Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12410&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:36:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proofs, Or Lack Thereof, A concern of causing false assumptions
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]176374[/snapback]

Out of what 16 million adventists around the world (and 3abn reaches the biggest portion of it)
Just a minor little correction: 3abn's potential reach is almost as great as the number of Adventists around the world.

Fact is that 3ABN does not actually reach that many people. Just because a satellite beam could potentially reach people doesn't mean that it does reach those people.

I really don't have the figures, but I know for sure that your statement is highly exaggerated -- like most of your statements and those of Dan Shelton.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 8 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]176428[/snapback]

Just a minor little correction: 3abn's potential reach is almost as great as the number of Adventists around the world.

Fact is that 3ABN does not actually reach that many people. Just because a satellite beam could potentially reach people doesn't mean that it does reach those people.

I really don't have the figures, but I know for sure that your statement is highly exaggerated -- like most of your statements and those of Dan Shelton.

And I know that more and more Adventists are tuning in on HOPE, the official TV channel of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. There was a reason why the Church no longer could depend on 3ABN to bring the message to the World.

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 8 2007, 12:14 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #93

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I go back to this first letter:

Hi, my name is Danny Shelton and I work for 3ABN. It's not a credit your Black SDA that it appears to be nothing more than a tabloid gossip page.
Not one of the people that I could see commenting have even attempted to contact me, that I know of, about all the things they are judging me of.
You do have some people in the "know" that you could find out some info from if it means that much to you. Pastor John Lomacang has spent many hours counseling with Linda and me and even made some recommendations to the board about our situation which the 3ABN board took very seriously.
As of late Pastor Mark Finley has counseled with both Linda and Me. He agrees with the decision the board has taken on this issue and so does Pastor John. Several others have also counseled us and all agree with the board's action.
Paula and Curtis have indeed been back to do more programming without me or Linda. Their program stands on it's own.
No one has been hurt like Linda and me have been through this whole situation. We still love each other and spend considerable time together..... snip.....

Mr. Shelton indicated that Lomacang and also Mark Finley counseled them... there is no indication that this ever happened... He stated that they loved each other except his actions suggested otherwise... Likewise there is no indication that they spent time together working on their relationship....

Again I will say it, men in love do not attempt to get a divorce as quickly as possible.... not any men that I know of....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #94

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]176459[/snapback]

- - -

Again I will say it, men in love do not attempt to get a divorce as quickly as possible.... not any men that I know of....

Neither do they spend fortunes on private investigators to have them issue false reports on what the wife is doing so they can get this divorce as quickly as possible. Nor do they threaten to have the police incarcerate witnesses who appear to exonerate the wife.

There are too many questionable dispositions to clear Danny Shelton of strong suspicions that he did not want to save his marriage at all.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 8 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #95

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]176459[/snapback]

I go back to this first letter:
Mr. Shelton indicated that Lomacang and also Mark Finley counseled them... there is no indication that this ever happened... He stated that they loved each other except his actions suggested otherwise... Likewise there is no indication that they spent time together working on their relationship....

but men in love with the new Mrs waiting in the wings do.......

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #96

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 8 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]176468[/snapback]

but men in love with the new Mrs waiting in the wings do.......

Thank you Denny. During the Second World War we tuned our radio in on London. From there we always heard the truth of what was going on.

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 8 2007, 10:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 8 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

I am presently watching the news on NBC and Brian Williams' conversation with Tim Russert concerning his being on the witness stand today in the Libby trial.

Two wise things were said by Tim following his statements of what he could report from his testimony today.

1. He gave a quote from Lyndon Johnson that we probably have all heard but I will paraphrase here....

It is easier to throw grenades than catch them......

2. Tim said he learned a lesson in the 7th grade and that is:

if you tell just one story you don't need to worry.........

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 8 2007, 05:44 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 8 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #98

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

One mo gen......
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 7 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]176355[/snapback]

I'm quick to tell the kids that I work with:

*ahem*

"You tell the truth one time. That's all you have to do. Eventually the lie will come out in the wash. Someone wants to lie on you and spread rumors. You tell the people that matter one time..... it's not true. You show your proof that it's not true and you drop it. The people that keep the mess going will be found out to be a lie ...eventually...and when it does happen - their shot for life. Trust me...."

It's refreshing to see kids actually work this in the day treatment/inpatient wards and it actually works as the rumor mill dies and people find something new to talk about.

