Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
PeacefulBe
post Mar 26 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #241

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

IMO, Barbara Kerr is one of the 3abn issues so she belongs here.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 26 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 26 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]187968[/snapback]

Yes, What was wrong with it PB? If theology posts are moved to the theology forum, that isn't considered mean to those who wrote them, is it?

and can you explain why this topic belongs in this forum, rather then on one of the many other forums it seems it would easily belong on ?? I am being honest, I don't get it. I'm not trying to argue with anybody. I was just looking for an answer, any explanation would do...
Are you posting a personal attack and insult here?

just wonderin what you call it, and how it's justified...

Aletheia,

I think if you read again, you will note that all I did was quote from a song and a scripture. I did not direct the statement to anyone. I said a song came to mind.

The only attack I saw on this thread tonight, was when someone made a statement insinuating that Barbara Kerr was

An advertisement for the Doctor maybe

I would have thought that if someone was really only concerned why the posts were in a certain area of the boards, they would not have had to add the sarcastic remarks about testifying "for Linda and against Danny in a older letter" and that cute little remark about the Dr.

Even IF the posts could or should be moved to another thread, the sarcastic remark was uncalled for.

I am sure if my post was offtopic.gif you will forgive me, because you are always telling us how righteous you are.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 26 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #243

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 26 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]187975[/snapback]

IMO, Barbara Kerr is one of the 3abn issues so she belongs here.

In this case, Peacefully, I find myself disagreeing with you.... the issues that Barbara Kerr has with 3abn, as well as her thoughts and insights on the situations at 3abn belong here, and we are very glad for her perspectives on them.

But Barbara Kerr herself is NOT "one of the 3abn issues"... and while we are very glad for her inspiring posts, and willing to walk with her through her distressing times, those really do not belong in the forum which was established for the purpose of discussing the perceived problems having to do with 3abn.

It would, IMO, be much better if her thread on her experiences in Norway having to do with her own health be moved to one of the forums that specialize in those things. There is, here on BSDA, a forum devoted to health and related issues, another, the cafe, devoted to things of general interest, and other forums where inspirational messages and prayer requests are especially targeted. I would respectfully request that the administrators discuss this with her and more this thread to the area of her preference..... but.... that may be out of line for me to do here... if so, one of the moderators may edit this as they see best.... or remove it if they prefer. That's just the way I see it.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Mar 26 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Just a reminder for those who forgot.
March 18, 12:30 pm. post # 204

*****This topic is now reopened. I trust that all who have no interest in encourageing and being encouraged will not post to this thread. ALL violators will be susupended or banned, depending on the offense.****

Rosyroi @}---;---;-----

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 26 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #245

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Mar 27 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]188016[/snapback]

Just a reminder for those who forgot.
March 18, 12:30 pm. post # 204
*****This topic is now reopened. I trust that all who have no interest in encourageing and being encouraged will not post to this thread. ALL violators will be susupended or banned, depending on the offense.****

Rosyroi @}---;---;-----

Thanks for the reminder rosy. I had prepared 4 different responses. Your quote says it all. yes.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 26 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #246

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Looking4truth, I am going to assume that you posted before you came upon my warning about this thread. Aletheia, if you feel inclined to repsond to looking4truth's last post, take it outside, IOW, send a PM. This will remain a 3ABN Battle free zone. Rosy is responsible for this extended grace. Be sure and thank her!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 27 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #247

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

WB,

I see your point and agree that issues of Barbara's health, etc, would probably be best discussed in a more appropriate forum. However, I stick to my position that she is a 3abn issue due to her affiliation with the ministry and her subsequent treatment by that ministry in regards to the cooking shows she made with Linda.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
jodi
post Apr 2 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #248

Member No.: 552

Dear Barbara: Just want to let you know how much we love your letters as you journal your stay in Norway. May God continue to guide you and bless you and bring you home safely. Thank you for your gentle way of painting such a beautiful picture of God and His love for us as you enjoy the nature walks in His country. Love and prayers and many hugs!!

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Apr 10 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #249

Member No.: 2,087

Hi Folks,

I just re-read my last post from so long ago and the page that followed. I was so excited to log on tonight and get all caught up. Now I'm wondering if I should write anything.

I'm still in Norway. I said God would have to kick my behind if He wanted me to stay, . . . and He did. There is so much to tell.

I just wanted those of you, who wish I wouldn't post here anymore, to know that you have a special way of making someone feel unwelcome. Most days you don't win, but tonight you did.

I think I will go make a salad and go to bed early.

To the rest of you, thanks for your kind words and your patience with me. Maybe I can log on tomorrow.

I am sorry that this is not the encouraging letter that I intended to write tonight. I wish you all a wonderful night and sweet dreams. May each of you feel God's blessings surrounding you and holding you tight as you continue through your day.

''And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, but especially to those of the household of faith.'' Galatians 6:9-10

All my best,
BK

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 10 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

hug.gif Dear Barbara, i'm sorry i was not here while you were on, i would have stomped those who would want to offend you. ignore them like you do the devil who drives them. i've been wondering for weeks how you were doing and if you made it back home yet. in fact i pm'd johann a couple of days ago to see if he had heard anything. there are a few here, very few left, Praise The Lord, whose post you should not bother to read. as we come upon them we will forwarn you so as you will not be dishearted by their hateful and callous bitterness. don't allow yourself to think about it. those of us on your side far outweigh them. i don't want you to go through anymore negativity, so if you choose not to come around here for a while, i certainly understand and won't be so selfish that i would ask you to do that for our sakes. just know that we are many, we are faithful and we are behind you, beside you and in front of you to protect you and support you always. we are soldiers for the cross and we surround you. and now for a corny old saying: "let your smile be your umbrella", it increases your endorphines and it's a beautiful smile. you are greatly loved. God be with you, Mo. hug.gif

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Apr 10 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]190755[/snapback]

Hi Folks,

I just re-read my last post from so long ago and the page that followed. I was so excited to log on tonight and get all caught up. Now I'm wondering if I should write anything.

