Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=315 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:00 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Pickle
post Mar 27 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #316

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 27 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]188264[/snapback]

You mean Carob isn't bitter? I always thought that Carob was bitter and nasty...
yucky.gif

Mama used to mix carob, honey, and peanut butter together. We called it carob-peanut butter stuff and put it on waffles and such. We loved it growing up, all of us kids.

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 27 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]188205[/snapback]

carmine

Cochineal

At least when they wax things like apples with shellac, they're only using the secretions of the bugs, not the bugs themselves.

Personally, I prefer my shellac on the woodwork rather than on the food.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 27 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #317

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 25 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]187714[/snapback]

There is a difference. It's in how all that stuff ends up in the chocolate. What I've been told is that they pile up the fruit in these other countries to age or ferment, and that during that length of time the bugs and critters move in.

But your mention of green beans reminds me of a time when I was around 11 in Dubai. I think the brand was Green Giant, but we opened up a can of peas and put it in a pot on the stove. A little while later someone noticed a big fat caterpillar floating in the pot.

Usually the bugs over there in the food were due to the flour being old. Only once did we have a can of vegetables that had the extra protein put in during the canning process.

my sister found a roach in some campbell's cream of mushroom soup and i found a spider in some campbell's cream of chicken soup. i took the spider out and put it on a piece of paper to dry out and i took it to our local extension agent to look at it under a microscope. it was the whole spider and it was really ugly. i put invisible tape over it to hold it together and sent it to campbell's with my report. they wrote me back and said they did heat test on the spider and found it had not been cooked with the soup so they said it must have been in my utensil. well..............it wasn't. i don't think i'd miss something like that. anyway they sent me a check for $25. (?) and some campbell's coupons. roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif when my sister found the roach she looked online and found a list of the specific amonts of vermin that is allowed by the FDA. G-R-O-S-S-!!!!! makes you never want to eat processed food again.

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 27 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]188299[/snapback]

It is about 40 years since the last time I was at Andrews, but they must have a store there where you can get a taste of carob. You may have to get used to it. I love to put some of the powder on top of a slice of bread with honey.

Some lemonades and drinks contain carob.

your'e a weird pickle ! roflmao.gif happydance.gif lol.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 27 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #318

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 27 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]188346[/snapback]

when my sister found the roach she looked online and found a list of the specific amonts of vermin that is allowed by the FDA.

mozart, can you please post here a link to that page??

i didn't save the webpage of the news article i read several years ago about this; and would like know the specifics of what is allowed...

yes.gif more and more i prefer to fix my own food... i wanna know what i'm eating!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 28 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #319

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 28 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]188361[/snapback]

mozart, can you please post here a link to that page??

i didn't save the webpage of the news article i read several years ago about this; and would like know the specifics of what is allowed...

yes.gif more and more i prefer to fix my own food... i wanna know what i'm eating!

While living in Africa I saw how the farmers dried their cocoa beans on the red dried mud between their mud huts. Their goats were roaming around in the cocoa beans. When all was dried everything was scooped into huge bags, beans, dust, bugs, droppings, and all, and shipped to the chocolate factories.

What a comfort the factories permit no more than 25% of other material with the beans!!! blink.gif At least you get some proteins. spoton.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 28 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #320

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 28 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]188384[/snapback]

While living in Africa I saw how the farmers dried their cocoa beans on the red dried mud between their mud huts. Their goats were roaming around in the cocoa beans. When all was dried everything was scooped into huge bags, beans, dust, bugs, droppings, and all, and shipped to the chocolate factories.

What a comfort the factories permit no more than 25% of other material with the beans!!! blink.gif At least you get some proteins. spoton.gif

And I suppose we assume that factories do no cleansing of the foods they take in for processing?

But the main question I have is why these off-topic posts continue to be made on the 3abn site.... why on two levels.... why individual posters do not go to the other areas of BSDA where these things are already being discussed.... and why ... .... .... but I've already asked that before, so I won't "go there" again now.

wallbash.gif........... thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 28 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #321

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 28 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]188387[/snapback]

And I suppose we assume that factories do no cleansing of the foods they take in for processing?

But the main question I have is why these off-topic posts continue to be made on the 3abn site.... why on two levels.... why individual posters do not go to the other areas of BSDA where these things are already being discussed.... and why ... .... .... but I've already asked that before, so I won't "go there" again now.

why not.... when there is no new news, and the real story cannot be told, these little jaunts to explore various and sundry issues don't do any harm..... I view them as a rest area stop one takes when on a long trip......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 28 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #322

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 28 2007, 05:31 AM) [snapback]188387[/snapback]

WB,

You make a good point. Why does this off-topic stuff happen here instead of other areas? Perhaps a portion of the answer lies somewhere in the sense of family/good friends one begins to develop with other members after a period of time posting here. It gets tempting to have a bit of fun while other matters are being discussed, sort of like siblings kicking each other under the dinner table while mom and dad are talking over the events of the day - or feeding the brussel sprouts to Spike when mom's not looking.

The greater point is, though, that doing this does distract from the topics at hand and is, in most cases, counter productive.

