Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:20 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 18 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 18 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]171051[/snapback]

So, I tuned in in time to hear Danny with a cute slip of the tongue! Anyone else hear him say this? Speaking of 3ABN taking the message to the world, he said 3ABN will spread the message "that will counterfeit into all the world." Oops! He left out some key words in that one from his normal routine!

No...he just spoke the truth this time...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 18 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]171052[/snapback]

No...he just spoke the truth this time...

Are you watching this HOTY?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Jan 18 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

...And he just talked about his former wife's accident in which Melody and her mother were in the car, and someone ran a stop sign and killed "them." Who is "them"? Melody didn't die...did more than one perish in that accident? Who else was in the car? Or did he just say "them" instead of "her"?

(This was while he was defending himself against the allegations that he murdered his wife. I do not see what he hopes to gain by broadcasting the fact that such allegations against him exist--on international "Christian" television. Some things would be best left unsaid.)

This post has been edited by Green Cochoa: Jan 18 2007, 10:01 PM

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 18 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

No, I'm not watching it...I'll have to catch it later...

Any highlights for me?

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 18 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]171057[/snapback]

No, I'm not watching it...I'll have to catch it later...

Any highlights for me?

Well, sufice it to say, they are running scared from exposure, and of course, blaming the devil and all those pastors and christians attacking them. For a man who says "i never felt more happy and at peace in my entire life then now" and has to worry about what silly o people are saying...um, I would say he does see the writing on the wall, and it's about to be in a courtroom wall. I hope he listened to his own (and Mollie too) accountability to truth sermon.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 18 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #21

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 18 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]171040[/snapback]

great letter pastor smith. Just hope all of you on this site tune in to the 3ABN live program that is going on right now. It answers a lot of your questions. 1 hour has already passed but there is another hour left.

blink.gif I had to pass sowwy... StarWars "Return of Sith" was on and one must have ones priorities ya know spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 18 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 18 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]171054[/snapback]

...And he just talked about his former wife's accident in which Melody and her mother were in the car, and someone ran a stop sign and killed "them." Who is "them"? Melody didn't die...did more than one perish in that accident? Who else was in the car? Or did he just say "them" instead of "her"?

(This was while he was defending himself against the allegations that he murdered his wife. I do not see what he hopes to gain by broadcasting the fact that such allegations against him exist--on international "Christian" television. Some things would be best left unsaid.)

Did he actually say that some were alleging that he murdered his wife?? If, so ... wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Wonder if his other "former wife" will get a bit of mention in the story? Or maybe he hopes that everyone's already forgotten her. I mean he should also mention that there are allegations that he he murdered her in a different way -- through slander, that is.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 18 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]171062[/snapback]

For a man who says "i never felt more happy and at peace in my entire life then now"

Did he say that tonight, or are you picking that up from a previous statement?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 18 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]171064[/snapback]

Did he actually say that some were alleging that he murdered his wife?? If, so ... wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Wonder if his other "former wife" will get a bit of mention in the story? Or maybe he hopes that everyone's already forgotten her. I mean he should also mention that there are allegations that he he murdered her in a different way -- through slander, that is.

He won't mention his last wife, only in terms of "boy Tommy, you have increased production more then ever in the past 2.5 years" and things of this nature...you know, subtle slams and such. Even TOmmy said "well, I wasn't the only one, it was really the team"....and Inga, you know slander is ok if it comes from Danny, but not anyone else, especially if they are telling the truth. I've never seen a better example of hypocrites on a stage in all my life. It truly makes me Ill. Danny even said something about "I've tried to talk to these people", which we know that means he comes here to BSDA and converses...obviously he knows he can't win here, like he does to people on a one-on-one basis - this group is too much for him. They spent the whole time defending something they said there was no need to defend. What's that tell ya???

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 18 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]171064[/snapback]

Did he say that tonight, or are you picking that up from a previous statement?

He just said it tonight. With in the last 30 minutes (about never being more happier or at peace in all his life then now)

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jan 18 2007, 10:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Jan 18 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

Inga, that's what I heard him say. I guess my ears might have had an "auditory malfunction", so perhaps someone else can second the "opinion." On the other hand, doesn't this program re-air shortly? It used to air again two hours later... I haven't watched many lately, so perhaps the schedule has changed.

Seems that this program would be worth a double-take. (Pun intended....)

