Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12025&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:06 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another newbie critical of BSDA, Handling of the 3ABN threads
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

Calvin,

I respect your fair handed handleing of this issue, and want to thank you for your brave stand.

erik
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 8 2007, 04:24 AM) [snapback]168281[/snapback]

These guys really make me laugh. Coming in here guns a blazing, thinking with one rebuke that that is going to be the be all end all to the 3abn discussion.

Well said, and you know how that works from experience. You have seen them on MSDAOL too.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 7 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]168267[/snapback]

Bystander,
I will share with you why I have chosen to follow this topic for about a year now.

The reason is about three years ago my local church( of which i am an Elder) decided to put a AD in our local paper that we would give anyone how asked a free 3abn dish, all they had to do was agree to watch it.

So then i am sure you can understand that when a bout a year later the divorce popped up.

Then I Started hear rumblings that Maybe Linda was not the big cheat that she was made out to be, so i decide for the sake of the dishes we had placed in to non SDA homes. With the totally trust that God would fairly represented to those people, that i had better find out what was going in case i got questions from the people that watched those dishes.

So it is true i have no personal connection to the 3abn saga, but i do have a personal connection to those dishes we has a church placed out in to our town in good faith.

Just thought you might want to see were I am coming from on this. Because i personal dread the day when i find out this 3abn mess is on the 24 hour cable news circuit, and the phone calls i am going to get from so good people when that happens, and i firmly believe that is were this is headed if we as the greater body the SDA church do find out quickly the whole truth and nothing but the truth on this topic.

Erik

Erik
That is a very valid reason to be here! Thank you for sharing. I pray that, whatever the outcome, those who have dishes, both SDA and non-SDA, will have the discernment not to get discouraged if these allegations prove true and are exposed. After all, Judas, stealing from the treasury, filled with pride and betraying the Lord did not mean that those years that the Lord ministered here on Earth were tainted and of no good effect. It did not in any way devalue the Gospel!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

PB,

I pray that when or if i have to answer questions that i can point those people to Jesus Christ and not to the mess at 3abn or anywhere else in this sinful world

The Gospel will go forward, i personal think that God has been long suffering with 3abn because of the good that it is doing, but at some point god will step in.

On the other hand I do not want to not be faithful in stand for truth. That is why i stopped lurking today and decide to answer Bystander.

erik

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #80

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]168182[/snapback]

....I will factor that question into the equation. Who said someone's child was Raped? This Pickle person or Gailon somebody? You have made up your minds with absolutely no evidence of any kind. The very fact that you could make the statement that "somebody's child was raped" and make it as fact says it all about the influence that a few unimportant people have had on this site.

Adults that were molested as children are "stepping forward" and warning of happenings as recent as 2002...then again - you haven't read all threads...pinned or not...

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]168194[/snapback]

You couldn't have spent too much time in prayer your on here too much. And, evidently when you are not you are very busy making phone calls, reading emails, you know, investigative stuff....You have never answered me as to who you are and what are your qualifications to have stepped up out of the masses and put yourself in charge.

That my fellow BSDA members is "judging" as you are telling someone how much time they spend in prayer? Ooooo!!! I wouldn't dare want to be standing near you when judgement hits.... That's way over the edge... *(note the sarcasm)*
QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 7 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]168247[/snapback]

What a storm! Where is the still small voice?

Here it goes......

"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews?"

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 7 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]168290[/snapback]

Here it goes......
"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews?"

keep right on sayin it Princess!!
i'll even join ya... would any of you want Tommy or Danny around any children in your family??

