family and the relatives. They know they are dependaple people. So we must be true. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 27 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]165876[/snapback]

Ok, well I can understand that. I can even understand that, depending on where she is living, that she might have a big house, she did get about $250,000.00. She has to have something to show for it, or else the IRS will eat it up for her.

Is it up to all of us to divde the spoil and determine how Linda uses her money? When she bought that house it was impossible for her to get any bank loan. She was without a job, and she had no health insurance. 3ABN had removed that when she was fired. I have posted elsewhere Danny's threats to stoop the monthly payments,and he was even insinuating he would demand the money back. She was not getting $250,000.00 all at once. This was to be in monthly payment. So she had to get a loan somewhere to get a place where she could live farther away from 3ABN than the mobile home where Danny built a porch and she had a suspicion he had planted some spy mikes.

I went to see that mobile home. Danny's private investigators must have followed us, because Danny told me himself that he knew I had been there while he himself was attending Camp Meeting at Thompsonville.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 27 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No, it is not, I totally agree. That is why I said I can understand, depending on where she lived, the size and type of house. She may not have gotten the money all at once, but it was till more than a lot of people get in weekly/biweekly paychecks, over two years. Uncle Sam was going to be asking some questions about that money. regardless, especialy since there was no visible form of income.

Like I said Joe's first comments about the house were "haterade"(envious) to begin with.

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 27 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]165883[/snapback]

Is it up to all of us to divde the spoil and determine how Linda uses her money? When she bought that house it was impossible for her to get any bank loan. She was without a job, and she had no health insurance. 3ABN had removed that when she was fired. I have posted elsewhere Danny's threats to stoop the monthly payments,and he was even insinuating he would demand the money back. She was not getting $250,000.00 all at once. This was to be in monthly payment. So she had to get a loan somewhere to get a place where she could live farther away from 3ABN than the mobile home where Danny built a porch and she had a suspicion he had planted some spy mikes.

I went to see that mobile home. Danny's private investigators must have followed us, because Danny told me himself that he knew I had been there while he himself was attending Camp Meeting at Thompsonville.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Walt thompson's letter to Gregory Matthews:

"In early March Danny called me. He was very distraught as he told me what Linda was doing. I immediately traveled to 3abn to find out for myself, and for the next two to three months was there for a few days almost every week. During this time I and a small committee of the board had a number of sessions with Linda, encouraging her to break off the relationship that was ruining her home and putting a serious strain on the ministry. Pastor John L. was one of the first to counsel Linda. From the start, before meeting with Danny and Linda together he warned Linda that what she was doing was wrong, and must stop. He then spent hours counseling the two of them together. I am not sure how many other sessions were had. When I arrived, I arranged for Pastor John, Linda and Danny and I to meet together. We met, talked and prayed. Both Danny and Linda were anointed, and committed to God to do what was right. Linda promised us to cut off the relationship. Not long (I don't remember the length of time, but probably less than an hour) she was secretly on the phone to Norway with the doctor again. We had other sessions with her where she reluctantly made similar agreements, but usually said she was not going to give him up until she was sure Danny would stop interfering in her affairs - as if it was Danny's fault they were having trouble. On one occasion I was able to get the doctor on the phone. I begged him to break of the relationship. He told me he would not. We arranged for Danny and Linda to visit a marriage counselor couple out of state. They were not Adventist, but devout Christians of another faith. They were chosen so that Linda could not claim that they were biased, if Adventist. Danny and Linda spent eight hours with the counselors. They were the one's who told Linda she was committing "spiritual adultery" and that it was wrong and must be stopped at once. She made excuses, said she was doing nothing wrong. They warned her that the way she was going it would soon become physical."

I was in communication with both Linda and Danny through this period.

Linda did not agree that she had talked with John Lomacang for hours. She heard Danny tell John and the others his thwarted story, and that seemed to be most of what was going on throughout what Walt Thompson calls counselling.

Linda told me through these sessions that what was so frustrating to her was how the demands were worded. She was to admit that she had committed adultery so that Danny could marry someone else. She was to state that Dr. Arild Abrahamsen was an impostor and a devil and that she had committed a grievous sin by talking to him.

