Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12025&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another newbie critical of BSDA, Handling of the 3ABN threads
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]168240[/snapback]

mr. J if you read all of my posts today then you know I have stated I came today and will leave today after having my say. God cannot be happy with time spent on this gossip. Your post only confirms what I have been saying all afternoon. That you have swallowed hook line and sinker whatever it is you have been reading the past 2 years. I would bet that you have absolutely no personal knowledge of the situation whatsoever. And like many of the members on this forum, you have totally bypassed the question "is what is being done and said on this forum Christlike." No one has answered that yet. I became a "temporary member" to state my case that if this is what the adventist people have lowered themselves too, that my heart is breaking.

As I permanently sign out, I beg of you Members, get a life one that you can be proud to stand before God with. Your lives do not revolve around Danny or Linda Shelton, 3abn, the conference,Asi or any other earthly entity. No matter what rebutles I have gotten today, No one can justify that being involved in this kind of forum is wrong and a waste of our time that God has given us. No one can argue with biblical principle on attacks, accusations, gossip and the like on, or about, both sides that are talked about here. Please, stop hurting and pray for healing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 7 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #62

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]168240[/snapback]

mr. J if you read all of my posts today then you know I have stated I came today and will leave today after having my say.

Apprently you are under the mistaken impression that we have an interest in anything you have to say. nonono.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 7 2007, 06:25 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]168240[/snapback]

mr. J if you read all of my posts today then you know I have stated I came today and will leave today after having my say. God cannot be happy with time spent on this gossip. Your post only confirms what I have been saying all afternoon. That you have swallowed hook line and sinker whatever it is you have been reading the past 2 years. I would bet that you have absolutely no personal knowledge of the situation whatsoever. And like many of the members on this forum, you have totally bypassed the question "is what is being done and said on this forum Christlike." No one has answered that yet. I became a "temporary member" to state my case that if this is what the adventist people have lowered themselves too, that my heart is breaking.

Bystander,

In the old days of the adventist people someone or more then one someones would have gotten a letter from Sister white and they would have either listen or not listened, but sadly those days are long gone.

I guess i am confessed has to what has you so upset people talking about what they do not have personal knowledge of what has happened.( for the record i thing that least one third of the people on this topic have some level of personal knowledge) Or that a great wrong has been done, and needs to addressed before things get even more out of hand then they all ready are.

We might disagree about what the great wrong(s) are, but It is my understanding that most here agree that something is wrong.

What I simply do not Get is why the Leadership of our church has allowed this mess to go on so long. THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME PERSONALLY the most upset, because if they can not stand for truth on this topic, how are they going lead out in standing for truth on prophetic issues, that our church will soon be facing?

Erik

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 8 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]168249[/snapback]

As I permanently sign out, I beg of you Members, get a life one that you can be proud to stand before God with. Your lives do not revolve around Danny or Linda Shelton, 3abn, the conference,Asi or any other earthly entity. No matter what rebutles I have gotten today, No one can justify that being involved in this kind of forum is wrong and a waste of our time that God has given us. No one can argue with biblical principle on attacks, accusations, gossip and the like on, or about, both sides that are talked about here. Please, stop hurting and pray for healing

A "bystander's" convictions. Do convictions alone save us in this world and the next?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Bystander – welcome to BSDA

Sometimes a good rant helps one feel better about things. I hope you got some relief.

I have a few comments on your statements.

I am a new addition to this forum. Not because I want to be but because I cannot keep silent. Someone told me about this websight but I couldn't comprehend it so checked it out myself. My first thoughts were that this was a nice SDA page. I began to scroll down to check out the headings. Beliefs of the Adventist church, activities, family topics, meetings being held and then shockingly "the 3ABN saga!!!

Many of those here on this particular forum are here because they can no longer be silent as well. In my own case I was also told about this website in August of 2006. I came here specifically to check out what was being discussed about 3abn and found, as you have, that the 3abn forum is only a small part of a large online gathering place for Seventh-day Adventists to chat and discuss a nearly endless number of topics.

I cannot begin to explain my shock and shame as I began to read what has been written here. The accusations, arguments, name calling and gossip has made me ashamed to be a Seventh Day Adventist. That a supposedly christian web site would host this garbage, and some of these people's comments is without excuse. this "forum" goes against any and all biblical principles and moral ethics.

That is certainly a radical reaction to the discussions held here. I’m saddened to read that you would base your pride of being a Seventh-day Adventist on the behavior of fellow SDAs. While one should be concerned if fellow church members are doing something deemed inappropriate, to base your feelings about being a member of the church on the behavior of others seems a shaky practice.

I know that sometimes discussions can get to the point that they are inappropriate in attitude and spirit but someone usually jumps in corrects the direction. However, to characterize all of what goes on here as garbage and against all biblical principles and moral ethics is a faulty judgement on your part, in my opinion. Of course, you are entitled to that opinion.

I know that you will find, if you read further, that many of the discussions on these important topics are conducted properly and in a very Christian manner and from many points of view.

