Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=315 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:08 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #316

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jan 24 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]172185[/snapback]

OK...I'm not a techie, so can someone tell me in layman's terms why all this discussion about Linda's web site is even important? Does it negate the fact that Tommy Shelton is a child molestor? Does it negate the fact that Danny Shelton's behavior to his wife and 3ABN employees is repugnant? Does it negate the fact that 3ABN is not and should not be held up as the mouthpiece of God on earth? dunno.gif BTW, are herrings like sardines? I love sardine salad.

you are right.... it has nothing to do with those things you mentioned, just more distraction by minutiae....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 24 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #317

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jan 24 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]172185[/snapback]

OK...I'm not a techie, so can someone tell me in layman's terms why all this discussion about Linda's web site is even important? Does it negate the fact that Tommy Shelton is a child molestor? Does it negate the fact that Danny Shelton's behavior to his wife and 3ABN employees is repugnant? Does it negate the fact that 3ABN is not and should not be held up as the mouthpiece of God on earth? dunno.gif

Sure.... I can tell you.... it distracts.... just like the use of the red herrings dragged through the mud and dirt and duff of the forest floor in hopes of distracting the hounds who were tracking the prey, the hopes are that by distracting us from the real issues you mention above, we will all forget the important things that we have exposed here.

Does it negate those important things? Of course not. But it makes the trail more difficult to follow, thus other newbies coming behind them have a more difficult time of finding their way through the scent of the smoked fish "trails". for more information on the use of "red herring" as a metaphor, see http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-herring.html, or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

BTW, are herrings like sardines? I love sardine salad.

Herrings are a class of fish that range from very small to very large. For information on the actual fish see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herring

For information on the actual fish called "red herring" (which can be any of several fish that is processed in the same way) see [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kipper]

(The short answer is yes or maybe.) wave.gif

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 24 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #318

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 24 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]172199[/snapback]

Sure.... I can tell you.... it distracts.... just like the use of the red herrings dragged through the mud and dirt and duff of the forest floor in hopes of distracting the hounds who were tracking the prey, the hopes are that by distracting us from the real issues you mention above, we will all forget the important things that we have exposed here.

Does it negate those important things? Of course not. But it makes the trail more difficult to follow, thus other newbies coming behind them have a more difficult time of finding their way through the scent of the smoked fish "trails".

i have an idea...

is there a way to split this 3abn area in two??

have just a newbie area (100 posts or less) where copies of the pinned threads are locked and the only threads showing...
they be allowed to start their own threads in there...
either of ranting... or thoughtful questions or opinions... depending on their agenda...

UNTIL...

they pass the "test" of showing their true colors...

AND... if they are nice, then they be allowed into the "real" 3abn threads area...
even if they have less than 100 posts...

the others?? change the 100 posts to a million posts, or something like that... rofl1.gif

this way, their rantings wouldn't be disturbing the continuity of the topics...

dunno.gif

just my nickle worth smile.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 25 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #319

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(roxe @ Jan 25 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]172356[/snapback]

i have an idea...

is there a way to split this 3abn area in two??

have just a newbie area (100 posts or less) where copies of the pinned threads are locked and the only threads showing...
they be allowed to start their own threads in there...
either of ranting... or thoughtful questions or opinions... depending on their agenda...

UNTIL...

AND... if they are nice, then they be allowed into the "real" 3abn threads area...

the others?? change the 100 posts to a million posts, or something like that... rofl1.gif

dunno.gif

Probabably a good idea, Roxe, but here we are dealing with the "save3ABN.com" website. Is this what you are referring to?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 25 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #320

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 25 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]172538[/snapback]

Probabably a good idea, Roxe, but here we are dealing with the "save3ABN.com" website. Is this what you are referring to?

no, i guess i'm off topic... i'm referring to this area in BSDA...

