Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:04 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
Johann
post Jan 23 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #286

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]171930[/snapback]

Yes, I think there are penalties.

- - -

So, if silence was part of the contract, and that part of the contract is broken at a later date, the other party could ask for a remedy from the court, depending on the breach.

- - -
However, Linda is protected by the First Amendment when it comes to writing books. She can write fiction to no end.

- - -

What if - and this is merely a "what if" question - Liinda should welcome appearing in court to defend her right to speak out, and to have the "gag order" made invalid?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 23 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #287

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Cindy, I am going to say this just one more time. Danny is guilty in my eyes, and many others because at one point in this sordid mess he has lied and exhibited behavior not befitting a christian, including his treatment of his Linda(for me it was the fact that he lied when he came through the dorr at BSDA). Simple as that!

What you fail to realize if that you are called an apologist, because even with letters posted by two of Tommy Shelton's victims, you refuse to believe, or it just doesn't matter to you. You asked for first hand, you got first hand, and you still don't believe it. Nobody is minimizing the actions of Linda, mainly becuase there have been none to speak of. She has been quietly going about her business.

As late as last night a question was brought about Linda's website, and it was answered from the horses mouth(begging you forgiveness Derrell giggle.gif ), but for some reason you and FHB are having a problem with the answer. Now, it seems to me that there is not reason for you to be here asking questions, if you aren't going to accept the answers. There is very little second or third hand information here, but because neither of you even took the time to read, you don't know that.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 23 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]171874[/snapback]

I can only speak for myself. I am not a Danny apologist, I don't know the man, and the first time I ever watched 3ABN was 10 commandments weekend, and since being on this forum, as posters here keep referring to broadcasts.

As far as Tommy goes, if he's guilty that will be proved. For many that has been proved by what has been posted here, for me, the evidence here needs to be verified as factual. So, I am trying to do that for myself, off these boards.

What I find sTrAnGe here is that with so many talking about Danny's guilt, they cannot seem to understand that for honest people who look at the whole situation in a unbiased way, most of what they find Danny at fault for, are the same things they refuse to find Linda at fault for.

"The Linda apologists" all claim they are not trying to defend her yet accuse all who mention her, or question her stance and accountability as being "Danny apologists"

This is surely strange behavior to me.

I constantly have to remind myself, that Linda can not be found gulty based on the characters, methods, tactics and spirit of those siding with her here.

On the otherhand, if I had such defending me, I'd have to speak up for myself and ask them to stop from shame, and embarassment.

Thus my question on several occasions:

Where is Linda's voice in all this?
My opinion also.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jan 23 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #288

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]171930[/snapback]

I think this area of law is called "breach of contract."

Wikipedia:

"Breach of contract is a legal concept in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with the other party's performance."

Writing a non-fiction account would likely be considered "non-performance" since Linda received money with the stipulation she would remain silent. There is likely no expiration on that promise. This silence was part of the "bargained-for-exchange" that Linda agreed to.

So, if silence was part of the contract, and that part of the contract is broken at a later date, the other party could ask for a remedy from the court, depending on the breach.

This violation is no different than if your law firm or medical clinic discloses your legal and medical affairs to the public - without your permission - at a much later date, long after you've paid your legal and medical fees, and moved on.

However, Linda is protected by the First Amendment when it comes to writing books. She can write fiction to no end.

However, I'm not an Illinois lawyer, so my opinion should not be construed with giving legal advice. All of what I have said would have to be verified by someone who is licensed there and can work directly with the person who signed the contract.

Even if Linda did breach the contract by writing a non-fictional book, wouldn't she only be liable to the extent of the compensation she received to stay quiet, ie, $250K? Not that a quarter of a million dollars isn't a lot of money, but wouldn't book royalties cover that cost with a substantial margin left over?

+Quote Post
Spike
post Jan 23 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #289

Member No.: 1,880

So the $64,000.00 question is why would they want to keep her quiet? If DS and 3abn are such an honorable and upstanding organization why the gag order? I mean they have nothing to hide right.

The answers are here if you are truly seeking for them!