I have read of an "investigation" of 3ABN and it's people by someone named Pickle and Gailon. They have shown private emails, made info from private calls public, have insisted on answers from the president of the network, Danny Shelton, and have made statements that they would like to clear 3ABN if only they could get straight and clear answers. Well, I have some questions of my own. Who are Pickle and Gailon? What authority do they have to question and investigate anything or anybody? Who, if anyone, put them in charge and gave them the right to dig into anyone's personal lives? The old saying fits here, "who died and left them in charge." Do they have special credentials that I am ignorant of. I have seen even legal topics explained and assessed and told what this or that means in that instance like we were children and they were law proffessors. I have read continually their opinions on something they have read or heard and then stated as fact. As in, " Joe didn't answer Mary's question so obviously this means that Joe is trying to hide the fact that he did ect. ect...

The people you have mentioned have been asked to investigate and/or been drawn into the investigation for various reasons.

My second question would be " are we as a people that hungry for gossip and dirt that we would spend hours on end not only reading this drivel but adding our little 2 cent comments as to the guilt or innocence of people that we have never met and know nothing about except for the pictures that have been painted here. Worse than our comments is our judgements. We are making judgements here that are destroying people, families, and a world wide ministry on gossip, discussions and heresay by people that have no more power or authority that you or I.

Rather than hungry for gossip and dirt, I think you could better characterize many of the folks involved in this particular forum as so concerned about the effect that a supporting ministry to our denomination is having on the work and reputation of that denomination (if the allegations that have been made are true) that these folks are unable to stay silent. Their mission is to bring the truth to light. Sure, there are most likely some who visit here who want gossip and dirt. There are also those who are unconvinced that there is anything amiss with 3abn. There are those who, for whatever motivation, seem to be here to try to divert attention away from the topics by focusing on issues of semantics, etc.

Drivel? Hmmm. If the allegations of molestation by Tommy Shelton are true can you characterize this as drivel? If bringing the allegations to light protects even one child in the future, I’d say it was a very worthy endeavor by those at work here.

And speaking of judgements, you have made plenty of your own here and I’m sure you feel they are appropriate. Most “judgements” or conclusions that have been made here in our discussions have been made with ample evidence to support them.

This divorce that I keep reading about between Danny & Linda Shelton means what..... Howmany of you readers out there have been divorced. How many of you have had a "bitter" divorce? How many of you that answered yes to those 2 questions would like it posted and publisized for all the world to see? Now add to that the rumors and "tall tales" that were told on you from your ex's side then combine that with the "tall tales" that came from your side against your ex then multiply that tenfold by the time it got retold 100 hundred times and what you will come up with is the "black sda web site of "the saga of 3ABN."

In regards to 3abn, when the often-made accusations against the “ex” are broadcast they go throughout the world. There are letters and emails with accusations that have gone out from the beginning of the divorce saga by the husband or his people. Claims and accusations against the wife have been made in rallies to entire churches before the wife was even fired and divorced. There has been plenty of “he said” so is it really a problem if there is a forum where “she said” type opinion are aired?

Do the people involved headlong in this, not have lives of their own? Do they not have problems of their own that they should be working on? Obviously that have big problems or they wouldn't be wasting time destroying everything and everybody in their path.

This is quite an interesting deduction/judgement on your part. Are people with “big problems” the only ones who are so concerned with a desire for justice, truth, the protection of our denomination’s reputation and liability and the protection of potential victims from an alleged molester to speak out?

I have read several excerpts about accusations made by a church of God minister against one of the Shelton Brothers. According to this forum that makes it gospel. The irony of this is that normall we as Adventists turn up our nose at another denomination, especially the minister of another denomination and usually give them no credibility whatsoever. Now because statements from him give us the "supposed dirt" we long to hear, he has all the crediblity in the world. What a laugh on our own people.

Could I ask which Adventist Church you attend? If they are teaching that we should turn up our noses at another denomination they should be reported to your conference officials post haste! Last I heard our Lord values every living soul on this planet and purchased their right to choose His kingdom and eternal life with His very blood!
I understand that both Shelton parents are dead, the father for over 30 years, and yet, accusations, harsh comments and judgements have flew over the internet against people that not only you have never met, but are deceased and not here to defend themselves. This is a sin against God. 3 or 4 people are relaying horrible things on the world wide internet and say that they got some info from someone else who heard it from someone else and so...it must be true and fact.The way I see it, these people that are in the limelight are victims not the enemy. Just as movie stars are attacked and lied and gossiped about in the secular world, so it is with the people that have been involved in the works of 3ABN. In our adventist denomination they were the "stars" and we, we are the writers of the "Enquirer" and "The Star" gossip magazines. We are starved for every little morsel on these people's lives whether it be true or false. We have a secret jealous need to take them down because they had some popularity and were in the limelight. How sad that we overlook the fact that they were in the limelight because they were spreading the gospel to all the world.

