Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]172902[/snapback]

If Linda had been put away quietly, and just disappeared...

then would we be hearing how he murdered her?

If Linda had been put away quietly, and Danny suddenly appeared with a new woman 2 years later...

Then would we be hearing he was a bigomist, or a fornicator?

It seems to me Mary and Joseph were not televangelists on a station and show broadcast and known through out the world, and so there had to be some explaination.

Common sense? for some...

Will Smith.... not an adventist, would be considered by some in this church as "unsaved" has been married twice... Yes twice... this is his second marriage.... You have NEVER heard him say anything mean-spirited about his 1st wife...Likewise you have never heard of his 1st wife being mistreated or short changed by him.... When they divorced (and yes they have a child together), he was not dragged into court and forced to pay, NO, he fairly compensated his 1st wife and everything has been fine... It is even said that his ex-wife and current wife are friends....

Now if he (Will Smith) not being in the church can do that for his ex wife, why couldn't Danny, self appointed, self-annointed, prophet and the face of adventism do the right thing? The danny apologists that drop in here defending his mess makes me sick... it is sickening.... makes me wonder what kind of christian can ignore compassion, justice, and mercy.... I pray I am not a member of any of the churches that these danny apologists attend....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 26 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]172903[/snapback]

you are being obtuse.... intentionally I would gather.....

If Danny had gotten a divorce quietly, NOT trashed Linda's name at every opportunity, and compensated her fairly without having her sign a gag order... then this would have been a non-issue for me.....

You keep repeating that Linda wasn't compensated fairly junk, with zip for evidence...

Well if Pickle, Joy and Matthews had your concerns only then I guess your concerns would have already been addressed and put to rest. No fear. I'm thinking they soon will be....

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]172914[/snapback]

You keep repeating that Linda wasn't compensated fairly junk, with zip for evidence...

Well if Pickle, Joy and Matthews had your concerns only then I guess your concerns would have already been addressed and put to rest. No fear. I'm thinking they soon will be....

I keep thinking you are a reasonable adult with zip for evidence...your point? distraction by minutiae.... tiresome you are...

--------------------

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 26 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]172916[/snapback]

I keep thinking you are a reasonable adult with zip for evidence...your point? distraction by minutiae.... tiresome you are...

You're crackin me up, Clay... lol.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 26 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Now, if there is something everybody agrees on is that Linda di dsign an agreement/gag order to not talk about anything concerning 3ABN and they would pay her appox. $250,000.00. The only disagreement is with those who believe that was a fair settlement for the co founder of a business worth several millions. That agreemnt is posted here at least twice. Now what kind of eivdence are you looking for? Did I not try to help you by telling you not to post until you read more information?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]172914[/snapback]

Ok, so you just went all the way there........ rofl1.gif
QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]172916[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 26 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM) *

If Linda had been put away quietly, and Danny suddenly appeared with a new woman 2 years later...

It seems to me Mary and Joseph were not televangelists on a station and show broadcast and known through out the world, and so there had to be some explaination.

Aletheia,

Let me get this straight because linda is "dirty whore" danny has the right to do and say what ever he wants?

I would like the biblical texts that back that up?????????

Aletheia, Linda could be the worst sinner that still does not give danny the right to act like jerk, period.

erik

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Jan 26 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 26 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]172921[/snapback]

Now, if there is something everybody agrees on is that Linda di dsign an agreement/gag order to not talk about anything concerning 3ABN and they would pay her appox. $250,000.00. The only disagreement is with those who believe that was a fair settlement for the co founder of a business worth several millions. That agreemnt is posted here at least twice. Now what kind of eivdence are you looking for? Did I not try to help you by telling you not to post until you read more information?
Ok, so you just went all the way there........ rofl1.gif

How about 14 million just in contributions according to the 2005 990 filed with the IRS, this doesn't include other assets and monies held. 250k pales in comparison so don't keep coming talking about FAIR compensaton.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 26 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok? I know that's right!!! There ya go!
QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Jan 26 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]172941[/snapback]

How about 14 million just in contributions according to the 2005 990 filed with the IRS, this doesn't include other assets and monies held. 250k pales in comparison so don't keep coming talking about FAIR compensaton.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 26 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 26 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]172943[/snapback]

Ok? I know that's right!!! There ya go!

I like this new guy, Di. He's got spunk too!

clap.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 26 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

"Some explaination" did not have to be a lie. He made it up. There is no such thing as spiritual adultery committed between husband and wife. That is common sense for most? When Danny first came here is reaosning was that Linda spent more than 15 minutes on the phone with a men who was not her husband. Only when folks started questioning that "spritual adultery" junk, then he had some evidence that is was actual adultery. Meaning if folks would have just bought the spiritual adultery(and for some strange reason he thought everybody would), then he would have no need to prove anything. With Linda unable to say a word, he went around the country and on TV making his case, he was the only one talking. See Cindy, for some of us none of what you say holds water. Danny lied with his first breath to BSDA, and has continued for almost 3 years now.

