Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:36 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
Johann
post Apr 10 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #256

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 11 2007, 12:48 AM) [snapback]190795[/snapback]

i think that is what i was saying PB. the "off" spray pic was in response to what snoopy said trying to lighten things up a bit. afro.gif

I think this is what it is doing. I talked to Barb before she posted today, and she was not going to post! Thank God she did! Here she sees how many friends she does have.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 10 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #257

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]190780[/snapback]

IPB Image

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

wave.gif That's even better than "OFF"!!!

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 10 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #258

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]190769[/snapback]

I totally agree with you PB. The affiliation with 3abn is how we all got to know and love Barbara. She absolutely belongs in this forum. She, unfortunately for her, has much validity to contribute to these discussions, however due to her delicate health, at this time, we should spend our posting time loving her and encouraging her and only discuss those unpleasant issues with her when she brings them up. In other words, when she is feeling strong and able to handle the heartache that is "3ABN" and wants to discuss that situation with us. "For every time there is a season". that doesn't mean, move her to another forum for one season in her life and to another for another season. She is still an intricate part in this drama that is 3ABN.
I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this, but, I think some of you need to take a laxative and relax. you are entirely too myopic and grumpy. dunno.gif

You took the words out of my mouth!

Barbara, please come often. Get well and you ARE part of this 3ABN mess since you, too, are a victim.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 10 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]190769[/snapback]

I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this, but, I think some of you need to take a laxative and relax. you are entirely too myopic and grumpy. dunno.gif

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif Mozart! I agree!! I watch for the next blowup.gif and try to stay off the soapzip.gif

I am happy that you wrote today also Barbara. I have been praying for you and I love the fact that you write personally to us here at BSDA.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 10 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #260

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]190795[/snapback]

i think that is what i was saying PB. the "off" spray pic was in response to what snoopy said trying to lighten things up a bit. afro.gif

mozart,

Yep, I got that. Just seconding your response about the grumpy folks. thumbup.gif

BTW, I sure could have used the "off" bottle today on the way back from the grocery store. A birdie got my daughter's arm through the van window!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 11 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #261

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 10 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]190841[/snapback]

mozart,

Yep, I got that. Just seconding your response about the grumpy folks. thumbup.gif

BTW, I sure could have used the "off" bottle today on the way back from the grocery store. A birdie got my daughter's arm through the van window!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....does this mean this thread is about to get hijacked??? well, i had a bird poop on me back in 1925...................... yuk, yuk blink.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 11 2007, 08:07 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 12 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #262

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Barbara Kerr I want to thank you for the gems you gave us even though you were thinking of not posting.

We are trying to keep this particuar post clean uplifting and encouraging but some folk forget. Please forgive them.

Our prayers are for your recovery.

Love
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 12 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Barbara!!!!

please.gif please.gif please.gif.......come back!!!

We're sad without you!! ............. sadwalk.gif sadwalk.gif sadwalk.gif

We need to hear from you so we can do the happy dance again.... happydance.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif

OK - that was the best I could do with smilies... I'm praying for you!!

Love,

Snoopy

Johann - could you tell Barbara we miss her?? And remind her of I Thessalonians 5:18?? And give her a hug for me?? Thank you!!

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Apr 12 2007, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 12 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #264

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 11 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]191028[/snapback]

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....does this mean this thread is about to get hijacked??? well, i had a bird poop on me back in 1925...................... yuk, yuk blink.gif roflmao.gif

UUuuhhh, Mozart;

Just how old were you in 1925? Sh-sh-sh! We would never tell! roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Apr 22 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #265

Member No.: 2,087

Hi Everyone,

Boy am I glad I signed in today to read the comments. I must say you all REALLY made me laugh and I needed that very much. Thank you for being so considerate of the season of my life that I have been going through this year. If I could just reach through the computer and give each of you a great big hug, it still wouldn't fully express how much each of you have come to mean to me.

The bottle of "poop spray" really took the cake though. Being the visual person that I am, I will be able to use that mental image for years to come. LOL

I wanted to put a short note on this thread and let you know that today is my last day in Norway. I will be boarding my Continental flight tomorrow morning and heading for Columbia, SC. I would love to say that I will get to see my family soon, but Bill will be on a business trip until Thursday evening, and our son Nathan is on his way back to Fletcher Academy today. I was disappointed that I was just missing his last home leave of the year. I will try to run up to the academy after a day or two of rest.

