Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=300 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:06 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
PeacefulBe
post Jan 23 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #301

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]171980[/snapback]

A red herring?

It looks like the entire Portuguese fleet came to port with a full catch.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 23 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #302

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]171973[/snapback]

Your interpretation seems to be exactly what the contract says. The contract says that termination of contract payments is the remedy for non-compliance.

So, Pickle, you feel the contract is written so that the Munchkin Coroner can say it is "most assuredly dead."

That's a good point of view. I like that one. But, I hope somebody checks with an expert, first. smile.gif

I question the wisdom of 3ABN creating a gag order that only lasted 24 months, if that was their intent.

The information I received near the beginning was that there was an attempt to get her to sign a statement that would have bound her to silence for life.... but that she did not sign that one... so they had to settle for only the limited time agreement.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 23 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #303

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 23 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]171978[/snapback]

This is all just a red herring to distract from the real issues.

red herring you say?

IPB Image

yeah there are a few people here who are good at introducing those...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jan 23 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #304

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 23 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]171874[/snapback]

Thus my question on several occasions:

Where is Linda's voice in all this?

In her larynx, I would hope... giggle.gif

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Jan 23 2007, 04:27 PM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 23 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #305

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 23 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]171980[/snapback]

A red herring?

It looks like the entire Portuguese fleet came to port with a full catch.

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 23 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #306

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 23 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]171985[/snapback]

The information I received near the beginning was that there was an attempt to get her to sign a statement that would have bound her to silence for life.... but that she did not sign that one... so they had to settle for only the limited time agreement.

In the tradition of Paul Harvey:

So now we know... (dramatic pause)....THE REST OF THE STORY

Thank you, Watchbird. The mystery of the 24-month gag order has been solved.

notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 23 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #307

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 23 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]172006[/snapback]

red herring you say?

IPB Image

yeah there are a few people here who are good at introducing those...

spoton.gif Perhaps such posts should have their very own topic - a school of red herrings of a sort! roflmao.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 23 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #308

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 23 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]172048[/snapback]

spoton.gif Perhaps such posts should have their very own topic - a school of red herrings of a sort! roflmao.gif

I'm afraid it would be a very large school, indeed!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 23 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #309

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 23 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]172048[/snapback]

There is no such thing as a "school of red herring". Herring, when alive and swimming in "schools" are silvery and move in perfect unison through the sea. Only when very dead are they called "red herring" and used by nefarious individuals for various purposes of distraction and misleading.

The origin of the phrase may be the practice of saving a hunted fox by dragging a smoked herring across its trail - creating a new, useless scent trail. When smoked, herring turns bright red and is quite odiferous. The latter trait made it possible to deliberately leave a strong trail on the ground to facilitate training hounds to track a scent. Having been so trained, hounds would readily follow the scent of the fish over that of the fox, allowing their quarry to escape. In this context the Oxford English Dictionary records its first written use occurring in 1686 "To draw a red herring across the track".

Other practices which involved the literal red herrings include....

British fugitives in the 1800s would rub a herring across their trail, thereby diverting the bloodhounds that were hot in pursuit.

Other sources attributes the use of the herring to poachers, who used the scent to throw the dogs off the trail of game so they could claim the prize for themselves.

It seems that whether the prey was a fugitive or a fox, this pungent fish did the trick and distracted the dogs.

But this is 2007... the trick doesn't work any more......

'Nuff said........ snack.gif....

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jan 23 2007, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 23 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #310

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 23 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]171978[/snapback]

Owning a number of domain names clearly doesn't make you an expert. blink.gif Where did you find an entry that said the info on file was updated January 22, 2007?
This is what the whois server says today (Jan 23, 2007):
Domain Name:LINDASHELTON.ORG
Created On:12-Jun-2004 18:34:26 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Jun-2006 18:58:27 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Jun-2009 18:34:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Wild West Domains, Inc. (R120-LROR)

With membership access to the domain tools at whois.com you can view domain history and see all activity related to the domain name. Thus the source of my information. It is accurate and real and up-to-date.

The "$27.00" would not have been for the hosting but for securing the domain name for three years. BTW, if having and maintaining a number of domains doesn't make me an expert, the same applies to Mr. J. so his comments would have to be relegated to the dust bin you have so enjoyed relegating mine.

- fhb

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Jan 23 2007, 09:33 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 23 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #311

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 23 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]172092[/snapback]

With membership access to the domain tools at whois.com you can view domain history and see all activity related to the domain name. Thus the source of my information. It is accurate and real and up-to-date.

- fhb

another fisherman I see....

IPB Image

I'll take Red Herring for 100 Alex.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 23 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #312

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 24 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]172093[/snapback]

another fisherman I see....

IPB Image

I'll take Red Herring for 100 Alex.....

offtopic.gif offtopic.gif

Can we have a red herring smiley? Might be very useful.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 23 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #313

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 23 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]172068[/snapback]

There is no such thing as a "school of red herring". Herring, when alive and swimming in "schools" are silvery and move in perfect unison through the sea. Only when very dead are they called "red herring" and used by nefarious individuals for various purposes of distraction and misleading.

Thank you for the history lesson, WB. In this light I will modify my suggestion as follows:

Perhaps such posts should have their very own topic - a collection of lifeless red herrings! giggle.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 24 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #314

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 23 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]171974[/snapback]

That allows you to submit it... it declares your intent to change it... it doesnt, however, change it. To avoid things like lawsuits, the registrar is going to check that 8 ways from sunday before the contact info is actually changed. What you see here gets the process started online... but the bulk of the work is done *offline* and involves things like originals of notarized documents on company letterhead... things one cannot submit online.

Nice try, Cindy...but again... no cigar.

In His service,
Mr. J

Well you know the problem is domain registrars usually state right out in their agreement they will take about five days to have changes updated.

And of course the internet database says this:

WHOIS FAQ
Registrar Questions or Whois Update
To update your whois information, please contact your registrar directly. We are not authorized nor do we have access to update your information.

Updating Information in Whois Record

Solution Information found in the whois record along with the extra information found around it is all updated in different schedules. Whois is updated daily, Information about websites is updated weekly, SSL information is updated monthly, and IP location is updated monthly. Please allow time to update the record on the schedules we have internally, your information should never be months out of date but perhaps a week or two. We have millions of records to...

But I'm quite sure that many more will come claiming "down is up, and up is down, and so dear readers, as you can see 1 plus 1 cannot possibly equal 2"

So I'm jumping off this merry-go-round, now. wave.gif

~ Aletheia

Red herrings??? "I haven't caught a fish all day" he said, without da bate.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 24 2007, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jan 24 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #315

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

OK...I'm not a techie, so can someone tell me in layman's terms why all this discussion about Linda's web site is even important? Does it negate the fact that Tommy Shelton is a child molestor? Does it negate the fact that Danny Shelton's behavior to his wife and 3ABN employees is repugnant? Does it negate the fact that 3ABN is not and should not be held up as the mouthpiece of God on earth? dunno.gif BTW, are herrings like sardines? I love sardine salad.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church