This post has been edited by Green Cochoa: Jan 18 2007, 10:17 PM

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Jan 18 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

I have not posted here for a while but I just had to at this time because I see the same tactic used over and over in the Church by leaders and that is when you cannot attack the message attack the messenger. For years our church has run destroyed individuals who before now did not have a voice. And in many of the cases they always use the spirit of prophecy or selected quotes from the bible to attack the individual whom carries the message they no longer want to hear and cant stop or silence through a clear answer. It saddens me that individuals cant are so blinded by their self righteousness that they cant see what is before them. The man dumped his wife for no good cause and picked up a new and younger model, and this man is suppose to represent the spear head in the Adventist Church. This is Jimmy Swargart all over again except we use the bible and the spirit of prophecy to bash those on the head who will not except (them standing under the stars pointing at the three angels and the lords comming lovey dubby two some)> lie given. And where is this indignation when wrongs are done to young children and women are abused. Pastor you sicken me with your mess, it is time for you to evaluate yourself for it is you and the like who the lord will hold accountable. Where is your outrage at those who trade mark the adventist name and call its members customers? Or how about the many other things done in the church in the name of God which are a total lie? Spare me the tears, you should be crying for the abused and suffering people who were molested___ And Tommy aint that impotant that all of them would be lying on him, do we really have to remain that stupid and blind. Could it be you are angry because you cant control what is being said or the people saying it? For to long the ministers have thought themselves God instead of representing them. Pastor no longer gives you the right to know it all.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 18 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]171069[/snapback]

Inga, that's what I heard him say. I guess my ears might have had an "auditory malfunction", so perhaps someone else can second the "opinion." On the other hand, doesn't this program re-air shortly? It used to air again two hours later... I haven't watched many lately, so perhaps the schedule has changed.

It will re-air and it could also have bits and pieces missing from the original - either intentionally (like danny saying some things that he shouldn't have) or for other reasons. The schedule on their website shows re-air times. I do believe again tonight and I think on Sunday night as well. Just check their site. Re-airs 11pm to 1am pacific time again tonight. That's in 2.5 hours.

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 18 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]171069[/snapback]

Seems that this program would be worth a double-take. (Pun intended....)

I won't watch again - once was more then enough for me and my trash can is full.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jan 18 2007, 10:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Pastor Joe and eye witness,

I have some questions I would really appreciate your answers to:

IF the allegations against Tommy are true and he did, indeed abuse his position as shepherd of the flock to manipulate boys, teenage and younger, to do things to satisfy his deviant sexual desires would you dismiss it and let the behavior stay secretly cradled in darkness because of the counsel of Philippians 4:8? Would you feel no remorse with each additional victimization since you didn’t do your part to bring this to light and warn parents to protect their children?

I wonder how many of Tommy’s alleged victims are glad that no one sounded a warning to keep them from falling prey? I wonder how many of Tommy’s alleged victims brush aside the painful memories, the betrayal they feel and peacefully “THINK ON THESE THINGS” suggested in Philippians 4:8? I wonder how many have had their spirits crushed and have turned their backs on the only Source of Salvation because of their alleged victimization? Do you suppose that God will look at these wounded lives and apply Matthew 18: 6? But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

IF the allegations against Tommy are true and, out of their love for him, his family circled the wagons to protect him from the legal consequences of his actions, minimized, denied and even lied about the allegations and even went so far as to attempt to intimidate these hurting alleged victims by phone calls and threats of legal actions would you say that this family is bringing the glory of God to their community?
1Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

1 Corinthians 5
1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

IF the allegations against Tommy are true and the lies, threats and intimidation have actually happened, what message are you sending to the communities around 3abn? Certainly not the undiluted Gospel!

You speak of counsel from God’s messenger, Ellen White. I believe her inspired words are quite clear on how we are to interact with our brethren:

"Never question the motives of your brethren; for as you judge them, God has declared you will be judged. Open your hearts to kindliness, to the cheering rays of the Sun of Righteousness. Encourage kindly thoughts and holy affections. Cultivate the habit of speaking well of your brethren. Let not pride or selfish righteousness prevent you from making a frank and full confession of your wrong-doings. If you do not love those for whom Christ has died, you have no genuine love for Christ, and your worship will be as a tainted offering before God. If you cherish unworthy thoughts, misjudging your brethren and surmising evil of them, God will not hear your self-sufficient, self-exalted prayers. When you go to those who you think are doing wrong, you must have the spirit of meekness, of kindness, and be full of mercy and good fruits. Do not show partiality to one or more, and neglect other of your brethren because they are not congenial to you. Beware lest you deal harshly with those who you think have made mistakes, while others, more guilty and more deserving of reproof, who should be severely rebuked for their unChristlike conduct, are sustained and treated as friends."--RH Mar. 12, 1895.