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 26 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #321

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(roxe @ Jan 24 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]172356[/snapback]

i have an idea...
UNTIL...

dunno.gif

That would be a great way to keep anyone of a different opinion off of here. If they didn't pass the Linda test, they wouldn't get to come into the inner sanctim..........

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 26 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #322

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 23 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]171874[/snapback]

I can only speak for myself. I am not a Danny apologist, I don't know the man, and the first time I ever watched 3ABN was 10 commandments weekend, and since being on this forum, as posters here keep referring to broadcasts.

As far as Tommy goes, if he's guilty that will be proved. For many that has been proved by what has been posted here, for me, the evidence here needs to be verified as factual. So, I am trying to do that for myself, off these boards.

What I find sTrAnGe here is that with so many talking about Danny's guilt, they cannot seem to understand that for honest people who look at the whole situation in a unbiased way, most of what they find Danny at fault for, are the same things they refuse to find Linda at fault for.

"The Linda apologists" all claim they are not trying to defend her yet accuse all who mention her, or question her stance and accountability as being "Danny apologists"

This is surely strange behavior to me.

I constantly have to remind myself, that Linda can not be found gulty based on the characters, methods, tactics and spirit of those siding with her here.

On the otherhand, if I had such defending me, I'd have to speak up for myself and ask them to stop from shame, and embarassment.

Thus my question on several occasions:

Where is Linda's voice in all this?
My opinion also.

Her voice is behind most of the posts that go on here. And I heartily agree that emails or letters that have been posted here do not prove that anyone is a child molester. In fact, the letters that have been published on this forum seem to be from men that would be anywhere from 17 to 20 years of age at the time of the alleged incidents. You stated that you are trying to find out guilt or innocence on your own away from this forum. So am I. What I have found so far is that some of the members here will be shocked if and when the agenda's of some of the letter writers are exposed. I wished that I had the authority and the OK to do that, but I do not.
I very much appreciate your levelheadedness and was disturbed by the emails you received from Pickle. Little does he know (I guess) that many people that have been reading his posts feel the same way he said people feel about yours. Actually, even more so because he continually puts words into people's mouths that aren't there to begin with.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 26 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #323

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 26 2007, 02:50 AM) [snapback]172734[/snapback]

Her voice is behind most of the posts that go on here. And I heartily agree that emails or letters that have been posted here do not prove that anyone is a child molester. In fact, the letters that have been published on this forum seem to be from men that would be anywhere from 17 to 20 years of age at the time of the alleged incidents. You stated that you are trying to find out guilt or innocence on your own away from this forum. So am I. What I have found so far is that some of the members here will be shocked if and when the agenda's of some of the letter writers are exposed. I wished that I had the authority and the OK to do that, but I do not.
I very much appreciate your levelheadedness and was disturbed by the emails you received from Pickle. Little does he know (I guess) that many people that have been reading his posts feel the same way he said people feel about yours. Actually, even more so because he continually puts words into people's mouths that aren't there to begin with.

Bystander, another attempt by you to try and discredit the victims of Tommy Shelton through INNUENDO; NO FACTS, just another RED HERRING. Answer this question for me, since you claim to be in the know: Why will Valerie Walker not allow her son to spend the night at her father's (Tommy Shelton) home? Is it because of the situation that existed, in Tommy Shelton family home, when she, her sister and brother were growing up? Do you really want to open that up for discussion, Bystander?

Sister

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #324

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 26 2007, 01:22 AM) [snapback]172732[/snapback]

That would be a great way to keep anyone of a different opinion off of here. If they didn't pass the Linda test, they wouldn't get to come into the inner sanctim..........

you said you were leaving..... hadnt left yet..... obviously we can't trust anything you type.... tiresome you are...

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 26 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #325

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 26 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]172734[/snapback]

Bystander, if you and yours really wish to put the allegations against Tommy to rest it would seem that you would be most willing to post and make public "the agenda's of some of the letter writers". I would suggest you urge the person in authority to give you the go ahead. I, for one, would welcome such proof!!!!!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 29 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #326

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I understand that yesterday someone from a major TV station spent around an hour and a half reading material at Save3ABN.com. Friday someone told me they had contacted a major newspaper.