I'm still in Norway. I said God would have to kick my behind if He wanted me to stay, . . . and He did. There is so much to tell.

I just wanted those of you, who wish I wouldn't post here anymore, to know that you have a special way of making someone feel unwelcome. Most days you don't win, but tonight you did.

I think I will go make a salad and go to bed early.

To the rest of you, thanks for your kind words and your patience with me. Maybe I can log on tomorrow.

I am sorry that this is not the encouraging letter that I intended to write tonight. I wish you all a wonderful night and sweet dreams. May each of you feel God's blessings surrounding you and holding you tight as you continue through your day.

''And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, but especially to those of the household of faith.'' Galatians 6:9-10

All my best,
BK

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 10 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 27 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]188148[/snapback]

WB,

I see your point and agree that issues of Barbara's health, etc, would probably be best discussed in a more appropriate forum. However, I stick to my position that she is a 3abn issue due to her affiliation with the ministry and her subsequent treatment by that ministry in regards to the cooking shows she made with Linda.

PB

I totally agree with you PB. The affiliation with 3abn is how we all got to know and love Barbara. She absolutely belongs in this forum. She, unfortunately for her, has much validity to contribute to these discussions, however due to her delicate health, at this time, we should spend our posting time loving her and encouraging her and only discuss those unpleasant issues with her when she brings them up. In other words, when she is feeling strong and able to handle the heartache that is "3ABN" and wants to discuss that situation with us. "For every time there is a season". that doesn't mean, move her to another forum for one season in her life and to another for another season. She is still an intricate part in this drama that is 3ABN.
I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this, but, I think some of you need to take a laxative and relax. you are entirely too myopic and grumpy. dunno.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 10 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]190769[/snapback]

I totally agree with you PB. The affiliation with 3abn is how we all got to know and love Barbara. She absolutely belongs in this forum. She, unfortunately for her, has much validity to contribute to these discussions, however due to her delicate health, at this time, we should spend our posting time loving her and encouraging her and only discuss those unpleasant issues with her when she brings them up. In other words, when she is feeling strong and able to handle the heartache that is "3ABN" and wants to discuss that situation with us. "For every time there is a season". that doesn't mean, move her to another forum for one season in her life and to another for another season. She is still an intricate part in this drama that is 3ABN.
I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this, but, I think some of you need to take a laxative and relax. you are entirely too myopic and grumpy. dunno.gif

Mozart, you crack me up!! Thanks for the chuckle!! ..... giggle.gif

And my vote is that Barbara's story is so tied to 3ABN that it definitely belongs here. Just because she is in "delicate health" as you say is just a branch of her story. Who knows - maybe the stress caused by 3ABN's Cooking School Tape Prison has contributed to her health problems?? dunno.gif

I've never met Barbara nor was I fortunate enough to ever have seen her on TV. But I've come to love her just through BSDA - so thank you Calvin for that!

And Barbara, I had not seen your post when we hijacked the Shout Box earlier. So what I said there goes twice!! But don't let one or two sour grapes affect your happy, peaceful spirit. I still enjoy our walks and am waiting to hear about the last one, when you feel up to it. I NEED YOU!! I look at this way - there are some who are best handled with a can of "OFF"... Can you get some there in Norway?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 10 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #253

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 10 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]190771[/snapback]

Mozart, you crack me up!! Thanks for the chuckle!! ..... giggle.gif

And my vote is that Barbara's story is so tied to 3ABN that it definitely belongs here. Just because she is in "delicate health" as you say is just a branch of her story. Who knows - maybe the stress caused by 3ABN's Cooking School Tape Prison has contributed to her health problems?? dunno.gif

I've never met Barbara nor was I fortunate enough to ever have seen her on TV. But I've come to love her just through BSDA - so thank you Calvin for that!

And Barbara, I had not seen your post when we hijacked the Shout Box earlier. So what I said there goes twice!! But don't let one or two sour grapes affect your happy, peaceful spirit. I still enjoy our walks and am waiting to hear about the last one, when you feel up to it. I NEED YOU!! I look at this way - there are some who are best handled with a can of "OFF"... Can you get some there in Norway?? wink.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 10 2007, 03:58 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 10 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #254

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 10 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]190769[/snapback]

mozart,

What I would like to add to this subject is that if Calvin, Clay or PrincessDi feel this topic is out of place here it probably would have been moved elsewhere before now. So why don't we all just relax and enjoy the fellowship together, be blessed by Barbara's perspectives and lift our sister's spirits when we can.

Barbara,

Some of us drive around in Chevys, some of us drive around in Fords, and some of us even drive around in Dodges. Unfortunately, as has once again been demonstrated here, we are not driving around "all in one Accord". It is a temporary condition that will eventually be resolved by a true relationship with our Redeemer. Until that time, please don't get discouraged by those whose cars need a good smog check.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 10 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #255

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 10 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]190785[/snapback]

mozart,

What I would like to add to this subject is that if Calvin, Clay or PrincessDi feel this topic is out of place here it probably would have been moved elsewhere before now. So why don't we all just relax and enjoy the fellowship together, be blessed by Barbara's perspectives and lift our sister's spirits when we can.

PB

i think that is what i was saying PB. the "off" spray pic was in response to what snoopy said trying to lighten things up a bit. afro.gif

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church