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 23 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #290

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 23 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]171880[/snapback]

There are dozens of domains which have me as Admin and Tech Contact from when I used to work for an ISP because I was the one who submitted the request to the domain name registrarand who set their web site up... and once they were set up and I turned them over I have not had any further involvement with the domains, the information presented on those web sites or anything else pertaining to them...even though my name remains in their WHOIS information.

Intersesting...

You weren't listed as the Registrant like Derrell, and billed on all those accounts were you?
Or if you were listed as Registrant {Registered owner]you at least knew to list Billing contact info separately so that you weren't billed, when it was time to register or update the registry?

I'm presuming you weren't for if that was the case, you'd certainly have something to do with all those websites...

This is standard for all personal websites and domains....

Name Server Modification
Who has access to modify a domain name or account?

Only the registrant is authorized to request for login information or modifications to an account/domain.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 23 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]171880[/snapback]

In order to keep people from hijacking domain names, domain name registrars make it painfully inconvenient to change the contact information for a domain... and most companies dont bother to change the info.. even when the person listed may no longer be with the company or may no longer have any involvement with the domain in question.

hmmmm...

It's actually very quick and simple. This is pretty standard too.

The registrar for LindaShelton.org is Wild West domains.

Wild West Domains FAQ

How do I modify my account information?
To modify your account information, log into your account and click on “Account Information” and then on “Update Contact Information.” Make the necessary changes and press submit.

How do I modify my domain registration WhoIS information?

The contact information for an account is the WhoIS information for all the registrations within that account. Updating the account information for your account, will update the domain registration owned by your account.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 23 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #291

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Spike @ Jan 23 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]171962[/snapback]

So the $64,000.00 question is why would they want to keep her quiet? If DS and 3abn are such an honorable and upstanding organization why the gag order? I mean they have nothing to hide right.

The answers are here if you are truly seeking for them!

exactly.... start with that basic question...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 23 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #292

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]171930[/snapback]

The contract specifically says that if she violates the contract by talking negatively in public, the payments will be terminated. That is the only penalty mentioned. There is nothing in it about having to pay back previous payments already made.

I personally feel that there is nothing that really can make the contract binding past Dec. 2006.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Jan 23 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #293

Member No.: 1,880

Someone said Linda might be writing a book. I think maybe she needs to, but it should be a combined effort of all that DS has wronged. I'm sure that list is quite long and would make for a most interesting read.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 23 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #294

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 23 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]171963[/snapback]

Intersesting...

You weren't listed as the Registrant like Derrell, and billed on all those accounts were you?
Or if you were listed as Registrant {Registered owner]you at least knew to list Billing contact info separately so that you weren't billed, when it was time to register or update the registry?

I'm presuming you weren't for if that was the case, you'd certainly have something to do with all those websites...

Name Server Modification

Only the registrant is authorized to request for login information or modifications to an account/domain.
hmmmm...

Wild West Domains FAQ

To modify your account information, log into your account and click on “Account Information” and then on “Update Contact Information.” Make the necessary changes and press submit.

The contact information for an account is the WhoIS information for all the registrations within that account. Updating the account information for your account, will update the domain registration owned by your account.

weapons of mass distraction.... only one problem... this aint sabbath school... we pay attention and we can see right through your attempt...... ever work for the Bush White House cause what you are doing is right out of their play book.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 23 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #295

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Ralph @ Jan 23 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]171821[/snapback]

Maybe this is the same reason that the word alleged is used when discussing the alleged abuse by Tommy Shelton of the alleged victims. Remember, "A disclaimer doesn't mean the information isn't true, it is an effort to insure no legal responsibility for the information to avoid legal situations later on. The fact remains that no matter where you look it up the information is the same."

You have a unique way of allegedly sidetracking the discussion from the important issues.
Allegedly written by Ralph

Well said! clap.gif rofl1.gif

Allegedly Inga lol.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 23 2007, 03:38 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 23 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #296

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 23 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]171965[/snapback]

The contract specifically says that if she violates the contract by talking negatively in public, the payments will be terminated. That is the only penalty mentioned. There is nothing in it about having to pay back previous payments already made.