I hate hearing that. Maybe they won't run with the story.

Prepare to show outrage to whoever asks you questions. Prepare to tell them that Seventh-day Adventists as a people don't tolerate such corruption.

We are human. We have our problems. But we do believe what the Bible says, that the Christian is called to a life of obedience to the 10 Commandments Jesus Himself gave on Mt. Sinai. And as a people, by grace through faith, we endeavor to practice what we preach.

Yet in the Bible we see that sometimes Christians from the very beginning have had their faults, and have taken their eyes off Jesus and have sinned. Consider the 12 disciples: Judas betrayed, Peter denied, Thomas doubted, and James and John thundered.

The message of the Bible is perfect, even when those who proclaimed had not yet arrived.

Now, is there any way we can muzzle some of these folks that post on here? We sure don't need anyone who claims to be a member of our church telling folks that if the minor was consenting, it's all right to lie to cover up the allegations, all in the name of the Lord so that the three angels' messages diluted can continue to be preached.

Try telling a reporter or a cop, "Touch not the Lord's anointed."

And try telling them, "It's all Linda's fault that Glenn Dryden sent that letter in May 2003. If she wasn't so bitter about her divorce in June 2004, she would never have got Dryden to send that letter in 2003."

Enough of such idiotic foolishness! Do you folks that spout such nonsense really think people are that stupid?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Jan 29 2007, 08:52 AM

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jan 29 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #327

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 29 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]173656[/snapback]

Enough of such idiotic foolishness! Do you folks that spout such nonsense really think people are that stupid?

Unfortunately, I think they do... sadwalk.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 29 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #328

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

It's kind of interesting. if you type in 'Tommy Shelton 3abn' into Google, Save3ABN.com comes up #3. If you type in 'Danny Shelton 3abn' into Google, Save3ABN.com comes up #37.

Anyone know why that site, even though it is so new and only the home page is indexed, is coming up so high so soon?

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 29 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #329

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Possibly because a lot of people are reading both here and at MSDAOL and are subsequently going to the Save3ABN site, not to also mention those on GAJ's email list?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 29 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]173656[/snapback]
I understand that yesterday someone from a major TV station spent around an hour and a half reading material at Save3ABN.com. Friday someone told me they had contacted a major newspaper.

I hate hearing that. Maybe they won't run with the story.

Prepare to show outrage to whoever asks you questions. Prepare to tell them that Seventh-day Adventists as a people don't tolerate such corruption.

We are human. We have our problems. But we do believe what the Bible says, that the Christian is called to a life of obedience to the 10 Commandments Jesus Himself gave on Mt. Sinai. And as a people, by grace through faith, we endeavor to practice what we preach.

Yet in the Bible we see that sometimes Christians from the very beginning have had their faults, and have taken their eyes off Jesus and have sinned. Consider the 12 disciples: Judas betrayed, Peter denied, Thomas doubted, and James and John thundered.

The message of the Bible is perfect, even when those who proclaimed had not yet arrived.

Now, is there any way we can muzzle some of these folks that post on here? We sure don't need anyone who claims to be a member of our church telling folks that if the minor was consenting, it's all right to lie to cover up the allegations, all in the name of the Lord so that the three angels' messages diluted can continue to be preached.

Try telling a reporter or a cop, "Touch not the Lord's anointed."

And try telling them, "It's all Linda's fault that Glenn Dryden sent that letter in May 2003. If she wasn't so bitter about her divorce in June 2004, she would never have got Dryden to send that letter in 2003."

The only way to muzzle them is to remove their access like we can do over at MSDAOL but only because this type of forum there, unlike the one here, isn't open to the general viewing public

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 29 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #330

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I keep telling you Daryl, we prefer things be out in the open here....

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church