"I saw that many souls have been destroyed by their brethren unwisely sympathizing with them, when their only hope was to be left to see and realize the full extent of their wrongs. But as they eagerly accept the sympathy of unwise brethren, they receive the idea that they are abused; and if they attempt to retrace their steps, they make halfhearted work. They divide the matter to suit their natural feelings, lay blame upon the reprover, and so patch up the matter. It is not probed to the bottom, and is not healed, and they again fall into the same wrong, because they were not left to feel the extent of their wrong, and humble themselves before God, and let Him build them up. False sympathizers have worked in direct opposition to the mind of Christ and ministering angels." Testimonies 1 page 213

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 19 2007, 01:19 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 19 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

[quote name='Joe Smith' date='Jan 19 2007, 06:27 AM' post='170977']
Are we any better than the rest of the world? Does our conduct as Adventist say "yes, we are a Peculiar People!?" Does our conduct say....."We're different than the other denominations.... different than the world.... because WE HAVE LOVE?" Love for our brothers and sisters?
I ask you Calvin.... is this what is being posted on your website BSDA? You have a VERY SERIOUS obligation to follow the council found in Philippians 4:8... it reads,

"Finally brethren...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are noble, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy ... think on theses things."
[quote]

So true, but at the same time, we are not to allow evil to flourish and people not held to be accountable. Pity that you didn't expect the same kind of consideration for all those who have been abused over the years, while evil was covered over and allowed to flourish. Do you LOVE sufficiently to call sin by it's right name and do whateverr you can in your power, to ensure that moletation does not occur in your church?

[quote name='Joe Smith' date='Jan 19 2007, 06:27 AM' post='170977']
I ask you brother Calvin.....Is this what is being posted about 3ABN and those associated with it? I don't think so. I know that is true, I am ashamed to say, I have been a part of it.

Calvin, I speak to you because you are the "Boss". With being the "Boss" comes Great Accountability with God. I know, I am in that same position of great accountability. I am a pastor. And with that calling, comes great responsibility also. That is why I am compelled to write this letter to you.[/quote]

Spare us the 'guilt trip'. We're not taken in by that. Pass me the bowl please. I feel quite ill. sleazy.gif

[quote name='Joe Smith' date='Jan 19 2007, 06:27 AM' post='170977']There is soon coming a "Judgment Day" for you and me. I want to be faithful. I pray you want to be faithful also. I want to hear on that great day... "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter in to the joy of the Lord." [/quote]

Pastor, if you really are a pastor (spare us all), what do you do to keep the children and young people SAFE in your church? Ignore the sin and hope it goes away, by the sound of your posts.
[color=#000099]

This post has been edited by Ozzie: Jan 19 2007, 03:59 AM

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 19 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 19 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]171080[/snapback]

Pastor Joe and eye witness,

I have some questions I would really appreciate your answers to:

----

Joe,

I appeal to you that you show that you are an honest man by giving answers to these questions as well as to the question I have asked you elsewhere.

Johann

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 19 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I believe that Danny is correct in blaming the devil. I think Satan found Danny's weakness and exploited it to try and destroy 3ABN. His favorite means of attack is to find a weakness in our human nature and use it to bring us down. I believe that Danny has come down from the wall of spreading the gospel to defend himself. He needs to realize how and where the real source of the attack is coming from. I appreciate that quote from EGW on probing to the bottom of a problem so it can be healed. Having the Holy Spirit speak through one does not immunize a person from falling. David was a prophet but Satan found his weakness. But of course David admitted he had done wrong and repented. The difference between King Saul and David is the way they responded to the guilt that they had. They both confessed. Saul confessed often but there was no repentance.

I also think if Danny was innocent he would not feel the need to continue to defend himself. It's like he has to keep repeating everything to convince everybody and maybe even himself. So he is more at peace now than ever in his life? I do pray that that's not a sign that the Holy Spirit is leaving him:( He needs our prayers.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church