Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12410&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:36:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proofs, Or Lack Thereof, A concern of causing false assumptions
Grace
post Feb 11 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 9 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]176869[/snapback]
No one who has been critical of 3ABN administration has suggested such a thing.

However, some defending 3ABN have falsely suggested that those criticizing current admnistration are implicating Wintley Phipps and Mark Finley as well! mad.gif

"Some" defending Danny have all the same technique: falsely suggesting that we have said things agains honest people that we haven't said nor implied. notworking.gif

"Tiresome they are"... huh.gif

--------------------
Grace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #122

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Tiresome, very much so. sad.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 11 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]177303[/snapback]

"Some" defending Danny have all the same technique: falsely suggesting that we have said things agains honest people that we haven't said nor implied. notworking.gif

"Tiresome they are"... huh.gif

And they do not seem to see it themselves. A very important point, Grace. yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Treniece
post May 19 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

So much information. It is mind boggling. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
howdy
post May 19 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

I believe you are quite right N W in your assessment. The church is too inbred to ever find an impartial jury. There has been nepotism for decades. The management of 3ABN will not produce their evidence against Linda claiming as their reason to "protect Linda" while all the time trashing her worldwide. The only thing they are trying to protect is themselves. There is obviously no proof of their charges against Linda.

howdy

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 19 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(howdy @ May 19 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]196098[/snapback]

I believe you are quite right N W in your assessment. The church is too inbred to ever find an impartial jury. There has been nepotism for decades. The management of 3ABN will not produce their evidence against Linda claiming as their reason to "protect Linda" while all the time trashing her worldwide. The only thing they are trying to protect is themselves. There is obviously no proof of their charges against Linda.

howdy

AMEN howdy
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 20 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #127

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(howdy @ May 20 2007, 02:13 AM) [snapback]196098[/snapback]

howdy

The above can be seen on every level of leadership w/in the church. Sad but true. sad.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 20 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i agree sera and i think that what i have always understood as ".....a falling away first...." does not pertain to those who i thought it did. i thought the "falling away" would be those leaving the faith, but now i think that the "falling away" IS the organizational church leaving the Faith. it seems so clear to me now that those that will stand to the end are those few who stay faithful to the truth; small groups scorned by the SDA (name copyrighted) church as we know it.
i'm sure some out there will see fit to yell at me and "set me straight" for saying that but so be it.

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ May 20 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]196108[/snapback]

The above can be seen on every level of leadership w/in the church. Sad but true. sad.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 20 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ May 20 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]196108[/snapback]

Perhaps it can be seen in every level of leadership within the church but not every leader, IMO. I am certain that there are many in leadership who are pure and true followers of the Lord.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 20 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 20 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]196126[/snapback]

Perhaps it can be seen in every level of leadership within the church but not every leader, IMO. I am certain that there are many in leadership who are pure and true followers of the Lord.

Amen to that PB!
I recall that EGW stated very plainly that "the church would appear as about to fall, but it would not fall. Instead, the sinners in Zion would be shaken out." (paraphrased)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 20 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #131

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ May 20 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]196125[/snapback]

i agree sera and i think that what i have always understood as ".....a falling away first...." does not pertain to those who i thought it did. i thought the "falling away" would be those leaving the faith, but now i think that the "falling away" IS the organizational church leaving the Faith. it seems so clear to me now that those that will stand to the end are those few who stay faithful to the truth; small groups scorned by the SDA (name copyrighted) church as we know it.
i'm sure some out there will see fit to yell at me and "set me straight" for saying that but so be it.

offtopic.gif Your train of thought, would be better suited as a new topic. You have shared what you "think" but, the question is, what does scripture state regarding the subject of who will "fall away"?

