Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:31 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
princessdi
post Aug 8 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #61

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Amelia @ Aug 8 2004, 02:48 PM)
From a lurking white folk. hiya.gif Saw it, got it, loved it. thumbup1.gif I Only wish the 3ABN situation were a simple laughing matter and not a huge praying one.

Welcome, Amelia!! I agree! I continue to pray for this unfortuntate situation.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
friends
post Aug 26 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 584

What happened to "mending broken people?" What does publicly humiliating someone through the media, websites and letters have to do with mending broken people? 3ABN should be ashamed of themselves. If Linda was 100% guilty of all that is being insinuated about her, the reponse should be quite different. When Joseph found out Mary was pregnant he decided to "put her away quietly." There's something wrong with this picture...especially as Linda herself proclaims her innocence on her website. I think the 3ABN Board should take another look at how their leaders have responded to this situation.

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 27 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(friends @ Aug 26 2004, 09:47 PM)
What happened to "mending broken people?" What does publicly humiliating someone through the media, websites and letters have to do with mending broken people? ...heir leaders have responded to this situation.

I really liked that song. I don't hear it anymore on 3ABN.

I have to agree with you that this thing has not been handled properly by 3abn. My greatest concern is that any opportunity for Danny and Linda to even thinking of being reconciled was seriously frittered away by the dribbling of details about alleged infidelities and trying to make Linda out to be some kind of knucklehead.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 27 2004, 07:37 AM
Post #64

Guests

The answer is simple. As Adventists we are more interested in saving face than in saving people. The results are often horrific (witness Waco and now 3ABN).

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 27 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 27 2004, 07:37 AM)
The answer is simple. As Adventists we are more interested in saving face than in saving people. The results are often horrific (witness Waco and now 3ABN).

God forbid that 3ABN implodes (as some think it still might) and the media get involved (as is likely if the God forbidden happens), I can see the script already being written. "This was never an officially sanctioned ministry." Plausible deniability will rule the day.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 27 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

If the conservative SDAs are true to form, the GC will pretend no real involvement in 3ABN but if the support for 3ABN shown at the ASI Convention is to be believed, they may just continue to give them support, even though the fat hits the fan. Because at this Convention, the president of the NAD, Don Scheider, was there endorsing 3ABN publicly for their tremendous work in winning souls. Danny was so moved that he was visibly in tears. That was played over last night on 3ABN today.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 17 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #67

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

This was the email that started our more intense dissection of the story, the spin, etc.... it didn't seem right then, and it doesn't seem right now....check out this thread from the beginning...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 17 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Just read the entire thread....is the verdict here then that the 3ABN administration wanted to separate Linda from 3ABN because she talked to another man outside of her husband for 10-15 minutes on the phone?

Does the SDA church acknowledge spiritual adultery as being grounds for divorce--and is it even defined? Outside of this "context" I am not aware of it being used.

Since they are "public figures", did they even have grounds to be married to each other in the first place (as it was a second marriage for both)?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 17 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Just read the entire thread....is the verdict here then that the 3ABN administration wanted to separate Linda from 3ABN because she talked to another man outside of her husband for 10-15 minutes on the phone?
yep... you read it right...

Does the SDA church acknowledge spiritual adultery as being grounds for divorce--and is it even defined? Outside of this "context" I am not aware of it being used.
and neither were we... and I have yet to hear someone use that as an excuse for divorce.....other than Mr. Shelton.....

Since they are "public figures", did they even have grounds to be married to each other in the first place (as it was a second marriage for both)?
Another insightful question... and Mr. Shelton had the gall to suggest we were tabloid....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 17 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #70

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(dmizzle06 @ Jul 16 2004, 08:48 PM) [snapback]14787[/snapback]

Ok, something is very wrong with this man's letter. First of all, he says this is a tabloid site, whatever that means. Nobody gossips on here...well, at least that's not the main focus of this site. If he'd paid attention to the threads, he'd have known that. Secondly, he seems upset over the fact that no one attempted to get the story from the horse's mouth, yet he offered no explanation or details of the situation in his letter. And finally, as I mentioned in another thread, 3ABN isn't spreading the gospel to "all the world." I'd like to see a network of some sort where everyone can have access, not just a few Adventists who subscribe to it.

Dead on Pernt!
QUOTE(pmorris68 @ Jul 28 2004, 08:28 PM) [snapback]15685[/snapback]

Heck ain't no black or white heaven, so somebody going to real messed up on Judgement day, that's all I got to say. : mad.gif

yes.gif
QUOTE(dmizzle06 @ Jul 28 2004, 10:57 PM) [snapback]15706[/snapback]

No racism or prejudice there either, so add some more to that total.

yes.gif
QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 27 2004, 08:37 AM) [snapback]27251[/snapback]

Too, too dead on pernt!
yes.gif

"Spiritual Adultery" - if the definition is talking to anyone of the opposite sex for 10-15 minutes w/o your "spouse" present - then a grip of folks in de chach is cheatin' hard... jes by askin' "how is your day going? How's the kid at college?"

dunno.gif

Somebody (to me) ain't "confident"....

JMO

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 18 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

At the time we felt it was suspect too Re'...... and revisiting the thread after all this time, my opinion remains unchanged...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 18 2006, 07:41 AM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

Spiritual Adultery. Hmm. I thought that was only possible against God. Now, adultery in different forms in which love is lost and other symptoms are exhibited, I've heard of as a cause for divorce in Adventism....but not "spiritual' adultery.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 18 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #73

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Counselors would say that when a man "pushes" that his wife or girlfriend is "cheating" w/o actual "proof" - normally; he himself has issues with being unfaithful....

dry.gif

Now I am begining to wonder....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Actually, the term "spiritual adultery" was only used in my experience by preachers to described the behavior of the COI when they would waunder after to gods of the other nations. Then, of course, they would be overrun, taken into captivity, cry out to God, know the drill.

It is very disturbing(not to mention extremely arrogant) that Danny would employ this term. For one, it says that he had no real proof, Secondly, I don't know much about Linda, but she could be of Jewish birth, but I know that Danny is not God or even a god.

But then, again, I know pastors who have accused their wives of much worse to "save" their own careers. One woman I know is still fighting the false accusations. Church folks wouls rather believe the lie.

Now, you are getting the pernt!
QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 17 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]121931[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 18 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

He may not have proof, but he sure has something. There is something that she doesn't want revealed...something that she doesn't want to lose...something that might hurt the children, her perceived future, etc. ... like the lady in A Christmas Carol. When Alastairs gave Mrs. Dibble, was it, the money for a present, she asked what it was for "to keep me mouth shut?" she cocknied. We may never know.

Priscilla

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church