And you are missing the point about Mary and Joseph. It makes no difference if they are a public figure or not. Joseph was Godly enough not to want to embarrass Mary before her own community. Circumstances and common sense told him she was all the way wrong. Are you saying Danny should have been any less than that?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]172902[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Jan 26 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 26 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]172959[/snapback]

"Some explaination" did not have to be a lie. He made it up. There is no such thing as spiritual adultery committed between husband and wife. That is common sense for most? When Danny first came here is reaosning was that Linda spent more than 15 minutes on the phone with a men who was not her husband. Only when folks started questioning that "spritual adultery" junk, then he had some evidence that is was actual adultery. Meaning if folks would have just bought the spiritual adultery(and for some strange reason he thought everybody would), then he would have no need to prove anything. With Linda unable to say a word, he went around the country and on TV making his case, he was the only one talking. See Cindy, for some of us none of what you say holds water. Danny lied with his first breath to BSDA, and has continued for almost 3 years now.

And you are missing the point about Mary and Joseph. It makes no difference if they are a public figure or not. Joseph was Godly enough not to want to embarrass Mary before her own community. Circumstances and common sense told him she was all the way wrong. Are you saying Danny should have been any less than that?

clap.gif Amen sista

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 26 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #57

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]172914[/snapback]

I have something to agree with you on Cindy. Linda was compensated well. Most states operate under the principle of “employment at will”, which means that just like you can quit your job at anytime for any reason so can an employer termination your employment for cause or without cause. All an employer owns you is an honest days pay for your honest day work. Linda was an employee and officer of 3ABN, she received two years salary upon her termination, 3ABN did not have to do that. An employer does not own you severance, she did better than most. Agreeing to a gag orders for officers and corporations is a common business practice in order to receive a severance package. I don’t fault 3ABN for that. You can argue all you want whether the termination was fair or not….that has nothing to do with compensation while she was employed and grants no rights to compensation after her employment ended.

Another thing. Linda may have been the co-founder of 3ABN but she is not a part owner nor is Danny an owner. The 3ABN Corporation is the owner. A corporation is a legal entity, it can hold property in its name, enter into contracts, hire officers and employees, sue and be sued, etc. Corporations are setup to limit the personal liability of the founder and officers, but also to ensure ongoing continued business should any one person leave the company. The Corporation owns the assets, not Linda. She is not entitled to half the business as some believe.

Now, here is where I agree with Clay, Di and others. It was unethical for 3ABN to trash Linda publicly and engage in activity to prohibit Linda from seeking employment elsewhere (if true). 3ABN should have held itself to the same conditions they expected from Linda...that is what an ethical business would do.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 26 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 26 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]172948[/snapback]

I like this new guy, Di. He's got spunk too!
clap.gif
Hey, don't you men go claiming Andi as your own. It says "Gender 'f'' beneath her name. That makes her a new gal with spunk ! girlpower.gif clapping.gif
Andi, welcome.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 26 2007, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 26 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]173020[/snapback]

I have something to agree with you on Cindy. Linda was compensated well. Most states operate under the principle of “employment at will”, which means that just like you can quit your job at anytime for any reason so can an employer termination your employment for cause or without cause. All an employer owns you is an honest days pay for your honest day work. Linda was an employee and officer of 3ABN, she received two years salary upon her termination, 3ABN did not have to do that. An employer does not own you severance, she did better than most. Agreeing to a gag orders for officers and corporations is a common business practice in order to receive a severance package. I don’t fault 3ABN for that. You can argue all you want whether the termination was fair or not….that has nothing to do with compensation while she was employed and grants no rights to compensation after her employment ended.

Another thing. Linda may have been the co-founder of 3ABN but she is not a part owner nor is Danny an owner. The 3ABN Corporation is the owner. A corporation is a legal entity, it can hold property in its name, enter into contracts, hire officers and employees, sue and be sued, etc. Corporations are setup to limit the personal liability of the founder and officers, but also to ensure ongoing continued business should any one person leave the company. The Corporation owns the assets, not Linda. She is not entitled to half the business as some believe.

Now, here is where I agree with Clay, Di and others. It was unethical for 3ABN to trash Linda publicly and engage in activity to prohibit Linda from seeking employment elsewhere (if true). 3ABN should have held itself to the same conditions they expected from Linda...that is what an ethical business would do.

andithomas posted....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jan 26 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

That & she wasn't an employee she was cofounder of 3ABN.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church