Linda asked me to convey to Arild that she had agreed to stop all communication with him in order to save her marriage to Danny. But as you see now it was wrong of her to communicate this to him, even though it was through me. . . She became more and more frustrated because no one at 3ABN would believe anything she said. It all got thwarted and interpreted as more evidence against her.

So it would not surprice me if Joe also got hold of some of this false evidence and is still holding it against her.

I have stated elsewhere that one of Danny's main witnesses against her, called me recently and told me Danny is not telling the truth, because he never had those counselling sessions with Linda that Danny and Walt have claimed in many of their writings.

Both Danny and Linda communicated with me both before and after their trip to Kansas. Walt's account is extremely one-sided. What else do you expect when he listens to and depends only on the account of one person?

Arild's account of what he told Walt on the phone is also quite different from what Walt states. Arild called me just after he had talked to Walt. He had no reason to give me a false account of the conversation.

I have no written records of what I am stating here. You have to aqcknowledge that I was not as far away from this as some like to claim I was. Close enough to say that some of the accounts of Walt and Joe are unduly biased towards one side of the issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 27 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 27 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]165898[/snapback]

I have stated elsewhere that one of Danny's main witnesses against her, called me recently and told me Danny is not telling the truth, because he never had those counselling sessions with Linda that Danny and Walt have claimed in many of their writings.

Can you post where Danny and Walt have said this, and can you get in writing from that individual a statement to the contrary?

+Quote Post
Grace
post Dec 27 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 27 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]165878[/snapback]

This is very kind of you, Grace. By now I have sufficient clues to see who you are. You are not only an excellent cook of the kind oaf vegetarian meals they used to present at 3ABN, but both you and your husband are witnesses in proclaiming the Advent Message to young and old. God bless you!

Since moving here to this area in Iceland where there are about 12,000 people and everybody knows everybody, except the newcomers, I have found it convenient, when asked who I am, to say that I am the man who married the widow of Rein. Then everbody knows the family and the relatives. They know they are dependaple people. So we must be true. . .

Thank you, my friend, for your kind words. They honor me more than I deserve. God bless you too!

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
summertime
post Dec 27 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 27 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]165893[/snapback]

No, it is not, I totally agree. That is why I said I can understand, depending on where she lived, the size and type of house. She may not have gotten the money all at once, but it was till more than a lot of people get in weekly/biweekly paychecks, over two years. Uncle Sam was going to be asking some questions about that money. regardless, especialy since there was no visible form of income.

Like I said Joe's first comments about the house were "haterade"(envious) to begin with.

I wonder if anyone will stop to realize how far $250,000 will go these days to start over. I live in a 1200 square foot house smack in the middle of Missouri---it would probably sell for about close to $120,000--small lot--nicely kept but in a quite modest neighborhood. $250,000 to buy a house and live in Springfield, Ill. for years--starting over, paying taxes, health insurance and caring for herself without a steady income? Linda did not get rich---and if the IRS is looking over her books they will probably take their share also. It costs more than that to keep a jet plane and pay all the expenses incurred for it for one year.---All this talk about Linda making a bunch is almost funny. I think that if any one of us had to walk out of our home with nothing but personal belongings and start looking for a new way of life with no house to call our home, that bank account would dwindle in a hurry.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 27 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Here in California, in most parts she could not even get what you have. Not saying she got a lot, point is she didn't get what she was due by a long shot. She got the short end of the stick fo' sho'! I completely understand by what is being said. It is not a lot of money these days to start over.

QUOTE(summertime @ Dec 27 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]165909[/snapback]

I wonder if anyone will stop to realize how far $250,000 will go these days to start over. I live in a 1200 square foot house smack in the middle of Missouri---it would probably sell for about close to $120,000--small lot--nicely kept but in a quite modest neighborhood. $250,000 to buy a house and live in Springfield, Ill. for years--starting over, paying taxes, health insurance and caring for herself without a steady income? Linda did not get rich---and if the IRS is looking over her books they will probably take their share also. It costs more than that to keep a jet plane and pay all the expenses incurred for it for one year.---All this talk about Linda making a bunch is almost funny. I think that if any one of us had to walk out of our home with nothing but personal belongings and start looking for a new way of life with no house to call our home, that bank account would dwindle in a hurry.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church