Calvin has limited the discussions on this forum to events that have transpired during the history of 3abn. I haven’t seen or read anything of harsh comments about the Shelton parents, at least none made by credible members here.

People on this forum,....how low have we fallen to be pulled into this blasphemous nonsense? If 3ABN is having problems my guess would be that most of it is from what is being written here and on other sites. The bible tells us that we are to turn a deaf ear to gossip, rumors and assumptions and instead pray for the people in question that may be going through a difficult time. Think dear people how many of these problems might have already been resolved if we would have spent as much time on our knees in behalf of all of these people as we have spent attacking, discussing and arguing over them on this web site.
A Bystander

Contrary to the opinion of some, Danny is not a god so the discussions about his behavior on this forum is not blasphemy. If the investigation and subsequent revelations of what is going on at 3abn is causing trauma and discomfort to those responsible is that the fault of those investigating or those doing wrong?

Bystander, once again you have a right to your opinions. It is quite clear that you have not read in depth the information here or deemed truthful the first-hand accounts by many who are close to the 3abn situation. Are you aware that there are members here who are or have been 3abn employees and wish that reformation could be made to protect this ministry? There are those who were hearty supporters until they fell victim to un-Christian like treatment by those professing to represent Christ? There are members here who have seen first hand the adultery, fornication and immoral behavior that is accepted and covered up at the highest levels of 3abn.

Gossip? Rumors? Not when the information comes from 2 or 3 first hand witnesses!

I, for one, and many here have prayed for 3abn and continue to pray for 3abn. We just can’t keep silent and go back to the status quo that has allowed such a culture of immorality to infect the ministry that is supposed to be spreading the Gospel.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]168240[/snapback]

And if you read my post, you will see I was responding to Lee, not to you... even though much of what I said to her would apply to you as well.

Your "temporary" membership is lame, BTW; as kids we used to play a similar game when we felt like being miscreants... it was called "ring and run". Fun stuff for nine year olds... but I'd wager you are far past nine. Seeing you have not been here for the last 2 plus years, you are not in a position to say who knows what or how they came to that knowledge. If you choose to believe it hearsay and gossip, that is your prerogative... but lacking any ability to prove that, as soon as you make that allegation the one whose feet are swift running to mischief are your own... because absent your providing 'proof' all you are spouting is... hearsay and gossip.

Again, I say to you what has been said to others who would rail against this forum and these threads... if you have facts... names, dates, places, etc... verfiable facts... that refute the things presented as fact by Pickle and others... then present them. Otherwise you are all noise and no signal; all sizzle and no steak.

Don't think you are going to dissuade any by attacking the persons who have posted as if you could discredit what is said by discrediting the one who said it. That may be a valid tactic in the private Idaho you inhabit... but it wont fly here.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Clay,

Since there is so much discussion going on with Mr. Bystander and it is sort of distracting from the topic of this thread, could you split the Bystander saga into it's own topic?

Just a thought...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

PeacefullyBewildered

Thank you for such pleasant and well reason spiritual post.

Erik

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 7 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]168249[/snapback]

yes please do.... or if you choose to stay, address the issues and quit attacking the members here.... lest your brief association with us be suspended.... this is not a threat it is a promise..... from an administrator.....consider yourself warned....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 7 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]168258[/snapback]

PeacefullyBewildered

Thank you for such pleasant and well reason spiritual post.

Erik

Eric
Thank you. And welcome to BSDA!

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Bystander,

I will share with you why I have chosen to follow this topic for about a year now.

The reason is about three years ago my local church( of which i am an Elder) decided to put a AD in our local paper that we would give anyone how asked a free 3abn dish, all they had to do was agree to watch it.

So then i am sure you can understand that when a bout a year later the divorce popped up.

Then I Started hear rumblings that Maybe Linda was not the big cheat that she was made out to be, so i decide for the sake of the dishes we had placed in to non SDA homes. With the totally trust that God would fairly represented to those people, that i had better find out what was going in case i got questions from the people that watched those dishes.

So it is true i have no personal connection to the 3abn saga, but i do have a personal connection to those dishes we has a church placed out in to our town in good faith.

Just thought you might want to see were I am coming from on this. Because i personal dread the day when i find out this 3abn mess is on the 24 hour cable news circuit, and the phone calls i am going to get from so good people when that happens, and i firmly believe that is were this is headed if we as the greater body the SDA church do find out quickly the whole truth and nothing but the truth on this topic.

Erik

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 7 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #72

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 7 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]168257[/snapback]

Clay,

Since there is so much discussion going on with Mr. Bystander and it is sort of distracting from the topic of this thread, could you split the Bystander saga into it's own topic?

Just a thought...

Going to close this topic for awhile so I can split the topic.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 7 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 7 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]168270[/snapback]

Going to close this topic for awhile so I can split the topic.

good split.... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 7 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]168274[/snapback]

good split.... spoton.gif

Thanks Calvin.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 7 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #75

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

These guys really make me laugh. Coming in here guns a blazing, thinking with one rebuke that that is going to be the be all end all to the 3abn discussion.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church