Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:26 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
Snoopy
post Jan 19 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 19 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]171259[/snapback]

You are welcome to your opinion, Lee. While this hymn is a classic I wouldn't go so far as to call it "sacred". It tells of the battle between good and evil and inspires us to action for Christ. It is a great song.

My adaptation also tells of a battle between good and evil and ends with hope. Yes, there is irony there but it is the story of the 3abn saga as I see it and how I hope it is brought to resolution. And I am also allowed to have my own opinion.

As far as what heaven is writing on the pages of my life book, I hope that it will be that I care deeply for all involved in this saga, including the alleged victims of abuse, and have a burden for the salvation of all.

I actually found your lyrics to be quite clever under the circumstances...

Just my $0.02
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Chez @ Jan 19 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]171258[/snapback]

Talk to me, Nuggie! I agree with you!! Let the Redeemed of the Lord SAY SO!! Where were and are these people when black people were thrown out of predominantly white churches because they just wanted to worship on the Sabbath? Where were these people when Black people just wanted to work for the church in fulltime employment and were denied/passed over because of biology? Where were these people? Where is their outrage??? Where were these people when boys and girls were being molested in the name of "I was molested and I have a problem, therefore I have the right to molest children"? Where is the outrage? Where is the outrage against 'BULLYING" in the name of Jesus just because someone disagrees with the leadership of 3ABN? You can quote the Bible to suit your own purposes; it still doesn't excuse passivity to wrongdoing(s). You can quote Ellen Gould Harmon White until you are blue in the face. Ellen doesn't give us marching orders, at least she doesn't give me any. GOD GIVES US OUR MARCHING ORDERS!! Where were these people when Danny got a quicky divorce from his wife?? Where was the outrage? furious.gif TALK TO ME PEOPLE!!!!

AMEN, SISTER! AND PRAISE THE LORD!

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 19 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]171261[/snapback]

Just my $0.02

Why thank you Snoopy. I appreciate your $0.02. wave.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 19 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 19 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]171261[/snapback]

Just my $0.02

Do I hear 4 cents?

I have 4 cents from Pete.

Do I hear six?

roflmao.gif

(I enjoyed the change in the lyrics PB. Very artistic and creative. Pete.)

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 19 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]171243[/snapback]

The song "Onward Christian Soldiers" is a sacred hymn. Please do not desecrate it. Think of what heaven is writing on the pages of your life book. Please don't do this. It brings reproach on the name of Christ.

As I remember, it is the innocence of a child that is sacred. And yet here we are...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 19 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]171263[/snapback]

Do I hear 4 cents?

I have 4 cents from Pete.

Do I hear six?

roflmao.gif

(I enjoyed the change in the lyrics PB. Very artistic and creative. Pete.)

Well thank you, too Pete. And thanks for the 4 and possibly 6 cents! giggle.gif
I suppose it is too much to hope that the Sheltons will be recording it anytime soon...

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]171264[/snapback]

As I remember, it is the innocence of a child that is sacred. And yet here we are...

Yep. That's why I'm here for sure!

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 19 2007, 09:03 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You mean you don't know who Beartrap is? So you really did just jump in without reading anything! Oh yeah I agree with Clay. Just keep posting Joe. We don't need to know who you are, we already know what you are about.

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Jan 19 2007, 08:02 AM) [snapback]171134[/snapback]

I will be happy to state my name.... when I see the others shooting from the grassy knoll... state theirs . Sister, beartrap, sonshineonme, and a slew of others....

Joe

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 19 2007, 11:28 PM) [snapback]171285[/snapback]

You mean you don't know who Beartrap is? So you really did just jump in without reading anything! Oh yeah I agree with Clay. Just keep posting Joe. We don't need to know who you are, we already know what you are about.

Why waste the time actually finding the facts. doh.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

ok?!!! bangin.gif wallbash.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]171289[/snapback]

Why waste the time actually finding the facts. doh.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 19 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 19 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]171243[/snapback]

The song "Onward Christian Soldiers" is a sacred hymn. Please do not desecrate it. Think of what heaven is writing on the pages of your life book. Please don't do this. It brings reproach on the name of Christ.

PB's parody of "Onward Christian Soldiers" was very well done, and it exemplifies what is currently going on at 3ABN. Reproach is brought on the name of Christ by the actions of certain individuals managing 3ABN. And you appear to want to ignore and/or justify their actions.

PB is just telling it as it is.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 19 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]171296[/snapback]

PB's parody of "Onward Christian Soldiers" was very well done, and it exemplifies what is currently going on at 3ABN. Reproach is brought on the name of Christ by the actions of certain individuals managing 3ABN. And you appear to want to ignore and/or justify their actions.

PB is just telling it as it is.

