Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=330 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:02 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
daylily
post Mar 28 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #331

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,715

This is why we grow our own food as much as possible, and carefully wash what we buy. We can and freeze hundreds of quarts of fruits and vegetables every summer. We also dry many pounds of fruits. I realize that not everyone has the time or inclination or the land to do this, but I certainly appreciate the fact that we do:)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 28 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #332

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Oh, I understand that most hwo present this type of info don't view it as a scare tatic,a nd yolu seem to be a perfectly lovely person who caresa bout people and wants the best for them. That notwithstanding, it is what it is. We have to follow God's example and allow poeple to make informed decisions themselves. Because is all honestly the desired result from presenting such information is for someone to say, "Yuck!!! Never gagin!"

In these days when even the dirt we grow our food in is contaminated with something, we just don't know, even buying fresh. Not to mention the water used, etc. If our last few food alerts had not included fresh produce, your aguments might stand a little better............but as it stands, they are, alas no safer.

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 28 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]188513[/snapback]

PDi, my intent is not scare tactics... from what i've observed so far, this group doesn't scare easily. my only intent was to share the info... what everyone does or doesn't do with it is their own personal choice. and i tried to share it in a somewhat humorous way.

i would like to tour some food processing plants to see for myself how and what the preparation processes are.

personally, this is why i only purchase fresh fruit, veggies, and such... i like cleaning them myself, cooking them myself, and knowing what i'm eating.

btjm

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 28 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #333

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 28 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]188528[/snapback]

Oh, I understand that most hwo present this type of info don't view it as a scare tatic,a nd yolu seem to be a perfectly lovely person who caresa bout people and wants the best for them. That notwithstanding, it is what it is. We have to follow God's example and allow poeple to make informed decisions themselves. Because is all honestly the desired result from presenting such information is for someone to say, "Yuck!!! Never gagin!"
In these days when even the dirt we grow our food in is contaminated with something, we just don't know, even buying fresh. Not to mention the water used, etc. If our last few food alerts had not included fresh produce, your aguments might stand a little better............but as it stands, they are, alas no safer.

PrincessDi, God bless you.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 28 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #334

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

OK folks. Is this discussion heading for a call for a BSDA community garden? IF so, count me in! Maybe we can raise enough corn to have a corn and linket roast come late summer.

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 28 2007, 04:17 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 28 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #335

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

When I first got to West Africa for my tour as a student missionary, my SDA supervisor strongly advised my roommate and I not to pick the weavels out of our bread or the flour we used in our cooking. He explained that they had already consumed a great percentage of the nutrition out of the flour and if we removed them we would be essentially throwing out the good stuff.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 28 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #336

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 28 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]188537[/snapback]

OK folks. Is this discussion heading for a call for a BSDA community garden? IF so, count me in! Maybe we can raise enough corn to have a corn and linket roast come late summer.

Welll.... if it's "corn" you want.... try the BSDA community place called "On the Lighter Side"... parties are always in progress.....

Or, if it's the serious side of food you are looking for... then click on "Healthy Living".

See you there. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #337

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]188444[/snapback]

It's the BSDA way we do things here. We like to fun and not take ourselves to seriously at times. We use our discretion when to split or close a topic.

I lik happydance.gif e that attitude of yours, BOSS.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #338

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 28 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]188544[/snapback]

When I first got to West Africa for my tour as a student missionary, my SDA supervisor strongly advised my roommate and I not to pick the weavels out of our bread or the flour we used in our cooking. He explained that they had already consumed a great percentage of the nutrition out of the flour and if we removed them we would be essentially throwing out the good stuff.

In Dubai I was in the hospital at 12 years of age for probably some sort of meningitis. We ordered vegetarian fare, from what I recall. I didn't care for the Indian seasonings, but it was all right, until I think the last meal. For some reason the rice wasn't covered with whatever that meal, allowing me to see the weevils.

I did remove them and ate the rice anyway.

Now if I had known that that was going to be my last meal in the hospital, I would have abstained entirely. Wish they had told me.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #339

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 28 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]188387[/snapback]

And I suppose we assume that factories do no cleansing of the foods they take in for processing?