Fact of the matter is - with all the "evidence" that exists about Linda - I ain't seen a thang...but yet there is bit after bit coming out about Danny, Tommy, and the "dirty deeds" that have been done in the background. If evidence exists against Linda - by all means Danny should have been a man from jump and let it go. To slander his ex-wife's name makes him look stankier and stankier. Normally the hen that cackles the loudest is the one that laid the egg...and in this case Danny is cackling, crowing, pecking, screaming, bellowing, spittin, and yellin'...all of which makes him look stankier and stankier.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 8 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]176459[/snapback]

Easy to solve. Ask Mark Finley if he counseled her on the phone 3 different times and what was said. He is willing to make that statement or sign a document saying so. Read my other post in corporate worship. It will fill in the details. THERE ARE RECEIPTS for 8 hours of out of state counseling with 2 christian counselors that are not adventist to the best of my understanding.
John Lomacang will also testify or sign a sworn statement on the counseling he did with them. Why would a man who loved his wife hire PI's to follow her. One that knew what she was doing while they were still married and who would have still, forgiven, and reconciled even after seeing the evidence but she was not willing. That being the case, he was I guess, glad, if you can use that word that he had proof because of the people like you that would never believe she was capable of such a thing.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 8 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 8 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]176563[/snapback]

1. He gave a quote from Lyndon Johnson that we probably have all heard but I will paraphrase here....

It is easier to throw grenades than catch them......

2. Tim said he learned a lesson in the 7th grade and that is:

if you tell just one story you don't need to worry.........

nw

NW, see my last post here and my post in corporate worship. You see, they have tried to keep quiet. They have tried not to start nameing names and dates. They have tried not to talk about evidence they have. But people here on this forum and a couple of other places on the net, have gossiped, ridiculed and demanded proof of the allegations against Linda. Not only that but several on the net are responsible for calling/mailing out slanderous accusations against 3ABN. They encourage people not to support by "sharing" their rumor and character slander with absolutely no proof of the things they are accusing of. Some things have had to be posted that they would rather not have discussed but when all of these false allegations are beginning to hurt the cause of Christ, they have no choice but to defend themselves. Whether than means providing the evidence to prove the reasons for the divorce and dismissal, or filing suit for defamation of character with no evidence to back it up, they will do it. How can you blame them? Don't you think they would love to just "tell one story" and then not have to worry? But they can't. You won't let them.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 9 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 9 2007, 12:47 AM) [snapback]176690[/snapback]

NW, see my last post here and my post in corporate worship. You see, they have tried to keep quiet. They have tried not to start nameing names and dates. They have tried not to talk about evidence they have. But people here on this forum and a couple of other places on the net, have gossiped, ridiculed and demanded proof of the allegations against Linda. Not only that but several on the net are responsible for calling/mailing out slanderous accusations against 3ABN. They encourage people not to support by "sharing" their rumor and character slander with absolutely no proof of the things they are accusing of. Some things have had to be posted that they would rather not have discussed but when all of these false allegations are beginning to hurt the cause of Christ, they have no choice but to defend themselves. Whether than means providing the evidence to prove the reasons for the divorce and dismissal, or filing suit for defamation of character with no evidence to back it up, they will do it. How can you blame them? Don't you think they would love to just "tell one story" and then not have to worry? But they can't. You won't let them.

You are worse than the Bush administration. It's always anybody's fault but yours Danny... and no, I'm not buying these attempts to speak in the 3rd person...as if the people responding to these posts are doing it without being directed... and neither is anyone else. You will see this and tell whichever minion is hiding behind this screen name what to say in response... so I will just cut out the middle man...

If you had
    [A)] not tried to make Linda wear a scarlet letter before 3ABN's donors in an attempt to make sure donations continued after she was pushed out and

[B)] not tried to convince the world of her guilt so your relationship with Brandi would appear to be legit or

[C)] not continued to treat Linda and anyone who appeared sympathetic to her in the most unChristian manner possible or

[D)] not shown up here telling lies to cover the lies you already told when you claimed to be trying to save your marriage even as you were filing for divorce or

[E)] roll your lackeys in here in shifts pretending to be unaffiliated yet concerned viewers and supporters of 3ABN and failing miserably to pull it off... showing up claiming to be seeking truth and only spreading more lies... and the sad part is just as those who the Sanhedrin tried to get to lie about Jesus... the lies dont even match up...
AND had just told the truth from the beginning...

THEN you'd have had nothing to worry about...

so if you need to point fingers... find the nearest mirror.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 9 2007, 12:18 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 9 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

In His service,
Mr. J
[/quote]
I am NOT Danny. But go ahead and make your accusations, you have made many. There have been several posts yesterday and this evening by me with dates, names and papers that can be verified. Put them all together and someone has not been telling the truth. Hence, the origination of your accusations. As arrogant as you are mr. J. even you need to come down off of your throne and look at the facts. I will challenge, dare or even beg you to make phone calls to verify some of this. Even though you always think you are several steps above the rest of us, I don't think even you, would call Mark Finley a liar. Even you couldn't refute receipts and paper trails. Even you can't refute sworn testimonies. You can try, but it won't fly.