I was really hoping for ONE more trip to the lake today, but it is raining cats and dogs, so I will forgo the walk.

I still have many things to write about my stay here in Norway, and I will do that from home. It has never been more clear that God brought me here for a reason. Many in fact. I've always been amazed at how God can use ONE thing to answer multiple questions.

I am leaving a changed woman. So many new experiences happened to me here. I have made some new friends, lost some old ones, got back into the routine of juicing again, got addicted to walking, learned to trust God with every detail of my life, experienced single life, learned how to drive using traffic circles instead of traffic signals (I'm still getting used to their yield to the right law). I learned that appearances can be deceiving. I learned how to stand up for myself and face confrontation. I learned how to deal with being a victim and that I am a survivor. I learned a little Norwegian. Just enought to embarrass myself last week.

Sitting at a table full of people, I decided to compliment the cook in her language. Instead, I ended up calling her quite a bad word in Norwegian, at which point all of the other Adventists sitting around the table burst out into laughter. When they were able to compose themselves long enough to let me know what I had actually said, my face turned red. Oh well, . . . . . . .

I received four phone calls over the weekend from people wanting to update me on the 3ABN merger. At first it sounded promising, but now I'm not sure. After I return home I will look into the facts and see what has really been happening.

Just know that you all have a special place in my heart, and I will be praying that God will bless you for the encouragers you have been to me. Continue to watch for a few more posts in the weeks to come.

Hugs,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 22 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #266

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Apr 10 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]190755[/snapback]

Hi Folks,

I just re-read my last post from so long ago and the page that followed. I was so excited to log on tonight and get all caught up. Now I'm wondering if I should write anything.

I'm still in Norway. I said God would have to kick my behind if He wanted me to stay, . . . and He did. There is so much to tell.

I just wanted those of you, who wish I wouldn't post here anymore, to know that you have a special way of making someone feel unwelcome. Most days you don't win, but tonight you did.
I think I will go make a salad and go to bed early.

To the rest of you, thanks for your kind words and your patience with me. Maybe I can log on tomorrow.

I am sorry that this is not the encouraging letter that I intended to write tonight. I wish you all a wonderful night and sweet dreams. May each of you feel God's blessings surrounding you and holding you tight as you continue through your day.

''And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, but especially to those of the household of faith.'' Galatians 6:9-10

All my best,
BK

I have not read this thread in a few weeks. Barbara, I think you are being way too sensitive. No one has asked you to stop posting. The suggestion was made that your ongoing updates concerning your health and those responding with encouraging words and prayer does have a place on BSDA but would be more appropriate in another forum here.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 23 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #267

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 22 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]192436[/snapback]

I have not read this thread in a few weeks. Barbara, I think you are being way too sensitive. No one has asked you to stop posting. The suggestion was made that your ongoing updates concerning your health and those responding with encouraging words and prayer does have a place on BSDA but would be more appropriate in another forum here.

We don't know whether there have been things said to her that were not posts in a forum here so I don't know that your conclusion can be accurately drawn... because we do know that there have been individuals who have received private correspondence, whether by PM or email that was sent with the express intention of intimidating or otherwise forcing the recipient's silence... which makes it feasible that Barbara could have been approached in like manner...

I, for one, wish her to continue to post because she is a constant reminder to all that there are bigger issues that many face and they need our prayers and our support...BTJM.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
jodi
post Apr 23 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #268

Member No.: 552

Welcome home, Barbara; Welcome home. This has been a very long journey for you and we look forward to your next letter.

Love, and warm hugs,
Jodi

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Apr 23 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #269

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(jodi @ Apr 23 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]192579[/snapback]

Welcome home, Barbara; Welcome home. This has been a very long journey for you and we look forward to your next letter.

Love, and warm hugs,
Jodi

Me too! yes.gif clap.gif clapping.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif Looking forward to some more tabletalk.gif girlpower.gif PTL.gif GP.gif

Lotza hug.gif

GrammieTana

+Quote Post
jodi
post Apr 23 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #270

Member No.: 552

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 22 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]192436[/snapback]

I'm sorry that you moved Barbara to "Praise &Testamonies" as I had a hard time finding her! Please consider putting her back on "3ABN" where I believe she belongs - as well as others do!

Jodi

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church