Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=330 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
Fran
post Jan 29 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #331

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

http://eyeinthesky.net/Free-to-air/HopeCha...CFSA9IgodeAwXLw

This is the 1st hit under 3ABN. Someone needs to correct this information. 3ABN is NOT an SDA Ministry!

I googled Danny Shelton and the 1st hit is LINDA SHELTON. This must really make some people upset.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 29 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #332

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 29 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]173715[/snapback]

This is the 1st hit under 3ABN. Someone needs to correct this information. 3ABN is NOT an SDA Ministry!

I googled Danny Shelton and the 1st hit is LINDA SHELTON. This must really make some people upset.

Fran, I clicked on your URL link, and this is what I read:

"3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. "

Re: "I googled Danny Shelton and the 1st hit is LINDA SHELTON. This must really make some people upset."

Fran you are 300 per-cent correct on that one.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jan 29 2007, 12:05 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 29 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #333

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 29 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]173719[/snapback]

Fran, I clicked on your URL link, and this is what I read:

"3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. "
Re: "I googled Danny Shelton and the 1st hit is LINDA SHELTON. This must really make some people upset."

Fran you are 300 per-cent correct on that one.

You read that comment in the fine print. Re-Read the title, in bold print, in a large font, at the top of the page.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 29 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #334

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 29 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]173685[/snapback]

The only way to muzzle them is to remove their access like we can do over at MSDAOL but only because this type of forum there, unlike the one here, isn't open to the general viewing public

I find that extremely derogatory considering noone here needs a "muzzle."

I believe that things being kept in the dark is one of the reasons 3ABN, Tommy, Dan, etc. is all in this mess together.

Thank you, BSDA, for keeping the line of communication open, apparently unlike other sites!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 29 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #335

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

At the URL provided in Fran's post, the first paragraph for 3ABN reads as follows:

Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) is the "Mending Broken People Network," a 24-hour Christian television and radio network. 3ABN’s focus is to present programming which will reach people right where they are hurting. 3ABN offers divorce recovery programs, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, cooking and health programs, stop smoking and weight loss, programs that deal with children and family issues, organic gardening, natural home remedies, gospel music programs, as well as a variety of inspirational themes from the Bible for children and adults.

Based on Danny and Linda's divorce, and other family issues, I find it strange that these would be the issues they use to advertise 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 29 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #336

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 29 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]173826[/snapback]

At the URL provided in Fran's post, the first paragraph for 3ABN reads as follows:
Based on Danny and Linda's divorce, and other family issues, I find it strange that these would be the issues they use to advertise 3ABN.

I was referring to the TITLE of the page.

Read the TITLE. It leads you to believe 3ANB is an Adventist Station. Yet, in the fine print is says it is not. Sort of like false advertising.

But, entering Danny Shelton on Goggle still brings up LINDA SHELTON. Wonder if he can pay Google to change that?

Linda has top billing for a change. I like that, don't you Bystander?

This post has been edited by Fran: Jan 29 2007, 08:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 29 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #337

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 29 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]173854[/snapback]

I was referring to the TITLE of the page.

Read the TITLE. It leads you to believe 3ANB is an Adventist Station. Yet, in the fine print is says it is not. Sort of like false advertising.

But, entering Danny Shelton on Goggle still brings up LINDA SHELTON. Wonder if he can pay Google to change that?

This URL was working as of 10:00pm
http://eyeinthesky.net/Free-to-air/HopeChannel.html

The Title says, "Seventh-day Adventist Church Television Ministry"

This post has been edited by lookin4truth: Jan 29 2007, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 29 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #338

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 29 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]173855[/snapback]

This URL was working as of 10:00pm
http://eyeinthesky.net/Free-to-air/HopeChannel.html

The Title says, "Seventh-day Adventist Church Television Ministry"

Fran, I saw what you are talking about
it said
3abn....
Seventh Day Adventist Televisoni Ministry. etc
the link worked, then didn't....maybe we are all crashing it at the same time every time we talk about it... dunno.gif dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 29 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #339

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 29 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]173854[/snapback]

I tried it and you are right. I hardly could believe my eyes.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 29 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #340

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 29 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]173685[/snapback]

The only way to muzzle them is to remove their access like we can do over at MSDAOL but only because this type of forum there, unlike the one here, isn't open to the general viewing public

We can muzzle them here too. But I choose not to unless they get too obnoxious where I can stand them. But then Daryl you knew that. As for the public viewing, that train left the station long time ago. It has been public for a long time and will continue to get more public while you discuss it behind closed doors, but come here to discuss it in the open.. Go figure. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jan 29 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #341

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Thought this was pretty interesting reading. It states that Linda is cofounder of 3ABN & has some other interesting tidbits IMO. http://en.allexperts.com/e/0/3abn.htm

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 29 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #342

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jan 29 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]173876[/snapback]

Thought this was pretty interesting reading. It states that Linda is cofounder of 3ABN & has some other interesting tidbits IMO. http://en.allexperts.com/e/0/3abn.htm

VERY interesting!!!!

parts I thought note worthy...

The president of the network throughout its existence has been Danny Shelton, 54, who hosts the network's flagship program, 3ABN Today. Shelton co-founded the ministry with his wife at the time, Linda Shelton. Danny and Linda Shelton were divorced in June 2004. The divorce has led to an ongoing controversy regarding grounds, and his subsequent marriage to a woman over 20 years younger than him has raised a debate on public forums such as www.blacksda.com as to the reason for his divorce. scratchchin.gif

Danny Shelton married Brandy Lynn Elswick, 33, on March 8, 2006 on the set of 3ABN Presents in a non-broadcast ceremony.

3ABN was banned from carriage by cable and DBS (Direct Broadcast Systems) by the government of India in May, 2006. The Indian Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act of 1995 specifically forbids carriage of networks that disparage groups, or religions. 3ABN as a network, and Danny Shelton in several of his books, have strongly attacked the Catholic Church saying that the Pope is the anti-Christ of biblical apocalypse, and that Catholics and those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday are taking the biblical "mark of the beast."

3ABN has also recently been removed from carriage on the Dominion Sky Angel DBS system which is available on the Dishnetwork platform. They have now launched a write-in campaign encouraging viewers and Seventh-day Adventists to write Dishnetwork requesting that 3ABN be placed on Dishnetwork's lineup.

Also, where have all the flies gone???? uhm.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jan 29 2007, 11:11 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Lee
post Jan 29 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #343

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

They're still here.... spoton.gif

This post has been edited by Lee: Jan 29 2007, 11:29 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 29 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #344

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 29 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]173874[/snapback]

We can muzzle them here too. But I choose not to unless they get too obnoxious where I can stand them. But then Daryl you knew that. As for the public viewing, that train left the station long time ago. It has been public for a long time and will continue to get more public while you discuss it behind closed doors, but come here to discuss it in the open.. Go figure. dunno.gif

Thank you again, Calvin, for allowing all members to post their opinions. If you were to muzzle anyone just because they are tiresome and annoying all of us would be in danger of being banned from time to time! And besides, ludicrous and false statements only make the truth shine that much brighter. (I believe that this is a sentiment that 100% of BSDA members can agree with, BTW.)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 29 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #345

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Have you checked out save3abn lately? Some new things have been put up today. Let's keep an eye on what comments are made on 3abn. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about "lies" and "persecution"

I am so proud of the men who have come forward and signed their names. I can only imagine how hard that was to do. My hat's off to you.

You guys must have had some wonderful parents. I am saddened that support didn't come from the executive at 3ABN.

This post has been edited by Ralph: Jan 29 2007, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church