On the other hand mr. in love with himself, I nor anyone else has seen one shred of evidence from you to prove any of your allegations. All I have seen from you is a big ugly mouth repeating all the gossip and rumors you have heard here. Where is your proof, evidence, dates, verifiable facts ect ect.
I am sorry but all of your posts wreak with envy. It is beyond your comprehension how someone uneducated like Danny could be president of a world wide tv ministry when someone as knowledgeable and learned as you, is not. The only thing you can do is make allegations that he is there because of wrong doing. Do you think (obviously you do) that you, mr. j know more than asi, the board, the counselors, that did indeed counsel LInda, ASI, the pastors, Mark F, Doug B, David A., Wintley Phipps. and a host of other people that defend and stay with 3abn because they "do know" the "real truth". If you really believe that you know more than they do about the situation, if you really believe that you are smart than them, then you are far worse off than I could have imagined.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 9 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #103

Member No.: 1,880

WWJD go to bed!!! It's late where you are. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 9 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #104

Member No.: 1,880

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 8 2007, 11:49 PM) [snapback]176708[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

I am NOT Danny. But go ahead and make your accusations, you have made many. There have been several posts yesterday and this evening by me with dates, names and papers that can be verified. Put them all together and someone has not been telling the truth. Hence, the origination of your accusations. As arrogant as you are mr. J. even you need to come down off of your throne and look at the facts. I will challenge, dare or even beg you to make phone calls to verify some of this. Even though you always think you are several steps above the rest of us, I don't think even you, would call Mark Finley a liar. Even you couldn't refute receipts and paper trails. Even you can't refute sworn testimonies. You can try, but it won't fly.

On the other hand mr. in love with himself, I nor anyone else has seen one shred of evidence from you to prove any of your allegations. All I have seen from you is a big ugly mouth repeating all the gossip and rumors you have heard here. Where is your proof, evidence, dates, verifiable facts ect ect.
I am sorry but all of your posts wreak with envy. It is beyond your comprehension how someone uneducated like Danny could be president of a world wide tv ministry when someone as knowledgeable and learned as you, is not. The only thing you can do is make allegations that he is there because of wrong doing. Do you think (obviously you do) that you, mr. j know more than asi, the board, the counselors, that did indeed counsel LInda, ASI, the pastors, Mark F, Doug B, David A., Wintley Phipps. and a host of other people that defend and stay with 3abn because they "do know" the "real truth". If you really believe that you know more than they do about the situation, if you really believe that you are smart than them, then you are far worse off than I could have imagined.

WWJD, You say you have proof. Then why don't you show Pickle or Greg, they are representing Linda and I would take their word for the truth. That way you can spare Linda as you say you want to.

That would not clear Tommy or DS covering for him.

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 9 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #105

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 9 2007, 12:35 AM) [snapback]176686[/snapback]

Easy to solve. Ask Mark Finley if he counseled her on the phone 3 different times and what was said. He is willing to make that statement or sign a document saying so. Read my other post in corporate worship. It will fill in the details. THERE ARE RECEIPTS for 8 hours of out of state counseling with 2 christian counselors that are not adventist to the best of my understanding.
John Lomacang will also testify or sign a sworn statement on the counseling he did with them. Why would a man who loved his wife hire PI's to follow her. One that knew what she was doing while they were still married and who would have still, forgiven, and reconciled even after seeing the evidence but she was not willing. That being the case, he was I guess, glad, if you can use that word that he had proof because of the people like you that would never believe she was capable of such a thing.

WWJD, you are the one making the claim that Mark Finley counseled Linda, by telephone, on 3 separate occasions. You are the one who claims Mark Finley is willing to sign a document attesting to the facts of your claim. SO, it is upon you, not the readers here, to do the leg work and contact Mark Finley. Since you now claim you can produce evidence, produce this evidence: a signed, notarized statement from Mark Finley attesting to your claims and mail it to Calvin and then post it here. Until you have done that you have no credibility here and your claims of "evidence" are nothing more than dust in the wind---no substance. We are all waiting, but I am sure no one is holding their breath. Let's make this a test of your credibility, if you can produce this evidence I for one am willing to listen to you, if not, are you willing to be banned from BSDA for all the slander and false accusations you have made against Linda Shelton. Are sure enough of your "evidence" to take this challenge? Are you a Christian who stands with your witness or merely a minion of Danny Shelton, sent here to do his bidding?

Sister

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:36 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church