Again, WB, good point. Point taken. spoton.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 28 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]188390[/snapback]

why not.... when there is no new news, and the real story cannot be told, these little jaunts to explore various and sundry issues don't do any harm..... I view them as a rest area stop one takes when on a long trip......

Sigh, good point Clay.

However, wouldn't the rest area stops be off of the main road? Plus, y'all do get out of the car before you stretch your legs, walk the doggie or visit the rest rooms, right?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 28 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #323

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 28 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]188393[/snapback]

WB,

You make a good point. Why does this off-topic stuff happen here instead of other areas? Perhaps a portion of the answer lies somewhere in the sense of family/good friends one begins to develop with other members after a period of time posting here. It gets tempting to have a bit of fun while other matters are being discussed, sort of like siblings kicking each other under the dinner table while mom and dad are talking over the events of the day - or feeding the brussel sprouts to Spike when mom's not looking.

The greater point is, though, that doing this does distract from the topics at hand and is, in most cases, counter productive.

Again, WB, good point. Point taken. spoton.gif
Sigh, good point Clay.

However, wouldn't the rest area stops be off of the main road? Plus, y'all do get out of the car before you stretch your legs, walk the doggie or visit the rest rooms, right?

we are adults though.... side issues being discussed should not distract us, I mean as adults we have the ability to filter and focus... usually....

As for where the rest stops are... they may or may not be... but as far as discussions go, sometimes its all of that (the topic and the side issues) that makes the discussion enjoyable and even memorable.... IMO.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 28 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #324

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 28 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]188390[/snapback]

Then why do we have a rule about offtopic posting?

Are they a rest stop in every thread, or only the ones each of us dislike?

Personally, I find myself in sympathy and in accord with what WB posted. It's hard to follow a topic of interest, (albeit that varies for each of us) and it's time consuming when you have to keep reading, and filtering, and wading through all the offtopic stuff to find the posts which are ontopic. It's also discouraging.

Perhaps we could develop a 3ABN food and eating issues topic and move all to it, or just leave all as is and rename the forum "3ABN, minutia, and eating issues" and then all will be on topic. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 28 2007, 08:53 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 28 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #325

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 28 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]188400[/snapback]

Personally, I find myself in sympathy and in accord with what WB posted. It's hard to follow a topic of interest, (albeit that varies for each of us) and it's time consuming when you have to keep reading, and filtering, and wading through all the offtopic stuff to find the posts which are ontopic. It's also discouraging.
Perhaps we could develop a 3ABN food and eating issues topic and move all to it, or just leave all as is and rename the forum "3ABN, minutia, and eating issues" and then all will be on topic. blink.gif

let me repeat myself....
we are adults though.... side issues being discussed should not distract us, I mean as adults we have the ability to filter and focus... usually....

--------------------

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 28 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #326

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 28 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]188400[/snapback]

It's the BSDA way we do things here. We like to fun and not take ourselves to seriously at times. We use our discretion when to split or close a topic.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 28 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #327

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]188444[/snapback]

It's the BSDA way we do things here. We like to fun and not take ourselves to seriously at times. We use our discretion when to split or close a topic.

clap.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 28 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #328

Advanced Member

hmmm... interesting...
talk, invites, plans for a BBQ... no negative responses to such about being off topic...
but, let the uncleanness and impurities of chocolate be discussed, and the guns and attacks appear...
wow, you'd think chocolate is a god, not to be touched...

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 28 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]188390[/snapback]

Thanks Clay and Calvin, i really appreciate your comments...

This post has been edited by roxe: Mar 28 2007, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 28 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #329

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Oh it's been mentioned, Roxe. That was what Clay's post was about. But as he said growfolks ought to be able to keep up.......if not, they need to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving! LOL!! JK

Now, I don't see hwere you were attacked, though. Now I will say this. I really don't like that way of "convincing" someone of the harmful effets of....anything. Like I said it is a scare tatic, and doesn't result in long lasting lifestyle changes. Besides, it is not the way God deals with us.

Besides them same snakes, bugs, etc was crawling and pooping all over your veggies and soy beans. There is just no guarantee about anything......that is why it is invalid to use it in one area and not all. ALL things that grow form the ground are subject to the conditions of which you speak.

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 28 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]188497[/snapback]

hmmm... interesting...
talk, invites, plans for a BBQ... no negative responses to such about being off topic...
but, let the uncleanness and impurities of chocolate be discussed, and the guns and attacks appear...
wow, you'd think chocolate is a god, not to be touched...
Thanks Clay and Calvin, i really appreciate your comments...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 28 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #330

Advanced Member

PDi, my intent is not scare tactics... from what i've observed so far, this group doesn't scare easily. my only intent was to share the info... what everyone does or doesn't do with it is their own personal choice. and i tried to share it in a somewhat humorous way.

i would like to tour some food processing plants to see for myself how and what the preparation processes are.

personally, this is why i only purchase fresh fruit, veggies, and such... i like cleaning them myself, cooking them myself, and knowing what i'm eating.

btjm

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church