I personally feel that there is nothing that really can make the contract binding past Dec. 2006.

Your interpretation seems to be exactly what the contract says. The contract says that termination of contract payments is the remedy for non-compliance.

So, Pickle, you feel the contract is written so that the Munchkin Coroner can say it is "most assuredly dead."

That's a good point of view. I like that one. But, I hope somebody checks with an expert, first. smile.gif

I question the wisdom of 3ABN creating a gag order that only lasted 24 months, if that was their intent.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jan 23 2007, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 23 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #297

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 23 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]171963[/snapback]

Intersesting...

Name Server Modification

hmmmm...

Wild West Domains FAQ

That allows you to submit it... it declares your intent to change it... it doesnt, however, change it. To avoid things like lawsuits, the registrar is going to check that 8 ways from sunday before the contact info is actually changed. What you see here gets the process started online... but the bulk of the work is done *offline* and involves things like originals of notarized documents on company letterhead... things one cannot submit online.

Nice try, Cindy...but again... no cigar.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 23 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #298

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 23 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]171816[/snapback]

Inga,

According to the latest domain history entry on whois.com (dated January 22, 2007) it indicates that Derrell is the owner and operator of the domain lindashelton.org. That would be rather current information.

I also own a number of domain names so I am not just talking out the top of my hat. I also did not say that the info at the registrar site is not up to date.

Owning a number of domain names clearly doesn't make you an expert. blink.gif Where did you find an entry that said the info on file was updated January 22, 2007?
This is what the whois server says today (Jan 23, 2007):
Domain Name:LINDASHELTON.ORG
Created On:12-Jun-2004 18:34:26 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Jun-2006 18:58:27 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Jun-2009 18:34:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Wild West Domains, Inc. (R120-LROR)

The information says that the last time *anything* was updated on the domain was Jun 7, 2006. And it is evident that the "updating" consisted of renewing the domain name for 3 years. That could mean that no more "updating' will be done till Jun 2009. Furthermore, if Derrell shared the login information and password, anyone could make the changes. Further beyond that, if Derrell himself made the changes and paid for three years of hosting ($27.00 or so), it would not prove that he was involved with the content of the web site in any manner whatsoever. I personally own domains and host sites with whose content I am in no way involved.

Not that it really matters, because, as I said, the registrar doesn't care a whit whether or not the information is current, as long as they have a current credit card on fiel. And if you don't believe Derrell, you'll not likely believe anyone else. Not that that matters either.

This is all just a red herring to distract from the real issues.

These are the despicable behavior of Dan Shelton towards not only Linda Shelton but towards other ex-employees as well, not to mention breaking of trust in the handling of funds entrusted to him. Further issues include Dan's knowingly employing a man previously fired for sexual misconduct with minors.

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 23 2007, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 23 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #299

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 23 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]171978[/snapback]

This is all just a red herring to distract from the real issues.

These are the despicable behavior of Dan Shelton towards not only Linda Shelton but towards other ex-employees as well, not to mention breaking of trust in the handling of funds entrusted to him. Further issues include Dan's knowingly employing a man previously fired for sexual misconduct with minors.

A red herring?

It looks like the entire Portuguese fleet came to port with a full catch.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 23 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #300

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 23 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]171936[/snapback]

What if - and this is merely a "what if" question - Liinda should welcome appearing in court to defend her right to speak out, and to have the "gag order" made invalid?

H'mm ... maybe someone close to Linda should encourage her to make a public statement as a challenget to 3ABN lawyers? scratchchin.gif

I suspect that Linda will not want to get involved in defending herself, because that is not generally productive. It is far better to leave the defense to supporters.

But perhaps it would be good for her to release a statement that would help in cleaning up some of the mess at 3ABN. She would need counsel to ensure that corroboration for anything she might say is available and forthcoming, etc. .

Very likely 3ABN lawyers would threaten. I suspect it's unlikely that they would actually bring charges. They have usually played the bully, and bullies are known for not following through.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church