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 7 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]168287[/snapback]

PB,
I pray that when or if i have to answer questions that i can point those people to Jesus Christ and not to the mess at 3abn or anywhere else in this sinful world
The Gospel will go forward, i personal think that God has been long suffering with 3abn because of the good that it is doing, but at some point god will step in.
On the other hand I do not want to not be faithful in stand for truth. That is why i stopped lurking today and decide to answer Bystander.
erik

erik,
i'm so glad you quit lurking and gave bystander your thoughts... in a very nice Christian manner smile.gif
i'm gonna put those people who got dishes on my prayer list, that the Holy Spirit will take care of them thru this mess.

as i've said over on maritime, the worst of this is the fundamentalist charismatic pentecostalism that is being dressed up in SDA clothing and spilled out to the world. we gotta pray about that too, for the Holy Spirit to keep those error seeds from taking root and sprouting.

again, i'm so glad you answered today. welcome smile.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: Jan 8 2007, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 8 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Why o why do we spend so much of our time defending this board against newcomers?
Wouldn't it just be easier to let them rant on their own?

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Jan 8 2007, 01:09 AM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 8 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

When I read Bystander's posts, I see quite a few phrases that I rememeber reading in posted emails by Danny Shelton like, "you people", "swallowed..hook, line, and sinker".

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 8 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "Who said someone's child was Raped? This Pickle person or Gailon somebody? You have made up your minds with absolutely no evidence of any kind. The very fact that you could make the statement that "somebody's child was raped" and make it as fact says it all about the influence that a few unimportant people have had on this site."

Let us talk about rape for a minute, and what that means under the law--rape is a legal term, which indicates a violation of the law.

1) In general terms, rape ocurs when a comptetent adult says "no" and the other person continues the sexual contact. The specifics of this will vary from place to place, and be prescribed by the governing law. Penetration may or may not be required. The age established for consent may vary. There may be differing factors in regard to competency. But, the above is a general statement.

2) Statutory rape simply means that the law has established specific bounds that make an act criminal. In other words, no other conditions justify the act. If the specifics of the law are met, then the criminal act of statutory rape has occured. If a person involved in a sexual act, has not reached the age of consent, and the specifics of the law on statutory rape are met, the act is criminal. A minor child, for example, can not consent to participation in certain sexual acts. Neither can a person who is incompetent, even if over the age of consent. Again, statutory rape is defined by local governming law. That law will differ from place to place. The age of consent may differ. In fact, the age of consent may depend upon the age of the one accused of violating the law. The specifics of the sexual contact may differ. So also may issues of competency.

I am speaking in general terms. I am not referencing anyone who may have been accused of rape. But, I want to make it clear: Children cannot consent to sexual contact. Sexual contact, as defined under any law relating to statutory rape is a crime. Penetration may or may not be required. Orgasm is likely not a requirement. Ejaculation is likely not a requirement.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 8 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(daylily @ Jan 8 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]168319[/snapback]

When I read Bystander's posts, I see quite a few phrases that I rememeber reading in posted emails by Danny Shelton like, "you people", "swallowed..hook, line, and sinker".

And yet we are on dangerous ground when we make guesses.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 7 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]168313[/snapback]

Why o why do we spend so much of our time defending this board against newcomers?
Wouldn't it just be easier to let them rant on their own?

Well, I imagine it is probably because if we don't meet the accusations and new members or visitors come by and see no defense they might get the idea that we agree with the charges or don't have answers for them. Instead of shaking the dust off our feet they might interpret it as us turning tail and running away.

I think it is a good exercise anyway, to a certain degree. What makes us think makes us stronger, IMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 8 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Johann, so true:)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 8 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Bystander was probably Danny or one of Danny's personas...... might need to start calling him Sybil, cause, "multiple personalities has he...."

IPB Image

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 8 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]168362[/snapback]

Bystander was probably Danny or one of Danny's personas...... might need to start calling him Sybil, cause, "multiple personalities has he...."

IPB Image

Right you may be... but say so I won't... for scolded by Calvin I might get...

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 8 2007, 10:12 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 8 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #90

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 8 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]168381[/snapback]

Right you may be... but say so I won't... for scolded by Calvin I might get...

Family,

I am not going to be a sticker on the identify thing. It can be an entertaining exercise to play the guessing game. Want I don’t want are folks badgering someone to identify themselves; we should respect one another’s privacy.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church