But the main question I have is why these off-topic posts continue to be made on the 3abn site.... why on two levels.... why individual posters do not go to the other areas of BSDA where these things are already being discussed.... and why ... .... .... but I've already asked that before, so I won't "go there" again now.

wallbash.gif........... thumbdown.gif

i'm guessin' weez gist goes offonatangent WB giggle.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 29 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #340

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 28 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]188513[/snapback]

PDi, my intent is not scare tactics... from what i've observed so far, this group doesn't scare easily. my only intent was to share the info... what everyone does or doesn't do with it is their own personal choice. and i tried to share it in a somewhat humorous way.

i would like to tour some food processing plants to see for myself how and what the preparation processes are.

personally, this is why i only purchase fresh fruit, veggies, and such... i like cleaning them myself, cooking them myself, and knowing what i'm eating.

btjm

I started reading to catch up from what I missed while I was at the "hospital". I read the first post about Chocolate and went crazy. Why was everyone talking about CHOCOLATE when I don't have any in the house? uhm.gif

So I jumped up and started madly searching the house. Boy, was I glad to find 3 Dark Chocolate Nuggets. M-m-m-m Good! I sat down and licked some of that dark shocolate off my fingers and then started reading again. happydance.gif

Now I am trying my best to get rig of the chocolate! I need to search on how I can make myself throw up! notworking.gif

Ugh! What am I going to do now without chocolate??????????????? dunno.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #341

Advanced Member

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 27 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]188361[/snapback]

mozart, can you please post here a link to that page??

i didn't save the webpage of the news article i read several years ago about this; and would like know the specifics of what is allowed...

yes.gif more and more i prefer to fix my own food... i wanna know what i'm eating!

sorry, i don't know where she found that list.

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 28 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]188390[/snapback]

why not.... when there is no new news, and the real story cannot be told, these little jaunts to explore various and sundry issues don't do any harm..... I view them as a rest area stop one takes when on a long trip......

man aint that the truth!! happydance.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 29 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #342

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 27 2007, 07:17 PM) [snapback]188299[/snapback]

It is about 40 years since the last time I was at Andrews, but they must have a store there where you can get a taste of carob.

If Apple Valley Market is still there, I'm sure they sell carob!

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 28 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]188393[/snapback]

WB,

You make a good point. Why does this off-topic stuff happen here instead of other areas?

Oh, it happens all over BSDA....check out other forums and see if the threads there always stay right on topic.....I assure you that many do not...ask some of the other moderators here...which is why I suspect Calvin answered as he did in the post I quoted below....
QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]188444[/snapback]

It's the BSDA way we do things here. We like to fun and not take ourselves to seriously at times. We use our discretion when to split or close a topic.

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #343

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 28 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]188400[/snapback]

Then why do we have a rule about offtopic posting?

Are they a rest stop in every thread, or only the ones each of us dislike?

Personally, I find myself in sympathy and in accord with what WB posted. It's hard to follow a topic of interest, (albeit that varies for each of us) and it's time consuming when you have to keep reading, and filtering, and wading through all the offtopic stuff to find the posts which are ontopic. It's also discouraging.
Perhaps we could develop a 3ABN food and eating issues topic and move all to it, or just leave all as is and rename the forum "3ABN, minutia, and eating issues" and then all will be on topic. blink.gif

take a pepto Al. how can you be in such a foul mood 24/7

QUOTE(daylily @ Mar 28 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]188520[/snapback]

This is why we grow our own food as much as possible, and carefully wash what we buy. We can and freeze hundreds of quarts of fruits and vegetables every summer. We also dry many pounds of fruits. I realize that not everyone has the time or inclination or the land to do this, but I certainly appreciate the fact that we do:)

will you adopt me daylily? tongue.gif

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 29 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #344

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 29 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]188835[/snapback]

I started reading to catch up from what I missed while I was at the "hospital". I read the first post about Chocolate and went crazy. Why was everyone talking about CHOCOLATE when I don't have any in the house? uhm.gif

So I jumped up and started madly searching the house. Boy, was I glad to find 3 Dark Chocolate Nuggets. M-m-m-m Good! I sat down and licked some of that dark shocolate off my fingers and then started reading again. happydance.gif

Now I am trying my best to get rig of the chocolate! I need to search on how I can make myself throw up! notworking.gif

Ugh! What am I going to do now without chocolate??????????????? dunno.gif

Not to panic, Fran. Come on over to the CHOCOLATE thread in the Healthy Living Forum where BSDA Chocoholics take their chocolate VERY seriously.... Or, if you need immediate help with the bug parts data, go directly >>>>>HERE , where you will learn the true and official FDA allowances for contaminants... which are no worse, really, than peanut butter or any number of other processed foods.

And you will never again have to worry about chocolate being offtopic.gif ........! wave.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 29 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #345

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 6 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]175807[/snapback]

To all the Danny is innocent crowd,
Just read the letters from the second mom, Judy Woods, Sherry Avery,

i have just one question how long is your side going to pretend that not one thing happen or it was all over 30 years ago. HOw long are you going to party to the cover of sin which always leads to more sin.

just wondering?
Erik W.

This kind of behavior won't just go away with wishful thinking. Who is going to step up to protect other potential victims? no.gif

My question is, when will the authorities be notified?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church