My statement, that there are problems in every level of leadership is an acknowledgment of a simple reality. Where one sees long term nepotism one often (not always) find areas of corruption w/in the organization. That is the area where I agree with howdy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mikemike
post May 20 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #132

Member No.: 3,446

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ May 20 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]196136[/snapback]

offtopic.gif Your train of thought, would be better suited as a new topic. You have shared what you "think" but, the question is, what does scripture state regarding the subject of who will "fall away"?

My statement, that there are problems in every level of leadership is an acknowledgment of a simple reality. Where one sees long term nepotism one often (not always) find areas of corruption w/in the organization. That is the area where I agree with howdy.

Your comment seem out of place, you stated your own opinion but when the other person did you said they should start a new topic. dunno.gif How so, please explain. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 20 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

"The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall."

I once told a leader at the Reformed Movement's headquarters about that quote. He said it was new to him.

Later he was telling me that we have to come out of Babylon into the true fold, and it dawned on me that he was saying we need to come out of the SDA church into his group, the true fold. The following hit me, and I told him: "According to that quote, any group that doesn't appear as about to fall cannot be the true fold."

He didn't know what to say.

There is a passage that speaks about those in Ellen White's day who were calling the Adventist Church Babylon. It also predicts that people would do that very same thing at the end of time. I was talking with a lady who was saying that the Adventist Church is Babylon, and I asked her if she thought the passage in question was being fulfilled now, or if she thought it was simply a conditional prophecy.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 20 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

yes, but does that mean the "church - body of true believers" or the "church - organization"?
i wasn't suggesting the SDA church is Babylon. not sure if you thought i was saying that or not. just wanted to make that clear.

sera,
as far as my comment being "off topic", i think it's completely relative to what you were saying, just in a wider scope maybe, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. selah

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 20 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]196147[/snapback]

"The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall."

I once told a leader at the Reformed Movement's headquarters about that quote. He said it was new to him.

Later he was telling me that we have to come out of Babylon into the true fold, and it dawned on me that he was saying we need to come out of the SDA church into his group, the true fold. The following hit me, and I told him: "According to that quote, any group that doesn't appear as about to fall cannot be the true fold."

He didn't know what to say.

There is a passage that speaks about those in Ellen White's day who were calling the Adventist Church Babylon. It also predicts that people would do that very same thing at the end of time. I was talking with a lady who was saying that the Adventist Church is Babylon, and I asked her if she thought the passage in question was being fulfilled now, or if she thought it was simply a conditional prophecy.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 20 2007, 11:02 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 20 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Okay, the link didn't work so here is the EGW statement in question:

"Maranatha, Chap. 195 - The Church Appears About to Fall
But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Isa. 49:14, 15.

Satan will work his miracles to deceive; he will set up his power as supreme. The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out--the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place. None but those who have been overcoming by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony will be found with the loyal and true, without spot or stain of sin, without guile in their mouths.... The remnant that purify their souls by obeying the truth gather strength from the trying process, exhibiting the beauty of holiness amid the surrounding apostasy. {Mar 203.1}

I know that the Lord loves His church. It is not to be disorganized or broken up into independent atoms. There is not the least consistency in this; there is not the least evidence that such a thing will be. Those who shall heed this false message and try to leaven others will be deceived and prepared to receive advanced delusions, and they will come to nought. {Mar 203.2}

I am encouraged and blessed as I realize that the God of Israel is still guiding His people, and that He will continue to be with them, even to the end. {Mar 203.3}

We cannot now step off the foundation that God has established. We cannot now enter into any new organization; for this would mean apostasy from the truth. {Mar 203.4}

The church, soon to enter upon her most severe conflict, will be the object most dear to God upon earth. The confederacy of evil will be stirred with power from beneath, and Satan will cast all the reproach possible upon the chosen ones whom he cannot deceive and delude with his satanic inventions and falsehoods. But exalted "to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and remission of sins," will Christ, our representative and head, close His heart, or withdraw His hand, or falsify His promise? No; never, never. {Mar 203.5}"

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: May 20 2007, 11:22 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:36 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church