And on that note I would like to re-post Aunt B's awesome words from the other day:

Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 20 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #56

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 19 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]171214[/snapback]

Whew that took a lot of time to put together. You must do a lot of dwelling on the subject! As it is said, what you behold you become.
It may be helpful for you to consider getting a job with all this time on your hands. Maybe one that would encourage others to follow Jesus.

Bless ya heart! Some of us here are very "artistic"...and it's not about employment. Many are at work....WORKING - while they post here.
Remove the beam...then go hunting for toothpicks.....

BTW: Welcome to the Board! May you read of "everything" before posting on "somethings"!!!
wave.gif
QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 19 2007, 10:10 PM) [snapback]171243[/snapback]

Do you know the origins of most hymns? Petey broke it down right below this post....
QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 19 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]171257[/snapback]

Poppycock.

Sullivan wrote "St. Gertrude" after his best friend's wife. That's the tune that goes with these lyrics.

"Onward, Christian Soldiers" is a 19th century English hymn. The words were written by Sabine Baring-Gould and the music by Arthur Sullivan in 1871. Sullivan named the tune "St. Gertrude," after the wife of his friend Ernest Clay Ker Seymer. "

Other songs originated as old Irish drinking songs.

I will worship these tunes the same way I will kiss the pope's big toe.

Thare ya go....
QUOTE( @ Jan 19 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]171264[/snapback]

...and folks are forgetting that part too....
sadwalk.gif
QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 20 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]171285[/snapback]

ITA! yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 20 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

offtopic.gif sorry. Speaking of the mixing of songs, Try singing Amazing Grace to the tune of The House of the Rising Sun. Very beautiful and sacred sounding.

Richard

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 20 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 20 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]171364[/snapback]

offtopic.gif sorry. Speaking of the mixing of songs, Try singing Amazing Grace to the tune of The House of the Rising Sun. Very beautiful and sacred sounding.

Richard

Used to sing that with the kids in Sabbath School! We were in SC at the time I first heard it.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 20 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 20 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]171364[/snapback]

Richard

Have you ever heard "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" to the tune of "Some Say Love" by Bette Midler? It's actually very beautiful.

Sorry. I'm also off topic.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 20 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Let's not get so hung up in questions of whether or not it is appropriate to put different words to a familiar song that we don't read PB's words carefully... maybe even "singing" them to the tune and cadence of the song she utilized.

For in the first four stanzas, she has encapsulated or alluded to each class of evil that currently lurks in the hearts of the leaders of the "House of Shelton".... especially the "royal president" who compels all, high or low, to do homage no matter how egregious his sins.... stanza one.

In stanza two, she aptly brings the old description of false leaders (wolves in sheeps clothing) up to date and connects it to the stage on which they parade their supposed values with her descriptive words "fleecy costumes".

Stanza three touches the financial scams and the hiding of "family" type sins that even involve the innocent "lambs" in their exploitation for personal indulgences.... and all done in the guise of being God's "anointed" one!

Stanza four exposes the fascination with and utilization of demonic activity that we have heard about.

And finally, verse five breaks with all of this and is a beautiful "altar call". But will any hear? Or will they return to the refrain and shoulder to shoulder march in Danny's "army"... inspired as they are by his claimed "commission" from God himself.

Think about it... and maybe you will even find a use for it as you try to share with others the truth behind the facade of their living room TVs which are being used as altars of worship before this pretended "anointed one".

Here it is again.... read carefully.... prayerfully.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 19 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]171158[/snapback]

The following is dedicated to the "teams" who enter here with their ranting agendas but don't read all that is written here. We, the truth seekers, pray you have ears to hear.

(My apologies to Sabine Baring-Gould and Arthur S. Sullivan)
Onward Shelton Soldiers

Onward Shelton soldiers, marching as to war
With the deeds of Danny going on before.
Dan the royal president leads against the "foe"
Any truth that threatens him, must be forced to go!

Onward Shelton soldiers, marching as to war,
With the deeds of Danny going on before

Shelton clan has mustered, fearing truth be heard
Donning fleecy costumes, invoking God's own Word.
Lying and diversions seem their only tools
Can't they see it just won't work for we're not pigs or fools!

With the deeds of Danny going on before

Is he "the anointed"? That's what some folk say
As he works the donors so that all will pay.
Family sin? No problem. Sacrifice the lambs
They don't matter anyway. So, what's that in your hand?

Onward Shelton soldiers, marching as to war,

There's a trusted demon, at 3 A B N
By a basket falling urged a purge of sin.
Late one night a sister answered demon's shout
And in just a little while anointed's wife was out!

Have you eyes to see the truth have you ears to hear?
Or is your denial born of pride and fear?
Put away the lies and sin, honor God for real!
Walk into the light of Truth so Jesus Christ can heal!

With the deeds of Danny going on before...

The World!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church